/xcg/ - XCOM General

Fuck Priests Edition

Previous dead VIP:
News:
1)EXPANSION is out NOW
>xcom.com/war-of-the-chosen
>youtube.com/watch?v=n3bENBYSucQ
>pastebin.com/8prFHUNj

2)Julian Gallop Phoenix Point News (New Update: 8/30/2017)
>phoenixpoint.info/blog/2017/8/29/geoscape-ballistics-and-more
>pastebin.com/PZWh2Zr1
>youtube.com/watch?v=iuN9g502cYM

3)Jake spoke at PAX East on March 10th on the growing pains of rebooting XCOM
>pvplive.net/c/pax-east-jake-solomon-xcom-3

4)LONG WAR 2 1.5 is OUT
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844674609
>pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25894

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 Character Pool:
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

List of compatible mods for Long War 2
>drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KYKP0J-c9vcksxLXBTUkFzdE0/view

XCOM2 modlist, updated long before WOTC (Out of Date)
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, now contains all of the mods in the modlist
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN

Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

The X-COM Files for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=4595.0

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bED70FNa0Jg
webmshare.com/KD5Zm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Should xcom have 4 tiers of weapons (conventional, mag, laser and plasma)?

First for the Templars

4 tiers with several different types of sidegrades

also coil should be the final tier, because human ballistics fuck yeah

>no calendar edition

>they don't have Pence as a templar

All degenerate commanders will hang.

I think the gap between mag and plasma is pretty big so I guess that's fair enough. There would have to be a notable difference in resource requirements though.

Something salvageable in between would work.

Yep!
The gap between mag and plasma is large af

Still need that Alarak voice pack for my Templars

youtube.com/watch?v=bED70FNa0Jg

When gatecrasher goes just right

>Supply Raid mission with the Supply area being a dropship landing area instead of a train
SO much more entertaining to fight in.

Can you imagine Alarak leading a squad of rookies?

THIS WORLD

IS OURS

So guys, I accidentally Bradford's rifle due to a bug with the [WotC] Resistance Firearms mod as it equips every soldier in the rooster with the modded weapons automatically so when I played the Ayylien Kangz mission Bradford allready had a shotgun and I couldn't change his equipment. What do? Should I roll with it or concider it a cheat and not use? I'm a very honest boy, but if you say it's allright then I guess it's allright!

>Resistance Firearms
>he fell for the meme
May as well just start over at this point.

>First Supplies Raid of the campaign
>Sitrep: Savage
That's XCOM, baby

>800k lost killed
thought it would've been more by now

Hey /xcg/, I usually don’t visit /v/ or Veeky Forums that much, but I am really into WotC right now and was wondering a couple of thing with regards to mods used (that I saw in the previous threads) and game stability.

It seems that when I run mods (that are WotC ready might I add) the game still crashes frequently after a single good run, quite a shame since I only used stuff like gotcha, detailed soldier lists, additional icons. Does anyone else encounter this problem? Pretty annoying to load a campaign that ran smooth with these mods enabled but suddenly crashes in 100% of the cases where an action is being made.

I don’t know if it’s in the general mods list, but I saw the weapon mods (the realistic ones) and wondered whether they affected gameplay at or if they’re purely cosmetic (or are there actually version for the different upgrades available. Also, If someone could point me to the balaclava mask/tactical stuff/earpro/operator oriented mods that would be much appreciated.

Aaayyy may-mays are fucking great, had myself a hearty chuckle reading the shit in these generals.

I kinda want XCOM to cross over with Jagged Alliance

The way the chosen show up on the map is kinda bullshit.

I start in Africa, check another region of Africa, Warlock claims it and he's all the fucking way in North America.

Why.

webmshare.com/KD5Zm

This time with 98% less eye cancer. I can't fucking make XCOM run smooth just for recording.

they literally teleport

The Elders' greatest champion, that's why.

yeah but it kind of pigeon holes the gameplay into not contacting any surrounding regions for as long as possible because you don't want multiple chosen trying to sabotage you

Can Warlock do either of the rift abilities? That would've made him a better threat.

if you don't contact other regions you don't get GOPs or supplies

risk-reward

Why a meme tho?

he's literally an edgy baby boy

he's at most 15

W-why?

Warlock is a good threat when you don't have mindshields. He's just too reliant on disabling your squad mentally.

You stole Bradford's OP raifu and brought shame on him, your best buddy.
Absolutely despicable.

>a bunch of useless weapon skins that was shilled here by some faggot and was pulled from the workshop shortly after its release
>not a meme
I still don't understand why did people care about it in the first place.

