/divg/ - Divinity: Original Sin 2

previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/909062087997116416
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for skelly

>twitter.com/LarAtLarian/status/909062087997116416
So does this mean it's currently impossible for non-steamies???

>pray to goddess in the seeker camp with Loshe
>goddess gets angry and the entire pool is now blood cloud
kek

Reminder: the Lizard goddess is a trap

where do i get blood rain?

How in the actual fuck am I meant to cure the Flaming Pigs effectively?
>finding a Source source after each individual pig

Did anyone craft Eternal armor? Please respond

Fucking hell, my saves went from 6mb to 11mb just by arriving at Driftwood, is this normal?

>classic
>armors are meh, enemies are dumb, supplies are too easy, just doesn't feel challenging
>tactical
>what if we just gave everyone 500 of each armor for no fucking reason
>we also secretly give them 4 free movement ap for no reason teehee
>you can't change off this difficulty so have fun being stuck with this bullshit
fun game

My memory might be off here but I think I got the spellbook for that in the Fort Joy dungeon.

from what I've read you should still be able to play through LAN

Seriously, what the fuck do I do in the arx harbor after I kill the voidwoken? I've been wandering around for like an hour now, and I can't find anything that does anything to advance the story.

Do staves scale off of the element they use as well as int? I found a good water staff, but i'm wondering if it would be worth using on a fire/earth/air wizard.

you got the corrupted save, you'll probably crash whenever you load now.

Enjoy your (soon) fucked up loading.

My MC is a Ranger.
Red Prince is a Fighter.
Just found Fane.

I feel like I'll need another melee damage dealer, but should I also keep around a pure ranged magic user, or give him a different class?
Any recommendations?

>Savage Sortilege gives all magical skills a critical chance equal to your critical chance score

Does this affect DoTs, like burning and poisoned? Or just initial damage from spells.

what the fuck do I do now?
How can avoid this?

Wait for a patch.

Where is the lady who tells you about Migo?
I completely lost her.

I think a lot of people make fane a necro/warfare fighter. If you do so, you'll definitely want a caster who does poison.

since your at the first act I'd go half phys half magic, see what you like and then when you can respec choose to go all phys or all magic

Is there a way to breakdown white/green/blue items you arent using for materials or anything?

I vaguely remember such a thing being a feature in OS1 but its been a while since I've played it

Hope classic lonewolf(true lonewolf, not this new lonewolf where you're allowed a companion)

shes to the right of the card players or up the ladder from the mom looking for her dead daughter

Ranger is useless go full melee

Right, thanks user.

>No earth/fire skillbook combinations
>Playing a lone wolf wizard with earth/fire
LARIAAAAAAAAAAAN. SAWYER WOULDN'T DO THIS TO MEEEEEEEEEE

>Since it got lost at the end of last thread

What secondary skills are best for splashing a pretty pure Dagger / Scoundrel Rogue.

In early access I experimented a bit with Warfare and Pyro, but the introduction of the crafted combination skills has thrown things back up the air and Poly is looking quite tempting.

Why are there so many retards in these threads who don't understand how to build shit and give terrible advice?

I assume the patch won't unbloat my save, will it?

poly is really good.

how do I permanently remove the curse from "The Cursed Ring" of braccus? I acquired the rest of the armor set already

Since it's the new invis base I figured as much. There much point going deep in it on a Rogue though?

Aside from flight / invis and perhaps the chicken disable I can't really see my Rogue using all that many skills.

>Go through a long ass battle
>Loot everything and keep going
>Remember i should save
>Saving crashes the game
>Low memory warning
>Closes steam

we're probably fucked

I stopped playing since I'm probably going to have to start over

ok then have fun with your useless build

Each point in Poly gives you an ability point.

Really? How did I not notice this...

Is that Poly's version of passive stat increases or something?

>Stuck on the boat for 30 hours because I right click read books in inventories rather than picking them up

>Larian game design

Can you romance Malady?

>Help man with Teleporter
>Expected to get ripped off
>Get ripped off
>Fall through hole
>Fall through prison
>Fight some guards
>Get out of prison into fortress
>Walk through fortress
>Find lots o blood
>Find some guy named Kniles
>Kniles: This is my playground you see, i will show you how i play here.
>"teleports behind me"
>Nothing personnal kid
>"one shots"

Wow, thanks game.

>Not reading books in bulk and selling them for chump change since wares makes selling trash so easy.

I just escaped the prison, I'm only level 4. Am I fucked?

There is a bunch of source pools on the ground in the area that the flaming pigs are. Also, you can recover your source infinitely if you return to Braccus' vault.

you find that guy dead later on and it feels good

Make sure to get all the spellbooks you want from him beforehand, i didn't and regretted it although he had 2 on his corpse.

Are all the books worth keeping after reading? I got like 30 books on one of my characters

I don't want my friends to die at the ship

:_:

There really aren't? You can't even combine them?

so, i hit lv 4 in the fort and now stingtail is selling the tier 2 pyro spells

Has there been a patch to fix the quest bugs? It's annoying as all fuck.
Plus I pirated so i'm gonna have to download the patch through another means I guess..?

>can't fuck radeka

That's pretty average if you've gone one of the "easy to find" routes of escape and haven't been going back and killing guards etc. for exp as you've gotten stronger.

