/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Weaponfu Edition

Doesn't have a weaponfu: >information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>/bbg/ Spelunking Club
Password = /bbg/
Create a new S/FRC chalice dungeon and beckon anons to join
OR
Use the Short Root Chalice with the password /bbg/ to be summoned or invade
(every Friday 6pm EST, anything goes)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne AR Calculator
pastebin.com/zGphv4fF

>r*ddit weapon
>weaponfu

Savescumming bolt abyssals in zgv6ezxi
Shoot me a (You) if you're interested in joining.

Congratualtions, you've ruined the thread already.

just saying the truth... -_-

Go back to your Ludwig's, shitter

>finally get the beast claws
>kill Larry for that beast hug rune
>become dogman
This shit is way more fun than being a broccoli squid. And i love being a broccoli squid

You've made a typo

The correct word is """Ludwig's"""

I could never decide, they're both so fantastic

It's moveset is pretty sick, I have to admit

>Fire beast instead of bolt

It's trash

Yea, but now that I've dedicated a character for beast claws, they've become my new weaponfu, easily surpassing the parasite.
I still love the parasite, but not as much as the claws now.

what if the moon presence was the "child of blood" that got patched out of the cord description. orphan is to willem/iosefka cord, arianna baby is to that cord, mergo is to mensis cord, and moon presence is to workshop cord.

Reminder to blank out the following

Lotte
Eggnog
Tiramisu
Faye
Katka
Cheesecake

Do your part in making this general a better place

inb4 he gets a (You)

>beast claws made from a darkveast bone
>doesn't have bolt damage from the get-go
IZZY, YOU HAD ONE JOB!

what happened to segalt?

I've played each dark souls and i'm new to bloodborne. I have questions for all you vets.

First, weapons. what weapons should i just immediately dismiss as unredeemable trash, if there are any.

Second, arcane. I wanted to do a skill and magic playthrough but i haven't found a single spell yet (how does it even work in this game). I really like the cane because of the strong charge, low stamina per swing and fast speed, when does the next good skill scaling weapon come along. I don't like the saw spear.

He became a penis
Irrelevant Izzy is a better name for her
>Natalya missing
Think I found the shitposter

Gave up on this place like anyone with sanity would.

Use whatever weapon you want, they're all viable for PvE

There are things called Hunter Tools, they are the BB version of spells.
You can make any physical weapon into an arc-scaling weapon but doing so requires a fair amount of familiarity with the gem system and farming which isn't worth the effort for a first playthrough

#
>damage for how fast it is, and it's very fast

I'm sick of this meme. The weapons in BB are painfully slow compared to DS3 weapons

Name a worse boss to get in a FRC chalice than Pthumerian Descendant aka HMPH

>First, weapons. what weapons should i just immediately dismiss as unredeemable trash, if there are any.
Literally none. The Rifle Spear is kinda bad but it's still fine

Spells come in the form of items that you quickslot. They cost varying amounts of bullets and have various damage-dealing applications with a few support ones. Your first spell will be after you get the Tonsil stone, probably your second will be after you find a hidden path in the woods and go to a new place. If you have the DLC you can go for the beasthunter saif, or wait to finish Eileen's quest

>First, weapons. what weapons should i just immediately dismiss as unredeemable trash, if there are any.

Cane
Reiter.

Try the hunter axe if you want a dark souls like weapon. The saw weapons are decent. Rifle spear seems good for story mode imo

Also chikage is like the chaos blade with a built in power within weapon art

Fug I wanna play through again with that sycthe that the final boss gives you but I don't like playing souls games on NG+

Wat do?

NG+

Ask someone to drop it for you

Ignore what he said. Get Whirligig Saw, eat beast blood pellet, hold down L2. Every boss will die in seconds.

Every

Boss.

Cane is trash compared to saw weapons and reiter is shit

Everything is trash compared to saw weapons and if you think cane and Reiter are bad then you're shit.

NG+ is fine, do it faguette

>Calls reiter bad but rifle spear good
?????

