>1.06 Patch Notes (15/09/17)
steamcommunity.com/app/473690/discussions/0/2765630416809899489/

>1.05 Patch Notes (08/09/17)
steamcommunity.com/app/473690/discussions/0/1474221865183656667/

>Wikis
absolver.gamepedia.com/Absolver_Wiki
absolver.wiki.fextralife.com/Absolver Wiki

>General information on Moves, Stats, and Equipment
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1daBCKJLmp8R-Lecohk--yGjLaiocSDDInZQdR4O8Zm0/edit#gid=1698220040

>Hairstyles in game
imgur.com/a/TlMXk
imgur.com/a/rm56U

>Where the fuck is XYZ?
youtube.com/watch?v=bhDUJMP527k

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yF4SGK-tw-Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yF4SGK-tw-Y&t=5m08s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Lazy people

>3 weeks since release
>no staves still

ded general for a ded game

post your freshest fashion

>Micha currently winning the twitch tourney with grab punch spam

Completely balanced guys, remember.

feels bad man

>Micha beats all of the presumed best players currently in the game by just throwing out grab punch a bunch

if that's all it takes it's no wonder the game is dead

So is this game pretty much dead? It's player numbers on steamcharts is similar to Gigantic and I think that game is beyond fucking dead.

Are you asking whether the game is dead or attempting to prophesy that it is? I can boot up the game at any time of day and get a match within seconds.

>tfw most of the average or below average players stopped playing
>all thats left are really good players or tryhards
>never win matches anymore because im bad

How'd people get so autistic that they started interpreting dead game literally? No one fucking uses it in a literal sense. Everyone uses it in the sense that the game is stagnant, has a dwindling community and has no future. You need to lurk more.

>the game is stagnant

Sloclap, despite being a small team, has been constantly working on fixing shit and patching the game, we had a major fix on the server connection issues last Friday which helped a lot and a major PvP balance patch coming out either today or this weekend that's going to change shit a LOT. There are also plans for some time next week to release a bunch of new maps to fight on, better menu/item management, ability to get dyes to customize colors on equipment, and other such things. New game modes like 3v3's and a ranked mode are scheduled to come out some time this month, alongside new PvE content as well, all for free. I'd hardly call that "stagnant".

>has a dwindling community and has no future

If you look at the early reviews the one problem everyone had for the most part was the connection issues and lagg. What I figure is they'll spend this first month after release fixing all of that shit and balancing the competitive side of the game to where they want it, and then they'll release a bunch of new DLC content that plenty of people who bought the game will come back to, if for no other reason than planning to just play the new free content. Then when they see that the servers and bugs have been fixed for the most part, they'll probably stay around and the number of average players will shoot up. If anything, this game has a bright future ahead of it because the core mechanics of the game are extremely solid.

>Everyone uses it in the sense that the game is stagnant
no they don't, you're dumb if you think people don't seriously just mean dead game at this point.

its memed about after every game release and people think its dead serious

i warned all of you about grab punch

why didnt you listen

all that time spent whining about parry could've been spent whining about grab punch

i'm somewhat convinced the game is only such a shitshow because of devolver

>rushed out
>no open beta
>couldn't release in early access because they spent last E3 making fun of early access games
>instead the game was released in an unfinished and broken state NOT in early access, effectively driving off all the players with little hope of gaining them back
>early access games have multiple chances to gain their players back though, devolver said "nah son" to that

he was a forsaken using grab punch :^/

the game has 1000 players online yet online barely works

tryhards are discovering all the overpowered meta moves, reducing the total amount of viable moves in the game to about 20%

at this point you really, REALLY have to love the game not to fuck off and play pubg like everyone else or something

the point was that forsaken's parry being better than windfall's dodge is a miniscule matter compared to how grab punch completely warps fights around it

To be honest it's the same problem with dark souls. There's nothing else like it so idk what people expect me to do but keep playing it and hoping it succeeds, because I've been really enjoying it no matter what happens. I played over 1500 hours of dark souls 3 because there just wasn't a better version of what it did out there that I could switch to, luckily absolver came around but idk what people are expecting me to play that's basically absolver but better. "These other people did the same thing but the player base is huge, the production values are much higher, etc" or something, I don't think it exists. This just feels like souls combat but with a much deeper system that's focused primarily on 1v1's, which I like.

