/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #566

''Chloe Cop'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/188069587/#188091045
youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Steph is my super hero, which one is yours?

>didnt hit image limit first
Amazing.

Did you draw the pic yourself OP?

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

Chloe is #1

>I'll protect you from the hooded claw
>Keep the vampires from your door
>When the chips are down
>I'll be around
>With my undying, death defying
>Love for you
>Envy will hurt itself
>Let yourself be beautiful
>Sparkling love, flowers
>And pearls and pretty girls

EPISODE 2 WHEN

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

No but it was one of our old regulars who did it.

Not just about LGBT issues but it's famous that it's about LGBT women specifically. That was a huge talking/selling point and that's what earned it a lot of praise in the press/media since it's very rare to have games that focus on women, especially teenage girls.

SO WHAT DO YOU GUYS HOPE FOR IN SEASON 2?
>WHAT LOCATION/STATE?
>WHAT POWERS?
>WHAT CHARACTERS?
>WHAT MUSIC?

Hello Chloe

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Arcadia Bay
Time travel
Max and Chloe
Syd Matters

Don't post this pasta if you don't have a proper Michel picture.

75% of the game's fan base is under 18.

Did I mention LGBT issues?
And no, it's not LGBT, it's just lesbian.

Why not?

>WHAT LOCATION/STATE?
Los Angeles, California
>WHAT POWERS?
Snark and Charm
>WHAT CHARACTERS?
Rachel and Chloe
>WHAT MUSIC?
Punk rock and indie

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

>I hope the Bandai Namco Twin Peaks game has a female Agent Cooper at least

the person in the black jacket might be the mc and he doesn't look like a girl to me

anons, its time to let go

That's not how things work.

I need to take that picture into Gimp sometime and edit it to look like Chloe and her truck and an Arcadia Bay police car.

I got the vibe that the game treated LGBT stuff as normal and not noteworthy. I don't think it really had attention brought to it which was good imo

Or he might just as well be a random dude. Don't think we should make predictions over a single piece of concept art.

But why?

I agree. If I treat something as equal then that means I don't give special attention to it, especially with something as genuine as their relationship. To emphasize "OMG hot lesbians!" would have been cheapening and insulting.
I didn't like Max and Chloe because they were girls, I liked them because they were interesting characters and they belonged together. It would have still be true if one or both were a guy(s)

>Life is Strang

Drawfag here, first post with 7

The entire purpose of that post is to demonstrate promises/potential gives before the finale. That's the fault of the devs and writers, not the characters.
Michel is the face of the LiS-team and so he was used represent the development aspect of the game and the failures it had at the end.
Posting some random image with it misses the entire point.

LIFE IS BEE 2

>has gay characters
>hurr durr lgbt
Not at all.
Stop conflating the two.

kate and warren on a date

Are people genuinely excited for this? LiS is not LiS without Max and Chloe. Season 2 is going to be a disaster with a new cast.

I don't the noteworthy part was necessarily the lesbians but just that it was a game about teenage girls and those are ridiculously rare,

You monster

>S2 doesn't follow Max and Chloe

>has gay characters
>not lgbt
>lgbt - lesbian gay bi trans

???

Just played the first 20 minutes of Before the Storm. Is Chloe supposed to be this hilariously insufferable? Like this game has to be deliberately designed to maximize the players hatred for Chloe right? Was she this horrible in the first game?

why post this

...what? Gay characters are LGBT, though?

That's fair enough, it's just ridiculous to me that people are trying to make the game a big lgbt thing.

I'm the person he replied to, so I don't know why you're talking about whether you mentioned LGBT issues

your tears are delicious
All will soon follow the ultimate ship

I think he's saying that having gay characters doesn't mean its pushing LGBT stuff or that its a focal point of the game just because LGBT is in it

That's true but I think just showing that as normal is better than acting like it's some spectacle. I'm a guy and I still found some stuff to relate to Max with or that I recognized from my own childhood. I think focusing only on one aspect would make the game a lot more of a niche. Whereas now the only real separations are if someone is deterred from playing by hearing stuff like "It's Tumblr/SJW game" or if they can't handle the dialogue.

>if it contains x it must by associated with group x
So all game with white people are white supremacist games are they?
All black characters should be associated with black lives matter?
All female characters are feminists?
All arabs are slave traders?
Yeah, I think you get the idea.

Probably this unfortunately. But it will sell simply because a lot of casuals are going to think it's a sequel.

Just to clarify: I think LiS isn't necessarily a game for or about girls. It's about teens, growing up, seeing real issues in a game, and how past tragedies/mistakes have far reaching consequences.

>Dementiaz

wtf i thought you were dead motherfucker

>if it contains x it must by associated with group x
Yes. Things are associated with what is in them.
Do you think 'associated with white people' = 'white supremacist'?

You're grouping together people who don't want to be grouped together and shouldn't be, it's bullshit.
A basic "us against them" mentality, in this case you're grouping together unrelated people (LGBT) which seems to be pretty popular these days.

lgbt is not an organization though, its just literally a term for people who arent straight. So saying "LIfe Is Strange contains representation of LGBT people" is corrent even if it doesnt tackle LGBT issues.

>youtube keeps recommending me E;R's video

You did the same thing like 15 threads ago and never delivered.

LOTS of love for Chloe

Proof?

See the post above yours, it's just a /pol/ack claiming lgbt is a collectivist conspiracy

>conspiracy
Wtf are you talking about.

Life Is BEE 2 won back then :^(

boards.fireden.net/vg/thread/188069587/#188091045
Fifteen seconds in the archive. In fact you can be seen doing it multiple times

Like I said, it's "us against them".
You're doing more to separate society than any bigots out there.

lgbt isn't the cool sjw thing anymore, now it's being mad about statues and not letting muslim terrori... I mean refugees into the west. Gay people are so 2005.

Heyy! :3

>us against them
But this is unironically right. Straightness needs to die

>straightness needs to die
Well I guess you don't enjoy civilisation then?

Putting a topless photo of your lover on the wall.
Classy. That home looks cozy. Good for them.

Emergency room?

Does that mean kate and warren will never date? :(

never
not even in fanfiction

I legitimately can't stand activist groups that cover multiple groups.

but she sad she was cute...
thats enough to go on right? right?

are you new here?
youtube.com/watch?v=LFlMoAasW4A

Floofy Alice!

Why bun buns like carrots so much?

She just wanted her friend to be happy with him

i still ship them!
If people can ship Max and nathan, i can ship kate and warren

Was going through some sites earlier and getting more pics. This one's awesome and has a slightly different version I'll post after.

>if people can ship Max and nathan

i wouldn't even call them ''people''

Best pairing coming through.

It would be perfect with the fireflies.

>tfw we never got to go on the tea date

Can't decide which I like more.
The first one has more defined colors, but the light of the second one really makes it feel darker and like they would only really have this little lamp and the moonlight. Better for seeing the stars and waves.

I always felt Chasefield > Marshfield but Max/Kate is close second

me on the left

The lighting is odd in this one. The blue tint is covering everything, including the lamp's light.

did somebody say caulscott?

Just a reminder that Chloe smells bad and doesn't shower and smokes and is generally disgusting and unhygenic

Not showing for one day doesn't make you unhygienic.

No, she is clean and showers daily.