Man there's a lot of randos beckoning today it seems

Takes like 10 seconds to find a host via SRRC

If I go NG+ will I lose my chalices and ingredients for them?

Nope, chalices persist through NG+ cycles, you lose nothing going into NG+ except keys

farming Rom in v5v5
pw siderite
stairs before the fog

nope

Coming
Let me build up beast meter in phase 1 so I can kill her quicker once I get my Whirligig out, ok?

As in let you kill the spiders or be careful as to not trigger phase 2 too quickly?

Souls games have always baffled me beyond comprehension. Yes I obviously enjoy playing them but they still confuse me nonetheless:

>work your way towards maximizing your weapon, stats and acquiring your desired equipment
>game's over

inb4 pvp
inb4 ng+

This is why I use cheat engine in Dark Souls so I can start a new game with a weapon of choice. It's sad I can't do the same with Bloodborne.

I'll smack Rom with fists after we kill all spiders to get a full beast meter
Then I'll just saw her to death
Usually it's enough to get her to 1/3 HP left and teleport in place where I'll finish her off in like 10 seconds

Also I'm ringing at stairs with PW siderite but haven't gotten anything yet

Fuck off you cheating cunt.

Oh fuck good idea, I'll do the same. Sorry I gave it a go, ringing now

It makes her trivial

Also next time keep her to the back end of the place so I don't have to run there, ok? Makes us lose precious time

Got a perfect gem my dude
Still have plenty of time to spare to help you farm

For pve yes.

ayy, mine was damn good but HP depletes -4, just don't feel like dealing with that so we'll keep going. I'll need two of them anyway

as others have said no right hand weapon is outright bad, some just happen to have less practical or varied movesets that make them a bit harder to use as well as others, also Bloodborne is a lot more build specific when it comes to many weapons, some like the Saw Spear are good for almost any build, while others like the Chikage are much more limited in the builds that can use them well

kek, an interesting find, but practically no use, on we go

Lmao neat

>Spells come in the form of items that you quickslot. They cost varying amounts of bullets and have various damage-dealing applications with a few support ones. Your first spell will be after you get the Tonsil stone, probably your second will be after you find a hidden path in the woods and go to a new place. If you have the DLC you can go for the beasthunter saif, or wait to finish Eileen's quest
actually the very first Hunter's Tool you can get is the Bone from the Abandoned Workshop, which can be gotten as soon as you beat Blood-Starved Beast

found an interesting Root Central Pthumerian Labyrinth, has a Physical ATK UP +15% Droplet Gem in the first layer's bonus area(haven't explored the rest of it yet though)

Glyph: v8inz7a8

How much beasthood do you have?
I recommend having 250+, preferably 300+ for maximum damage
That's neat. Especially for getting a decent gem for triangle slot for new characters
A similar Central Pthu with droplet gem is aaub3r8g
Layer 1 pre-area treasure

I could probably have more. I'll check and adjust the savescum if it's terribly low

>Gehrman uses a scythe as his main weapon
What a "great" hunter.
No wonder none of his followers, or any other hunters for that matter, use his weapin. They all knew it was retarded as fuck.

How accurate is this picture?

..yeah gonna get more beasthood right quick

Oedon isn't an Amygdala
He has no form

If i buy the bloodborne complete edition do i still get to play online with people that own the regular version+DLC? Can I still play with /bbg/ or are there different servers like with DS2 and DS2:SoTFS?

Same server, user. You're good

Exact same servers
No BS shenanigans like DS2 and SOTFS

Buy it man but I think it's cheaper (and better imo) to buy Bloodborne used on disc THEN buy dlc
But do what you want m8

Simon was laughed at for using a bow, which is one of the oldest hunting tools in human history

Neato, thanks

Ringing, Nat

Physical used copies are extremely rare where I live, for some reason. im just waiting for a sale on psn

Arcane twink an option or whirligig best for twank action

You can definitely do a Kos twink with flat gems for L2 memery or flat arc wheel

very sorry I can't believe my BoM is worse than my Rakuyo as they are but I'll switch back

Is there an arcane church pick build or is it just skill?

