/rateeachothersbookcase/

It's a /rateeachothersbookcase/ thread.

Why are books so goddamn expensive? Seriously, OP is worth like 300 euro. It's insane. I wish I didn't hate e-readers so goddamn much.

> fell for the robert kiyosaki meme

No offence, but your bookcase needs to be burned.
Steve jobs?
Elon Musk?
Networking?
Rich Dad poor Dad

TRASH
Instead of worshipping some retards and following their way, I wanna see books that help you make your own way. Burn your shit, and go out and buy this ancient book:
" How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life" by Alan Lakein. $5-10 paperback, this book will save your life.

Kek, what's wrong with learning about some of the greatest innovators of our day? What is wrong with learning about networking?

>Steve jobs
Actually pretty decent.

Does the steve jobs book explain how he basically jewed other people by stealing ideas and then kept jewing the general public with overpriced tech sequels?

Half my books are at my college dorm and half are at home right now, but my biz books collection is:

The Intelligent Investor
Irrational Exuberance
How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes
One-Day MBA in Finance and Accounting
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Think and Grow Rich
The Art of the Deal
Bachelor Pad Economics

Sounds nice, I've got a couple of those myself. Reading How To Win Friends And Influence People right now, so far a great read. Think and Grow Rich has too dry for me.

In the How To Win Friends And Influence People way:
I don't want to disturb you as I am sure you have better things to do. However, if you have the time, could you tell which of those books you would recommend me the most? Thank you so much for your reply!

Also OP, books are cheap as fuck on Amazon. I get my books by going to a chain store like Barnes & Noble, browsing the business books, putting the title in my phone, and going home and ordering on amazon. You should also look in thrift shops, which is where you can find business math and statistics textbooks. I'm not too into biographies, but you seem to be, and thrift stores have a shit ton of biographies.

I specifically ask my family amazon cards when it's my birthday, so I can rack up gift cards, and basically order free books.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definetly look into Amazon for The Netherlands because right now I have 15 books on my to-buy list and that's around 500 euro. I need to cut that down.

Cheers mate

No problem!

Honestly, Intelligent Investor may be regarded as "the book" for beginner investors, but it is very dated. The principles are the same today, but it is very old school. The commentary is very helpful because the other author provides more recent real world examples of what Graham is talking about.

Irrational Exuberance talks a lot about behavioral finance, and how it affects the stock and real estate market as well as other things. I'm almost finished with it, and I'll admit that some parts can be more interesting than others, it can be a good read.

How an Economy Grows is one of my favorite books on the list. It's very simple to understand because it's written like a children's picture book. The author has very hardcore Libertarian/Austrian beliefs, but I'd recommend it.
I haven't started "One Day MBA" but I got it at a thrift shop for $3, and it has good reviews.

Honestly I'm not too big on "self help books", but my dad got me "think and grow rich" and carnegie's book. Think and grow was dry like you said, but I might revisit it down the line.

Art of the Deal was good because I like Trump and find him somewhat fascinating (shoot me). It's entertaining, but don't expect to learn about how to get good in real estate.

Bachelor Pad Economics is coming in the mail this weekend, but I'm very excited. I am a huge fan of the author, Aaron Clarey, and his Youtube channel. I don't agree with everything he says, but he really helped me get my life in shape recently, so I'd check out his channel first.

Hope that helped.

>Why are books so goddamn expensive?

because you're a retard who can't figure out how to buy used books

That's bullshit. It's hard finding second hand books that I like because most are old business books. Also, I prefer books that are translated to my mother tongue. The second hand books I CAN find are only a couple of euro cheaper than brand new ones.

who the fuck even buys books anymore? how many of those have you read more than once?

About a third, another third I haven't read yet and the last third I've read once.

Why does it matter how much times I read a book? I dislike e-readers like I said in the OP.

They aren't. I can buy many books for practically nothing. The other day I bought eight business texts for $4. Look in better places.

This book gives you a better net return.

>Buying some shill self help book instead of a book from someone who has experience

okay user

>business math and statistics textbooks
Do you know some decent ones, fellow user?

>paying for something you can get for free online
It's like you want to stay poor

>fell for the Kiyosaki meme...

Literally changed my life. Cashflow online is free and i spend $600 for a biz tier pump and dump sales class to the tune of AT LEAST 10k and 2 classes. I used to sell and i was like 4 fucking seconds from being the only one out of the surprise stopwatch playing the cashflow game... all of the advisors got out but were over aggressive and practice at least weekly. I had a table full of 8 autists that wouldnt listen and will die poor and got a free autographed book from a teacher there. ...not sure if sold or legit but keeping an eye on him. Reguardless we are now in contact and i have access to money and a pro in 1 feild and he has access to $50-$100 per hour specialized work for the price of a shit motel, case of beer a day, and materials from me.

Gonnna be the 1% of the 1% to get rich amd shitpost here...

Fuckit. The retard cuck below i taloe sgit on rdpd. Digging 6k archive for my ahitposting pic. I have near all richdads books and others and nobody will fucking listen. DO NOT LISTEN TO KEK FAGGOTS THAT ARE POOR. I am poor bit i want to halp and not be. Keep going
No matter what. Move foward no matter the cucks. Get rich or dy trying not a meme. Try amd get ritch or die old and poor knowing u tried harder than anyone u know... ima find my shitpost pick or find my storage tup with books i fucking swear

Littereally made my heart happy. I have personally wagecucked and got 40 copies of rixh dad and NOBODY will read it..

I don't have much knowledge on this type of stuff, actually. I picked up a book last weekend at a thrift store called "Statistics for Management and Economics" by Mendenhall and Reinmuth simply because it looked interesting.The edition I have is from the early '70s, so there might be more recent additions. I think it's decent, and I'm enjoying it so far, but there's probably better ones. Veeky Forums has a list of math books that they recommend, so I'd check that out.

Like I said, just go to a thrift store's book section, and they'll have a shit ton of reference books. Just look through them, and see which ones you like.

Here's another tip: A thrift store by a university will have a shit ton of textbooks to choose from.

Hope that helped.

ever heard of a library? or second hand bookstore?

thanks, will ask mommy to drive me around these bookstores x33333

My bookcase:

Il Principe (The Prince) - Niccolo Machiavelli
Ta eis Heauton (Meditations) - Marcus Aurelius
Hitler - Ian Keshaw
1984 - George Orwell
C# Yellow Book - Rob Miles
How to win friends and influence people - Dale Carnegie

i used to read ebooks but found it hard to pay attention so i started ordering paperbacks, if anyone has suggestions feel free to comment (im more interested in politics/science/bussines, not self help/investing books)

Buy books from amazon.com og amazon.co.uk they are way cheaper than buying in Europe. You would need to understand english though

Have you looked on amazon marketplace? They have many used books that are very cheap

I haven't read it yet, but I plan on picking up "Trust Me, I'm Lying" by Ryan Holiday. It looks really entertaining and is obviously pertinent to the coverage of the election cycle.

Thanks, it seems interesting

2nd this. Amazon even has used books cheap. I ised to get the 3 book deal on ised ahit at hastings. Rarely find anything wrong with it and 1/2 price

Nah man expand it. Just buy the best ones as u go and never be able to buy them all until u rich

I got a 10 foot tall stack of personal finance and investing books. I dog ear the pages and highlight interesting shit. Sometimes i with thumb through only reading that or rereading a part i didnt really grasp. Sometimes i will reread the whole book. Been through them all at least 3 times because im poor and dont have more. Working on it