/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QIjKijhv1OU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)
strategywiki.org/wiki/Ys:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished/Version_comparison#Ys_DS_.2F_Legacy_of_Ys_Books_I_.26_II
youtu.be/uEBj9P9XEJY
youtube.com/watch?v=oGEzqWGp2WA
twitter.com/ktwfc/status/908908860898869249
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want Raidou inside me

>tfw no Megaten gf

>tfw no Mastema best friend

>I fucked up the OP with title
Guess I'm a failure of a human.

Just follow my orders slav...human.

I just beat DeSu day 4
it was way easier than 3 for sure, I did no free battles and easily beat every other fight. Keisuke going nuts into extreme lawfag edgelord was great, but I still feel like everything could be worse. I also got Haru killed off lol, almost willingly I ignored her around the time of death

youtube.com/watch?v=QIjKijhv1OU fuck off mastema

What are some good demons for the final boss in iv apoc?
My main party right now is odin, vishnu and alliat. Only backup demons I have are innana and krishna.
Also should I do some of twisted tokyo beforehand?

I beat it with Matador, Inanna and Krishna

>dresses plain enough in casual clothings to not be noticable or adapt to a post apocalyptic world
>half smile despite the world about to burn
>looks approchable because he doesn't use grey lipstick and eyeliner
>watches streamers to the point where he blindly downloads unverified applicationss because they said so
>may even shill his boss' streams
>uses his phone to store the app rather than a retarded power glove keyboard
>looks bland enough to not even harm a kitten, much less kill his friends over ideological differences
>probably not an animal person
Face it, you hate him because he's the apex normalfag.

It's not about demons that much, it's about spells. Magaon, Dekaja and Dekunda are a must, or possibly the spell that resets all buffs to 0 on both sides. Then you probably want every element type possible to get the most out of press turns. I made relative easy work of it with Shiva, Lucifuge, Vasuki, Odin and a couple others, on Normal difficulty which I had to lower from Hard because I didn't have the patience to fuse perfect demons

>uses his phone to store the app rather than a retarded power glove keyboard

Fuck you, i want the old COMP back.

I am going to make a world where the JUST last forever

Is Atlus staff holding Doi back?

Sorry man, we can't keep ripping off the greatest 80/90s's scifi movies anymore. Times a changing. Now get your checkered shirt and go pay SEGA
>Devil Survivor used DS
>Apocalypse and most atlus mobile shit uses phones
Will SMTHD use a switch tablet as a comp?

Just found out matador is the only demon phys pierce so I guess I'll get him first. Innana seems kind of shit for the final boss since her hp is so low.
I've kept the difficulty on hard so that's part of why I'm having so much trouble. I get through the first phase alright but in the second I have to spend so many turns healing and buffing that I use up all my mp just to stay alive.

She did just fine on my Apocalypse difficulty run.

>the new COMP is a Switch, but instead of joycons, it slots into a power glove
I think I'd like it.

I really think Silent Prayer is the key. I did just fine until he hit you with the max buff max debuff smirk combo, there's not enough turns to fix it all

Enjoy getting none of the good endings

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_(deity)

Why hasn't he appeared as the Divine Powers superboss again? He will have the most grudge against YHVH for replacing him.

>Whitefags BTFO.
>implying
True whitefags plan to fuse back all branch universes to one, ending all suffering before it even begins.

nice? I'm pretty much picking every single edgy choice so I don't care too much, but I feel I haven't been given anything too substantial to choose as of yet.

white power

Man Persona Q 2 is shaping up nicely so far.

Apparently he can still get the Atsuro route, so he's not locked out of all of the good endings.

So what happen with Avatar Tuner 2 anyway

Phys Null, Reflect or Drain is pretty good since his phys skill is the only one that doesn't pierce. Fuse it on too many demons may cause him to not use it at all idk. My Shiva cucks his turn a lot during the fight

Magaon, Dekaja and Dekunda are a must

Is it worth playing SJ right now if I haven't before or should I just wait for DSJ and play other games in the meantime?

I hate him because he is neo-Junpei and ztd turned him into a fag.

Hello fellow losers, what are you playing this evening? Or whatever time it is, if you're a heathen.

Don't ever make a new thread again.

>published by atlus
>collector fags don't know the difference and jacked up the price

Almost done book 1.

P1 if I feel like it.

>edgy
He doesn't mean good as in happy go lucky, he means good as in worth doing/interesting

Well many dont like the new art direction so maybe you can use that as an excuse to play the original.

Not to mention DSJ wont be localized until next year so you might as well play it.

Fire Emblem Fates and Awakening, finishing Conquest and first playthrough of awakening. SMT wise im playing IV, IV A, PQ and SH.

Is that the same from PSP?

Playing through DeSu 1 and getting ass kicked. Looking forward to going full lawfag though.

GBF i started playing not too long ago and i'm really hooked

New guys gotta learn somehow.

Have fun, the law route in DeSu 1 is amazing

I didn't play the PSP or Steam versions, but I'm under the impression they're basically the same.

strategywiki.org/wiki/Ys:_Ancient_Ys_Vanished/Version_comparison#Ys_DS_.2F_Legacy_of_Ys_Books_I_.26_II

If you want something different, you'd have to try one of the pre-PC versions. I liked the MSX one, because I'm a freak I guess. I played it in Japanese because the translation is broken.

