Are STEMfags delusional

>be me
>hang out with gf, her sister and her sister's bf, who is a mechanical engineer.
>gf's sister says she has to study
>the guy says she doesn't REALLY have to study because her degree is not a real degree like engineering
>wow kinda rude desu
>after a while he says that engineering was hard, but after now he graduated he feels like a superhuman
>a superhuman
>cringe

I'm a stemfag and let's just say I too am personally sick of every low level engineer believing they have to right to speak authoritatively on every subject from economics to law to sociology just because they graduated with a mechanical engineering degree from podunk state university. Maximum grade autism is what it is.

remember that engineering has an above average amount of autists compared to most faculties

but he is right

Yes.

>hur dur, i have knowledge on x so i have knowledge on y
>hur dur, isn't philosophy stupid and irrelevant, please ignore the fact the scientific method is literally a philosophical concept and modern day science still practices the methods laid out by philosophers in the 20th century
>hur dur art and aesthetics is stupid, please excuse me whilst i listen to music or go to a concert or buy a piece of furniture i like the look of
>hur dur modern art is bad, no don't ask me to name 10 classical painters haha im too busy haha...hah...ha...
>hur dur i view the world from a positivist perspective and everything either makes sense or it doesnt according to this logical framework whose own axioms are either paradoxical or dont make sense
>hur dur god doesnt exist haha, im so original

You made the mistake to compare lelgineers with proper scientists/mathematicians.

>implying mathematicians or physicists going off on their totally amateurish views of anthropology or economics is any better

a lot of STEM graduates are obscenely logically and philosophically challenged, and like to use their education as an authoritarian argument. the subculture of STEM in academia promotes an abstract, subjective form of "progress" and "utility" in a way that seems objective or tangible. this is why they tend to end up using their educations to test shampoos on monkeys or design components for kitchen appliances. anthropology and philosophy majors tend to have much more objectively grounded views of the world. I've never met a retarded cosmologist, though.

>the guy says she doesn't REALLY have to study because her degree is not a real degree like engineering

It's true though you dumb fuck

What?

How isn't he right?

Engineering is much more difficult than any humanities degree, it's just the simple truth, I could take any humanity degree piss easily but I'm a serious engineer and have an actual job to look forward to not a meme spouter who think

>whoooo I'm so le epic deep xDDDD huuuum Plato I can cite what some fucker who lives centuries or millenia ago said!!!

Literally kys IQ deficient ape

But did he suck your cock?

The higher level humanities fields like history and philosophy actually require a very high IQ for success

Astronomyfag here
Although i hate elitist fags who say they are better because they did stem, a stem study is superior in one way, it gets you a job (granted that's not why i chose it). It is however not more interesting, or objectively more important. You could say it's harder because the failrates are higher and you can go into extreme dept and huge calculations, while the deepest womens studies delves into is their womb to get an abortion because it wasn't a girl, or the total length of a roll of toiletpaper on a stick to reach their asses, whichever is larger.

>The higher level humanities fields like history and philosophy

Give me a fucking break, for fuck's sake.

Yeah actually

and yet here you are, on a new zealand sheepfucking forum, bitching about him

sure showed him lmao

a lot of STEM prioritizes how good you are at following instruction, focusing, and repetition as opposed to actual critical thinking and problem solving abilities, which is more thoroughly grounded in philosophical education. a lot of STEM students would struggle in logic courses.

Haha you can't even make money with humanities. How can you study something you are actually interested in? That's absurd and laughable. See, i'm better then you

>It's an engineers are so deluded by the smell of their own farts that they act like they're literally gods episode

Is there any group of people more obsessed with themselves? I imagine being in a relationship with one is like being married to an SS officer.

>health professions

always knew nurses were retarded desu

>he says, appealing to the crowd about opinions he carries himself

wew

You maybe wanna rephrase that so you actually make a point?

You've never studied STEM beyond high school.

I majored in chemical engineering, actually. I got fed up with shampooing monkeys and I work at a bar now.

the reason I know STEMfags have such a poor grasp of logic is because I was surrounded by them for five years.

I'll rephrase it so you can understand

bad man penis make talk about himself, haha bad man penis poo poo head. He poo poo head cause talk about self, not like me, who am culture and educate better. Please respond to me people who am against poo poo head

I guess it is true that stemfags are incapable of developing a logical statement that actually makes a good point.

>hur dur but u hypocrite cuz u also person with pride and flaws everyone is flawed guys aren't I deep and smart for bringing up pseudo-intellectual garbage

So I guess I'll just learn to expect this 101 level of discourse from you.

It is literally the opposite.
If this thread proves anything then it is the fact that humanities students are delusional as fuck.

>problem solving abilities
>as some humanities fag
Kek

I'm an autist and currently a stemfag so I can get a decent job, and half the people in STEM aren't even good at STEM, are miserable, and they just tell themselves it's because STEM is harder and it's not because they're stupid, and they're better than non-STEMfags because they are busy being miserable taking classes in something they're shit at because it's STEM.

Anyone in pure math is a pure autist, and many have them have been the most autistic philosophers in history. Some scientists are quite inquisitive and interested in all forms of knowledge, others not so much.

This. It amazes me, because I do comp sci because it has good jobs, and it's basically just logic, and so many of the people don't get the concepts, because they don't understand logic.

It's objectively economically more important.

