Monster Hunter General - /mhg/

>Monster Hunter World
-MH:Worlds is coming out for PS4 and Xbox One early 2018, and eventually PC. pastebin.com/TRFRGFn1
↳Trailer 8/18: youtube.com/watch?v=ULqY6yXn2S4
↳Demo Gameplay 8/22: youtube.com/watch?v=WBg6KnkpaXU
↳Weapons: youtube.com/playlist?list=PL_ALSpmx2A8sAdeuYKMnrCt0xCpwPyPbC

>News
-Monster Hunter XX Nintendo Switch Ver. out now, region free. youtube.com/watch?v=Urb9cJcwAUA
↳3DS to Switch Save Data App: my.mixtape.moe/ezwmnj.png
-MHXX Update 1.2.0 w/ Eng Patch v4: my.mixtape.moe/glpowg.png
-Monster Hunter Stories released!

>I have a question!
pastebin.com/7Aa6HxUh
Includes links to the FAQ, weapon guides, charm info, and more.

kiranico.com/
Database with weapon trees, item locations, drop rates, etc.

sites.google.com/site/pingsdex
Same thing, in application form.

>Where does Veeky Forums play?
Create or find a Gathering Hall
Passcode: 7243
In XX, ターグット: Gathering フィールド採集 (page 1, middle right)
In Generations, Objective: Gathering
In 4U, Target: Fishing

Tags: MHWorlds, MHXX, MHGen, MH4U, MH3U, Stories, MonHun, /mhg/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-mpCJV6Ylz4
youtube.com/watch?v=pUXZrNcvwyw
monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Iceblast_Brachydios
mhxxx.kiranico.com/buki/47688
mhxx.wiki-db.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=DCrkY5nXzSA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Accel Axe for World!

youtube.com/watch?v=-mpCJV6Ylz4
youtube.com/watch?v=pUXZrNcvwyw

1st for no proof

What's your favorite aspect of Monster Hunter?

Mine is the rich lore.

Mine is the skimpy outfits.

Fuck it, you win jet dragon. I have tried many many times to kill it in the demo but every time It goes to sleep I have 1 min left and even the time I had 3 mins left I carted a 3rd time and failed. The closest I got to beating it was with guild LS after numerous attempts trying to use Brave LS and other weapon and style combinations. I am sad beyond measure that in the few months since losing my 3ds and 4U my skills have dived this far.

I want do die now.

Yeah I'm looking through the TA wiki myself and Brave LS doesn't have that many tops.
It does dominate at Azurebolt runs though, as well as running seconds in some supers after Brave HBG.
Some monsters are weaker to a particular style than others I guess.
Brave GS has the most tops out of all blademaster weapons though.

>demo
>not having the english patched full game by now
explain yourself

I want to kiss a huntress's tummy.

doggos for world!

>tfw no Monster Hunter World for Nintendo Switch

Unf

Same here

this thing doesn't look like a felyne either

monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Iceblast_Brachydios

>english patched
Call me again when switchax is out.

>paying money for a shitty port of a game you can play for free
explain yourself

Late reply but this is actually useful info
Blow really hard into the side edge of the L/R buttons if they start getting flaky
If that doesn't work, stick something thin down the back edge and wiggle it around a bit
My launch 3DS had the R button go a bit wonky a few times but those always fixed it. It's something with dirt getting onto the button contacts.

Tell me off something more boring than solo farming Ceadeus. I bet you can't.

>moon portals are black holes
>the ancients used daoras as building materials
>fatalis is a dragon god that acted out of compassion for its fellow dragons
>hunters are GMO psychopaths (after millennia of interbreeding with regular humans)
>fatalis destroys the world by existing and not by maliciously seeking out and destroying life in its hunger for bloodshed
>MH, an arcade style game that only has lore to provide context for the gameplay, is loreheavy and the lore is more important than the gameplay
>DnD moral alignments are a good and relevant way of describing characters
>monhun is an acceptable abbreviation of monster hunter
wow I learned so much today
t actual lorefag and not one of these reddit dipshits

He did say that he lost his 3ds.

>Some 3D artist at Capcom had to waste their time rendering that
Ew

My love for you sends me on a frenzy!
Don't worry, it IS contagious!
Love is blind and so am I!
You're something I can't overcome!
Once you go black...

Oh, I'm retarded.

My b.

Well I mentioned losing my 3ds so there is only one other platform I could play it on. I'm still getting XX but I'm just shocked at how far I've fallen in such a short time.

Solo farming Lao. Got a harder puzzle for me pham?

Fuck why is it's fur so goddam rare? I had many gems before I got enough fur to make the mix.

Farming for Rusted/Ancient weapons
Took me fucking 3 days to get the rusted lance just so I could make something appropriate for fighting Rajang

I'm really FEELING something for you!

