/mmg/ mega man general

Rushed Edition
Thread No. 193
Discuss anything Mega Man related. Art, OCs, Music, Fan Games, the comics, cartoons, etc. Discussion about Mega Man-esque games, Mighty No. 9, Azure Striker Gunvolt, Red Ash and Inafune is also welcome.

>Previous Thread

>list of all games
megaman.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Games

>List of fan games
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/Fan_games

>Rom Hacks
megamanfanon.wikia.com/wiki/ROM_hacks (wiki page is a stub. feel free to contribute)

>Comic, Manga, other printed media
pastebin.com/VQbnMXGe
mega.nz/#F!G8VjXSjY!HigLekH1YRxozZQwgsu7EA (fixed artbooks.)

>Music Playlists and Albums
pastebin.com/6iYqEkM2
A TON of Mega Man remix albums (and some Gunvolt CDs)

>Cartoons and Anime
pastebin.com/Uq6Wi9Ms

>Our booru!
mmg.booru.org/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GhkiLDwq5Eo
twitter.com/ThatKazin/status/909285976798724099
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good Morning, Sonia!

I like this artist's style a lot, too. They posed a backstory (or at least what looks like it) on their pixiv a while ago, and it probably explained why Zero went full-on yandere on X, but I can't into moonrunes. Oh well. I'll continue to enjoy their art nonetheless.

I know someone who can do vague translations, but they're in another time zone.

youtube.com/watch?v=GhkiLDwq5Eo

Is anyone actually buying this game?

I'm sure some people are, but I'm not one of them.

GOOD MORNING, GUYS!
DAY-CHAN IS SUPER CUTE!

good morning daytona user!

It's freaky how much she looks like Mayl.

It's probably not a coincidence.

I don't know moonrunes either, but depending on we can use Google translator to get a grasp of what is going on.

>bn2
>when the current mission is a dramatic event and all of the worlds musics are replaced by that short looping drama track

So fucking annoying

Wait until BN4

Hey dude, heard you played the ZX Prequel. How was it?

Are there any decent fandubs of X4?

Only played an hour or so. Decided to wait for the full English translation since it's being worked on (there was an update and now there are english menus so it's good sign of progress)

What I thought of it for the short time I played:
Promising but I didn't like the fact that you would either play with saber (Zero) or buster (X) and not have the two at the same time, which is something essential to both the Z and ZX series.
Also enemy choice, placement, was all over the place and unlike Z and ZX at all. it was like
>walk a few steps
>meet enemy type A
>walk a few steps
>meet enemy type B
>walk a few steps
>meet enemy type C
>walk a few steps
>meet enemy type D
etc

but it looked promising, i'll definitely check it out once the translation is done. Apparently getting skills as Zero is easy, you just need to beat a boss, so that you should help with the absence of buster... if it doesn't, then the entire game would be centered around charging up the saber, as it charges up much more quickly than in the original games.

"there is no one else >is< left to fight"
nani da fuck?
it is gonna be one of those games right?
the OP song is 10/10

>I just need to press L1 (dash)+square to do SDC with X
BOI

Have fun while you can.

Nice. Guess I'll try later then. I was finding it weird about the enemies when I saw it but couldn't put my finger on it

Wait is this a fan game?

Get ready for the only game to fuck up the airdash.

>So desperate for my Gunvolt fix I bought Blaster Master Zero and the DLC
I have a problem.

Game's fucking fun though.

It's p. good.

I only played with Jason though. How is Gunvolt? Is he OP in the overhead segments?

A younger version of Mayl at that.

I haven't gotten around to playing as him yet actually. Figured it would be a little wrong to not play the main mode first, ended up getting caught up in it when it turned out to be fun.

Yes

I want to marry this snek.

WHAT THE FUCK WERE THEY THINKING?
AT LEAST GIVE ME THE DAMN FOURTH ARMOR'S BUSTER.
there's something really weird at how big the "mini-boss" is. I had to literally go out of the screen, then air dash to avoid him. at least I learned that destroying the lower cores first is bad for health
I legit back down from using X and went to the fucked falcon armor.
what is wrong with the air dash?
Also, it weird as fuck at how quickly you have to press the saber button to use it in during a middle/lower height jump without X jump higher automatically

>AT LEAST GIVE ME THE DAMN FOURTH ARMOR'S BUSTER.
Highlight New Game, press Left 3 times, and right 2 times for that.

>Get ready for the only game to fuck up the airdash.
That's not Xtreme 2.

Final boss... Using ElecShield I got my ass handed out to me... I had no chips left and the boss still had 1000 hp...

