docs.google.com/document/d/1eKXbdEr6jnTG5DcMQX2qcMlsmYQ8hO6Sl3-sySYpHR4/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/FiDXYjfs

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/Rtb5w9yS

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/tehcGm75

>BLOODBORNE
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz
Bloodborne discussion is welcome here, but you'll get more help in their general: >KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>COMMUNITY
Discord (READ THE README BEFORE JOINING): discord.gg/C3AX2Hk
Player list: pastebin.com/9hG50KHX
Steam group: steamcommunity.com/groups/DarkSoulsGeneral

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2cDvcYCWmiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2 is the best game in the series

>tilted on those fuckers for a solid hour and a half on my first time because I couldn't figure out the pattern behind the teleports
>subsequently put at least two more characters through them with minimal difficulty, including at least one NG+ fight
>tilted on them for yet another solid hour and a half on my Faith build in my fourth character because I kept getting roll-caught during the homing soulmass into teleport move
I don't care what anyone thinks, Homoprinces is not an easy boss.

Unless you have 60 Faith, it's generally not considered a true Faith build. You can do decently with healing Miracles and utilities like Blessed Weapon, Dorhys' Gnawing and Vow of Silence, but at that point you'll not want to invest past 18 Attunement. May as well hit 40 Str and take advantage of various Str-only weapons like Ledo's or PUGS.

You can do decently with various Str-Fai weaponry like Wolnir's, Earth Seeker and Dragonhead Greatshield, and Lightning/Blessed infusions are your friends, but you also lack the flexibility of other hybrid builds (Dex-Int, 30/30 Int/Fai). It's tough, but blame Tanimura for killing hybrid builds.

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

On the way back I feel off a ledge!!!!

SO FUCKING MUCH FOR FOLLOW THE GLOWING ORBS

FUCKKKKKK

AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm just going to homeworld bone after every boss from now on, fug this

rest in piss

W E W
L A D

And this, boys and girls, is why the game is not balanced for duelfaggotry. Sorceries, and anything larger than a greatsword, will never ever hit passive shitters.

>Avelyn and Spamsword
No sympathy for you, I'd pay you 100 souls to fuck off forever.

if you aren't SL80 and past anor londo there's no reason you should possibly be in that area

there's no penalty to giving up the souls, it's faster to get more souls than to reclaim the ones you lost

>level to 300
>still cant kill midir
it's not fair
why is split damage so shit
why does it have so much hp
why is its whole body a hitbox during its melee bumrush
it's like gaping dragon but ridiculously hard

If you go 40 fai, drop str to 24 (or even 16 if you don't mind having to 2hand all the time) and go blessed. Keep your 34 end. As for offensive miracles, lightning arrow for ranged harassment. No damage boosting rings, just sage. You're not going to kill anyone with it, just condition them
>learn the enemies of the area pretty well
>construct a plan to avoid all of them with minimal damage taken
>nope, eat shit
I agree that areas are too easy to run through but having to face every single enemy each time you want to attempt the boss only adds tedium. Having you be able to be damaged/backstabbed but not staggered out of the animation (unless you get backstabbed of course) would be good enough I think

Found the magic shitter.

Nah, Greatsword and Scythe, spamsword only for PvE, weak pyromancy for PvE. Shitheads like you actively make PvP worse.

I mean you can make an argument on that but the guy in the webms shoots sorceries and spams R1 when he could've rolled out multiple times before getting hit, that's just getting punished for being an idiot.

Im glad i made your experience worse. Every time i get the opportunity to shit on fags like you it fills my heart with joy.

I know you're given the tools to be an annoying little shit who isn't fun to fight, but do you seriously get any satisfaction from it? Do you get satisfaction from it because you used to be the guy you were fighting in the webm, and are retroactively getting revenge by being that same annoying shit that made you stop having fun?
t. Greatsword/Shield user

how can you possibly be dying still? Level 300
>equip raw claymore or longsword
>cast flash sweat or great magic barrier
>just generally hang around the head area
>if he moves at all, roll sideways and keep spamming roll
>when he's done attacking, unload a few R1s into his head
>then run between his legs. When he gets up to do his fire, just run past his tail and it won't hit you
>when he uses his laser in the second phase, run left, then forward to dodge each beam. Unload your stamina bar into his head.
>literally Ancient Dragon x Vordt, if you can beat these two, you can beat Midir
>repeat for 20 minutes

Midir isn't that hard at all, the strategy to beat him is the same for every class. Pure physical, attack only the head

Yes i do enjoy it quite a bit. Mages are the hugest fags in the universe and everytime i can fuck them over is a time i wont miss.

