Roster Reveal:
totalwar.com/blog/lizardmen-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/high-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/dark-elf-army-roster/
totalwar.com/blog/skaven-army-roster/

>FAQs and General Info
pastebin.com/gZ1T9VCN
twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?2191-Total-War-WARHAMMER-Modifications

Last thread: Screenshot sharing and campaign posting encouraged!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7ruu3rKtU
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJE7DqOLDRwZAemSVYKL0L5cDTZcN1loV
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

LOVE ETERNAL! Drenched in the blood of barbarians.

I'll stop for tonight.
I think I'll leave a string of buffer states (Hispania and rebels) on the north once I've cleaned the peninsula of WRE.
Then, focus on taking carthage.

We didn't even reach bumplimit

During my war I had neglected to re-name my provinces in honor of our queen. Now that the fighting is mostly over, I have done her the proper honor

I want to play as dark elves right FUCKING NOW

Is she hot at least?

Why isn't the aiming feature from Fall of the samruais in Attila ?
I would love to aim some cavalry...

Shit I forgot to do this for Burgunds in the Sun campaign, brb.

Same my friend. All the war slaves being sent to internment camp. Cannot wait to recreate the rise of Hitle-*ahem*, I mean Malkeith...

>Hot
I'll warn you only once to not use such crude terms to describe our beloved queen

Mods don't delete this, we had that backup thread last time and you didn't delete it which the became the main threa

Damn I want to look that young at 134

Manly, homely, and cross-eyed. You sure she's the queen and not some back ally slut?

If the men from wherever you are from look like her, that would explain why you are such a faggot

Done.

Id is now Sebdember, and the redurn of the true Beenix Ging is nye. All agross Nabbarof de leejunzs of the Wigs Ging beggon to their soberins summons.

Bregardless of where the first strige is made Balegith will gondrol the bordex and bregain his homeland. Dobination by a best elf soon! :DDD

I can't even open TWW anymore

I want TWW2

I want proper Best Elf poster not this weak shit.

Ah, you've already secured Mount Gun(da)bad. Now all you've gotz ta do is raise up dem night gitz an' they's squigs and smash the stunties proppa like! Wah!

I forgot to mention the Neanderthal nose.

"r-retake muh realms..."

Rock the... boat?

I'm really underwhelmed by the warp lightning cannon's projectile. It's supposed to be a spout of lightning (hence the name), not some gay glowy green laser.

>Turn 3 combined campaign
>Empire has been destroyed
>Turn 7
>High Elves have been destroyed
>Turn 13
>Bretonnia has been destroyed

>dwarfs win the everythingbowl

Well shit. Best elf poster btfo

Its a play on words with the name of Gundobadus, King of the Burgundians.

So when Tomb Kangz happen, they have to make Settra reject all vassalization right?

/twg/, I beseech you

Any tips on how to make the generic Lords/Heroes under your LL as interesting as possible? I wish they gave them more voiced lines and some personality packages that were randomly generated.

I want to care about my underlings. Makes my army stack feel more personal, ya know?

I knew that! History and toylove are not mutually exclusive, you know!

Starting to think the combined map is going to be an absolute shit show that is going to be even worse than Empire total war launch campaign

Different skill tree options based on personalty/starting traits perhaps.

They're making every effort to show as little of it as possible, so you're probably right.

why?

I want him to have the Norsca mechanic, where, if you kill him in battle, he appears as a skull half buried in the sand from then on and can't fight, and you can annex his state with impunity.

>the warhammer babby fails to realize nothing on his setting is original and Gundabad is actually a mountain on Tolkien`s Middle Earth

Detailed history and stats that can be accessed at any time, different titles based on stats (for example after 1000 orc kills he can have orc bane in his name).

No need to be some mean with him. I just wanted to have a fun name for a settlement.

Rework the Empire (for the super duper campaign) so that each confederated or controlled Empire domain gives your (or the dominant Empire AI) a small factionwide bonus appropriate to the domain controlled.

