Why did everyone hate the Japanese so much?

Why did everyone hate the Japanese so much?

they were yellow and nobody knew about anime.

Unit 731.

remember
Pearl Harbor

It was like the 9/11 of the 40s

surprised to see geist here. probably the most underrated OVA from the eighties.

Pretty much this. No matter how well you frame it for the Japanese they just attacked a defenseless "neutral" (leaning ally but still neutral) country out of the blue with the intent to win the war by destroying the entire US west fleet.

The intent was clearly bad and the Japs deserved to be demonized. I don't get why Japs complain that they were nuked and that is evil even if they started the fucking war.

This is a long lengthy question, but I'll try my best. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Japan was itching for war with China, China at the time was becoming increasingly Communist. Japan had favored Capitalism and fealt threatened due to possible subversion and Japan's small size compared to China. Japan at the time was getting their oil from America since Japan has no natural oil production. FDR was looking to set up trade relations with everso increasingly Communist China, so in response to the Japanese attack on the Chinese, FDR set an embargo on Japan's oil to show support for the Chinese' war effort. Japan had feared losing to China since their oil was running dry and soon they would not be able to support their own war effort, so Japan had invaded the East Indies for oil. Netherlands and Japan tensions rose due to Japan invading the Netherlands' territory. Japan had known America wouldn't let Japan wage war on China without America putting pressure on them, nor would they let them invade the East Indies. At which point Japan decides to attack America's pacific fleet, hoping at worst to slow down and at best for America to back down entirely. Japan's point of view in this was they would at least slow down America to grab enough oil to continue the war effort in China At the same time this wad all happening, Netherlands declared war on Japan and formed a pack with America, England, and Australia to take back the East Indies and crush the Japanese.

China was not becoming increasingly communist, if anything the Sino-Japanese war gave communism breathing room.

What? No its not, its incredibly overrated.

>China at the time was becoming increasingly Communist.
Japan literally attacked a RoC China when those niggers had the CCP in a corner.

So why did Japan attack China then?

They were going to make Asia Great Again.

Rape of Nanking and pearl harbour

Wut?

Generally they saw China as inferior, and was taking some of their land because well they could. They where bolstered by this ideal being victorious in past recent wars, and propaganda. China at the time was pretty weak due to the civil war going on, so Japan was taking advantage of this, getting their land and resources.

And SK :D

Japs have a perpetual victim complex.

How did they expect Amerilards to react with anything but fury?

You have to admit the Qings were shit though. It's pretty easy to look down on Chinese people when they're ruled by the fucking Qings.

anime as such didn't exit yet, so...

The correct answer is empire. I mean look at a map, who else is Japan going to take land off?

Siberia is a desolate shithole.

And they got rekt'd by the Soviets when they started shit with them.

>Ruled by the fucking Qings

What did he mean by this

Did you mean Manchus

Did you mean ineffective bureaucrats

It's pretty fucking easy to look down on (any group of people) when they're ruled by (an administrative class that is shit)

Good job faggot

How is it that I know you're American

>It's pretty fucking easy to look down on (any group of people) when they're ruled by (an administrative class that is shit)

That's not wrong tho...

Hence nobody knew about it.