Ok, I'm fucking off now.

monster hunter needs more dresses

>Only okay at MH
>Want to grind without friends so they don't get bored while playing with me
>Online is all G rank people

Anyone for Nargacuga High Rank in Generations? Looking to grab his armor set for my SwAxe.

why do you lewd your rider
riders are pure and meant to stay pure

>generations
>G rank

Sorry pho, but f a m filters to senpai, senpai

bully the Zinogre!

didn't you get the memo?
monster hunter is for pedos and zoophiles

Yeah realized that after I posted, you know what I mean, ain't nobody doing this HR5 shit.

>gfycatdotcomslashgifs/detail/GlamorousSpiritedIndigobunting

this was a mistake

What's the appeal of going back to the old games? I think about doing it sometimes but can never justify spending the time.

I have a feeling you've never played XX if you think Lance is anything but shit tier.

The only good lance has sub 280 raw and like 60 blast, which goes to 75 with bombardier and felyne pyro, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the weapon itself, you're just applying blast til the monster dies. It has no value when standing on the merits of motion values because every other weapon is much better off. Lance practically requires you get the full benefit of Enraged Guard III for a 30% attack boost, but to insure that hunter art even connects when you'd expect it requires Guard Up if not looking for moments to plant a barrel bomb L+ to give you the full boost, but Guard Up is a wasted skill detracting from offense, and if you're guarding you may as well make use a style that does well with guarding like adept or brave, but then you only get one hunter art, and if you're not running Absolute Readiness then you're throwing away damage opportunities anyway, so you cant bring enraged guard III afterall else you're juggling syncing your brave meter, HA meter, and maintaining purple sharpness; so in the end it all fuckin balances itself out towards being a shit weapon thay no amount of work can overcome its flaws to make it as reliable as other weapon types.

It's fun.

I'm playing P3rd after finishing FU. I've never played P3rd, only Tri and 3U. So far I'm having fun clearing everything in the village. It's fast and easy. PPSSPP also lets you speed up the game, so gathering quests are done in 2 minutes. No hassle. Only 2 more tiers and I'll begin the guild hall.

I guess what I'm saying is that it's just fun. Games age well, especially Monster Hunter. Well, maybe not the first one (right analog controls attacks, ugh).

I don't even think about a game being "old". It's just a game.

XX hub is up

Does anyone want to play FU or P3rd or even 3U online?

exclusive content.
every game has something you can't find elsewhere.

Making pure things not pure is my fetish.

Started a new 3U file and have been having fun with it actually. Will probably start a new 4U file since a hacker tainted my file and broke me and a few others into G1

yeah like shitty hitboxes, horrible AI, clunky weapons and disgusting fonts

you just described literally every monster hunter game

>ever using the crimson fatty lance at all
You dumb or something?
Mantis or Shredclaw, retard.
Why the fuck would you ever use a weapon that caps out at 260 raw?

Your fault for carelessly doing custom quests.

>doing Ukanlos G1
>custom quest

So how exactly did that "taint" your file?

Why? Because you can't read. Comparable status affliction to SnS with much higher status value, thats all lance is good for.

I wanted the challenge of actually fighting Ukanlos...?

tut

Then just do the quest again...?

The fuck? This is one of the dumbest shit I've heard here.

Honestly, played since PS2 days and never paid enough attention to learn about any of this. Weapon descriptions said things like cutting 1000 enemies in half or some shit and I just figured it was all filler. Too long, too cryptic, or lost in translation 5 me.

>Lance
>Comparable status affliction to SnS

You're a sick and twisted person.

It's not his fault, it's Japan's.

Regards,

Another victim of Japan

Heavy poke hits 3 times, thats 5 total in a combo.

I'm sure you have your own brand of specific autism, so please - be mindful of others.

He's not completely wrong. Lance stabs get a high chance of inflicting element and status. I think someone sometime calculated that it's as high as 33% chance per up stab. Or even higher. Lance is really good for that kind of stuff. I'm not the original poster though. Couple that with the bigger motion values for stabbing, you can do some good stuff with lances. Nothing too great though, not comparable entirely with SnS or DB.

Nice original monster design, Capcom.

>it's literally just an alligator

Quroqodile is clearly a relative of the Sharq

>Quroqodile

Please tell me this is the real name.

I just made it up, I hope the real name is even more retarded

Wouldn't be surprised .

>Striker Lance
>Having the 3-hit poke
If you're using the 3-hit poke at all then you're using the wrong style.
Also good fucking luck trying to land the third poke at all on endgame monsters.
Every status has a 1/3 chance of proccing, regardless of attacks, so lance doesn't have a higher chance to inflict status compared to other weapons.
And even then that's no fucking excuse to use a 260 raw weapon when the alternatives have 330.

mhxxx.kiranico.com/buki/47688
This is the lance the moron talked about.
>260 raw
>needs sharpness to function
>60 blast, as if that can bridge the 70 raw difference between it and Mantis or Shredclaw

bully Nargacuga!

did you watch the video? This is just a render test...

bully it repeatedly!