So like, if you gain control of Wissenland, something like all siege units gain +10% missile damage an accuracy, if you gain control of Middenheim, something like all infantry get +10% melee attack skill. The actual values and bonuses you'd have to tweak for balance of course but the idea is the Empire gets stronger the more unified it is, and once you've gained control of the entire "Empire" then you get a slew of small bonuses which together is quite beneficial towards making you a force to be reckoned with. As for how to determine what controlling a domain counts as, you could do the easy way and just say whoever controls the capital province for any domain. A creative way though might be that you have to win the elector count of each domain in some way, like a little mini-quest for each one. Nothing more than an objective or two, and maybe upon completion it makes them much more open to confederation to begin with, like researching the heraldry for Bretonnia.

I give units who act extraordinary in battle special names. In my current von Carstien campaign I renamed a unit of Grave guard to "The Emperor's Blades" as they got 200 kills fighting right beside the true and rightful Emperor Vlad. I imagine giving some Lords titles would be a way to have them stand out. Although generally my number of armies never exceeds my number of Legendary Lords, since I prefer building up my LL armies instead of recruiting many weak armies.

Yeah, yeah, I've read LOTR and the Silmarillion and obssessed over the maps, so I know where much of the Warhammer crap comes from (like the Dark and High Elves drawing on Numenoreans).

But Tolkien didn't leave any description nor pictures of Gundabad, and that's cause he was a shit draughtsman, whereas GW gave us deeply affecting masterpieces such as this one to associate with the name.

You mean like how they were making every effort not to show us High Elves because they were obviously incomplete and they knew nobody would like them?

I want unique ElectroCounts and Ulric units, but the Empire is definitely in need of a complete overhaul (ethereal) (grenade launchers).

Well it's a neat case where their unit roster is basically almost complete, but the faction itself is lacking worthwhile mechanics or a characteristic gimmick like some other factions (and all from the second game) have.

B-but muh Wolf Knights, muh Hurricanum. But most of all, muh Leitdorf, muh Valmir von Raukov! So much replayability could be added simply by according the Empire more start positions, a quest or two for each of those, and the slightest bit of local flavour. Please, CA, I want to be milked for cash harder!

>So much replayability could be added simply by according the Empire more start positions

Of course but this is nothing new, people have been saying this since alternate starts became a thing.

What do you guys think is more annying - Indypride's voice or that dudebro-tier sounding "uhuuuh" that ItalianSparticus does every couple of minutes?

IndyPrides voice isnt that annoying. Listen to the Inept General if you want annoying

Best vidya youtubers are AoE2 ones to be desu

morons like you who care about e-celeb shit are the most annoying

off yourself

but I don't, in fact I only recently started watching streams for games I like because I never understood the point before.

I'm just noticing idiosyncrasies of the two. Also, obligatory you're a faggot.

Idk, but Indy 'Mandark' Pride seems to enjoy some favor with CA and gets the latest info fresh off the presses, while IS appears to be late to the youtuber party.

By Sigmar, no! Page 9 does not have my consent!

Im amazed but DeI is actually a great mod.
The jump from Rome 2 to DeI is about as big from Rome 2 to Attila.

So which comes first? KANGZ or the combined map?

Combined map. Touting that as a key feature since the very beginning then delaying it for more DLC would be a bad move

Likely the combined map as the first mayor patch of the game then tomb kings as the first DLC

CA said the combined map would come out """"""""weeks""""""" after the game

>I wonder how many weeks it will take

How do I get a DE gf?

what did they mean by this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Jb7ruu3rKtU

post albums you listen to while going through your bloody campaigns of war, /twg/

here's my all-time favorite

Keep going I can't stand the other faggot.

Those are the ship models that your lord randomly transforms into when crossing water tiles.

nah elves and beastmemes don't have them

>legendary lord landed
>19/20 airforce
I love when a campaign reaches this point. Had a little too much fun routing four armies with just Leon and the terrorbird stack.

because they left them out of the game. There is preliminary code for marine units in the game, just like there is preliminary code for manpower ALA empire Total war in the game

>/u/sobrique asked; Any chance we'll ever see naval combat?

>Answer: The thing really is we have finite resources. In the case of the ships I’ve seen comments that its due to Man o’ war. The main focus is land battles, and the man hours it takes to create this game, naval battles are just a thing that we can’t do, because if we did we couldn’t do it justice enough. So we’ll focus our resources.. For now! There are some ideas being floated around but that’s stuff that I definitely can’t talk about.

