/srg/ - Speedrunning General

speedrun.com
speedrun.tv

I think there is being created a false impression that Todd's 5.51 Dragster time is the end all, and be all of Twin Galaxies. Twin Galaxies for the most part is about high scores. I repeat it's mainly about high scores. Believe it or not, when the speed running community was mainly part of Twin Galaxies, they didn't rule the roost. They have never had the throne at Twin Galaxies.
Now back to Todd's 5.51 Dragster score. I highly suspect from all the evidence weighed in, that Todd's time is not real. But hey, how about for the sake of argument we say that Todd's score is real. Let's call it the perfect time. From what I understand this is not about how fast you press the buttons or stick. This is simply about timing. That's all it's about. Timing.
You now what's also about timing? Guitar Hero. So basically we have Guitar Hero on extra hard expert level for a period of roughly 5 and a half seconds. Yes Todd claims he played this game 10's of thousands of times. So lets do the math. Say you average a start every 9 seconds. Well there are 3600 seconds in an hour. So you have about 400 attempts an hour. 400 goes into 10 thousand 25 times. So it takes about 25 hours for 10,000 attempts. 50 hours for 10's of thousands. Say it's something like 80,000 attempts. That's 200 hours.
Oh, big stuff, you spent 200 practice hours to get the perfect score. For one, I bet it's more like 75 hours of practice to be honest with you.
But guess what? Every single major Arcade game score is going to take more than 200 hours of practice. The Donkey Kong record will take you over 1,000 hours of practice, and more likely it's going to take over 2,000 hours of practice.

From what I gather, MANY people are getting 5.61 in 20 hours of practice or less. It's basically a timing issue, and now there are practice programs that make it like Guitar Hero for a person to get that 5.61 or even 5.57, which I believe is the true perfect score.
OK, Speedrun community. You want a truly hard speedrun record to do that comes from Twin Galaxies? Try to break David Race's Pac Man perfect score speed run of 3 hours 28 minutes, and 49 seconds.
You know what, I notice that Speedrun.com doesn't even have a Pac-Man arcade track. How cute they have a Ms. Pac-Man arcade/mame speed track to the quickest to 10,000 points. lol
So to the Speedrun.com community, man up, and go after a real speedrun record from Twin Galaxies. The Pac-man perfect score speed run. Meaning that you have to go through all 256 boards without dying. You have to get all the fruit, and you have to every single ghost when possible, and you have to do this to near perfection for 3 hours and 28 minutes. There are no cute little glitches for you to try with that one.
It's no surprise that the Speedrun.com community doesn't even put this speedrun on their site. They'd know they'd be embarrassed if they do.

Twin Galaxies runs this shit.

good night sweet prince

don't let it die

>de hippie spacing

Birds can laugh.

Bonobos can howl.

Toastrider can 1:39.

Sometimes runners do wrong movement for no reason.

Monkeyposting is funny as FUCK and is directly related to speedrunning.

Meme game runners cannot play SM64 competently.

The obsessed freak won.

Squid has a mid 52.

Thank you for your list of correct statements.

why didn't you sage?

why do you ask?

who is we?

thanks for the late response!

good night, srg. thank you for being with me in my darkest moments. have one last bump. it's finally over. thank god.

>another tranny polluting our community
Fucking disgusting.

spoiler that shit

>the state of that brow

ummm???

You have no friends.

Is that Kramer from Seinfeld?

____GIDDYUP____

why did you spoiler?

>no follow button

>alttpr tourney
>being allowed to read chat
lmao @ both of these

reminder the alttp randomizers are so bad now. they should never have fucked with the good formula they used the first time. just like speedrunners, they went too autistic with it and now theres a bunch of different variations like timers with items that reduce/increase, random entrances, etc.

>now
lol

why didn't you sage?

why do you ask?

Why are there so many trannies in the speedrunning community?

speedrunning is an inherently low test sport

You tolerate one of them and the herd follows it.

Behemoth about to BTFO zoasty and oats.

Hey guys, Cronikeys here. How's it going? Anybody missing from speedrun.tv who is actively doing runs?

Post updates on your speedgames and I'll give you a thumbs up

they let the racers mod the sprites and shit. some guy had a fucking my little pony sprite for link and another had a metroid samus sprite as link. why would anyone want to compete in a tournament against people who modify their game with no consequences? this is why speedrunning community is a joke and this is why twin galaxies is the true authority on speedrunning now.

Never mind.

thanks for keeping speedrun.tv alive, great site

thanks for the late response!

turn the bot off ian

*flies high above the rest of the threads on the catalog and bird laughs*

*flies high above it all but doesn't laugh because birds can't laugh*

*bird laughs*

*bird non-laugh*

*transitions into a speedrunner*

why did you delete?