/assg/ General

Leatherface is Still Bad Edition

>What is Dead by Daylight?
Asymmetrical multiplayer slasher game where 4 survivors scramble to fix 5 generators, while 1 killer wants to sacrifice all of them.
deadbydaylight.com
deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Dead_by_Daylight_Wiki

>What is Friday the 13th?
A slasher game featuring Jason and counselors. 7 counselors with different stats and abilities try to escape the camp while Jason kills them one by one.
f13game.com

>What is Last Year?
Beta coming this October, Class based with weaker killers.
lastyearthegame.com

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/Eb3WFHz

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/dbdgeneral

>Latest Patch Notes (DbD)
steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/16/1471967615869010456/

>Skill Check Simulator (DbD)
www.mistersyms.com/tools/gitgud/

>Spring Break DLC Trailer (F13)
[YouTube] Friday the 13th: The Game | Spring Break 1984 DLC | Trailer PAX West 2017

>Who Do You Main?
strawpoll.me/13774461
strawpoll.me/13774470
strawpoll.me/13414504
strawpoll.me/13414516

Extra vote for funzies
strawpoll.me/13855362
Tried to circlejuke the new killer:

post yfw all 4 survivors escape

More braided hair styles when?

don't insult my cuteboy

Just in case: does knockout only hide dying survivors, not hooked ones?

Killer Rankings when played at the highest levels of skill
S Tier: Nurse
A Tier: Billy, Hag
B Tier: Doctor
C Tier: Myers, Trapper
D Tier: Cannibal
F Tier: Wraith

I would swap trapper and leatherface but I agree with everything elae.

Isnt it too soon to place Cannibal already?

No. He's very very weak

Huntress Tier: Anna

Hes basically a trapper with an active ability. Which to be fair can be quite powerful in some specific situations like basements or denying hookrushers. But he cannot counter good jukers or loopspots with a trap or mobility, so he still falls short in that regard.

Hes a pretty iconic character though for both the horror genre and this game as a whole. I'm sure that the devs will buff him once all the f2p players git gud (or leave) and stop complaining about him on the forums.

Tell me why I shouldn't run Camouflage Claudette all day every day

Trapper is too low. High-skill Trappers dominate games with trap placement.

Switch him and Hag IMO.

Because if you're ever found or sandbagged you will be facecamped harder than an angrypig fan. Also...you're better than that user, you don't need camocrutch to win games. I believe in YOU!

>Playing crutches, the character

I've been dropped at the hatch the last several games I was running Camo Claud

No, you retarded camping faggot.

I miss old /co/.

>retarded camping faggot
>aka Hag's entire skill ceiling

What are you, a R20?

No skilled Trapper camps. That's the point of the traps.

Reminder that wraith is for cuddling not bullying

I can never be upset when Cute Philip hooks me. I want to cheer for him. What a good boy.

His little bell. And his little growling sound, and his little tilted head as he looks at me. He's adorable!

I want to hug him and pet him gently.

>dominate games with trap placement
Thats his problem though, traps and their placement:
>Limited number of traps which can be disarmed or destroyed by anyone with a toolbox
>He also has to walk to each trap, pick it up and then find a strategic place to set them
>Lastly his trap spots are usually pretty predicable to veteran players

With a little luck and a ton of micromanaging skills you can easily 4k ranks 20-10. Its not that hes bad, its just that other killers can do what he does better and far more efficiently.

Letting people go via hatch is pretty common practice for most killers for a variety of reasons. You either wipe the floor with the survivors and feel like you should "give back" a little. Maybe the game only loads in 3 survivors or others rage DC, leaving you all alone. Sometimes killers let the last survivor go as a sign of respect for putting up a good chase or something along those lines.

If it comes to you or another survivor though; you're goin on that hook.

why is nobody joining my f*ckign lobbies g*d damn it

Also, BT fucks him up big time so he's not even that powerful.
How can he even be buffed? Only thing that comes to mind is make his charge attack several times. But that would be logical, so i can't really expect that.
Come on pal, how often do you meet a survivor worthy of respect?

Too many killers (for once). Everyone wants a piece of that Leatherdaddy or they're a f2p seeking revenge for the brutal face rolling they've been enduring all week.

>Come on pal, how often do you meet a survivor worthy of respect?
Not many but when I do I 'try' to save them for last. When I play survivor though I am very respectful to killers and it more often than not pays off if I ever get matched with them again.

should I buy hag or doctor??
PLEASE
RESPOND

>He also has to walk to each trap, pick it up and then find a strategic place to set them
this one is my biggest problem with him honestly. my first minute is a trap collecting mini-game when I can get right into action with any other killer, and if a trap spawned by a non-strategicly important gen on the other side of the map, I'll never even get it, since that's just wasting time. of course I can get into action with him too, but then I'm just playing cloakless Wraith, and I need to set down traps and get into chases before they locate every trap on the map and disarm/evade/sabotage them. Trapper's bag should be part of his base kit.

Doctor has better perks
Hag has better 4k chances

>hag hex
>not GOAT
left me thinking desu

This. Toxicity memes aside, I usually have good games. I find flashlights boring to use, never juke or taunt on purpose, and try to play in a way that makes it fun for both me and killer. I've been hatch dropped almost as many times as going through the exit doors.