>no dragon shield fire breath
>no unlocked firebombs
>no sun princess hardswap
>no blesstus
we can go deeper

Red pill me on Collector's Edition with SotFS, friends. I don't want to do anything explicitly asshole-ish, but due to the sale I wish to drop myself stacks of CREOs so that I can invade people with this dude. Is there a safe method, and if so please elaborate on it.

>comparing to ancient dragon
>repeat for 20 minutes
>the strategy to beat him is the same for every class
so it's a shit boss then

but that video proves that you're the only thing more shit than a mage

drop something with item swap and change it to CREOs, and if you are paranoid do it offline

Anything that kills mages is great in my book. Id rather not have to chase the faggots down the entire match while they run away like pussies.

Yes, but not an impossible one.

there's basically no excuse possible for not being able to beat NG midir at SL300, unless you have 99 luck and vit.

I'm past Anor Londo but I'm SL50

where should I go instead? Grand Archives? These skellies are driving me nuts

Technically there is Pestilent Mercury if you have 30 Int.

>have trouble beating a boss
>"It's not me, the boss is shit!"
Midir is hard, but not impossible. You just need to git gud. Use a fucking shield if you have to.

>Final area is the same as DS1
>Final boss is the same as DS1
Why would they think this is a good idea? If I wanted to beat Gwyn again I'd go play Dark Souls.

Any better? Filianore for the passive regen WA, I could drop Vow of Silence for Med Heal and Bountiful Light, and use Canvas instead.

>SL50

You're pretty underleveled.

Try going back to undead asylum then painted world. Painted world is the best soul farming area. Lost Izalith and Duke's Archives are also generally easier than tomb of the giants.

Any tips for my build? Started as a warrior, just got the game from a friend but I also played Dark Souls and Bloodborne.

Not sure what luck does

also doing darkroot basin/Sif and New Londo is much easier at your SL than tomb of the giants

Bumps your item discovery, not really important unless you desperately want to farm the set from some particular enemy. If you have a hollow gem infused weapon it will scale with your luck. Other than that I honestly don't know if there's more, never built around it.

>SL98 for no fucking reason
>making a "build" for your first playthrough
just play the game and stop worrying about shit like that. Don't plan it out until you've beaten it blind at least once.

You can press select from the menu screens to see what stats do.

Just got an ear lads.
WHAT A RUSH.

Except that you can't just press L2 to win.

You don't technically need 28 Str, 27 is perfectly fine. Your ring loadout I'm more concerned about though, you don't really need to sink a ring slot for Sage's +2.

Are you using FUGS? No real reason to level Str that high, since you can two-hand it with 34 Str. And your Endurance is ass.

Shit nigga I've gotten like 11 in the past two days.

>first playthrough, have played Demon's Souls years ago
>rocky start, getting used to the combat
>get through Undead Berg, hit dead end in Undead Parish
>attempt the Catacombs
first ragequit
FUCK necromancers and FUCK skeletons, holy fucking shit

I don't know, I'm just trying to hit the caps.

How much end you suggest?

I just killed it with pestilent mercury, good idea
I'm a melee sorc build (mlgs) and it's just ridiculously slow to kill it with only physical openings even at 700+ split AR
I do fine against Friede and Gael but Midir is a lot less enjoyable

The cap for Str is 40. No reason to go above that unless you're going into PvP and are doing a 66 Str build.

Endurance is best leveled to at least 30, with 40 as the soft cap. Especially on a Str build where your ultra weapon is going to eat up a shitload of stamina per swing.

Okay I see, I'll go to painted world then, then Sif, then New Londo and then Duke's Archives and Lost Izalith, thanks a lot user, I was being driven mad down there but thought I just needed to git gud

What would you suggest I replace sage ring with? I also just had a couple points to spare, figure I'd get 28 str for shits. If they would be better served somewhere else, I guess I could drop a point from vig and str?

Ok, thanks. So far the game seems really easy, even if I'm still getting used to tricking with triangle instead of L1, the enemies barely react

you're not supposed to be there you dummy

>tricking
Grab the ass and buttstab the skellies or just bumrush the necro. Or just study the area a bit and attempt some jumps

You should get a bow so you can snipe the Necromancers from range.

The main thing I'd question is, what are you doing with all that Vitality? You can just put on Havel's +3 and it'd let you fashion however you want while also increasing your overall poise. Wolf Ring is not that great of a ring, if you replace it with Havel's you could cut down Vit and shove the points into places like Endurance and maybe even try to get Str to 40 for one-handing.

