/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 14th of September:
786 – "Night of the three Caliphs": Harun al-Rashid becomes the Abbasid caliph upon the death of his brother al-Hadi. Birth of Harun's son al-Ma'mun.
1812 – Napoleonic Wars: The French Grande Armée enters Moscow. The Fire of Moscow begins as soon as Russian troops leave the city.
1917 – Russia is officially proclaimed a republic.
1940 – Ip massacre: The Hungarian Army, supported by local Hungarians, kill 158 Romanian civilians in Ip, Sălaj, a village in Northern Transylvania, an act of ethnic cleansing.
1943 – World War II: The Wehrmacht starts a three-day retaliatory operation targeting several Greek villages in the region of Viannos, whose death toll would eventually exceed 500 persons.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 11/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043472
EU4 DD 12/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043646

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/quP2WaD
pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

yeehaw

white and based

What MP discords are there?

for king and country lad

New EU4 DLC WHEN

Daily reminder that micromanaging a military to be split between offensive and defensive forces is better than not. Looking at you Victoria 2 players

That's impractical.

>ETH at $226

What if a great success in defensive operations opens a great opportunity for a counteroffensive, but you can't take it because your army is geared towards defense
Versatility>Specialization

The supply limit mechanic in V2 makes that infeasible, and operational "momentum" in that game makes it irrelevant. Thanks for your opinion though.

You should zulu wave the enemy. Breakthrough compositions immediately followed by defensive recon units.

>Thanks for your opinion though.
Why would you thank him for shit opinions?

uhm sweatie every opinion should be respected equally :)

discord.gg/quP2WaD

>not having offensive guards and cuirassers with 1 engineer and artillery to slam into the enemy
>immediately backed up by infantry and hussars backed up by 1 eng and infantry

Children. This is a man's game.

are you fucking retarded, why would you have units standing around unless they are out of organization. This is not a mechanic in any paradox game

How do I play unified Italy in HPM?
I always get crushed by Austria when I go for the north-east. There should be a bookmark.

Youre supposed to have a standing guard army for offensive wars and when you need to defend? Mobilize and attach to your existing artilley units. Duh.

You don't even need Lombardia you shitter

I'm going to use invasion in CK2 HIP to conquer some meme lands and turn it into norse over the course of the game.

Where should I invade?

Scandinavia

judea

How would /gsg/ create a modern day Grand Strategy?

Iran.Make it all aryan again.

Egypt so you can be a Pharoah, East or West Africa so you can reverse WE WUZ, Socotra, Lanka.

Don't forget to grab a meme religion like Zoroastrian, Yazidi, Shia (for Hashashin society), Jewish, or Messalian

vandalia or sicily, only the most non white pussies

Indian vikings

>Zoroastrian
>meme religion
fuck you

utter melt

need it for what?

the only way i can play HIP CK2 is if I play as the game's supervisor, watching as an observer and intervening anywhere I feel needs to go in a certain direction.

For example, I wanted a game where the Viking age has way more invasions, but also want a Zoroastian resurgence, so I keep switching between Persian and Norse characters to make sure both sides of the map go where I want it to go. The British Isles, Northern France, the Lowlands and Northern Germany all go Norse due to Viking invasions and Norse Reform, while the Persian Empire is revived under the Karenid dynasty, while adopting Pahlavi culture and stamping out the Arabicized Farsi culture.

I've always wanted to play an MP game with certain set goals but nobody's interested.

pic related

To form italy

user, don't get so offended, I'm not disrespecting the faggy fire-worshipers you self identify with for some reason, I'm just referring to all of the special snowflake/short lived religions in-game

I don't need it to form Italy but I need to get it later from Austria.

Egypt seems like the most fun, how do I become a Pharaoh? is it possible to gain the title or are you memeing me? this may or may not be my first ck2 game

Why is HIP so garbage at handling christianism?
I'm less than twenty years in and a lot of (big) kings have converted to retarded garbage like catharism, messalianism and fratticelism, and both catholicism and orthodoxism are

So unify Italy first and destroy Austria with your superior everything

What was your worst or most memorably bad or fucked up game of CK2, EUIV, V2, or DH that you played, and let your curiosity of seeing just how far the monstrosity could go overrule your urge to ragequit?

>there will never be unique custom ai made by players in grand strategy

In HIP? Maybe. Haven't played it in a while, nor did I play it that extensively.
I was just referring to LARPing

>no EU3
Get the fuck out to Paradoxplaza
Forming China as Knights in Magna Mundi

Alright, some massive LARPing is coming up

Play victoria 2 with like 8 autists in this thread. After the 11th OOS and before the first month finishes. Youre sure to get some monstrosities.