How can CA bring about "naval combat" in a way that's both feasible and does not require any licensing loopholes? What if naval combat was purely done on the grand campaign map?

autoresolve probably.

Considering how the navy works in the Warhammer world if they wanted to do it justice they would have to treat each faction's navy as being totally unique. Each ship handles uniquely, looks unique, has different stats, etc.

>Wipe out Dwarves but leave the rest of the badlands bowl to go smash Clan Angrund
>Chaos happens
>Bjornlings are at war with Greenskins and only Greenskins
>Not Border Princes, Teef Snatchaz, Bloody Handz, or Top Knotz
what the zog

Look guys I found Albion

fucking finally

im glad they added it to BF1

I like how of all the factions the easiest one to get that achievement with is goddamn Chaos.

I just did it with Empire, end times made everybody wanna buddy up.

What do you have to do to get that? Too lazy to check.

10 military alliances at once

>tfw both War of Beard sides are shit in TW WH

Just make it two giant ships roped together for a large land-style battle map, duh. Everyone's happy then, even the Chinese, who fear boats.

What will the next big historical TW game be? Any strong rumours?

30 Years' War

Indy gets the fresh shit from CA like said, and will do more unique things than IS can/will. His voice, while grating, can be tolerated for those reasons, but he can be biased and has a tendency to be judgmental.

IS has some faults (like a flash temper and stilting speech pattern at times), but he's a community man at heart and does good livecasts. I've participated in a few myself, even submitted a replay for a community cast. He seems open and friendly so long as you don't hit one of his berserk buttons.

Both have good points and bad, and have their uses, but if I had to choose one as more annoying I'd go with Indypride besides he's a slaanesh worshiping cockgobbler

>pike and shot

Been listening to Therion again lately
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJE7DqOLDRwZAemSVYKL0L5cDTZcN1loV

Where the HELL is the new Republic of Play video? Don't tell me Darren's already starting to fall out of schedule!

Comfy

Shit-tier multiplayer ranking bros 4 evar Dorfbuddy

Darren's running a little late after he got held up at the unemployement office. Apparently the government is less keen on supporting you if you threw gainful employment away for spite.

Why the FUCK haven't I named my Dwarf Lord Gimli?

I'm really enjoying Fall of the Samurai, but I hate the fucking building icon art style. The nice simple stylized art of the base game was good because you could easily see what you've built in a settlement at a glance. Now it's all just sepia brown blurry pictures. Naval bombardments are cool as hell though.

I hope they do a Middle Earth: Total War next

I really hate taking a spot in Attila, converting it, and suddenly it looks like my land, so unless it's in a territory where that would make sense, I'm going to play with a new house rule where I won't convert cities.

Honestly with the financial success of Warhammer and ensuing demand for more fantasy games, it's not impossible we'll see it.

I wouldn't mind if they formed two teams, one doing historical, one doing fantasy, concurrently, but I wouldn't want another fantasy title to be made at the cost of another history title.

Warhammer is literally a better version of Tolkiens ideas

Why people fawn over it I have no idea

>Last of all the eastern force to stand firm were the Dwarves of Belegost, and thus they won renown. For the Naugrim withstood fire more hardily than either Elves or Men, and it was their custom moreover to wear great masks in battle hideous to look upon; and those stood them in good stead against the dragons.

It's kind of accurate though, Saxons in England repaired Roman villas with thatch and tore down stone structure to replace with wattle and daub structures so they could use the stone for fortifications. They didn't have the knowledge base to maintain the Roman structures as they were intended and they knew it, better to live in a well maintained longhouse than a crumbling villa.

Likewise, I doubt a bunch of Roman colonists would want to live in some barbar hovel made of woven sticks and cow dung.

I've been having some trouble in campaign. What is the best viable use for Amber Wizards in campaign and MP? The manticore summon spell has an awful kill/winds-of-magic ratio by the time it degrades to death. Even on a griffin mount, he can't last long in a protracted fight unless I stack debuff artifacts on him. And Norsca seems to love bee lining their skinwolves after him. What army roster and General synergizes best with this mage?

He's what I got as a reward for the Bloodpines quest battle.

Who wins, High Elves of WHF or High Elves (in their prime) of LOTR?