/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Alive Edition

Last thread
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

ivan.sourceforge.net
indiegame.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags= -lisa(series)
indiegame.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=Darkest_dungeon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ded thred for ded games

take care, thanks for the vids.

Commies don't come in

>already page 10

its over boys

Yep. We're ded.

Super dead

man i wanna like csd2 more but it's just so woefully unfinished right now

CSD is a mindnumbing flashgame-tier series.

In what ways?

buzz modifiers aren't shown, emails aren't functional at all, a lot of the menuing is just poorly polished
ingredient hotkeys need another pass for consistency
the sorting options for purchasing dishes vary between acceptable and nonexistent depending on what you want to know

So dead that EA(me) is rebooting our thread on mobile

Any news on Ninja Tears?

Fuck off. My feelings are protected, and so are my memories of Command and Conquer.

Any games like Darkest Dungeon but not as hard

A corridor simulator? No.

Its almost been a month and still no grimoire manual

>/indie/ is dead
So show me its body

Divinity Original Sin 2 is out

I mostly have stuck with stone soup and found it to be too similar on each playthrough (though very accessible) so I just quit rogue-likes. Ive tried spelunky hd, paranautical activity. I tend to like fast pace games like tribes, ns2, some racing games etc.

Been looking at rogue-ish games like ziggurat, immortal redneck, tower of guns, eldritch, sublevel 0. Are any of them good, am I missing something? Would love a fast paced game with some depth. I have not been paying attention of game news at all for years, so I am out of the loop and there are thousands of indie and major games Ive missed.

I still have to beat 1 and preferably this time without abusing explosive barrels.

Try IVAN if you want a roguelike
ivan.sourceforge.net
As for roguelites, I liked none of those save for Eldritch and Ive never played sublevel 0, but isnt that a descentlike?

The roguelite genre modifier has been applied to basically every genre, so it's kinda hard to know what to recommend. I shilled it the other day, but I'll say again: Gonner is pretty cool and specifically rewards fast play. Downwell is much the same, so you could check that out. There's NecroDancer, of course.

If you wanna stray out of roguelite and into procgen then Shadow Warrior 2 is a pretty fast-paced shooter (by modern standards) with procedurally generated environments.

I could go on basically forever so you'll need to give me some clue of whether I'm close to the mark.

necrodancer is good for fast paced

Aww shit son

Anyone play Voxel Turf? Is it the new Roblox?

What the fuck is Voxel Turf?
What's Roblox?

You people make me feel inadequate.

What is Google?

that sounds like engineering games

>Roblox
That shit is like the land of no copyright strikes.

>l*go

is IVAN hard to get into? also, is it funny?

Stuff you put on your nose to look at birds?

bump for Radiant Historia is good

IVAN is easy enough to get into (esp if you've played other true roguelikes).

But the name translates from Latin to "bloody path to death" which kinda accurately describes it.

It's fully beatable and it decently polished, but devs dropped development too early, I think. Some hints at more content that don't actually exist, and whatnot.

Oh cool, IVAN got quite a few updates (by the revival team, not the original devs) since last I checked years ago.

Deader than dead general.

Underfail

Failest Dungeon

LISA: The Failure

/indie/ can't be dead, its first VGL friendly is tomorrow and /agdg/ needs to lose.

Fine. Have a bump.

ITS /indie/ YEAR BABY WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Darkwood sequel when

Actually, what would you like to see in a Darkwood 2?

Same game and premise, more enemies, more weapons, set in a large city

>tries stone soup
>finds out its shit
>quits roguelikes
This is why the roguelike community needs to stop recommending dcss to beginners.

Hype

why do we even have "indiegame" booru

it's LITERALLY nothing but lisa
indiegame.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags= -lisa(series)

We got Darkest Dungeon too.

indiegame.booru.org/index.php?page=post&s=list&tags=Darkest_dungeon

But it's mostly just me that puts art on that website, and I mostly just put Lisa and Darkest Dungeon art on it. Maybe I should just have two separate boorus for each of those instead?

Would rather have an expansion first tbqh

lol i guess booru.org software is bugged
it shows nothing when you filter lisa out

i dont care either way, seemds doubly pointless if the only contributor is a fucking ks namefag

>set in a large city
Then it would be Dark... city

More like failrail

failtale?

Now we've reached ycs/badgame tier quality.

>ycs/badgame
What is that

SA's spinoff vidya shitposting board. Imagine /v/, but somehow even worse.

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

I'm sure I'll have a dozens of questions when I finally get into deep caverns.

RIP friend.
You were too cute.

Press F to pay respect. Press X to recover meat and hide from his body.

X

I'll forcefeed you your own feces.

>Ready to Mate
Necrozoophilia?

Its got some black humor

we might have to absorb Terraria

More like Dark Jungle

Don't speak like we're some kind of blob who needs to eat things to stay alive.

I uploaded an image of Buddy
Try "-lisa_(series)

But we are.

CONSUME

Veeky Forums here, fuck you

Consume everything.

Who is the best girl and why is it The Quartermaster?

I opened cells for rejects in institute of tchort and persuaded them to leave through vents. Am I supposed to open vents before talking with them? Because they are stuck in their cells.

>Am I supposed to open vents before talking with them? Because they are stuck in their cells.
They should head to the hidden vent leading to the West Wing. Webm related.

Damn, I should have opened it before talking to him.
Also I probably couldn't reach him in stealth way, I entered the area with bruteforce just to check it.

>Also I probably couldn't reach him in stealth way, I entered the area with bruteforce just to check it.
That's not necessary, the original point of the webm is to show that it's possible to release them without turning tchortists hostile. One of the coolest things you can pull off in the game if you ask me.

>One of the coolest things you can pull off in the game if you ask me.
It is and I wish there was more stuff like that. Emergent gameplay is always nice.

>Am I supposed to open vents before talking with them?
It doesn't have to be open when you send them, but you have to go through it once in order to send them, so.

I entered it from the west wing and even peaked through it.

Why of all the sprites would you get the one that is almost solid black

Here are a bunch of Sprinkler skins for all the tear effect items (other than brimstone) from rebirth.
I'm going to make them for all the items that give effects.

>/indie/ is still a walking corpse
Honestly makes me feel at home after never being here for fuck long. Nothing changed.

Hmm. Alright, I was wrong. You get the flag when you step into the utility side of the vent, which door is locked or open doesn't matter. So that means you have that flag, the rest should be smooth sailing if you have the persuasion.

What exactly went wrong?

I told you I didn't enter utility section, just checked vent from the other side some time before.
Now I'm on the way to deep cavern and decided to check utility section through direct assault.

Nah, I mean you don't have to go through it, you just have to be inside. Whether you exit to the utility section through the vent or turn back and enter from the other side doesn't matter, you just have to be in the vent with ladder.

If you persuaded them they should have left if you told them the way to escape (hole), or just mentioned the vent and told them to find their own way out.

Just started Oxenfree. What am I in for?

Some spooks, some laughs some serious mindfuck.

Okay, now they're moving. But I don't have tnt to distract the guards, is there other solution?

>I don't have tnt to distract the guards, is there other solution?
Killing them.

Pretty sure it's controlled zone and they all will be hostile outside.

Kill them? If you brute force'd your way there it shouldn't matter anymore.

Slaughter... Slaughter... Slaughter... He's Dead!
... I like that.

I reloaded and got into this sector from the west wing.

That's correct. KIlling them is still a solution.

I'm prety sure it's the intended solution, TNT shenanigans like this are not something an average player would think of.

The timing is too tricky to pull off with anything other than TNT, and even that is more likely to go wrong than to work.