/hbg/ - Homebrew and Hacking General

Made this because I needed the OP links edition

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and Action Replay DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/zjpjxp.zip
twitter.com/daeken/status/906625938292477953
gbatemp.net/threads/482804
twitter.com/AnonBabble

first for I bricked my 3DS

Fusion mode save when?

my 3DS is on 11.5 I need a flash cart now

5 hours

Freeshop is a buggy POS that needs hundreds of restarts to get working properly and CIAngel is much better than it. Just thought you all should know.

Should I go for b9s if I already have A9LH with Luma?

I'm still on A9LH, it just works

its easy a shit to switch to so I see not reason why not

my.mixtape.moe/zjpjxp.zip

But I'll lose all my games and saves.

is freeshop dead? will they have metroid tomorrow?

My 3DS has a hardware problem which makes it turn off unexpectedly sometimes, so I'm a bit iffy on performing something that can potentially brick it.

Unless A9LH => b9s can't actually brick it, in which case I'll probably switch.

What do I do with this?
Dump a save and replace files then import??

I didnt when I switched

>My 3DS has a hardware problem which makes it turn off unexpectedly sometimes
then dont bother, wouldn't risk it

Mad Men sucks and so does freeshop. Get the .cia instead.

Is this cp?

Yep. You dont need to use the exe.

Dump your save with jksm, then overwrite the dump with the profile0 files and reimport back into the game

Reminder to get off a9l and move on to superior b9/8.x.

Thanks bro

>681.46 MB
Is this the right size for Samus Returns or am I being rused?

Right size

If by cp you mean fusion mode, than yes.

>still no eng patched Ys8
>still no eng patched atelier shellie
Will i ever fucking play these games? Why did i had to fall for the henkaku enso meme

>still no metroid on freeshop

What does this adds again?

>Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two
?

Because the game is not out on the nintendo servers, at least not the activation seed. You retarded fuck

A blank fusion mode saveslot at 0 %, some ( but not all ) gallery unlocked and extra fuel tanks unlocked in fusion mode

Noice.

My SD Reader fucks up and can't copy for shit.

Any way to dl the CIA for metroid directly to the 3DS? Or wait?

any way to keep your progress but unlock amiibo stuff with that file?

My understanding is ALL amiibo unlocks have been toggled, but you will have to clear the game once to unlock some ( amiibo and you must finish the game in normal ) things, like jukebox.

you can with freeshop but its still not on there for whatever reason

>Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two
>What happened?
Malware supporting faggots and closed sourced drama happened,now stop asking.

Try to patch your save with the exe and reimport with jksm.

I just sacrificed my save and used the included save, without trying to keep my old saves

Is it safe to update firmware after you've installed b9s?

>/hbg/ shitposters
>reading any of the threads they post in

It wasn't anywhere in this thread though. Not the pastebin either.

Thanks. Did a change of file name and i get to keep my original file

>there are people in this thread still not playing samus returns

link me the cia and then we won't not be playing anymore

I got lost in area 3.

Does anyone know the secret to undubbing Etrian Odyssey games?
From what I heard it's not the first EO to use this archive format.

Just got the Spider Ball. Seems like the Metroids are spaced out really far between each other.

There is a mediafire link at reddit from 21 hours ago that works. I'm playing right now but I'm thinking of using that save thing posted to see what it does.

I beat it yesterday and I'm doing fusion rn using that file posted earlier

My backlog is fucking huge and I'm not gonna drop one game for another because I'll never find the motivation to go back
I'm playing through botw right now and probably won't be done for at least another 100 hours

I don't care for Metroid

But by no installing right away, you waste much more time.

If I'm looking to buy a vita for hacking, is it better to buy new or used? New is ~$200 and I've heard that the non-jp sellers are below 3.60 firmware. Used is like 100, but might have risk of being higher than 3.60.

So EO5 is like EOU1? Are we gonna have issues for its undub?

>tfw area 5

HEY NIGGERFAGGOTS, PIRACY IS FOR HOMOQUEERS

Now that I have your attention...
If I have a US region Wii U game and the only DLC on the title keys website is EUR region, how would I go about making it work for my game? Can I change the region if my save data?

Yep. Never ever.
At least we can mute the voices.