People are interested in MH lore because it doesn't exist

Pretty sure you're arguing with the same retard that thought the teo bow was the best in Gen because of blast application and not because it was the best raw bow and just happened by chance to have a lot of blast as well, and insisted the best skills for it did not include WE and did include bombardier.

Fatalis lance legit does more damage because of the blast than other lances, deal with it nigger. You're also more likely to land the 3 hit poke than you are a fucking dash thrust, since G monsters dont topple as much. Striker is worthless in XX, you are using the wrong style.

sure it does, you hunt a monster, give a cat some food, and then everyone cheers for you

If bladt didnt matter as much then the White Fatalis lance would be much better, as it has 40 more raw and just as much dragon as the crimson fatalis lance has in blast, and element procs on every hit rather than chance. Yet, the case is the white fatalis dragon lance is garbage compared to the blast you'll get with the crimson lance.

Blast falls off the longer the hunt goes since it takes longer to apply each time. Not worth sacrificing a ton of raw for.

People said the same thing about Dark Souls lore. I'll admit, Souls lore people are obnoxious and see shit there that isn't there. However there are hints in MH everywhere, from item descriptions to past games having stuff that hinted at a deeper story.

What is the harm at people exploring these loose ends? I don't see any wrong in it.

It's garbage because barely any monsters are weak to dragon you mental cripple.

>fatalis lance is the best and striker lance sucks
ah yes, that must be why all the lance TAs on the wiki are with striker and none of them (that I've seen) are with the fatalis lance
mhxx.wiki-db.com/

You're fucking delusional.
The only time that lance would actually work is against Jho because he takes triple damage from a blast explosion.
Not to mention Enraged Guard works off raw so the raw difference is even worse with it active.
Nobody ever uses your shitty lance except in Deviljho runs.

There's a lot more to go on in Souls and the lore accepted by the community is a lot more concrete and less grasping at straws and taking wild inductive leaps than in MH. There's some obnoxious individuals, like the people that insisted Memeaire was Gwyn's firstborn right up until Miyazaki had a boss in DaS3 named "Gwyn's Firstborn(not Solaire)," but they're comparatively inoffencive and rare compared to "fatalis is the EDW, a magical god of peace made by man to hunt bad people and lao shan lungs, that lives in a black hole on the dark side of the moon" faggots in the MH community.

Every monster is weak to dragon.

What fucking game are you playing

>for some reason NTR doesn't work with mhxx 1.2
>forgot to make hayabusa feather before updating
>can't forge the helmet with forge all cheat
>have to clear 9865982 low rank gathering quests
fucking hell

oh god what have I triggered in you user

Nigga Dragon is one of the most common weaknesses after Lightning

can't you just use a save editor

also who the fuck uses hayabusa feather anymore anyway

Even against the monster that's weakest to blast in the game, Deviljho, people would rather use Striker Lance and Hellblade.

youtube.com/watch?v=DCrkY5nXzSA

You are full of shit.

How do people have fun playing lance? This has to be the most boring weapon ever

Monsters weak to dragon:
>rathalos (not silver)
>rathian (not gold)
>kushala
>teostra
>deviljho
>Yama
>Alatreon
>Ceadeus
>Gore
>Shaggy
>Nakarkos
>Lao
>Fatalis
>Mohran
>Dingdong
>Gog
>that's it
Of those a fuirther 5 aren't in XX, and most of them are equally weak or weaker to another element. The only reason dragon isn't a basically worthless element for BMs is that some high raw weapons like black fatty GS happen to be dragon and shaggy weapons are generally solid.

Note that most of those are weak to lightning, which almost every monster is at least moderately weak to.

The most commonly hunted monsters in XX are
>Mantis (immune to dragon, weak to thunder)
>Ballfuck (immune to dragon, equally weak to literally everything else)
>Silverlos (immune to dragon, weak to thunder and water)
>Brachydios (highly resistant to dragon, weak to water, still weaker to thunder than dragon)
>Shredclaw (immune to dragon, weak to thunder)
>Hellblade (weak to water, just as weak to thunder as to dragon)
>Azurebolt (resistant to dragon, weak to ice, this one at least is immune to thunder since it's one of the few thunder monsters itself)
Seeing the pattern??

How do people have fun playing GS? This has to be the most boring weapon ever
How do people have fun playing HBG? This has to be the most boring weapon ever
How do people have fun playing SnS? This has to be the most boring weapon ever

Man after going back to 4U for a while the massive difference in particle effects in X/XX is really nuts. Didn't notice it that much when I was actually playing Gen.

In X/XX it kinda is. They took the best weapon and completely ruined it. Only SA is worse, even GS is better.

Solo TA's are retarded who fucking cares nigger.

In the past you couldn't break dragon parts without a dragon element, making it very important to have.

How did this change?

They made the particle effects look a lot slicker but they also obstruct the screen constantly and the game performs like ass. It's puzzling that now that they're moving to better hardware they're going the opposite direction and making particle effects almost invisible in World.