Etrian Odyssey General

EOV DEMO IS OUT

>Everything EO (References, Music, Art Books, etc.)
pastebin.com/cdfQmt11

>EOV
atlus.com/etrian5/
sq-atlus.jp/sq5/

>EMD2
sq-atlus.jp/sfd2/

EOV releases October 17th for NA, November 3rd for EU.
EMD2 releases in Japan August 31

Previous Thread:

UNLEASH THE BEAST

Is Necromancer Himukai's magnum opus?

That's Nene.

Play men.

>t-the general will remain dead as always even with eo5, just like with both untolds guys!

Masurao/Pugilist
Necro/Warlock/Necro

How fucked am I?

The only men on my team are twinks and grandpas

I only played the demo, but without a Dragoon to hide behind Masuraos die to a strong breeze.

yes

I'm going to fuck this corpse.

No doubt.

Generally, I have parties of 3 guys and 2 girls or the other way around. For some reason in this game I realized that, after recruiting 8 party members, I only had one guy (old Dragoon). I really like most girls this time around. Except for Mascot Fencer, that is.

happy family

But I hear Necros want the three extra party slots for them and the Dragoon's bunker conflicts with that. I was thinking the necro skill Fierce Shield would be enough to protect the party.

Damn it, I can't wait any longer. Are there any menu translation patches for EO5? Alternately, how long is the demo?

Is there any point in using Front Guard w/only 2 people in the front line?

what is the activation rate of auto-miasma as you level it up? is harbinger just useless?

Demo goes up to 3F.

It's 100% at max according to the skill sim, at lv 1 it's only at 30%, 60% at lv 5

Why would you go through the trouble of designing a nice beautiful forest if you were also going to allow such obvious pop-up?

I've been asking myself the same thing.

Is EOU2 Scylla the hardest not Superboss? It just seems like there's so much that can go wrong and it's really difficult to recover from a random death due to tentacle auto attacks.

Dragoon can run without bunker and Necros can function with only 2 slots. Bunker is a hell of a lot better than Fierce Shield. Bunker takes a fraction of damage of regular attacks while ghosts actually take *more* damage from regular attacks, anything other than the FOE ghost will get chewed up instantly.

It activates multiple times against multi-hit skills so it's useful then.

I've been playing without automap and have literally had 0 issue with the pop-up. Maybe because it was much worse in MH Stories. But the real answer to that question is it cuts down the file size.

>the general's alive again

>downloaded demo yesterday
>no desire to play
I hate work, this is the only time were I see the 30 uses of the demo as something negative

Where's the best spot to farm that formation of three ropers that merge into one?

since links run off of str, would i be better reclassing a therian into a fencer? it looks like the bunnies are faster too, i just dont want to run a dodge fencer

>30 uses of the demo
Is this actually a problem for people? I don't expect to close the demo and play any other 3DS games for a few weeks at least.

For just a moment with Metroid coming out tomorrow I panicked about the amount of uses then released I wouldn't be stopping to play Metroid to play the demo 30 times

room with 7 doors on 3f

Do Potatoes make good Hounds? I just like the idea thematically, and want to know how viable it really is.

Why don't we have half breed race option?

Hows pic related for party comp with a Shaman instead of a herbalist?

Is there any information on how the stat boosts from racial skills work? Are they retroactive or applied at the time of purchase?

For example, the skill data for the Therian skill "Hunting" says "increases the user's STR by 3 from levels 1 to 10" - is this applied retroactively at the time of purchase (ex. buying it at level 10 would give an immediate boost of 30 pts to STR), or should this be taken earlier?

Hardest no most annoying yes, all the difficulty comes from the tentacle rape so if you can contain it she cannot do crap to your party

>*clang clang* "Yes, a job well done!"

Are there non-numeric changes in expert in eo2u, like whole new monster skills they only use there? Else what is the purpose of blue gels which are basically helpless pinatas and probably the only red aura foe you can murder with noncheese party?

Is Nene the first class thats the worst of the game she is the face of?

Better than

>やった!うまくいったよ!