Jesus fuck. There's has to be a way to undub this lile EOU2. FUCK

>backplate peels like a cheap piece of shit
>have to unscrew the fucking thing just to get at the microsd

why is the 3ds such a piece of shit, has anyone made a backplate that isn't garbage

>Get woke
>Metroid STILL not on the freeshop
Are you cucking kidding me?

Different format. That's why Untold 1 is still not undubbed.

Just naming it profile1 should do that right?

EO5 is shit anyway

Not our fault you're too stupid to get it anywhere else. Babby need spoonfeed?

Stop using pedoshop and use CIAngle
And it literally takes a google search to find it on 3dsiso
How dumb can you be

Bromosexuals.
When's the new metroid coming to freeshop?

@189282885
@189291348
Your ill-informed poor man's bait will not get any replies

3.61+ never ever

user, can you not read the two posts right above yours

That and adding it to your original backup that should be profile0. Then you should have profile0 and profile1 in the same backup folder. Inject back and thats it

twitter.com/daeken/status/906625938292477953
SOON

So this is the power of the n3ds...whoaaa

Burning 1 tree. On standby can be around 30 fps to 24 depending on area

>[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

What happened to the last two?. I am still using the last working one.

what is that meme.

Shit's answered at least 3 times in every thread.

When are we gonna start banning idiots who ask the same stupid questions over and over?
Public ridicule doesn't seem to be working.

>homebrew runs like shit

Official n3ds Minecraft. Just dropped today. :^)

why did they fucking bother.

I really wonder if you can do something to make N3DS games to launch on a normal 3DS.

Can somebody with CFW 3ds go to settings and tell me if the red light on their camera turns on?

I've been fucking with bootntr recently, had a minor crash and I think? since then it started doing that, which I don't like. I go to settings, the red light turns on for maybe 20 seconds and then turns off.

Are you guys retarded?

>When are we gonna start banning
When you apply for a mod position, you lazy cuck.

Strangely Minecraft doesn't have an f in the title ID like all other n3DS exclusives. It actually really confused me at first.

You can but the game will run slow as fucking shit. Way back when Xeno came out, someone did somw voodoo shit and made it run on a o3ds but was not even close to worth it. Hell, if you have luma 8.1.1, go on rosalina and check the clocking speed and L2 cache menu from itm set it to o3ds and watch the thing burn

Well fuck you do you think that i am all the time browsing this shit thread to know that?. The reason isnt in the op or in the gbatemp thread posted there. So you either ignore the question or go be a flamming faggot somewhere else.

Help
Am stuck

Oh no, he's retarded.

In case you haven't noticed, it's the same ebin trole posting the question every thread. He didn't get any replies the first time so he rewrote it and posted it again.

those usually mean you come from that side, if there are no breakable blocks around then you cant do anything

Wait, you can overclock your 3ds with Luma? I can follow guides, updating and shit but from the capabilities of Luma I have no idea.

you can also spider ball but idk if you have it at that point if you do then youre dumb

No, the one who asked is me and i wasnt trolling at all. It baffles me how you guys assume that everyone is as idle as you or that it is a must to read previous threads where most of the time nothing happens besides autistic posting.

So if you guys dont want the same question asked again and again explain at least a little in the op then there will be no excuse.

SPIDER
BALL

Old 3ds and New 3ds have different CPU clocks and cache sizes.
An n3ds will automatically change its cpu to o3ds settings when running games released only on o3ds to prevent possible issues. Using luma you can force it to always use the clock setting you want (it breaks some o3ds games but it's very rare). Most games released nowadays already use n3ds speeds if available so it's useless for them.

What user meant was that, if you changed the clock speeds to o3ds levels while running an n3ds exclusive game like minecraft it would probably slow to a crawl. I doubt the game would even run on an o3ds at all since it probably really needs the extra RAM.

based.

So, is this game easy?, I played all metroids before, so I'd rather play at hard mode from the start if the game is too easy.

3.61+ games soon

I dont even know what the fuck im looking at

It's an x-ray image of a Vita game cartridge, and it means literally nothing.

Gotcha. I'd like to see it for some games like Minecraft, Xeno and the FE game that will be only for N3DS and see how it'll run

Did that guy released that thing so I can see it for myself?

Okay so if I download the Samus returns cia right now can I use that save on the actual cart when it arrives tomorrow afternoon?

yea just rip the save and import it

Like do a save backup to sd through the system settings And then when I boot up the card it will just recognize it? Or more complicated than that? Sorry I'm still new to this.