Oh boy, is this the weekly anti-STEM circlejerk thread? You guys butthurt you aren't as relevant in today's society as usual?

>look how smart I am going into a field with no jobs

your post is just an unsupported contradiction, with insults. there is no supporting argument. this is exactly what I mean about a problem with understanding basic logic. you are probably incapable of forming a logical argument.

A liberal arts / humanities degree is useless in this economy.

I graduated with a 4.0 GPA with a double major in history and philosophy from a top 20 school. No jobs, no career opportunities, nothing. I only managed to find a minimum wage job after more than 6 months of searching. Virtually all of my fellow graduates from my program had the same exact problem.

I could go back to school and get a PhD but then what? Get stuck in a shitty adjunct position making even less than minimum wage? And it's not like I can afford law school or afford to go into debt again.

If I could go back I would have chosen something more practical like engineering or accounting or would have just stuck to trades. Fuck my life.

Here's my response then
STEM requires problem solving and critical thinking

>I imagine being in a relationship with one is like being married to an SS officer.

No. Its not fun and you dont get a 10/10 purebreed aryan god to fuck your brains out every night

Yes, only in a sense though.

Getting a great job is 90% about presentation and how good you could be at the job. 10% is your degree.
Engineer-fags think that they'll waltz into a plant and get a 300k job as soon as they graduate. In reality, most of them can't write up a good resume, and their employer will think they're a retard when they interview. Not to mention the fact that engineers are coming out the arse of colleges now.

Getting a job is all about connections and how well you present yourself.

Lets say at some business you and another guy are interviewing.
You have a great resume, you speak well, dressed for the part, and generally seem like a great worker.
The other guy is a slouchy asshat, cant speak well, and his resume is bare-bones.

Chances are they'll hire you, train you for two months and then you can do everything the other guy could've done before.

not only have you still failed to form an argument(your response is nothing but an unsupported assertion), but coming from someone who's worked in the field, no, it doesn't. advancements in the field do. jobs in the field don't. most jobs in the field are comparable to restaurant/factory/office work as far as your duties go, you simply need specified knowledge to do the task, such as starting and recording results from bacteria cultures, or cataloging and retrieving medication, or organizing data on spreadsheets. no problem solving or critical thinking required.

in an idealized society, we would teach logic primarily over mathematics in public school, but unfortunately we have a society that gives children the idea that being able to repeat patterns taught to you in mathematics makes you a skilled critical thinker, when all it actually reflects is good direction following abilities and focus. this is why we get people like you working in advanced fields who can't even form a logical argument when prompted.

>engineer
there's your problem

I wonder where history majors fall on that range.

>mechanical engineer
>STEM
saw from a mile away this was bait

That's some engineer tier argument you've got going there. Did he hit close to home?

>he says, again failing to support his assertion

Provide examples. Do they seriously not teach you guys how to speak?

I know if you only consider verbal IQ they are right behind philosophy amoung humanities majors (I cant find the chart I saw that on)

Of course history requires next to no mathematical skills, beyond basic statistics at its highest levels

In math, when you have to prove something there is no general, mechanical way to do it. You need to get a proper intuition to even begin some problems. This requires understanding formal logic to a great extent and a lot of practice. It's far from plugging and chugging numbers into formulas. Not only mathematicians do this as many branches need to understand how to construct and derive theorema and principles. Because methods are lacking in a general sense, you need to be pretty creative to manage to see the "trick". But you can't begin with proofs without having some sort of idea of what you want to show.

The second thing would be modelling. This is, in my opinion, even harder as you have to break some problem and translate it into a proper language. How do you talk about closeness, change, certainty? And how does it relate to the world or to other areaa of math? Can it be generalized? All this requires critical thinking and creativity.

That's math, not engineering. Many of the greatest mathematicians were philosophers.

Engineering requires another type of inution and theh model a lot of shit. Though I agree they are inferior to everyone. But you are delusional when saying STEM doesn't require problem solving skills and critical thinking.

>But you are delusional when saying STEM doesn't require problem solving skills and critical thinking.
advancing the field requires problem solving and critical thinking. working in the field doesn't even remotely require such things, and this is reflected in the vast majority of STEMfags who don't know the difference between subjectivity and objectivity and often incredibly enough don't even understand the scientific method within the context of comparison of other forms of reasoning.

>my sisters bf
Cuck

t. expert on faggotry
Posts stats to back up your claim or you're bullshitting
>inb4 anecdotal evidence
Seriously, historyfags are the worst

statistics for what? that's like asking for a list of numbers when someone tells you that the sky is blue, it's non-sequitor. you poor thing, do you not know how to figure something out if numbers aren't the only factor involved?

It really depends on the engineer. Some have the inventor's mind. Some just know how to do calculus on designs. Engineers don't inherently have those abilities.

>looking at the sunset
Yes, I'd demand statistics the sky was blue in that situation.

Source your arguments or fuck off
>hurr durr look how objective we are
You're only pretending, fuck off until you get sources

>/pol/tard memeshitter is illiterate
what a surprise

>his fags can't back up their claims
lol bunch of retarded faggots
it's all anecdotal evidence until you can give me a source
Enjoy your no jobs

>comp sci is basically just logic
In Uni maybe.

You know damn well comp sci majors are going to end up programming and coding and not doing actual comp sci which very few people do.

>my only value as a human being is how much money I can make

Jesus Christ. Spooked.