>flashlight memers
>down them both at the same time
>cornern of the map
>let them bleed out
who was in the wrong here? memers or me?

Do survivors lose the offering if the killer quits?

yes

The Killer is judge jury and executioner. You decide their fates if they are stupid enough to get caught. If survivors want to play dirty thats fine, but they should expect to be treated in the same manner.

Cancer breeds cancer and I hate to see good killers/survivors turn into jaded cunts because of all the toxic games they've had to endure. Sadly this happens all too often in DBD and I think its really starting to take its toll on this otherwise great community.

Does anyone actually enjoy Haddonfield as a survivor

>all 3 dailies for survivor

*does anyone actually enjoy haddonfield?

holy shit is that an owl taking a fucking hawk

>destroy 9 hooks

No, it's fucking awful for both sides

Seems like it'd be more in killer's favor. Lots of open space or closed off areas for the gens.

Whereas Lerys seems more tilted for survivor. I rarely get found on that map.

Laurie!

imagine being michael
why is she so ugly?

Imagine being Michael Myers in this scene.

I don't mind the idea of having a neighborhood map. But its just 2 rows of houses and their backyards. Kind of lazy if you ask me.

I just got back into this game after a few months of not playing and apparently they have a way to play with groups now? Anyone want to play with a noob survivor?

There are so many areas devoid of hooks and so many have tons of bushes and fences to go through to get to them/

Is Trapper for muscle worship?

Playing him in Lery's Institute and hear galloping noises when invisible

No

>jamie lee curtis
>ugly

14 year old detected

Honestly, I hope I look that good when I'm her age.

I do because it's a change from the other maps which are pretty similar. Then again I just got the game

>"#rat face david"
>Those fucking pallets in space
Who draws these again? Is it Luddles?

The other maps aren't actually that similar, eventually you'll see how.

And eventually you will come to hate Haddonfield too.

Who would win in an oily wrestling match where the winner takes ALL?

>SB
>SC
>Nigglette

Tough call

Trapper is more brawny and powerful overall, it'd be like fighting a grizzly bear. But Myers is crafty and more dextrous

>mori daily as Hag
>survivors are looping shitheads
>finally down the clown while they're memeing around one body
>4k
>so happy
>remember that I had to use mori

Poor trapper.

>mfw have a fetish for baldies

>Get trapper daily
>Get tired of it
>Fuck it I haven't played the Nurse in months
>easy 4K
Oh I forgot how much I love her.

How to beat Nurse

1: Acknowledge that this is supposed to be a stealth game and not le epic angrypug juke game
2: Get two generators done while your retarded team fails to do generators and tries to do an unstealthy 2 man rescue on the first guy to get hooked
3: Let them all die and then take the hatch

I feel like I rarely see Nurse anymore. What gives? She's easily the most OP. Are people just bored of such easy wins?

She requires a modicum of skill to play.

lol this.

As someone who normally plays stealthy and sneaky mindgames as opposed to jukefests, yeah Nurse is still the scariest one, but she's much less of a threat if you play carefully.

That's why I don't play her much anymore. Huntress is fun because she's good but still flexible. If the survivors aren't that good, I go for sick hatchet throws which are pretty damn satisfying when you hit them. The loopers get machinegunned when they try to divebomb my basement.

Are you sure about that? First time I played her was my second time ever playing a killer and I sacrificed 3 people. I didn't even have any perks or anything. Meanwhile I struggled with Billy and Trapper.

I've never had much issue with the Huntress because you can tell she is coming from a mile away.

Dunno. I don't really have many killers leveled anyway. Originally only leveled her for her teachables but fell in love.

I only play in spurts so I can go months without playing.
Been playing on and off since last halloween or so, started as survivor only player because friend wanted to SWF all the time.

and people seem to have shitty aim.

It's pretty easy to dodge hatchets. Just zig and zag and they really can't reliably hit you. It's 50/50 at best. It's not like the Nurse where they just have to land in your general area.

Zigzagging is an incredibly effective strategy when running from her

Killer weeb when?

as long as you can aim at pallets you can excel with huntress
wind up speed add-ons also throw survivors for a loop

When i blink to the gen niggas have all the time in the world to hide. When i waste a lot of time to find them they Sprint burst out of the hit. When i get back to them they hide behind the corner, allowing them to dogde my hit no matter where i chose to blink. When i finally down them, i wasted a shitload of time.
How does one counter that?

Hopefully never ever, ever, ever, ever.

She pops up in rank 20s every now and then. For some reason I always get put against a nurse when I run OoO and I feel like such a bully afterwards.
>Keep them at max distance and get them to teleport towards you
>Then just look away while running in a giant circle around them (Usually in the opposite direction you were pretending to move in when they first saw you, large buildings make it almost too easy)
>Repeat until they give up and pretend to ignore your red silhouette as they patrol the map
Works pretty damn well on cornfield/swamp.

blinking onto them and pressing m1

*Nods at you respectfully*

Get a good pair of headphones and listen to where they're going. Stridor can help with this.

faggots need to leave

Yes

Just found your/his/her tumblr page. Bookmarked!

does the map has any use?

When you kill yourself

That's one part, what about the others? Nurse is the only thing that might keep me in the game, and while i agree that she's the best, i feel like people have been overselling her.

Run Monitor and Abuse and blink onto their generator.

post yfw playing with free weekend players