/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (Speccy screenshot), operating system, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

READ THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS LIKE:
>Where do I get games
OR
>Where do I get Nintendo games
OR
>Where do I get PS3 games
OR
>Where do I get 3DS games
OR
>Where do I get games
OR
>What is the best emulator for...

Check out the wiki for the emulator you're using if you run into trouble, there may be a solution there too, often including recommendations for optimal game settings.

Remember to submit bug reports or shit won't get fixed.

Other urls found in this thread:

cla-assistant.io/inolen/redream
m64p.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why is working with Dreamcast emulators such a pain in the ass?

Just look at this shit cla-assistant.io/inolen/redream

Second for delicious emudev trannies, drama, and n64/ps2/dc emulation will always be shit.

Also traps are scientifically proven to be gay.

I'll fork it just to spite this bitch.

Now that libretro frontend is dead. Thanks a lot lardcunt.

>n64/ps2
>will always be shit
nah these 2 are doing ok.

PS1 and Mega Drive emulation is doing "okay". N64 and PS2 are a fucking mess.

>that scene
>20fps

What the fuck?

"I would say something witty but I cannot dignify that with a response."
mainly because byuu put me on a super tight leash thanks to the things his followers pulled a few years ago
so im cucked
thanks to stuff happening years ago on his forum
so now i have to say nothing offensive at all
and even after all that he can claim i troll him
>_>
because hey, since you are the SNES Messiah, who can fault you?

Seriously though, the science shows that futa/trap shit is the biggest fetish among straight men, ie men that only have sex with women.

>byuu is the snes messiah
Well at least muddy has enough sense to respect his betters.

>futa/trap shit is the biggest fetish among straight men

What did he mean by this?

You can tell from the fps and speed that the game runs at 20fps on real hardware, even though it's a very simple scene.

Maybe your aversion to it stems from your sexual insecurity, homo.

Its a port of an old dungeon crawler type of game on the Saturn,it doesn't need to run at high FPS.

Just because it doesn't need to doesn't mean it shouldn't.

>if you aren't sexually aroused by men you're gay
Worst timeline.

I love emulation!

>Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You hereby grant to the Owner and to recipients of software distributed by the Owner a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your Contributions and such derivative works.

So...once redream matures he's just going to close the source and sell it?

>byuu
>better than mudlord

top kek. byuu couldn't even figure out dynamic rate control, while mudlord was able to.

Sure, why not? It's either that, or have someone else rip off your work and sell it on the app store. Might as well get out in front of it and announce your intentions from the beginning.

I imagine the people REEEing at him, planned to steal it and sell it on the app store themselves.
Many are massive hypocrites.

Pretty much, especially if people will sell from under you anyway, and under the GPL, thats 100% legal.

But they could at least lock the fps at 30, you know minimum effort and all that.

bump

ePSXe has hacks for loading broken game dumps.
It searches for tracks itself and then skips the normal loading process running the playstation executable directly. The result is images with missing track info, fucked up boot sectors and fucked up ECC data still work. Because of this they stay floating around the internet when they shouldn't have made it off the PC of the idiot who ripped it.

Literally nothing wrong with ePSXe you fucking accuracy autist. Mednafen is shit.

A lot of said games don't even work on a real PlayStation when burned back to disc fucknuts.

Fuck off I'm so sick of you fucking fags bullying everyone who doesn't use LE PERFECT DUMPS. If it works on ePSXe there is no reason why it shouldn't work on everything else. I can't fucking stand you cunts why do you always pull this shit?

How is 3DS emulation coming along? I wanted to play the new Ace Attorney and Metroid games. What kind of computer is needed?

I've been thinking of upgrading to a ryzen 5 1500x or 1600. You guys think something like that'll be good enough for rpcs3 (and emulation in general) in the future when it's better optimized?

rpcs3 is only going to get slower, I would not bother buying a CPU for it now. Those CPU's should be fine for everything else.

The 7700K already shits in AMD's cornflakes for all emulation-related tasks, and with the 8700K coming out next month (10% IPC over Kaby lake, and 2 more cores), AMD is dead in the water. Save your shekels for another month.

You literally can't even enter your own name yet

Citra will be better with more telemetry somehow.

Why doesn't Byuu work on a system that hasn't been done yet? Why does he waste his time emulating the same systems that dozens of other people have already done?

Because eventually he will achieve perfect emulation of those systems.

because making emulator for something like PS2 requires actual skills

There are other neglected systems.

