Touhou General /2hug/ #41

128 unique posters!!!! edition
Previous thread: >So what is this game?
Touhou is a bullet hell game made by ZUN. Instead of ship or robots it features anime girls fighting youkai and such.

>Why isn't this in /jp/
Some Cirno poster made a thread just for a get and now we're here.

>Where should I start?
the games until 5 were designed for the PC-98 platform, which would require an emulator. It's recommended you start either with the sixth (first Windows game) or the second game (as the first one isn't a bullet hell) and work your way up from there some games aren't your usual bullet hells but should be played anyway
1: Arkanoid
7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, 14.5: Fighting games
The others follow the basics of the bullet hell genre but usually add a game play twist.

>Where can I get the games?
moriyashrine.weebly.com/classic-era-th6th95.html
moriyashrine.weebly.com/retro-era-pc-98.html

>How to Touhou for baka
m.imgur.com/s1JmZu8

>West Replays
replays.gensokyo.org/index.php

>Please git gud!
moriyashrine.weebly.com/introduction-to-touhou.html

>eraTohoK (plus other era games):
pastebin.com/6CULQcKd

>Touhou fangames (AWOL)
pastebin.com/wGZuqr0q

>Touhou 16!!!
mega.nz/#!Dt91QDDa!w7dlOkuBP8tYwRfI3clq3wvf3v7I3DLDUneUhOUTEOY

DEMO LINKS:
AoCF:
mega.nz/#!g4d0hRqS!cyFKIH3U_On3zUBNA6GtcIjNjrN3IK4StJBPalFafQM

Rare footage of bestgirl smiling

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kfcln8ULQTI
eientei.boards.net/thread/842/eientei-forums-official-dodging-competition?page=1
youtube.com/watch?v=yFRtZvicVXA&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=n1xrzWEVvMU
youtube.com/watch?v=JvurpgXpPdg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for Reisen

Reisen's cunny is in heat!

What's your opinion on Reisen's boyfriend? I heard he's the ultimate gentlemen

Has anyone here manage to complete all Impossible Spell Cards level without using the cheat items?

Tei sux

He has shit taste. Picking a Touhou that would abandon her comrades without a second thought because her country is at war. Everyone is afraid, not just Reisen. But they didn't pussy out because they want to protect their loved one, unlike Reisen. Fuck Reisen.

Meant for

youtube.com/watch?v=kfcln8ULQTI

You know what they say, "By the time Sun Tsu published the Art of War, the Lunarians had long left." I like to think them as something like Saudi Arabia - here they have advanced military technology, the most advanced anywhere in the world, so advanced that even they don't understand how half of it works, and they give said technology to the rabbits without explaining to them what it does and hope that the major disparity will be enough to make up for their lack of practical knowledge. And the rabbits weren't really designed to be soldiers, they're just the only thing that can fight humans and fairies and dirty youkai without being corrupted. So of course they're going to do badly when fighting professional soldiers from the strongest military on Earth.

And the worst part is if there was just a dozen Lunarians brave enough to give up their immortality in order to drive off these invasions themselves, they would be able to do that with their magic and technology, but they're all cowards, so they make their rabbits fight instead. And those rabbits are afraid, and that's understandable, because they're severely outclassed. At least, that's how I see it.

The rabbits were the backbone of the Lunar Capital. They're the lowest class there. So it's logical to think that their life since they were young are mainly doing labor for the Lunarian. So, saying that the rabbits are not designed, nor aren't trained to used military technologies, for war are probably wrong. Reisen ran because she was afraid, but hell, so was every other soldiers.

Yes, I can understand running away from a corrupted evil kingdom is ok, but the Lunar Capital aren't like that. This is not like America when slavery are still in practice. But rather all of the higher ups are Lunarian who don't completely mistreat the rabbits. The Watatsuki sisters treat the rabbits like a stern boss, not like a ruthless master.

Abandon your comrades and leave their rear unguarded will only endangered her comrades lives, that's what I have problem with Reisen. Surely she must care about some of her comrades, but she values herself more than the life of her comrades.

>because they're severely outclassed
They won the war

They won the war after suffering large amounts of casualties against a technologically inferior, logistically bottlenecked invasion force.

But not severely outclassed, no?

>They won the war
A white peace that only happened because the winning side felt sorry for you doesn't count as a win

Your ass cannot be used as source user

You had to be there man

Yeah, I've been there. But the situation are nothing like what you described.

>I've been there
bullshit

Thanks for changing the links user

I'm just doing that because I have OCD. It ain't gonna help anyone because no one is that dumb. What we really need is some kind of competition we can do as a general and as a team, like:

a) Having a spreadsheet where /2hug/ can post screenshots of his or her highscores for each difficulty and game
b) Competition like eientei.boards.net/thread/842/eientei-forums-official-dodging-competition?page=1
c) fangame pastebin

I think this is what we really need.

I would be down to any of those options even if Im not too good. And if we werent so dead I would like to have a PoFV tournament but no one knows how to host ;_;
>fangame pastebin
If only it wasnt killed...

>pastebin
We can always make a new one. I want to do it, but I've been procrastinating and haven't really get into fangames that much.

Which anime studio would you want to make an anime adaptation of WaHH? Shaft

Seija is a baka. She wants the weak to rule the strong but in Impossible Spell Card even the weak oppose her. What is she expecting if she succeed? She's going to rule Gensokyo all by herself?

>"the virgin Touhou manga fan"
>the CHAD CoLA reader

She doesn't give a damn about whatever he stated goal is; She just wants upheaval for upheaval's sake.