You can always go back and kill guards and complete the rest of the "escape" quest-lines and combat encounters if you feel you're not strong enough yet, but you should be fine.

yeah what the fuck

cool story bro

The spell would explode in your face

I'vr gone poly.
>grow wings
>fly behind some archer mage on high ground
>backstab twice
>chamelion
Works pretty well after adrenaline too.

I'm on explorer mode with lone wolf talent and I picked one party member. Can you beat the game with lone wolf?

coo

just spent 2 hours on the maze and tower. literally GOTY game

no patch on the weekend

This doesn't look very "nothing special".

since it got lost in the last thread

is there a way Is there a way to breakdown items for crafting materials?
or best way to get as many as possible?

>where is the fix to the game i stole
nice

multiple people have so far

i think most people vendor books

Fuck, different user whose game basically stopped functioning around the boat off the island.

I managed to power on through CTDs and have a few hours in act 2. I really hope they can fix the files as they are. Would suck to have to restart like almost 20 hours of stuff.

What in particular are you after?

The game for me so far has been mostly an abundance of usable materials, helping to scrape by when the consumables I want run out, not the other way around.

i still have so many book/notes/journal entries to read I plan on doing it all at once after work

>What in particular are you after?
im on an autistic quest to do a crafted-items only playthrough

vendoring everything that isnt a crafting material or quest item

>just started playing
>too weak to kill the saltwater crocs

Any level 2 encounters I can do for experience?

reminder to lvl at least 2 thieves in your party for free spells from vendors

Boom boom turtles.

>found a really cool spell through comboing spellbooks
>its fucking sourcepoint required
FUCK
EVERYTHING

>started primarily 2h and off-spec mage
>now only have 3 melee abilities and like 7 necro abilities

they're all so fucking good, what the fuck. Free 75 armor and also 75 damage to an enemy, ???
Did Larian even look at the fucking class abilities before they shat them all out?

Do the orange thief mission, keep 3 dudes by the lizard and tell Griff who stole the oranges. Then have the 3 dudes kill the assassin.

>Left to act 2
>Realize half of my quests are now failed because they never closed after I've done them
>No earlier saves since all of them got overwritten

Nice, i guess there's no point in playing until this and the save file bug are fixed, huh

they were basically finished anyways, what does it matter that they're failed? As long as it's not your companion quests, you're fine.

Are you playing on tactician?

It's cool you've got a personal challenge going but crafting seems almost entirely balanced around supplementing the shit you find, rather than replacing it.

In fact, aside from keeping a handy amount of grenades, potions, arrows and nick-knacks like the auto-resurrection trinket, I can't think of any super useful straight-up gear I've created that wasn't just purely worse than weapons etc. I've found.

Source was a mistake

oh okay cool. since its my first time playing this type of game i wanted to not worry about a million people.

When you make a custom charater is it your class preset that determines how your armor looks or can you find all the armor in the world?

you likely won't be able to. i don't know of any patch that has ever unfucked a bloated save

Warrior skills still have their uses.

Battle stomp is an awesome awesome for clump enemies and battering ram and blitz are pretty much required for closing gaps, especially blitz since it teleports you to enemies.

seriously why the fuck do they play off the collars as being some big bad fucking achievement when it barely unlocks anything meaningful? And then they go ahead and further cuck you by making it a very fucking rare resource
I'm only in act 2 but from what ive heard this is the halfway point and its upsetting

Fuck
Has Larian acknowledged that its a problem yet? I don't wanna wait too long for a fix

It bothers the autist inside of me, even if it's just cosmetic

I suppose it's as good a way as any to balance the fact that some source skills can make big bad boss fights trivial.

I also like how it's fucking with RP play-throughs thanks to the whole eating corpses thing.

Is there a way to change what class/role your followers are?

it only shows up in the portrait and only about from the shoulders. pick whatever you want that looks cool in your portrait i guess

You do realize you can increase the number of saves you have, right? I'm in act 4, and I still have saves from act 1.

Is it viable to spread all skills on your four party members? Like making everyone a hybrid.

No, not really. Generally, armors are split between strengh, finesse and intelligence. You can wear a mix of them if you have enough stats

You'll have to do it sooner or later. There's too much enemies with resists.

Its based off the race. The same pair of boots looked like leather boots on the eld, then like ridiculous meral greaves on the human

>Has Larian acknowledged that its a problem yet?
Yes.

So is it true that I can only take my current party once I set this ship off?

Everyone else dying wasn't just a meme that someone has spread around?

I'm so glad I decided to go with an OC lizard instead of Red Prince

>Intro sells him as warrior from the house of war
>Turns out he's never even been on a battle field
>And he didn't do anything cool with the demons he literally just fucked them
>Every single facet of his character is a privileged british noblemen fuckhead

He has absolutely no redeeming features so far. Beast is the only likable character I've found

I meant can I find the armor the metamorph or fighter preset is wearing and equip it as a wizard and have it look exactly like those presets?

anyone?

Does the potion talent and Torturer really not work or was that shitposting? Those are something I really wanted to pick up for my LW playthrough

Any link to that? Google just got me stuff about DOS1

Act 2 has free unlimited re-specs.

Most people playing Tac + just go whatever helps beat Act 1 fights and then respec to proper team synergy in Act 2 anyway.