>What kind of computer is needed?
I recommend one with a direct ethernet connection as the extra bandwidth will let more telemetry through to help them know what to work on.

Speed of emulation development is directly proportional to how much interest the public has in said system. Look how fast CEMU is going, all because the shiteating public is desperate for "HD" BOTW and throwing 20 grand a month at them.

Given the fact that Byuu refuses to dump undumped games or make his emulator work on modern systems, I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a shit what the public wants.

Because none of those systems have tons of documentation and/or people willing to sign away their rights to their code to byuu.

What the fuck is this telemetry meme lads

no games

Citra has telemetry, it sends data about each game you play to the devs. That's it.

shit eaters said the same thing about the Xbox, and that's getting emulated.

I made the mistake of using the 2gb sd card that came with my 3DS. I'm pretty much at the last step of converting from .3ds to .cia but I don't have enough space. Did I fuck up or can I do it all again when I get a larger sd card?

Just read the blog post. I don't like that this is opt-in by default but
>open source
>very straightforward to disable

Why do you guys care that they use telemetry? I want some more convincing that they can get useful information from it I guess, but everyone can see what they are collecting since its open source

Literally the best N64 emulator available today.

>mupen64plus
>GlideN64
>Multithreaded Angrylion's.
>GUI

m64p.github.io/

It just werks. Controller setup needs an overhaul, though.

did all the n64 games get taken down from emuparadise?

i have been out of the loop for a while

It's a meme because citra devs argued that "telemetry helps us know what our users need" etc yet development is still slow as shit

xbox had more quality exclusive than all 3 mentiond combined

Probably. Not that it would stop anyone with half a brain from getting N64 roms though.

>yet development is still slow as shit
complaining about an open source project is pretty shitty unless they are making serious bank on patreon or something

go put up some pull requests or help them out with good bug reports

I'm not complaining, I'm just explaining why people meme about it.

That said, telemetry in an open source project is dumb. The data that gets sent isn't even particularly useful, it just reports what game you're playing, the average fps and your hardware specs. No errors or anything.

>help them out with good bug reports
Ha. They're too busy obsessing over whether said bug report was possibly the result of PIRACY than reading the actual bug report.

Are you sure you aren't thinking of CXBX who publicly shamed that mentally ill transfag weeb for using bad dumps so he came here and outed himself?

Is this because of potential bad dumps or just batshit moralfagging?

Citra automatically uploads data without your consent.

Are you confusing citra with cxbx?
I don't remember them complaining about bad dumps, plus bad 3ds dumps are pretty rare since the dumping process is straightforward.

Citra has contributors who don't want Citra to function without files dumped from a real 3DS. They don't want to HLE critical system functions because muh piracy.

I'm the guy you're referring to and that profile wasn't mine.

A few reasons
One) Preservation. Once the disk is gone, you can't re-dump it if it doesn't work.
Two) Consistency. Every good dump will be identical to every other good dump.
Three) Compatibility. No one wants to squash bugs that exist in a bad dump that might be unreplicable in another.
Four) Fuck you. It's not difficult to find a verified good dump.

>I don't remember them complaining about bad dumps, plus bad 3ds dumps are pretty rare since the dumping process is straightforward.
Talking about Citra's obsession with moral purity. You're not allowed to use Citra unless you dump the files from your own device, and they don't want to HLE that because reasons, and also they freak out at the slightest indication that someone might have pirated a game.

Sure thing you little sack sniffing slut.

Not necessarily. Citra is a bad, inaccurate emulator. It probably has a ton of timing issues. So you can't just extrapolate the fps and say that's want it would run at on a real system. I think there's an NTR plugin that can show fps. Play on a real system with that plugin to find the true fps.

Bad dumps are a fucking cancer and need to be purged from the internet. You know what rustles my jimmies? The fact most PSP dumps floating around have had files removed or altered. Fuck that shit.

Or did you think because I called my Github profile Kurayami and a profile with the same name came up in google search, they're both mine?

It means Darkness in Japanese. 暗闇

I own 4 3ds systems. To hell with going through the headache of dumping my own stuff when I can download them in less than a minute. Fuck Citra devs.

Some games are really a pain in the ass to find if you want a complete PSP set. Many need "fixes". God forbid people just upload the correct ones and be done with it.

I'm fine with you wanting to dress up like a girl and be dominated. You fit in perfectly with the emudev crowd.

人類の心の暗闇に恐怖が住んでる

>Many need "fixes".
Not with the later, more sophisticated CFW.