>get an abyssal JUST as I die from a Romlette

Feelsgoodman

You can convert it to arc-scaling with some Cold Abyssals, yeah

Bare minimum stats
50 arc
Cold Abyssal for radial and triangle (with +15 second star), and an elemental gem for waning slot

I swear I'm not bad

In a world of automatic pistols, a bow is a silly weapon to choose.
Also, a bow is an actual weapon. Scythes were not designed to be used as weapons. Do you know how quickly a scythe would break if you used it in a battle? Even peasants back in the day weren't dumb enough to do that. No, they turned the blade around to face outward, essentially turning the scythe into a makeshift halberd/spear.

Tampanon here
>Farming blunts
>Dog has to shit so I take him out
>Some 18 year old is suddenly just sprinting at me drunk wobbling
>Sidestep he fucking falls and hits the side of the staircase head first full sprint
>All of his 18 year old friends follow while freaking out
>Kids name is apparently Devon
>Devon is knocked the fuck out and unresponsive
>Vomits on himself
>Devon either has a serious concussion or serious alcohol poisoning
>Go inside and get EMT roommate
>We walk back in and Devon's friend is trying to life him by his hoodie effectively hanging and choking him
>Yell at him to stop
>He drops Devon and his head hits the pavement full force again
>Devon vomits again and is now bleeding
>Freshman girls screaming
>Call ambulance
>18 year olds call me an asshole and say they can handle it
>Ambulance and police show up and break up party
>Devon goes in an ambulance, one of the EMTs audibly says "What the fuck did they do?"
>Cops go to talk to neighbors throwing party
>They try to fight the cops because drunk
>They get arrested
>Start farming blunts again

Sorry for the blogpost but what the fuck

One word: Florida

Nat let me take a quick break, I'll post when I'm back. it should go quicker then

Alright
Gonna go buy more pellets and maybe kill a few shitters in Mensis

yeah it is pretty neat, Layer 2 didn't have anything anywhere near as neat, although after going through all of it(including the pre-boss bonus area) and beating the boss(a Keeper) I did come out of it with about 25,000 Blood Echoes, which is a pretty decent haul

who would /bbg/ describe as the Florida Man of Bloodborne's cast of enemies and NPC's, personally I'd nominate either the Rolling Watchers or the naked Wheel/Cannon/Ardeo Hunters you occasionally see in the dungeons

How long have you been back?how long was your power off?

My power is still down.and my phone is at 5% power

>2 (yous)
Wew

Yeah that is a nice haul, user. aaub3r8g was pretty similar

I personally agree with rolling fatties as the Florida Man of Bloodborne

I got power back yesterday. I was a higher priority since I'm near USF but it was off for 4 days. I don't understand how people lived here before AC

There's a reason why Southerners on a porch is a stereotype

>don't understand how people lived here before AC

Tell me about it. I haven't been able to sleep this whole time. It's just laying down for a while and waking up every 30 minutes or so to wipe the sweat from out of my eyes

But it appeals to weeby dex fags

OFF TOPIC.

If you faggots want to cyber sex take it to private messages.

Bloodborne discussion is the only thing tolerated here.

anyone mind helping with laurence?

password is bbg, ringing at fog

ty albatross

okay so far Layer 3 has been a whole different beast, the bonus area has a really nasty surprise in the form of 3 of those dagger ghosts showing up if you open a certain chest

also I need help with this layer's boss(Hot Dog), ringing near fog door, password is kosm

What is the best starting class for a 30 arc 30 str build? Cruel Fate?

I'll SRRC in m8
You'll know me by my (lack) of footwear and HMLS
Yes

thanks I'll be waiting

Wait by the lamp, ok?
It helps SRRC proc

Still searching btw

Call the cops. They won't get here before I'm done with you boy

Still there user?
Haven't found you yet
Considering running the chalice until L3 since it's taking forever

>(lack) of footwear
On the dirty dungeon floors? Disgusting. Ready for Rom when you are, btw

Uhh sure

Still haven't connected to the user yet though...I'm not sure if they're at the lamp or even beckoning