As for Miracles, keep in mind that even if Med Heal doesn't do that much it's still more efficient than orange Estus. You don't need to be 60 Faith to be a healslut, you need it if you want to chuck lightning and for that lighting to actually hurt. You can even use it in duels for wonky shit.

Keep in mind that DaS3 is basically the sloppy seconds of Bloodborne shoved into the Souls universe (literally, riposting a big enemy with a bare hand recycles the visceral attack animation). Gameplay is nowhere near as fast, but you are encouraged to play carefully since there's no such thing as rally and you can't pick up free heals from the things you kill.

What dead end did you meet in Undead Parish user? And also you're not supposed to go to catacombs until wayyy later

oh really. That would explain a lot I suppose. I managed to kill the first necromancer (after the bonfire one) so I thought maybe I could make it little by little, but after an hour of repeated attempts i couldn't take it anymore

it would definitely make sense. Where should I go after killing Taurus Demon and the pig in the Parish? Oh, and I killed the the dude who dances and summons a bunch of zombies in the church area of the Parish.

Should I try to get past the bridge wyvern?

>Oh, and I killed the the dude who dances and summons a bunch of zombies in the church area of the Parish.
That's where you're supposed to be. Did you miss the ladder there?
If you get past the wyvern, you'll just end up back where the pig was.

You understand me

I noticed roll has become really easy. I'm 60% and still fast rolling, feels like the recovery is even less than BB's dodge, without the penalty of increased damage.

Also I got a guy out of jail and he just teleported away. I feel like I got tricked.

I must've missed the ladder. Pretty typical of me, I'm retarded. I'll head back over there after a little break, it's definitely heartening to know I'm not a total shitter and that I wasn't supposed to be in the catacombs.

There should be two ladders nearby the room with the dancing prick

If you get stuck again read ahead: it leads to a boss (make sure you upgrade your weapon before you attempt it though)

Eventually you'll find a key that'll allow you to open a door near the bridge where the praise the sun guy is (Solaire), go there next

I'm certainly not your "nigga"

Yeah, many consider the game up to farron keep to be an extended tutorial. The guy is in firelink
And it's called 2handing, you are not altering the weapon

Why do yyou guys say sorcery is bad in 3? I've killed most endgame bosses (after Princes) on my first or second try during my first playthrough. Am I just overleveled? Finished the base game at lv90 and just hit lv100 after AoA (Friede took a few tries). Currently reached the Demon Prince and I just keep running out of estus.

There's a reason it's called Roll Souls 3. You have the same bullshit powerful roll all the way up to 70% equip load. And even going below 30% only nets you a bit of extra roll distance.

It's not the PvE that Sorcery is bad for. Literally anything works for PvE outside of fat-rolling builds.

>It's not the PvE that Sorcery is bad for.
I see, that makes sense. Whenever I get summoned for PVP I just use crystal soulmass and melee the fuck outta them because spells are just too slow. Also crystal magic weapon not being stackable with magic infusion is a big step back from 2.

>because spells are just too slow.
And there you have the problem. If you're doing a Sorcery build in PvP, expect 99% of your soul arrows and spears to miss unless the other guy is being distracted or cornered.

>Also crystal magic weapon not being stackable with magic infusion is a big step back from 2.
Lots of design decisions in 3 are big steps back from 2.

Anyone on PC good against the Dancer? I could use some help. Password is dsg in front of the Vordt boss fog wall.

I'll bring my Gnaw slut and drain her dry.

Lewd, but appreciated.

It becomes good endgame, but early you hit like a wet noodle and got no HP and the enemies close gaps like they're on coke. To the point were the most effective way to go about it is to keep around 30 int or so and only use pestilent, hidden body and spook with storyteller's. At least until you get all your gear going
IMHO the best sorcery setup is pursuers, soul dregs, homomass (not crystal) and gsa, maybe deep or great deep soul, whichever has the highest damage/cost ratio. Just keep spamming shit at different speeds always mixing up. It makes it a nightmare to dodge such a barrage of faggotry
youtu.be/2cDvcYCWmiM

>heal can be cancelled
>poisecasting is a thing

Why can't sorcerers have nice things too

Have you killed Emma yet? I can't help you with Dancer unless that fight has been triggered.

Sorry, I was down by the vordt door. Thanks a bunch! I don't suppose I could ask for some bleed power against Oceiros and Gundyr?

Oceiros you can beat with just a 100% physical block shield, Champ is a lot harder and I'm not sure I could be of much help at beating him at low SL even with my greatshield dude.