If you don't mind using the console, I would convert to Zunist to RP as worshiping Ra.
As far as I know Zunist isn't possible to normally play as outside of the earliest start date, and it doesn't last long if you aren't playing them

My dear, please, I did write III before I realized my mistake. But if you still play III, by all means, please post. Some EUIII mods have things that EUIV still, years later, has yet to have. I mean look at basic miscmods - what EUIV mod has yet to replicate dynamic colonial cultures? It's not even that hard.

And I said bad as in defeat. Not making a momentum of trash and then seeing how far the horror could go. Failure, in other words.

>Forming China as Knights in Magna Mundi
What the hell
How can you even expand as the Knights? I will never understand EU3. I wish I could.

go back to 8 dumb

>cheating

Whatever, only other option is to start as Sigurdr the Ring and somehow acquire a Zunist concubine before your adventure, and just getting a Zoroastrian one is enough of a pain.

Also, anyone know the rules with subjugation? If I take the king subjugation ambition and subjugate everyone in that kingdom, it doesn't use my free subjugation, does it? I want to go Perm>Yugra off the king ambition, then use the free one on Kirghiz, for both meme-value and the achievement

/v/ is making fun of us again

1444, Brandenburg. Formed Prussia, ate the HRE from the inside, went revolutionary, conquered all of Europe and Anatolia, set up client republics. I'm working with a guy to make the endgame into a Vic 2 alt-history mod (Germany will be nerfed hard for it, don't worry).

where

Believable Worlds

pastebin.com/33A7wXdB
willy wagglers to battle stations

jolly ho lads

FUCK OFF ALREADY YOU ANNOYING CUNTS

In 653, the Emperor Faustus embarked on a campaign that perhaps should have been done long ago; reclamation of Hispania from the Suebi. The Valentinian heretics had occupied this land for well over a century, but that was soon to come to an end.

post your sister-girlfiend's tits please

is your gf still there?
tell her to post her voice NOW

post iberian romanization

This one made me laugh
No.

will they join me if i sphere them? i could beat them, but all these dead italians would be a waste

>Italy
>only owns half

Does the pops in colonies matter enough for me to abolish slavery? Will they assimilate faster if I do?

Knights in Magna Mundi get some pretty ridiculous bonuses based on being a Crusader State. Anyway if youre a non-monarchy its 50 years slog of becoming a cored blob before you start having vassals.

If youre Kingdom (like Cyprus) you do a cascade of PUs, Allies and Vassalisations starting with Italy and Pope then you eat your old allies etc. For instance Naples will happily occupy Italians for warscore.

Also my bad,i formed China in MEIOU EU3 as Knights.
In Magna Mundi lemme think...one time i formed Portugal into Austria and later formed Mughals.

black and unbased, you'll unite italy but divide africa if you do that

>/v/ is making fun of us again
Are you surprised? We're worse than /kspg/

see

Pops in colonies will never assimilate because they'll be on their core territories.

Some nine months into the war, the first battle begins.

t. gee junk

What do? I can't picture a Norse Kingdom in Mongolia worshiping Christ.
Also, the money would be nice, but he is an actual doctor, which I can't even search for right now

How do you guys do it? How do you form/play Persia and not get annihilated by the Ottomans? I've tried over and over again, but with these damn Jannisary stacks of 60-80 over and over again. What do I do? How can I possibly stand against it!?

Tomorrow

>a Norse Catholic is less believable to you than a Norse Zoroastrian

Do we still hate this game then?

What is this meme

was that dog originally there

when you stop crying in the thread every day

Chain of command doesn't make it a good game all of a sudden.

Flavormod for HoI3 - V. 1.1.2 - Mostly bugfixes edition
Pastebin: pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

1.1.2 Changelog
-Added Seguro Obrero Massacre event to Chile
-Added Event for the 1944 Bulgarian coup d'etat
-Added Events for the Anglo-Iraqi War
-Begun work on events for the Soviets to organize Occupied Germany & Poland
-Added some new country-specific songs to Germany, France, UK & USA
-To play as Nat. Spain from 36, select them in a later start date and then switch back to the 1936 start. The SCW will fire as normal.
-A few new province & unit images
-Tons of bugfixes & event text rewriting
-I probably forgot something

Sorry this took so long and is a bit content-light like anyone cares, I was traveling and a lost motivation for a while. Hopefully updates will come a bit more frequently after this.

It's the "mascot" of the hoi4 devs

Not gonna spoonfeed you retarded geejunk

>We're worse than /kspg/
[citation needed]

Huh, old Portugal save is here.
Now im not sure how did this happen but something bugged out with Austrian division thing again and instead of the division happening (because cores are removed if you reunite the place as Austrian culture which i switched to) Austria became well...myself.

So i just figured out what the hell,lets go colonize instead.

that explains a lot

i need a non-meme answer

why did you delete?

And since its an old game country switching keeps indefinite modifiers on you.

>The Liquor Act
OwO what's dis

>the liquor act

t. gee junk
also im not reporting you, you paranoid twat