Post-Irony

Is it a bad or good thing?

Shifting from a sarcastic view of something to a sincere view?

I heard someone make the point that a lot of Veeky Forums users are post-ironic fags.

post-iron age

I can't think of any good examples at the moment but it seems to be a way that people are increasingly becoming more accepting of radical ideologies. It wouldn't surprise me if the same people as who as kids made "In Soviet Russia..." or antisemitic jokes are tankies or fascists now.

New Sincerity is not really a thing. Hell, its a reaction to postmodernism which isn't really a thing. Modernism never ended.

>modernism never ended

also post-irony /= new sincerity

I thought post-irony was self-aware irony?

I never understood why it was considered ironic, I consider it satirical.
Someone here who can tell me why it is called ironic?

I don't understand the whole modernism/post irony shenanigans, can someone point me in the right direction?

might as well be called post-cinical

once a indvidual is formed in a enviroment saturated with irony and cinicism this becomes integrated, it becomes the base, the zero level

someone with a 'pre-ironic' sincere attitude confronted with some issue would go into that issue taking sides and making moral judgments and naively taking shit seriously

someone with a ironic/cinical attitude would just make fun of the thing relativisng it all into absurdity and generaly avoiding any serious confrontation, while repeatedly asking for justifications and legitimisation as if these had a base in anything, only to get more fodder for ridicule and relativisation

post-ironic, or post-cinical attitude allready presuposes everithing is relative, truths are all mish mash memes, everithing is fundamentaly bullshit and so on, from that position no legitimisation is necesary, and justification is just a good enough reason, any will do, many can be provided, things are judged if in any way then only in how they operatively relate to each other, what they do, what the results are

for example, a sincere/naive attitude would be - this is my ancestral land and the country of my people and in our nation state we have a right and a duty to maintain our borders and decide who we want here

a ironic attitude would then be - lel borders are arbitrary made up shit and every nation is a political and ideological concoction and every people lives in any place only temporarily

a post-ironic attitude the is - yes, temporarily, as in right now, now fuck off before i smash your face in

It's far superior to both the shitty cynicism of irony and the naivete of pre-irony. Patrician's choice, really.

>tfw you realise the Korean knitting forum you frequent is actually the very tip of the avant-garde

This post-cynical point of view relate very well with classical pragmatism, n*1 contribution of the US to philosophy.

We're actually post-post-post ironic.

now youre just being post-post-post-post ironic

Can you elaborate on that ?

Okay, now I'm fucked.

We moved past post-irony by turning it on its head and making it ironic again. Then we switched back to sincerity. The best way to view it is through the evolution of Pepe the frog.

>post-ironic, or post-cinical attitude allready presuposes everithing is relative, truths are all mish mash memes, everithing is fundamentaly bullshit and so on

Or that all the bullshit memes are truths and so is everything else.

For example, the left and the right (politics). I believe that both will take you to success and progress but the difference will be in the means of getting there.

With the far right, like in the case of the nazis, progress occurred. Scientific progress. They had progressed so well that US took some of the nazi scientist as their own (c. Project Paper Clip). They definitely contributed to the US winning the space race.

And this.

I noticed there were a lot of gommies on here and I can't tell if they're ironic or satirical or dead serious.

Classical pragmatism?

Isn't that (more or less) assessing the truth or validity of something relative to it's success?

You're not insinuating that poltards actually believe in kek are you?

80 percent does not believe, the remaining 15 percent almost, 4 percent actually believe, 1 percent are schizophrenics.

>someone with a ironic/cinical attitude would just make fun of the thing relativisng it all into absurdity and generaly avoiding any serious confrontation, while repeatedly asking for justifications and legitimisation as if these had a base in anything, only to get more fodder for ridicule and relativisation

So can an ironic/cynical person hold actual convictions?