>ou're not allowed to use Citra unless you dump the files from your own device
Good thing I dumped all my games from my 3ds after pirating them.

女みたいな男と付き合いたい

I use it but it bothers me it doesn't comes with an icon so I have to add one every time I upgrade builds

hot

Yet the older shit dumps are the ones people keep uploading.

This was a pretty fun game.

>Yet the older shit dumps are the ones people keep uploading.
Because people are retards. Another thing I find frustrating is people uploading the files in compressed CSO format even though this:

1: Doesn't make the download size smaller.
2: Is a massive burden on the PSP CPU to the point games like GTA will stutter.
3: Rapes battery life.

Why are pirates such complete and total retards?

It's worse when they Rar up 40+rar files.
I so so fucking tired of them doing this
I think my personal hell is just sitting there watching 50 part rar files get unziped from a single archive.

>mupen64plus
>best N64 emulator available
pick 1

>It's worse when they Rar up 40+rar files.
you know why they do this right

Yes i do know, does not make it any less of a pain.

m64p is the best N64 emulator now. By a significant margin.

>crappy emulator core without parallel RDP
>best N64 emulator now. By a significant margin.
top kek m8.

Don't even get me started on how bad the UI is. People whine about RA, but this is even worse.

Name one exclusively good thing about m64p? I don't care about out of box experience, because that is irrelevant. Last time I checked, it didn't even have proper fbinfo support...

>>crappy emulator core without parallel RDP
It has multithreaded Angrylion's, though.

>Name one exclusively good thing about m64p?
99% of games work with out of the box. Even Indiana Jones works now. It also handles games with problematic audio much better than the competition, such as that snowboarding game that requires accurate emulation of a hardware bug.

>99% of games work with out of the box.
complete bs. 2/20 games i tried were no good. mischief makers for example, had broken input unless i disabled compiled jump.. They need to do a lot more testing. Did they even fix that fifa game??

> It also handles games with problematic audio much better than the competition
meanwhile even Mischief Makers has crackling in m64p.

>such as that snowboarding game that requires accurate emulation of a hardware bug.
works fine on PJ64 with azimer's plugin.

>It has multithreaded Angrylion's, though.
That's nice, but no point in using m64p for that because slow rsp interpreter + slower emulator core lol.

>mischief makers for example, had broken input unless i disabled compiled jump.
That was fixed by rewriting SI/PIF emulation to be more accurate.
>works fine on PJ64 with azimer's plugin.
No. No it does not.
>That's nice, but no point in using m64p for that because slow rsp interpreter + slower emulator core lol.
Most games run full speed. The only outliers are high resolution games that Parallel falls apart on. HatCat's RSP interpreter is hardly "slow".

It's worth noting Indiana Jones is MUCH faster on m64p than PJ64. It also actually works on m64p, unlike every other emulator.

Why is Project64 such utter shit? framerate drops, weird glitching like the game's coming apart at the seams, shit UI, built in malware etc...

>HatCat's RSP interpreter is hardly "slow".
bruh, are you for real?? That thing's slow as molasses.

>It's worth noting Indiana Jones is MUCH faster on m64p than PJ64. It also actually works on m64p, unlike every other emulator.
Ok so that's one legit reason to use m64p.

>No. No it does not.
Seemed fine to me iirc, but I can do a comparison between pj64 & m64p later on and see for myself.

>Most games run full speed. The only outliers are high resolution games that Parallel falls apart on.
I doubt you're even getting full speed in Rush2049. Good god, i can only imagine how terribly conker's bad fur day will run in m64p. Granted that it's not full speed even on pj64.

Does m64p even show VI/s??

>That was fixed by rewriting SI/PIF emulation to be more accurate.
cool! i guess il re-test that game then.

>bruh, are you for real?? That thing's slow as molasses.
In my testing, it runs at about 80% of the speed of PJ64's RSP recompiler when using LLE graphics. PJ64's RSP is hardly super optimized.
>Seemed fine to me iirc, but I can do a comparison between pj64 & m64p later on and see for myself.
The hacky method PJ64+Azimer's uses has missing audio channels. M64p's more accurate DMA drain method gives perfect results.

Unfortunately, Project 64 is an emulator that basically wants to be the ZSNES of emulators. If something upsets a vocal minority of end users, it is never happening.

bump

>PJ64's RSP is hardly super optimized.
it's way more optamized than that lousy interpreter!

>The hacky method PJ64+Azimer's uses has missing audio channels.
how is it hacky?