youtube.com/watch?v=sNgb3guusMA
youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ-tyiUVag
youtu.be/GAxRin5xzew
boards.Veeky
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

ping

make pong

Hi everyone.

I'm a freelance composer looking for some work. I can compose a large variety of music some of which you can check out here.

soundcloud.com/user-447188939/sets/demirs-soundtrack-reel

Ok, so now melee attack refills dash meter.
SEND HELP

I tried to make a racing mecha for mecha jam. Now for the dreaded UV unwrapping and texturing. And rigging. And animating.

I want to make a 3D top-down shooter, but the only language I'm familiar with is GML.

Is GameMaker really that bad for 3D? Am I better off trying my hand at Unity?

Ping(pong)
It's Pong, in 4D

Well it's technically possible so get on it

Oh shit nigga, that looks good, and a mecha racing game sounds cool as fuck
Godspeed user
Will it be ala MK/CTR where you can use weapons to hurt your opponents? Or will it be pure racing?

will this be legible when you're also -2ing the mana bar?

what if any indication is there in world space?

it does look cute and slick but consider how people will actually interact with it

i'm your prom date you ugly sack of shit
looks sicc

What engine is this?

Thanks. I'm not sure if I'll add weapons, right now I'm just focusing on making the racing actually feel good. Once that's done I'll see about adding weapons.

>Really excited about gamedev
>Load up Godot
>No ideas
>No idea on how to make idea
>Start making platformer
>It sucks total ass nuggets
>Can't even make a punch work
>No one knows how to use enemy AI (there is no such thing in Godot)
>Just give up

You guys have a good one, I didn't make it.

I want to make an elder scrolls open world RPG

Where do I start?

Rendering 3D is already a nightmare, I can't imagine rendering 4D.
Another neat idea would be one where you have 4 dimensions, but can only see 3 at a time.

I'm using SFML.

Acquiring 50 million dollars

fml that shit must have taken forever.

Am I stupid or do changes made to variables in a for loop not affect variables when they are outside the loop in Java? I've been trying to make a stat allocation system, but the variables I use aren't reading the changes made l during said loop

yes
no

Post your code. That shouldn't happen.

>Java
>Am I stupid
Yes.

>Really excited about gamedev
>Load up Godot
>Follow tutorials
>Start making game
>It sucks total ass nuggets
>Try harder
>Can't even make a punch work
>Google solutions and try harder
>Just like make game
This is how you do it. In any engine. Just do it and learn, you are shit now, but you will get better.

>No one knows how to use enemy AI (there is no such thing in Godot)
This part is just retarded though. You code your games AI just like you code gameplay. It's no different than coding AI in other engines. There are several Godot games with AI.

it is possible to visualise something 3d on 2d surface so it should be possible to do 4d in 3d

Is this a real fucking entry?

Can you not recognize an obvious satire? It's clearly not a merely bad game, it's leaning very hard into that aesthetic

Are you redeclaring them inside the loop?
Don't do that.

Here's that second character/ship I've made.
It has less tools to use, but its base movement speed is faster and damage output is bigger.
Also it's significantly weaker.

Alright, thanks for the tip. I'll be outright skipping this.

don't shit talk about binbo breast

reminder
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-17

benbo = bepis?
bepus = bbnoe?

Unless you are from the future and have a holographic display with more than a few hundred voxels, you would then need to project that 3D projection to 2D. It's better to skip the middle man and just project directly to 2D.

Languagedev

benbo is gonna use his cash $$$ money $$$ to buy the Veeky Forums from hiroshitmoot!

prefpare for the rain of thumbbtackk!

Is redownloading DRM wrapped exes from steamworks supposed to be reeeally slow?

how do you make the most fun language

What's the point? Terry already made HolyC.

There's an AI pack asset on itch, look harder scrub.

don't cuss on agdg

AESTHETIC desu

>he want's his engine of choice to create an AI for him
lol

4k VR game where you play a Gameboy holding it in your VR hands. Game is free but you have to buy virtual cartridges and batteries with real world money for at real world cost. Oh, and if you drop the Gameboy it breaks and you have to buy another one.

str = 5
pts = 5
int npts = keyboard.nextInt();
pts -= npts;

//plz no bully
for (int i=pts;i5;) {
System.out.println("Try a whole number between 1 and 5");
i += npts;
str = 5;
npts = keyboard.nextInt();
i -= npts;
str += npts;
pts = i;
}

System.out.println("Your Strength is now " + str + ". You have " + pts + " points left.");

When it runs the pts change but str doesn't. Also what do you suggest I use then

Are you sure you are a game developer?

You should take this idea to Reggie before someone steals it.

>X is pending kill from function 'function that does not destroy any actor'
>actor isn't even pending kill, never gets deleted in the test play
this is bullshit

Pong Ping. The paddles are in the center of the screen and balls enter from the edges of the screen. You have to prevent the balls from crossing over and flying out of your opponents side or they get a point.

No, I'm trying to get to that point though

>str = 5;
diploma.png
You're setting it to 5 every iteration.

There is something mentally wrong with that dev unfortunately.

That's because you're adding npts to str, then immediately in the next iteration you're reseting the value of str with
>str = 5;
Move that assignment outside of the loop and it will work.

>i5
>i5
that's (-∞, -1)u(6, ∞)

>if you drop the Gameboy it breaks
You've never held a Gameboy before.

Why do you persist? Can't you see the futility of it all?

H O B B Y

Because I choose to

what else is there to do

It's obviously artistic license.
How could you sell extras if they were as durable as the real thing?