PUBG fucking sucks though, so does Destiny 2. I quit playing shitty FPS shit when I stopped being a teenager. I don't really feel like pointing a dot and clicking at a guy and he dies all the way over there while trying to hide behind cover anymore.

How to windfall deck?

I'm putting in lots of dodge moves with the two guardbreak I have being secondaries.

>every single person popping up around the alters is wearing absolver cloak
wasn't clothes just being cosmetics a selling point before release?

Is it possible to weigh yourself down to sub-10 mobility or is there just not heavy enough gear in the game yet?

i think someone here reached 6 or 7 mobility

i think i might be done with this game

it was fun when people had proficient enough with the more typical moves. doing footsies was fun. trying to break out of strings with parries, jabs and dodges was fun. trying to read your opponent to realize what he was about to do next was fun. delivering a perfectly timed side kick into someones head was fun.

now it's all gone. it's just grab punch and the other 6 good evasive moves repeating randomly in on each other. doing ANYTHING except grab punching or sweeping out of a string is rare. why would you bother anyway? the game fucks with your inputs whenever there's lag, and there's always lag. rather than spend most of the match fighting against your own muscle memory, it's better to just roll the dice and throw out a random evasive move and hope it connects, and then keep spamming them in hopes that you evade your opponent's counterattacks. and then whoever is host has a massive advantage because again, every game is laggy.

i honestly think evasive moves were a massive mistake, especially considering how the game is balanced. i wanted to make an honest deck with no evasive moves, picking the best ratio for power, reach and readability. half the time, the move for that purpose is an evasive move. and more than half the time, the move is a gay as fuck looking stagger move as well. i love the visual look of the forsaken moves, but they're just generally too "honest" for the game. and it seems like the devs are taking advice from fucking the steam community shitters and doing balance patches at this point in the game lifecycle, and the thing they're doing is NOT nerfing evasive moves, but buffing kahlt's absorb into being even better in the evasive move slugfest

i really wanted to like this game. i wouldn't post such a big shitty blogpost if i didnt. it just does just so many things wrong in a very subtle way.

>>it was fun when people had proficient enough with the more typical moves

im writing like a retard now too

>when people were proficient with the more basic moves

is what i meant i guess

...no. No, can't say I ever heard anyone in a position of authority say anything like that. They never concealed the fact that some stats would be tied to clothes and that managing said stats would be part of combat strategy.

*absorb*

*cancels absorb ability*

*grab punch*

well done m8 youve won every fight ever

I'll accept my crown now.
*gets duplicate tear chief mask from PVP drop*

>dupe tear chief mask
>not a 5th starter prospect mask

>buffing kahlt's absorb into being even better

Kahlt is getting nerfed, dude. From 50 stamina gain down to 20. The "buff" of 20 points of defense is pretty meaningless when ideally you aren't getting hit after an absorb anyway, since after you absorb you're supposed to be hitting them back.

Grab punch is retarded though I'll give you that

>tfw no new masks all week

I just started and I'm running around Central Harbor getting beat up. This is fun

>over at a buddie's house
>I play a match with his deck
>lose horribly
>make him a deck, have him play a match
>he wins 3-1

>having friends that play absolver
h-haha...what a fag, am I right guys?

>Invite only tourney
>recognise half the names from slapping them about in random queue
hmmmm.
Pretty sure "Micha" hangs in here and is responsible for some of the well written but reddit spaced posts too, as a heads up. Its not a big community.

WHY DOES IT TAKE FOREVER TO LEARN SWORD MOVES JESUS OF SATANIC CHRIST

>I just started
I'm so sorry, user.

Probably because you're retarded

use your class ability

It's funny because the tournament this morning hosted by Justas was literally won by this guy Micha who literally just spammed the shit out of Grab Punch (beat people who are widely considered some of the best players in the game currently including GreyMaiden and WhoArts). Had the broken drunken paw into grab punch loop and everything.