Are you after something specific at low SL? If you just want rings/weapons/armor, you could just ask for someone to drop them for you.

I'm trying to keep around SL 20 to farm for Darkmoon items. I just want to get the Darkmoon Blade to clean up the achievements. I need things like FaP ring, Prisoner Ring, and Hornet Ring to help with that, all behind Gundyr, but I doubt anyone would drop valuable rings like those.

>scabbard goes away when you put out your weapon

WHAT'S THE POINT

Savescumming is a thing. Go kill Vordt to disable invasions at High Wall, then go to the High Wall bonfire and I'll drop a red sign.

No idea what savescumming is but I'm at High Wall and Vordt is long dead.

Holy shit dude! thank you!

I back up my save. Then I give you shit. Then reload my save. You get free shit, while I lose nothing.

This game really gives me the creeps sometimes...

Gotta learn to do that for others. Thanks again!

What sl are you?
You're only at quelaag but you already have 40 END, around 20 vit, at least 24 str and FaP, I can't even say NG+ because estus +2

It looks cool when 2handing your other weapon. A pity that 2handing most things that are sensible to have in your offhand looks ridiculous
>no dual wield greatswords for aesthetic as FUCK back cover

Might have just gone back there on his way down to Demon ruins after Anor Londo.

Oh I'm SL58, I missed this covenant on my first time down here though so I thought I'd come down here to get the chaos fire orb thingy and the warp location, progress wise I just beat O+S

>scondary weapons aren't visible

Where would they go?

in the same black hole where you keep all your items

the bum?

>how can you possibly be dying still? Level 300
Because unlike in most RPGs, Souls stats aren't as important and being max level won't necessarily make things much easier if you can't memorize a shitty boss's patterns like Shiteater Midir.

You mean on your person? Every slot should have slightly different positions on you. There are 3 places weapons are placed, right? Front of the hip, back of the hip, back. Maybe slightly alter the elevation and/or angle for each. And bring back gshields being slung from (side they are on) to (the other) like in 2 instead of always right to left causing clipping with over the shoulder weapons. Of course we can't expect them to fix all clipping at all times but at least put some effort
>can't beat a boss that punishes his shitter practices
>instead of adapting and seeing what he's doing wrong, he calls the boss shitty
You're not only a horrible player but a shitty person as well

>>instead of adapting and seeing what he's doing wrong, he calls the boss shitty
I'm a different guy and I beat the boss, it's still a bad boss.
Even put up a youtube video of it.
Fuck off.

Why is /dsg/ so mean today?

>level to 300

Sure sure. Tell me then, what part of the bossfight is shitty?

god you are such a gigantic faggot

>Duelkeks

It's all in the pastebin in the OP (section 7e).

And for reference, you can still get the benefit of early access to blessed Weapon, Magic Barrier, Bountiful Light and Sunlight Straight Sword on your Faith build, should you choose to run the gauntlet into Lothric Castle. It should make getting DMB slightly easier.

Does any good Samus Aran sliders exist?

Which game? For what it's worth it's nearly impossible to get genuinely blonde hair in Dark Souls 3.

>at firelink in ds3 trading with pickle pee
>drop Caitha's Chime to get whatever
>spam b to get out of the menu
>accidentally backstep off the rafter and die without being able to polick up the item
Guess it'll have to wait till ng+2 then, didn't have silver cat ring equipped because I'm never sure what heights I actually survive it seems really inconsistent.

What's there to do in ng+ in ds3 except for the things I missed on my first run?
I'm Sl 130 and went quality with a bit of vitality for fashion and attunement for Chameleon also got some faith to be able to use DSS.
Should I respec and look into pvp and invasions?
Sadly can't post my build because I'm phoneposting from work.

Firelink rafters is instant death even with Silvercat

>spam b
Just press start. At 130 you'll rarely find invasions. Chameleon is worthless, you can use white branches. Go summon Hodrick if you haven't killed both the sage and watchers

Ok, good to know.
Can you explain to me how it decides whether I survive a fall or not?

>get invaded in Undead Settlement
>making way to Giant Tower at that time
>do really stupid running around in circles montage to finally run into them
>do a wave, invader does the same
>begins to motion for us to kill the pot guys across the bridge
>draw one out with a bow, since there's no way in hell I'm getting my back anywhere near a red phantom
>summon dies from pot toss
>kill the pot guy and begin to try and fight the invader
>keeps trying to get me across the bridge, attempts to backstab with a dagger when I get close
>parry kings with caetus until he just stops and BC's

Do invaders honestly expect hosts to trust them?