/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to the Sonic The Hedgehog General. Here we talk all about everything Sonic! Share art and music, discuss new developments, ROM hacks, speedrunning, comics, and more!

/sthg/ #935 - Slow Rat's Parents Edition
>Sonic News

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2pBoFCV1v9E
youtube.com/watch?v=A9wh0tqnpzU
youtube.com/watch?v=ccSq1rxVDVk&t=0s&spfreload=10
timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nope. I refuse to believe those two are Silver's parents.

>Sonic Adventure 2: Battle spawned the autism spectrum in gaming

I was at a con a few weeks ago, and, I got a copy of Sonic 06 for literally a dollar. I'm playing it, I've heard how bad this game was, but I didn't believe it was THIS bad. Holy fuck, I can't even beat the super fast section of Wave Ocean.

first for sonic forces mobile crapp is actually kind of fun

First for Silver a cute!
A cute!!

Iizuka already said that slow rat isn't related to any of the current cast.

List songs where, at some point, the main phrase steps back and the accompaniment gets the lead, (usually, the middle)
like Green Groove 2
youtube.com/watch?v=2pBoFCV1v9E
or Sea Gate
youtube.com/watch?v=A9wh0tqnpzU

Good.

This game definitely falls short in some ways compared to S3&K, but dammit it's fun and the 60FPS and widescreen have absolutely fucking spoiled me, it's so hard to go back to playing Sonic 3 Complete on Kega Fusion now.

This is why Taxman and crew need to remake Sonic 3 already.

Iizuka is a geriatric cokehead who constantly contradicts himself

Cute

Ok I don't buy they're his parents either but
>listening to iizuka

Iizuka hasn't done or said a thing that's contradicted it yet. Just saying that for now, it's not the case.

they literally can't be silver's parents because the future time period he's from is too far from the current day, so it doesn't fucking matter what iizuka says in this case

Is this robot cool?

Rumour is they've already done it, but Sega can't release it because of the supposed music issue.

Iizuka is not Silver or Shadow's creator
At the very least SHADOW is his father cause Dragon Ball parallels and some of the powers Silver has

None of the current cast can be Silver's parents, he's from two hundred fucking years in the future.

Age doesn't matter in this series. according to shippers.

Why does that matter? Bringing up iizuka is a stupid point regardless, nothing he said can be trusted.

This, or have some people forgotten that.

At best one of the cast can be a distant ancestor.

There's a difference between someone living 100+ years and someone acting more mature then their given age.

hammer joes are not cool

But which world is that

What is supposed to be a "hard" Sonic boss from the Genesis era? It seems people love to talk about how easy the bosses in Sonic 3 and Mania are, but personally I don't think a boss is "easy" unless you can comfortably fight it your first few times through without ever getting hit. The Studiopolis boss? Easy. Mania's Metal Sonic fight? A little tougher. The very nature of Sonic means it's kind of hard to actually straight up die like you might in a Mario or Mega Man boss unless a fight is severely punishing your failure (like the pits in the original Chemical Plant boss, or the instant death laser in the original Stardust Speedway race) so I can't ever say many of the bosses are "easy" with that in mind because many of their patterns are likely to trip you up.

I don't care for Iizuka either, but it contradicts nothing, so there's not much going against that statement.

His World

Do Sonic characters have mental disorders or are they just representative of mental disorders?

People really blew that Ian Flynn quote out of proportion, didn't they?

Yeah, but, considering Shadow's origins, who says he won't live far enough along into the future to father Silver?

There is, Taxman released a video showing, mostly, Angel Island Zone
For mobile of course

is this real?

>What is supposed to be a "hard" Sonic boss from the Genesis era?
Final boss of Sonic 2, especially as Knuckles, though the difficulty is ramped up with the lack of rings.

Post Sonic wallpapers

That's fine for Shadow but that completely rules out Amy.

Why would the coolest character father the worst character? Was the mother like, fucking braindead?

I can't wait until storytime user comes back to fuck up this thread.

Even though I don't believe it, this is also a fair point.
Not to mention time travel is now a big thing in this series it seems. Nothing is stopping him from seeding his wild oats after a quick visit to the future.

True. But that begs the question of who would be the mother

This only further supports the idea that Amy is the mother.

Maybe she goes back to Little Planet and fucks up the time posts to get stuck in the future.

I should probably clarify, I think it's dumb too.
But all things considered, an ass-pull like that could potentially happen.

Halloween silver is so good!

See what you've done OP?

Sonic has ADHD
Tails has autism
Knuckles has a short temper
Amy is obsessive compulsive

Buddy is a good friend.

The following characters could all conceivably survive for 200 years:
- Shadow (artificial immortal lifeform)
- Tails (kitsune)
- Sonic (outruns death)
- Blaze (cats have nine lives)
- Big (too dumb to die)

So I have a question. If the events of '06 were...erased, does that still mean Shadow is in a pod in the future after the military deemed him too powerful? Like, did it just erase the events that Sonic and co. did during '06 or did it like...did it erase everything?

I just confused myself. Sorry.