He's an absolute nightmare on haven assaults if you're not packing shields

Resistance fighters are fantastic allies until the sonuvabitch mind controls one of your guys and they proceed to drop him to 1 HP before mind control ends (and the only reason he survives was because one of them missed).

I'm about to do his Stronghold now and I haven't built a single mindshield. Am I in trouble? He didn't seem that tough in the missions, he just summoned kamikaze zombies then fucked off.

Is he tougher in his base?

>Use the Gatekeeper to make Psi-Zombies from Losts
>Have to evac to end the mission
>All Psi-Zombies dies after breaking MC
>X-COM SOLDIER WOUNDED: 40
>X-COM SOLDIER KILLED: 52
>RATING: POOR

Thanks Jake

Mediocre

COMMANDER
WE'RE LOSING ZOMBIES LEFT AND RIGHT COMMANDER

>and was pulled from the workshop shortly after its release

It's up among the "Most Popular Items" on the workshop though, you absolute retard. Kys

>it's popular therefore it must be good
lmaoing

>finish blacksite
>make a silly poster with a dumb joke for no benefit but my own
>tygan proceeds to act snarky about it
Why Tygan, why.

>tfw a capture/kill VIP mission pops and you don't need the intel
solo reaper carbombings are so cathartic

>That arm
Wait what?

Mind control is never a greater threat now that you have hero units. You really want your bladestorm parry deflect/reflect Templar to be used against you?

>He didn't seem that tough in the missions, he just summoned kamikaze zombies then fucked off.

Warlock's AI is a little wonky and the Chosen's weakness system in general means they can vary wildly in difficulty (except for Hunter who always sucks).

>customization is bad
Are you a faggot or something cause you're giving me that vibe.

When I download mods on the workshop, they shouldn't break anything until I activate them, should they?
Thinking about grabbing some mods but only using them in my next campaign. Just so I don't forget them.

>defeat assassin after she gravely wounds two soldiers
>shows up 2 days later on the next mission that pops up

holy fuck i hate this

>it's popular therefore it's bad
lmaoing I'm fucking you're gf senpai

>perfect pizza
Loli squad mod when?

>Warlock's AI is a little wonky and the Chosen's weakness system in general means they can vary wildly in difficulty (except for Hunter who always sucks).

I had seen a hunter perfectly annihilate a team by just grapple into flank->wounding shot->repeat every turn.

i think Gotcha is causing the crashes. as for cosmetics
Capnbubs Accessories - WotC
[WOTC] R6 Siege Armours
[WotC] CoD4: MWR SAS Uniforms
[WotC] MGSV: Marines BDU Pack
[WotC] MGSV: Jungle Fatigues (MGS3)
XCOM EU/EW Ports

are all tactical cosmetics

Nope. You need to activate them. Use the alternate launcher if you have too many.

>implying implications
All Chosen take a break for 2-3 missions after you defeat one.
That doesn't stop them from showing up during story missions though, of course.

Pistol a Useful.

are random research centers story missions?

because i defeated her on a supply raid & immediately did a research center and she showed up again

Does getting Reaper and Implacable mean that upon getting a kill the Ranger basically gets a free turn? IE +1 action point and +1 move point.

You were wrong, so you went for a strawman as a last resort? The point is that the mod is still up you imbecile.

>grapple into flank->wounding shot->repeat every turn.

Yeah, I'm sure he's hard if he actually does those things. I've never ever seen his AI do that though nor have I ever had a challenging fight with him. Even in the early game.

My Hunter was pretty strong and rolled Regeneration, Watchful, Prelate, Low Profile, and All Seeing with Groundling weakness and I was still able to BTFO him every time. His Priests gave me more difficulty than he did.

It just adds to your dash.

So still good, but not quite gamebreakingly OP, roger. Thank you.

You mean facilities? They aren't story missions, but it wouldn't surprise me if the Chosen show up on them all the same.
Haven't done a single facility without a Ruler myself, so I've no idea.

No, bladestorm is honestly better.

I have 42 AP on him though, so I was thinking of getting Implacable + Reaper. I'll put thoughts into other things though.

>tfw I'm in September, killed 2/3 Chosen, and still haven't even research the Codex Brain.

I don't do the Story mission until there is nothing else left to do. I didn't realize they would show up in plot missions because they popped up in Guerilla ops and the Blacksites.

>fighting the Archon Boss guy
>hit him with the sword
>bladestorm him on his reaction
>get a second ranger to sword him
>also triggers bladestorm on that second ranger
>first ranger doesn't get a second bladestorm
why.
He got away with like 3 HP.