There need to be more lewds of her.

Can you alter classes often? (ie: whenever I hit level 10 in the demo)

Is it ok to alter at this early level?

Can you alter back to your original class?

Post your face when you lived to see EOV in english

No because she's good if you know to use her.

I could still die in the next month and not see it.

>tfw I found out bobcut Reaper is a guy

Its not a matter if shes good, all classes can be made good.

Its that shes the worst of all the classes.

It has become apparent to me that I have no elemental damage on this team. What changes would you guys suggest?

What is reaper

Have you taken Toxipede and Owl Beast out yet, user?

A class that works really well with Cestus and is the best at what it sets out to do.

Fencer does too?

switch masurao/harbinger with link fencer, maybe?
or just swap botanist with warlock

Is upgrading even worth it with how replaceable gear is? Any way to cheese a crapton of those copper chunks?

Not as well as Harbringer, and therein lies the matter.

>he's so mad about Nene being the covergirl that he starts making shit up

Does it hurt Dragoons by being the front row? The party I was thinking about running has four contestants for back row if they only perform well in the back.

>masurao/harbinger
Read this as "masturbater" for an instant.
I've been here too long, dammit.

What do Salol and Lily even do? Do they betray you?

Arent they supposed to be in the front row?
They can equip shields and armour.

dragoon is meant for front row, dont fall for the translation meme. idk why they pushed for it to be back row

I guess I should say my planned party is

Dragoon - Harbinger
Warlock - Botanist - Necromancer

But if Dragoon hurts being in the front I'll have to change out Necromancer or Warlock.

Arent they an expy for pic related? If they are, you know what to expect.

>meme
try "error"

Solo and Lily are therr to be cute and give you quests.

Princess is basically useless after you unlock subclassing so there's that.

Is it necessary to have them on your team, even as guest members?

who makes the error of putting a tank in the back row?

Yes.

How good is Cestus as a pure damage class compared to the others?
I know necro has the Zombie Power 9999x3 cheese and I read somewhere that Canon Dragoon can get absurd and LMAO4KAT is a glass cannon, but where does Cestus fall into? Do they chunk FOEs as well as the other classes?

I don't want these lesbians in my team.

My understanding is that Fencers can only chase with elements if someone else uses an elemental attack? Wouldn't I need a warlock anyway?

BIND AND COMBO

tank go in the middle of the front row or on one of the sides?

I know about the bind part but whats this about combo?

New Challenger 5 on 1F to get lots of roper vines, upgrades the short bow and recycle it

If the enemy is fully bound and has an ailment, you get like five guaranteed hits or something.

Middle for rp purposes.
Left cause I always put Protector/fortress/hoplite/etc on the left.
Right is for plebs.

you dont need a warlock for that, just the skills

Childhood is when you look forward to EOV.
Adulthood is when you pray for EMD2.

Oh man that sounds pretty neat though I dunno how good that would be against bosses and FOEs as I imagine it would take several turns to setup and I imagine they are pretty resistant to those.
And Im not sure how good that would be for killing random encounters. I got pretty used to ending fights in one turn in EO1 even on 6th Stratum so I dunno.

I just want to finally express how glad I am that someone made this.

There's multiple bind and aiment classes in the game so you just have to build a party around it and you're unstoppable against any boss seeing how much luck earthlains have you should get binds pretty easily.

What if you've already played both?

Childhood is when you pray for EMD2.
Adulthood is when you play EOV.

Gatling gun punching a boss to death sounds pretty neato and I like the Cestus design. Ill look into what kind of party I can setup with that, just hoping I can incorporate Necro and Dragoon into it somehow.

EMD2 is for true fans.

Someone in the last thread said necro hogs all the extra slots. Does that mean that I shouldn't use a dragoon with one? Are parties with necros supposed to go tankless?

I'm thankful the demo made it clear that Rover as a healer is just a gimmick. That would have been a real struggle to make it to subclassing. I don't know whether to cave and just make a botanist or if one of the other meme healers is worth using

>there's no voices

rover works fine for me