/hiv/ - Hiveswap General

Best character in Hiveswap edition

Old Thread News:
>What Pumpkin says they have "a system in place" for releasing content much faster. Act 2 available December 2020.
>Destructoid gives the game 7.5/10
>The game is out
>What Pumpkin and Homestuck are partnering with Viz Media
>Hardcover Homestuck books coming out

Links:
store.steampowered.com/app/623940/HIVESWAP_Act_1/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gqPzkQ3SyzA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw you've only been out for 3 days and yet you're better than every fire emblem game and your fandom is comprised of semidecent people unlike the emblemfags

I don't even know what kind of war you're trying to start.

I like how they become increasingly uncanny as the people in line get shorter.

>it's out
>it's terrible
>it's over already

And no sequel ever. Hope it was worth the 5 years.

I wonder how gross Hussie feels every day waking up knowing he shat this onto a plate.

Okay hear me out
What if
Tesseract/Bec

It wasn't terrible. If it was terrible it'd be at least enjoyable in an angry way. It's just sort of not anything.

i was disappointed at first, but then i started enjoying myself. it really isnt bad, the world building for alternia is worth it if anything

There's some parts I like. It's not funny, and nowhere near Homestuck's heights, but Joey is adorable, Xefros was enjoyable, and the bits of Scratch there was like him taking over the hint system were neat.

I meant terrible more in sales and care than quality

Like it looks fine and plays shitty but clearly could have been and could BE a great game, we know this

We also know it will never become that, this was it, this is all we'll ever get again

the beginning definitely lacked humor, but as it continued, the bits trying to combined random items with everything in your house really felt like huss mans writing at least. i laughed a few times and the characters are surprisingly endearing. xefros is like a major improvement over tavros

Also it's kind of lame that Kanaya hates Vriska for that when it was one of the few times Vriska was relatively blameless, and there's much better reasons to hate Vriska regardless.

Would Joey go on a murder rage when she saw Jade?

EXACTLY!

I have a question for you masochists who browse tumblr looking for things to get mad at: how do the guys who make everyone vaguely brown handle Old Man Harley? Like his whole "eccentric tycoon who has no respect for other cultures" schtick seems like it only works if you're the whitest guy.

>"we dont matter. so nobody who does matter cares."
Fuck, I don't know how it got me, but it got me.

I'm not sure what you were expecting in sales. It's #4 trending and has been for the entire time its been out.
Indie games don't have huge sales at the beginning of their lifetimes, Undertale didn't until it really took off later. It'd be better to compare Hiveswap's sales at the end of January of next year.

Joey would realize that her little sister has also been abandoned and neglected by her awful father and take on the role of a good caretaker to Jade!

abandoned by being dead! (which was his fault anyways.)

He was neglectful and bad to her before that too.

despite what the media tells you user, ANYBODY can be rich and racist.

see: oil princes from the middle east

was Jane and John the only good parents?

Jade didn't seem to be that bad?

So this means Joey is canonically hotter than Jade right?

Since Claire > Crocker

I mean you can tell just from that simplified version, since Joey was lucky enough to inherit her mother's lack-of-overbite.

I like Joey and Jude more than Jade, Jane, and Jake

>Forgetting Jade, the best mom

She fucked off the start an rebellion against crocker corp, which lead to her own demise which left Jake orphaned in an island by himself. But I guess she tried to protect him.

Joey and Jude are the key to the double dad enigma

I KNOW it

Joey + John = Dad in the alpha timeline

Jane + Jude = Dad in the beta timeline

Jake + Joey = Jude and Joey in the beta timeline

Jade + Jude = Jude and Joey in the alpha timeline

Joey and Jude are their own parents

this is how breeding works right

Anna's way prettier than Joey.

I thought she led a rebellion first, and then in her old age stayed on the island to raise Jake until the Condesce killed her?

You don't know that yet

CONSIDER the line where Joey hopes that all mirrors will look like the portrait of her "mother"

It's clear to me that this is a classic case of the answer being in plain sight

We were told she was her own mother all along

Thoughts on the Strife track, and just the ost in general?
youtube.com/watch?v=gqPzkQ3SyzA
I thought it was fantastic, and its consistency across the board was fairly good. Only exception was Jude's theme, it got grating to listen to over time.

underwhelming but not bad.
the song you posted was a good one imo

Joey has better taste in men than her father.

I'm dumb as hell, what does it mean by three guardians? is it referring to the taxidermy statues and her dog? or does she have 3 dogs?

The deer, the deerbear, and the bull head on top of the doorway, silly.

the one was the only song that got to me, and it got me good. everything else ranged from eh to pretty alright.

OH. i never noticed that because the menu is blocking it. thanks.

No she doesn't. Like her father and sister she suffers from Strider lust. She just hasn't actually met one yet, but she is showing all the symptoms

Exactly, so she'd never marry her father, but rather a Strider

you have activated my trap card

harleys also suffer from extreme freudian desire

You're confusing them with Strilondes.

that's something much more degenerate than freud could ever comprehend

Jake couldn't pull out of a driveway

If Jake is considered attractive by all these people, Anna probably leglocked him hardcore.

You can close the menu with the red X