>in September, killed 2/3 Chosen, and still haven't even research the Codex Brain
Why.
Why would anyone do this to themselves?

What's the problem, Chief?

It's fun and doesn't really change all that much. I like to get every bonus and build a relay in each country. My last game didn't end until March 2036.

I'm not the same guy who claimed it was pulled
>ib4 samefag

ironic memery aside, I don't see the benefit of gorillion of balistic guns aside from playing with virtual dress up dolls
I think clutter mods like these are cancer
but whatever, it's your choice, nobody is stopping you

>miss out on the all the neat stuff the Chosen say
>miss out on comfy act 2 /3 music
>make the story missions even more boring than usual since you meme on them with Chosen weapons
It's not like the game is even fun after you put down your Chosen.

>It's not like the game is even fun after you put down your Chosen.

The Lost gave me more problems than Chosen ever did.

Doubly disappointing is you don't get any special acknowledgement or cutscenes after you defeat them. It's like you just reverted to playing the game vanilla again.

>miss out on the all the neat stuff the Chosen say

I'm did their Strongholds specifically to shut them the fuck up for good.

At this point that's what I want, the chosen piss me off. They show up too often

>first Chosen has Brutal
Honestly feeling like restarting. Fuck that shit.

>Chosen having an effect on your game is unacceptable

I don't mind fighting the fuckers. They can show up two at a time for all I care.

Permanently dropping my Will every time they come into LoS though can fuck right off.

>Permanently dropping my Will every time they come into LoS
Every time they attack you.

Just get the Brutal fix mod.

>assassing strolls in blast padded and bewindled, weak to reapers
>im tied down with toehr problesms and she disables my forward guy, forcing the reaper to help him, essentialy taking out my best bets of dealing with her before shit hits the fan REAL BAD
>whatever, thow literally everything at her
>bitch still has half hp, my entire team is out of position and next turn will HAVE to deal with other shit other than her
>realize reaper sitll has a single move after waking up that other guy
>my fucking face when she does 19 fucking damage with magnetic weapons and that bitch just melts

it literally starts in the description

one bladestorm per guy

Only showed up in 1/5 of missions for me. I actually would like to see them more often, especially early game.

Do the Chosen always show up in the Assassin, Hunter, Warlock order?

I feel like the Hunter or Warlock might be more difficult if he were the first one you encounter

You get assassin first if you don1t disable the story cutscenes, but otherwise it's random.

They don't if you disable the tutorial mission thing that introduces you to WotC.

It's random normally.

I had the Assassin first, but the Warlockj shortly after. I started in india while they sat in russia and china respectively.
I only encountered the Hunter after the other two were already long dead, because he literally started on the other side of the planet in south america.

Unless you got the story mission enabled the order is purely random. You run into your first Chosen on your first retaliation.

From my experience, the Warlock is an absolute nightmare if the mission is an haven assault, otherwise he's just a pain. Hunter is an absolute joke. Getting him as your first Chosen is is by far the best option. Assassin is also quite a pain.

Any way to get Bradford's rifle now? Or do I have to call in the snakes?

>all enemies cleared
>warlock casts his nerd shit near haven
>resistance lights him up as I watch

R8

Rainbow Six terrorists/10

>templar at the back
>sharpening too high
>mixed spark parts
>meme text

F-, see me after class.

Teach me your ways, master!

>First retaliation mission of the campaign.
>Its the Hunter.
>For once the Hunter actually decides to do something, grapples in and stuns two guys because I wasn't taking him seriously.
>Templar was off dealing with the last of the Advent and can't come back over to un-daze them in time.
>Grapples and runs in, next round he's going to kidnap someone.
>The Resistance fighters in the building all turn around and blow him away.

After testing this for myself, my Ranger got a full bonus turn after the first sword kill with Implacable and Reaper. After the second sword kill he only got a single dash move. Still pretty fun though.

The Resistance Operatives on those missions are surprisingly helpful. Their damage slowly scaling up was a nice surprise as well. I've had entire pods wiped out by them without needing to do anything.

I don't know what's going on with your graphical settings but that sharpening is too much.

Basics: Use the background to compliment your characters fully. Characters in uniforms likewise should compliment each other. Pick a good spot for contrast lighting. Consider using 1-4 characters instead of the full lineup. Text that isn't a meme.

ISIS-tier: Get some Advent armor mod and stage an execution

The courage alone is commendable.

Is shield-user still working on his mod?