Same here

hello Persona

it's in another castle dude

persona machine broke

Who got a copy ordered to make the torrent?

Just finished Yakuza Kiwami. Going to spend the rest of the night playing more Devil Summoner or Etrian Odyssey V demo with a bit of Monster Hunter sprinkled in somewhere,.

Actually, the hardcover versions up on Amazon now officially. $25.

>torrent
Just upload it on Madokami man.

Continuing on SMT2

Need to fuse a couple different things to help with Abaddon so time for huntin' and fusin'

>Madokami
I don't even know what that is, user. I mostly buy books, so I don't do this often.

cucksona is the future of SMT

no gacha is

u gotta go back, retard

Happy weekend /smtg/. Who's ready for the dance party?

youtu.be/uEBj9P9XEJY

We simply don't know.

It was released during the past few days, you can find it on Amazon or something.

cries

That is fucking nice! How many people here have played the original Megami Tensei, or Kyuuyaku? I feel as if no one really talks about the game that started it all. But I'm glad to see that there are fans willing to put this much effort into celebrating the franchise's beginning.

a jap on twitter made that dont kid yourself

Nakajima had a rough life. The dude just wanted to atone peacefully but Lucifer had to run it in

fuck nakajima
he got what he deservered

Trying to find motivation to finish P2IS. Every time I pick it up I play for like 30 minutes and then stop for some reason or another.

I didn't imply otherwise. I mean, he's still a fan even if he is in Japan isn't he?

Legendary picture of Kenako actually being really happy.

>jack frost
>mt1

hes watching the game idiot

That's why he's outside the cube user.

Im playing KMT but havent progressed much due to my PSP being away.

Kaneko must be reeeeeing inside seeing that game uninspired demon designs

He turned himself around pretty quick and that's what counts

HE'S ALIVE?!

When I played it I posted here about it a few times. Pretty good game. MT2 had a better, and more unique boss fight theme for YHVH which made me wonder why did't SMT 2 did that?

LOSARM was a great moment and I panicked a bit when it happend it me.

Kyuuyaku is fully /ourgame/ though. See

Alright, bit of a newfag with SMT so I need some advice.

Awhile back I started up nocturne up and got to the assembly of nihlo, the section where you deal with the moirae sisters. I was greatly enjoying but over time I found less and less time to play. Eventually I started up some of the SMT games on handhelds and played through those. I have now beat some of those and want to return to nocturne but it's been proably a month or two since I played. Should I just continue from that point in the game or start over? I'm thinking I might save the labyrinth of amala for a future playthrough for time reasons.

YHVH but as the judge from ace attorney

You probably won't know what's going on in the story.
If i were you I'd look at a youtube playthrough

So in Nocturne I decided to give my Sati Anti-Ice using a Mitama. But upon being hit with Ice moves the "weakness" graphic still shows up. Was her natural weakness to Ice not nullified? Or is this just a visual bug? It's a bit hard to tell if the enemy is gaining press turns as my other characters dodge frequently.

REEEEEE TRAITOR

Anti-ice only means she doesnt receive bonus damage from that element, not that she is now inmune to it.

Anti- skills only reduce damage, they don't change your resistances.

Just use Doping to buff everyone's HP
Bring someone with phys repel/drain, and someone touse that skill that takes away enemy press turns.

I see. I just did some more testing and enemies do still gain press turns as well. Would Void-Ice on an Ice weak demon prevent press turns? Not that I'd go through the trouble for Sati. Just curious. In the Raidou games (2 for sure) the "Anti" passives actually eliminate the weakness and prevent your demons from being stunned.

KMT was my first Megaten, and I also cleared the original FC versions. Both DDS1&2 are great for their time, and KMT is a fantastic port; I especially really like the redone demon spritework. DDS2 was also probably the magnum opus of Masuko. I like his SMT, Debisama and Giten stuff, but man, this ost is fucking great.

youtube.com/watch?v=oGEzqWGp2WA

Probably going to continue playing 4F.

Yeah basically, Sati is what? Level 30+? Too early to hand out such high tier passives i say.

And yeah only Nocturne has that antiskills only reduce damage but dont void weakness, Digital Devil Saga onwards changed that.

Thanks for the info.

>tfw failing a mission after demon kills civie instantly
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I recently finished the KMT version of MTI and it's actually one of my new favorites.

Yeah, I never meant to imply I made it, or anything. Here's the guy who did it.
twitter.com/ktwfc/status/908908860898869249

MTII is even better honestly, if you liked MTI you will love MTII.

Boy, Shadow Ginko's revelations sure came out of nowhere.

Well Lisa doesn't actually know english, so maybe the broken english is intentional?

Probably, but you can't be sure because P1 and P2 have both used English somewhat and it's always been broken. I know Eikichi's English is broken on purpose because they poke fun at him for it. Also Japanese people trip over the usage of "the" pretty often.

>shin megulag tensei

Guys, does Hallelujah EVER stop being an annoying fuckboy? I just got to the part where Asahi joins you again, and I cannot fucking believe his white knighting for her. And before, all he ever did was act insecure. He's useless. I'm so sick of him. If Asahi wasn't there, he'd be the worst character.

I'm definitely going for the massacre ending.

>drugs
>compensated dating

FIRE

OF

SINAI

No. Kill them all, my godslayer.