/aog/ - Attorney Online General

Why edition

>What is Attorney Online?
In short: It's multiplayer Ace Attorney.
AO is a virtual chatroom/courtroom mix which we use to perform improvised AA-like trials, Civil Cases, Class Trials, Jury Cases, Investigations and more! Choose from a wide selection of AA characters (and guest characters), pick a position (Defence, Prosecution, Judge, Witness, etc.) and dive into a whirlwind of logic, banter, theories and memes.

Come join us on our server:
Attorney Online Vidya (Dedicated)

>The Main Reference Doc (contains AO downloads, rules, FAQs, polls and more):
docs.google.com/document/d/13DDwBcpxQp3p7AQDSLLf6TysJTsDr_EbypQs45zHZ-4/edit
Be sure to check there for the Quickstart Guide!

>Gameplay footage?
You can find a list of streamers and recorders for a general time frame here:
pastebin.com/kg2VnSYd

Alternatively, you can look through our Case Archive to find completed documents and recordings of individual cases cases:
ace-attorney-vidya.wikia.com/wiki/Case_Archives

>How to create black footage for the 3DS games
docs.google.com/document/d/1k5wNNmF2-i6U4AI0zI7dkIJK9iChx36k2e3VW1bzofk/edit#

>News
DGS2 trailer youtube.com/watch?v=U6oclCrPyNo
DGS1 translated playthrough is back on youtube youtube.com/watch?v=0m-AdWHDEAA&list=PL1vvPkGTr_iR67W3Cpmw5APvfCoQYmVoX

pretty late in the day to be making a thread

Namefag drama is dumb

But it's the only thing to talk about in these threads.

Didn't want to start a new thread for this:

I'm a bit behind on my AA. Just finished DD and want to get on with SoJ. Should I play the DD extra case first? I'd rather play SoJ and go back to the dlc later, but I'll do it first if the content is somehow relevant to the next game. Asking here in hopes of avoiding spoilers. Thanks anons.

Talk about cases
Post memecaps
Rant about shitty cliches in aov cases
Don't post at all
Literally anything is better than caring about attention hogs

The dd Extra case is not connected to soj

The DD extra case is not connected but it is hands down the best case in DD and one of the better cases in the series. I wouldn't skip it.

Will DGS and the main series ever tie into each other?

Probably not, since the current team on the main series won't even tie in the games they themselves made. Besides, I don't think any meaningful connection could could be made between the two considering the century long gap in time, save for some slight nods and references

Great Grandpa holmes in an aa game never.

Well, Ryunosuke is Phoenix's ancestor, so technically they are tied into each other.

>joint reasonings now involve pointing out things Holmes straight up forgot due to old age

They are, I'm just saying it'd be nice for Phoenix to mention him at some point.

Fair enough. I'd tend to agree.

>can I get a /quickrundown/? all I remember about them is being good at prosecuting
They were never good at prosecuting, user. You're confusing talking a lot with making valid points.

Capcomblew their chance at making Turnabout Time Travel be a what if story about Ryu, Susato and Holmes somehow ending in modern day Japanifornia and working with Nick on a case.

>Capcom stealing more ideas from the server
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

How do we get Capcom to acknowledge us, /aog/?

Looking at SoJ, it seems like they already have

Let's anti-namedrop: What are some memorable moments in a case you've done where you didn't know who the player was? An especially good witness/def/det/etc.

I'd like to thank the Adachi that final bossed in one of the first cases run since he was added. It was very well done, and helped assure me that putting him in wasn't completely a huge mistake