Like... he literally beat a tournament with money on the line with many of the best players in the game currently because he used the SHIT out of grab punch. He literally (LITERALLY) beat GreyMaiden in the end by doing grab punch 3 times in a row with feints.

I basically lost all hope in this game at that moment tbqh. The Kahlt nerf (I main Kahlt) and the more or less untouched Forsaken aren't doing the game any favors either (YES SLOCLAP THE STAMINA REGEN THAT WAS THE PROBLEM WITH PARRY THANK YOU NOTHING ELSE NOPE JUST GIVE THEM A LITTLE LESS STAMINA NOT EVEN NONE, PERFECT SLOCLAP BRAVO PARRY IS NOW NOT BROKEN BECAUSE OF THE *HUGE* 15 INSTEAD OF 30 STAMINA RECOVERY, *ESPECIALLY* WHEN KAHLT ONLY GETS A WHOPPING 20 NOW).

Just... fuck. I don't know what to do with myself or what to play instead now, I just don't know. Feels like I'm just gonna play the game until the patch ruins Kahlt and then shelve it for a month or two and come back hoping it's out of Early Access at that point. Man, that fucking tournament was depressing as fuck.

No bully pls

Also btw the guy is JustasOnPC if you want to watch the VOD of the tourney, micha was named "little sensei" or something iirc, the guy who won the whole thing with grab punch abuse.

>Use a lot of down attacks and horizontal swinging attacks on windfallers
>Win

I fucking knew it, Windfalls have it bad, in a disadvantage

yeah it's actually pretty funny because i called that this would happen a little over a week ago. people said i was a retard and that i need to learn how to play. well who's laughing now fuckheads

i even made a video

youtube.com/watch?v=yF4SGK-tw-Y

obviously it's a joke video with a dumbed down playstyle but i warned you guys lmao

also i played against a dude called little sensei earlier today. all i remember was that

>the game lagged
>the map tanked my framerate
>the dude spammed the fuck out of grab punch

the funniest part was that he didn't play especially well. i've come across players who have been more skilled with parries, mixups and so on. he was a pretty typical player, except he would just use grab punch constantly, and of course since i didn't have "the anti grab punch deck" i got fucking destroyed

>flattened that annoying tranny
Well at least something good came out of this at least

I made a joke deck with a 2 hit combo just to be able to do grab punch over and over again and it ended up being terrifyingly powerful. It was disgusting how many people I killed using literally just this 2 hit combo (you could probably use a different 2nd move but I used wobble low kick because it's a fast low sweep).

Fought him some time ago and he was decent, since you lost I assume you just associate grab punch with "not playing especially well".
Having fought Ryona, Cagar, Rabbid and Micha previously, and possibly some of the others I would say Micha was the most competent. I'd also say that if these guys are invitational material.... Well then we're not exactly over flowing with competition.

wait holy fuck

HOLY FUCK

the last guy in this video

youtube.com/watch?v=yF4SGK-tw-Y&t=5m08s

that guy was micha lmfao, his other nickname is little prospect

I ALMOST WON AGAINST THE TOURNAMENT WINNER WITH A FUCKING GRAB PUNCH BASED JOKE BUILD LMAO

note that i didn't mean to insult micha with this post, he's still almost certainly better than me. i'm insulting the devs for letting this grab punch stuff pass into the final product

oh oops i guess i only took one round off him instead of the 2 i recalled, so i didn't really come that close to beating him, my bad guys, just wanted to clear that up

maybe the next tournament will have grab punch banned until the devs take notice though oh well

This would be nice but not like you can ban that shit in random combat trials lol.

They should really fix that low post processing flickering. It's either that or motion blur crap.

They do have the hardest time dealing with fast horizontal strings, but the next patch makes fast attacks even more stamina negative on block. Windfall should then be able to just block that and respond to GBs.

*windfall dodges in the wrong direction*

ded gaem ded trhed see you guys in a month when hopefully this game is fixed or they finally just shut down the servers completely