I agree on Shadow's end. It just doesn't make sense on Amy's end.

y tho

Sonic games aren't hard; this is something I feel rather poor in the franchise, envying more challenging works like Mario or Megaman ... I came to learn to live with this fact
8-bits, on the other hand, these one are real deal

-holy shit i named mario and megaman just like lmao (i wrote this only reading the first words of your post)

I don't understand why people think Amy, who is mortal, is going to give birth to a character who's from 200 years in the future. And don't give me that crap about her getting stuck in the future either.

The ending of 06 wiped out the existence of Solaris, therefore it wiped out everything related to Solaris. Elise's dad didn't die researching the god, their festival is entirely cultural instead of religious, the Flames of Disaster never happen, and Shadow is never blamed for it which it what caused him to get hunted down and locked away.

Everything that happened in 06 never happened. Sonic just went to whatever the city it was for a day out.

Only female hedgehog. Autism.

youtube.com/watch?v=ccSq1rxVDVk&t=0s&spfreload=10

There are only 54 days until Sonic Forces is out. Yes that's right, there are just fifty four (54) days until Sonic Forces is released in the US.

timeanddate.com/countdown/launch?iso=20171107T00&p0=179&msg=sonic forces&ud=2&font=hand

Shipper logic, don't question it.

I don't get Amy either.
If I had to pick anyone it'd make the most sense that it's Rouge, right? I could see how Silver could look like a mix of Shadow and Rouge I guess.

Because she's the only known female hedgehog and Silver shows no signs of being a hybrid. Saying Rouge is even more autistic but since half of sthg are Sonamyfags I'm not surprised

Yeah but Rouge would be dead too.

+2 weeks for PC because "Optimization"

Why can't they just
Remake the music
or something
geez come on

Sonic has ADHD
Tails had self-esteem issues/aspergers
Amy has obsessive compulsive disorder
Knuckles has downs
Shadow has ptsd
Silver is gay
Blaze has aspergers
Big is retarded

Maybe she developed her magic powers and used it to keep her alive. Her magical abilities mixed with Shadow is also what gave Silver ESP

Why did you quote my post when I never once suggested Rouge or say anything about Sonamy? Hell, what does Sonamy have to do with this?

Why does Sonic 2006 Sonic look so weird?

>(outruns death)

I wonder what kind of drunk Sonic would be.

Well Silver is white and Rouge is too

But it's more likely Silver really is related to neither because he doesn't look like a hedgehog he looks more like weed

Tails doesn't have autism; otherwise he'd just be sitting around and being mopey. He gets shit done.

If anything, we need to figure out what the hell eggy's up with. He even thinks that he himself is crazy.

Check all the posts next time dumbass

I'm not saying Rouge makes sense, but visually I could at least see it? I literally don't get Amy at all.

Silver is the child of Shadow and Yugioh

I actually like his design best.

Silvers's white because he's supposed to be the opposite of Shadow in personality and in looks.
How do you people not get this

>but visually I could at least see it?

Explain. Other than "hurr he's white"

Long "hair" to look more mature and flat chest instead fat rat

yugioh is a card game though

Hey autists

How about this:

Silver is...wait for it...the decendant of two OTHER hedgehogs that have nothing to do with Shadow, Amy, or anyone?

Holy shit! Plot twist!

How about Silver is the child of 2 random hedgehogs, gets ESP randomly like how Sonic got his speed randomly, and let's leave it at that instead of forcing in autistic ship logic.

>he's supposed to be the opposite of Shadow in personality and in looks.
So a shit character?

To make him look darker, mature, and realistic. Sonic 06 would have brought about a new direction for Sonic. Then 06 bombed, and they made Unleashed Sonic.

This.

I mean Silver could be just a descendant of one of the current hedgehogs instead of straight up being their child.
Just like Blaze is the descendant of Big

No. A naive, hotheaded youth who doesn't think things through before acting, constantly second guesses himself and wears his heart on his sleeve.

Silver's real name is Nicky. He's the child of Brenda and Paulie, and has a younger sister named Anita. Growing up he heard stories about the legend of the mythical hero Sonic the Hedgehog.

Silver didn't randomly get ESP. It was stated that everyone in their time had it.

Well yeah. That's about as close as you'll get with the current cast of characters /if you had to pick one/. That's what I'm trying to say.
Amy is literally 0%.

There are no other hedgehogs, it took until fucking Forces to see some.

Sonic gets his speed from Manic

Sonic didn't get his speed randomly he got it running on Dr. Kintobor's machcine.

But there aren't any other hedgehogs it has to be a pair we know exists because God forbid we use any logic or sense here

>green groove 2
The pain..

There are hedgehogs. They're just off screen, just like the billions of other humans in Sonic's World.

You wanna provide a source for that?

Silver is a descendant of the pokemon Shaymin and an actual hedgehog

This. It's already been said that he's related to nobody. There's no point in trying to force some dumb shipping shit in with this.

Silver is a descendant of a hedge and a hog

Because Sonic parallels DBZ in a lot of ways but people want to play dummy here since they're triggered at a ship. I get it
It has nothing to do with shipping autism just PARALLELS. Even Ian Flynn did it get over yourselves.

She's a female hedgehog and it works. Tell me why is it 0% likely.

Exactly.