I've never dropped a Gameboy before.

What do I set str as so it's malleable then? The first "str = 5" is just a straning point for 5 and the second is to set "str" back to 5 in case the player does something wrong again.

youtube.com/watch?v=sNgb3guusMA

wtf heartbeast one-upped my awesome spinning thing

Why are you here? Just to shitpost?

Yes. Yes he is.

You need to not set str to a constant every iteration.

>The first "str = 5" is just a straning point for 5 and the second is to set "str" back to 5 in case the player does something wrong again.
To be honest, this sentence doesn't make any sense.
Please explain what you're trying to do.

The first "str=5" was to set the default amount of "str" a player would have if they never raised it. The second "str" was in case the player inputted something that was above 5 or below 0, because at the end of the loop the "str" is raised by that number. If the player puts the wrong number in it was supposed to set it back to 5. Does that make sense?

youtube.com/watch?v=iAJ-tyiUVag
downwell guy has all yall beat

I played your demo like I said I would
Here's some feedback

>Mouse based movement and attacking
Can't say I'm a fan of these, it can be quite clunky at times, either have attacking on a separate button or include a modifier key that locks you in place like many other diablo-likes do.

If you continuously click when attacking, the hit won't detect at all and the enemy takes no damage, works fine if I just click and wait for the attack to end though.
Also if I change to fullscreen while the game is paused, the screen background turns black though I can still see the menu text, it returns to normal when unpaused.

Other than this everything else seems fine to me

Reposting recap monday video
Good luck next week everyone! :)
youtu.be/GAxRin5xzew

So the for loop is for error checking?
You should only change str after you've validated the input. Replace the for loop with a while loop that says the input is invalid until the user inputs something legal.
Then, modify str after the loop.

I've had bladder infections less irritating than your voice.

In Unity, how do you guys deal with transferring sound over to another scene?
I am using DontDestroyOnLoad(); for this, but then the problem is that this always duplicates the audio sources whenever I return to a scene.

What is the easiest way to fix this?

The

is there somewhere that musicfags can gather and do stuff?

The voice is okay but the match is too zoomed out so we can't see shit, and have to focus on the commentary.

Just use singletons, they solve every problem.

Do you really need sound to persist?
If you do, you could make the sounds spawn and play from an invisible SoundPlayer that deletes itself when it's done.

i have never felt so emasculated in my life

my game looks like fucking garbage compared to this
>Can't say I'm a fan of these, it can be quite clunky at times, either have attacking on a separate button or include a modifier key that locks you in place like many other diablo-likes do.
yeah i'm going to try converting the game to a topdown shooter so mouse movement is gone
>Also if I change to fullscreen while the game is paused, the screen background turns black though I can still see the menu text, it returns to normal when unpaused.
i know what it is and it can be fixed with a background or something, fullscreen support is broken anyway since i haven't figured out how to make it pixel perfect

Can someone smart tell me what is going on with IDE?

And why Dev-c++ weights 8mb codeblocks 80mb and visual studio 8 GB?

Check this out
boards.Veeky Forums.org/vg/agdg

If there's a janitor, pls delet

Right here my man.
Want to make some sci-fi jams for mecha jam? I think it would be fun to have a collection of music for devs entering the mecha jam to choose from.

Show me 1 good Godot game.
Please.
I want to like it so bad.

are you implying that i can do it here?

Visual Studio is 8 GB because it is the definition of bloat.

Go to the showcase. Just kidding, don't do that, it's like 8 pages of pure shit.

In game maker, is there a way to see what variables are in an object at runtime?

Or a way to insert a reference to a variable in a ds_map?

oh shit, new jofer content.

Sorry I'm not very good at public speaking, I'm trying my best, but I will try harder next week :)

Or would it be better if I didn't speak over the game and just commentated on the winning game at the end? :)

How could I improve the camera, I tried to get it to keep as much of the players in view at all times as possible, but I think you're right, it is hard to actually see the action

id love to, but i'm currently doing music for Devil Engine, it's a shame cause mecha music would be cool to do

Just buy something on steam that's under 2 EUR/USD, you have a 40% chance it's godot and .40%% chance it's good.

Is it music for a game? if so - yes.

>what is going on with IDE?
What do you mean, memory consumption? Because right now my vim autocompletion is eating 1.6GB on a new project

>poor performance
ok that's something to grab onto

actually the heartbeast method and this NIUM method are different from my thing anyway

would split screen be ok
so the zoomed out catch all cam on left
and then most recent action cam on right?

instead of examining objects for variables, you should be examining ds_maps for variables
ie obj.speed becomes mymap[?"speed"]
theres no way for a ds_map to reference and object variable and keep them in sync, without some stupid shit like wrapping all variables in arrays.

What do I do about both "str = 5" tho> Just get rid of them?

Designing a proper AI that has teamwork and covers angles would be too much, i guess, but maybe do it in another format; instead of a brawl you could make 2 teams and make them fight until half of the bots are dead. Then shuffle the teams and start again, then do it again after half of them die and so on.
Texture the map? Or better yet - color code. Bridges could be purple and the different elevation levels could have different colors.
Maybe record a demo so you can replay the fight multiple times. Set up cameras in different positions on the map and capture from them, then edit it. You can comment just once and then capture better footage of what you were talking about later. The maps are about CS:GO sized so consider the camera angles they use (outside of 1st person).

Everyone talks like a gamedev but very few actually making a game

yeah some just post disgusting furry reaction images

including yourself