/domg/ Dominions General

Centipedes Edition

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.
The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.
It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.
Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/qaccWnMt

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Multiplayer guide
web.archive.org/web/20150430021604/http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/core-mp-concepts-that-i-wish-somebody-had-told-me-about/

>Play by email guide
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pretender designer
bsielski.github.io/pretenders/

>Debug Mod
For testing battle formations and spells
dropbox.com/s/eo3qbjlixfghvs4/Debug.zip?dl=0
forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=36453

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Sy, Maerlande, or Nuclearmonkee
>Jump into MP feet first; ask for pretender advice in the thread

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

>Dominions 5

illwinter.com/dom5/

Previous Pantokrator

First for cutting it close

Does summod Lemuria still needs its pretender awake and with death to do anything or are there other methods now?

routing is fucking stupid sometimes

Yay for the now reasonably-priced Zhayedan!

If that hadn't routed, or if his caelian had routed, I'd own that province.

Last two bastards on the field.

How about bringing the throne reqs to a humane level so we can finish the game faster and move on to Dom5

Would you rather have it so killing half of 400 men and their commander results in them still charging towards their death?

Should of sent your assassins to the folks above you instead of me. But yeah I got really lucky there, if he didn't route that area would be yours for sure.

A reminder. Ulm if you stale this upcoming turn with no explanation. I'll be subbing you or setting you AI whatever the players vote for.

It does not.

Holy fuck.

As part of the prot mods in Dom 5 crossbows aren't AP anymore, because they aren't magical. They have increased damage to compensate.

Fireball or Falling Fires?

Finally they can be a sensible sacred to purchase.

Falling fires.

Fire style: Fireball

Depends on your precision and the amount of the enemy

Ah good, T'ien Ch'i did not die in the hurricane. A good development to be sure.

How do you cope with the wait for Dominions 5

I literally don't know what to do, all I want is Dominions 5

How do they get to higher levels of death, then?

I just keep allowing myself to forget, thus when it actually does get released I get pleasantly surprised.

Playing Dominions 4.

>playing obsolete games

>Bro why play the xbox 1 bro
>Bro the xbox 2 will come out a year from now bro
>Bro you fucking retarded bro
>Lol bro it doesnt matter that you already own it Bro

Finally

Also Vanheim, where is that doomstack you threatened to kill me with. Because as of yet not a single attack has been launched on me

Vanheim is fucking done for dude. They're dead.

I know, but I was expecting one or two sneak attacks from him judging by what he was talking about in the last thread. But I got not a single one

>Send in a highly experienced army to take out a throne full of spring hawks
>They fucking murder all of my men
I can't even play thrones anymore, it just hurts looking at all of my men dying just so I can send another group to watch them die as well.

how do we fix therados

Dominions 5 already does

delete them

You just need 20 good Shock-resistant thugs and you can do it

Don't you wish you could sometimes have eyes of god up, just to look at the charts.

would you pay 600 gold for a merc?

I'm coming

You said that last thread

Gnimoc m'i

Do not disrespect me

That's what your mom said.

>S4 gives boars +3 MR
>8 MR boars
THE DREAM IS ALIVE
If this stacks with Antimagic it might still be good

>S4 gives boars +3 MR
>7 MR boars
THE DREAM IS ALIVE

(I thought boars had 6 MR not 5 RIP)

You're in the club when this guy runs over your gf

what do

>Marignon gets +2 to fire and +2 to astral
Is 2017 the year of Marignon?

Get run over as well sine we are in the same square.

Kind user please tell me about the jew buffs

They are not sacred

>magic weapons basically for free

With eyes that big no wonder they go blind.

Too bad their sacred knights are shit

seriously though
how do we FIX
therodos

There is nothing wrong with Therodos

By buffing Hinnom

Woah, my mod is the OP image. Neat. Have this WIP stealth warrior.

You know all things considered at least I am not the first one out

thats factually untrue

??

He probably broke siege so that his life would end more quickly.

That's what Christian Bale said in Equilibrium too.

Fire magic is shit
SHIIIT

Fire magic BURNS.

I hate you but not really, Atlantis. I will crush both your Awake/formerly Dormant Idol of Beasts and your armies if I have to. Are there ways to keep or make one's Pretender healthy and strong? I hate afflictions. Especially when only so many (not that many) nations bothered with researching medicine. It's ridiculous how much they don't care about their health but go yapping about "the only thing left is to attain". Morons and imbeciles, the lots of them.