Doing evil for the sake of being evil not really my cup of tea

Shiki is working hard. Are you?

no

Smelly princess neets not welcome here.

What kind of job will Kaguya do if she were thrown out in the real world?

prostitute

Or selling her organs

>himes not welcome
Gay af, himes are great.

I want to hug that Remi.

You can't just go and hug a scary vampire.

>she got selfish, and managed to get Eirin Yagokoro to create the Hourai Elixir out of self-interest and consumed it. This was illegal, and she was executed.
What a bitch. She has no redeeming quality, only caused other people trouble, lazy, ugly haircut, yet somehow the whole entire world want to protect her? Literally why?

I can. In fact I want to do much more than just hugging her.

>favorite boss battle
I think we can all agree that Reimu has the most beautiful danmaku of any characters up to date. Her theme makes people heart racing, her danmaku was fun to dodge, the red and white bullets are just beautiful and fit well with her design. I can see why people don't want to mess with Reimu.

t. Reimu

No (You). Which battle is your favorite user?

reemoo

youtube.com/watch?v=yFRtZvicVXA&t=0s
>things that you must do if you're a Hourai
The commentator is a cool dude.

youtube.com/watch?v=n1xrzWEVvMU

What's wrong with Gensokyo? It's easy to bitch and complain about how the government is corrupted, but without reasons why you think it is so hold no water at all. Gensokyo right now is at peace, sure humans are living in a cage, but it's not like they're killed. Think of it like a zoo. Animals aren't mistreated in a zoo.

Besides, humans need to stay in a cage in order for the Youkai to survive.

>What's wrong with Gensokyo?
>humans are living in a cage
>Think of it like a zoo. Animals aren't mistreated in a zoo.

Youkai are people too. It's not like the human are in prison. They got all their needs inside their cage.

>pic related
says Hieda no "Yukari is my editor" Akyuu.

youtube.com/watch?v=JvurpgXpPdg

>Youkai are people too
lol no

>t. Miko

"I'll show you my true barrier."

"Hey kid, wanna be my servant?"

>used to 1cc th13 lunatic once
>lost saved replay after getting new lappy
>can't even get to stage 3 without dying now
Hurts just a bit.

>1cc th13 lunatic
Wow, would you also want to tell us you get mad pussy every night?

Only if you show me your backdoor~

Was is with Youmu?

It's how bad I've gotten.

Have you tried other Touhou game on Lunatic difficulty? If so, is TD still the easiest on Lunatic level just like it is the Easiest on Normal mode? Please, this is important.

>Hermit
>Youkai

Pick one

Goodnight /2hug/

Oyasumi

>striped underwear
If that doesn't convince you that Flan is the best girl, then I don't know what will.

You mean Fran

I mean fe-ran-de-rah

Her name is Frandoll

She's french, not British. So her name must be pronounced in a french accent.

>She's french, not British. So her name must be pronounced in a french accent.
Last time we discussed this it didnt come out good.

Some guy was going on and on about SDM somehow speak Japanese in Europe and refused to accept the idea that if a foreigner enter Gensokyo he will magically will be able to speak Japanese automatically.

That guy was stupidly adamant about this topic as if we were talking about the Torah and how it differs greatly with the theology of the New Testament.

>She's french, not British.

Last time I checked "Scarlet" was a british name.

Remilia canonically writes her letters in english. Remi and Flan being british makes a whole lot more sense than them being french.

There's an entire region named after Flan

Flan being named after a region in france doesn't make her french, ZUN probably knows fuck all about europe.
Meanwhile we have actual confirmation in canon that Remilia writes her letters in english. Of course that's not definite proof that they're british either, but it's far stronger evidence than Flan's first name. Especially since their last name isn't french at all and there's also Remi's tea drinking, which is usually seen as a very british thing.

Its like you already forgot the T R U T H
>he will magically will be able to speak Japanese automatically.
That doesnt make any sense but I can agree that she somehow learned japanese.

Considering how long they have been cut off from Japan, I wouldn't be surprised if they had their own Gensokian language or dialect.

WE

>you're waifu will never call you a faggot in a broken pseudo-japanese language

WUZ

I wonder how ZUN would react if someone told him the origin of Remilia's name

>ZUN: Remiria? who?

What's the origin?

Only 5 people have been recorded with that name
They were all African American women living in New York in the 40s-50s

Moco sux

Mokou is cute!

Whom would have tought AntiMokou fags were retarded.
American education everyone.

Didn't see that stupid multiplication sign

Maybe the X is not the stupid one...

It is obviously a bastardization of the italian name Emilia. I doubt that those 5 african american women in New York were the only ones with that name.

15 is the correct answer you retard

Im not saying you are wrong, Im saying you shouldnt call others stupid because the one that does so is the stupid one.

>Im
And you call others stupid
Retard

I never called you stupid, I just wanted you to stop being so agressive about everything. Oh, and I dont have the apostrophe on my keyboard.
I did call you a retard though, sorry

>I dont have the apostrophe on my keyboard.
I'm so glad I'll never be this retarded

Hey buddy, that's a mean word and this is a nice general. So please repent.

>Humans being the Zoo animals
You have it all wrong baka, Youkai are the exhibits, humans are the caretakers to make sure you don't die, and fairies are the spectators!

dead

Has it happened to you that you are trying to play but you cant get to focus and are too tense/distracted about other things that you end up losing all lives to a fucking stage 2 boss? How do I clear my mind?

Goddamn user you're retarded.
Good luck finding anyone else.

>Youkai are people
>Humans aren't
t. fake buddhist