Blood Feast, Gift of Health

Another reason why people love earth snakes so much

Wait doesn't Uruk have SACRED gigantic chariots in Dom5?

The Chalice works too (assuming a living pretender)

These are the only things I know to help deal with afflictions, I would put the Amulet on your pretender. It can be a real godsend if you plan to use it alot.

Man-eater really should get more love since it can just blood feast itself back to health.

so my thoughts on therodos: they need to start with more cap income
and they need decent cheaper commanders to use all those 2 gem items

also remove the causing unrest from these smiths thats annoying

>have unrest adding and removing commanders
>baawww remove unrest adding from smiths

Man eater is one of my favourite awakes, along with 3 horn boar and devourer of souls.

Best pretender coming through

Best all around mage coming through

>2 high-end Magic Research goals that assume that I took Regeneration bless
>1 relatively simple degenerate Blood Magic ritual that causes unrest and dead bodies
>all just to fix a dragon's broken limb
That's retarded. I have no idea how many months it takes to heal a non-permanent afflicition (a lot and the favor of the Random Number God, I assume, since one my SP Oni Pretender just wouldn't heal some minor wound for several months at least).
Maybe beta testers for Dominions 5 should ask Illwinter for a low/middle-tier Nature Magic Ritual spell that heals minor afflictions?

>not sacred

Best non-sacred non-summon coming through

How can other nations even compete?

I prefer the shamans much more over those guys. Sure they have their place but they will bankrupt you if you just use them.

Or priests could get an ability to "heal god" if they are in the same province as it
Much like how call god works, it could take an amount of holy points to heal an affliction.

With sacreds, summons, and actual magi.

What makes her so special, she doesn't look that good. The archers on the other hand are fantastic.

105 gold
1 0 5 gold for this BEAST
35.4% of them have Earth 2 which means Earth 3 in battle

The shamans still beat them in that regard, hell one of my shamans got earth 3

Dualwielding offers high attack density and increases benefits gained from Strength of Earth.

Revelers are superior for that, though, if a bit difficult to buff (for EA Pan who needs to cast Earthpower first at least, MA Pan gets plenty of E3s who can cast buffs turn 1)

>Implying 105 gold Earth 2 smiths aren't Actual Magi

2 attacks, stealth, ambidexterity, okay prot, 14 Defense. A very good deal for 14 gold.

Shamans cost 30g more but are sacred so idk. They have less prot and can't get Air 2 or Water 2. On the other hand they can get Death 2 or Nature 2.

the heck do you think you are gonna do with earth 3

(also shamans are inept researchers)

Looks like you haven't been looking at the upkeep, and the shaman is sacred so it cuts the upkeep in half even further. Making three shamans equal one smith.

I thought that was the already reduced upkeep.

Nah

Maws of the Earth, Blade Wind, Marble Warriors, Destruction, Strength of Giants, Earth Meld..

Earth is THE battle magic school. To top it all off earth mages are incredibly hard to kill.

Doesn't regeneration just straight up provide affliction resistance?

No yeah I know. That's why I mentioned that they're sacred.

No, that's definitely the reduced upkeep. I loaded up my modnation where everything's auto-calculated to check; The 140g sacred mage has exactly half the upkeep of the 140g nonsacred mage.

No, think of regeneration like cutting your wrist, they will heal right up and in seconds its like they were not even there. Now imagine that someone gets their arm lobbed off, they heal but they got a little stub where their arm used to be.

Well shit you learn something new everyday

>Earth 2
They have about a 40% chance of getting E2, which means that you get 1 E2 mage for every 2.5 105 gold non-sacred magi that you hire. Compare this to something like Agartha's already high costed earth-readers, who are guaranteed E2 for 185 gold and are sacred.
Warrior smiths are not a good way to get E3 combat access compared to many other nations.

Paying 30g less each year is still potentially significant. You break equal with a smith after a year and you're gaining money from then on. On the other hand you're losing 24 research/year.

You get way more research and (eventual) access to F2, A2 and W2. You're only losing out if you need as many E3 mages as possible. To add insult to injury smiths have 14 prot, provide 5 resources each and can forge stuff at a discount.