Using WoodGuts and its charge shot? Piece of cake.

Gospel was a fun boss. I definitely just bustered it to death though.

Do the postgame. It connects to BN3.

The blade armor has a "Mach" Dash. That's where they fucked it up. It's supposed to be more "flexible" but instead they screwed up the mechanics

>There's a "lag" between hitting dash and actually dashing. This is supposed to be a gap for you to decide what direction to dash, but in actuality it means air-dashes are always slower to execute
>The dash is FIXED DISTANCE. None of the Mega Man movements are fixed distance, that's why the gameplay has always felt more fluid. Pressing jump shorter = shorter jump. Pressing Dash shorter = shorter dash. The mach dash goes a full dash distance which basically takes away your control over how far you go and really affects your maneuverability

I definitely feel like doing it, while I couldn't care less for BN1.

BN2 was really great, 1 felt like a draft in comparison. They fixed all the main issues I had with 1 and improved so much on the battle systems and enemies...
The ice block scenario was total BS though but in comparison that's a small shortcoming.

I recommend you not jump straight into BN3. BN3 and BN2 are similar in many ways (in a good way) and you might get fatigued.

Not exactly a fandub, but I recall Lucas Gilbertson doing some redubs on his Youtube channel pretty recently. Haven't had time to check them out myself yet so I can't tell how good they are, though.

I knew about the Iris death scene but I'll check out his new stuff later.

Vent is cute and should be bullied more often.

Huh X Hadoukens as his taunt

twitter.com/ThatKazin/status/909285976798724099

This game may be done by chadcom, but you gotta appreciate what they did to the X cast.

Also in his CM costume his armors look different. They aren't the CM armors, but they still look good (I think they're proper recolors/skins of the usual armors)

Do you have videos of that?

Er can't link to twitch. Look on the MVCI subreddit.

if the fucking boss is not waiting me after this door i'll cheat.
5 fucking "mini-boosses" in a row?
1st time was fine after discovering what to do.
2nd time was piss easy thanks to the arena
3rd time. just fuck off. uper path is easier to hit the core but his pattern is bull shit and you little to space to manuver and those fucking enemies are placed excatly on the spots you need to be and they come back after being destroyed
lower path has an easier pattern but it is a pain to hit the lower left core and those fucking enemies repawning on the hook lines.
4th: why? whythe fuck have a insta kill wall of down auto scroller WITH the same fucking boss. and if you reach the top you are fucked if you didn't destroyed at least two cores of the son of a bitch. i'm not even gonna talk about THOSE FUCKING GHOST ENEMIES AGAIN.
5th: the way the fucking mini boss should have been along side the secon fight.
for the first time i'm thinking into restarting the game and going with the ultimate armor
I noticed that with the falcon armor. there's a serious delay between the input adn the air dash. X also takes alot more to fall down.
-
At least the music is good.

Just do it, save yourself the pain. X6 is not worth your trouble.

I do hope you also give X7 a shot though. It's not that bad.

Heatnix is never a place to go in unless you're stocked with means to kill the donuts.

That's number one of the myriad flaws X6 itself presents

>X6 is not worth your trouble.

>I do hope you also give X7 a shot though. It's not that bad.

"Don't be silly user, lead poisoning is better than drinking bleach!", The Post

Hey he already gave X6 a shot. And I'm recommending going with Ultimate armor, not skipping it.

Both are perfectly serviceable games.

Just X7 is better.

You're still trying to make the case manure smells better than feces.

I'm new to Mega Man, I just beat Mega Man 2 some minutes ago, so when does this start getting good?

I'd say try 6,9 or 10 if you want a solid 8 bit classic game.

There are plenty of other subseries to try though. X1 won't disappoint you and Battle Network is a pretty good series too.

I like he fire stages on X series because they used tend to be fun. same for the bosses so I always start with them.
this was one was a mistake. but now i 'll finish this shit with this fucking falcon armor.
x7 is the only one i saw gameplay. and know about how X is late game unlockable character. i'll not play it. and If I do I will cheat to play as X from the get go. and use buster shenanigans because the damn weakness doesn't mean shit on that game.

Ok thanks, but what about the story? Is it important or is just there?

Not only is it not important, it's barely even there.

Playing as Axl/Zero is new. Also when you get X he's overpowered af.

Axl is made pointless once you unlock X.
In X8, Axl is more the Bass of the group.

Right, cause X is OP.

Give it a chance friend

Oh shit thanks, I think you saved me a lot of time

Battle Network is much more plot oriented however.

>Also when you get X he's overpowered af.
even better

If you want plot, play Battle Network.

>Playing as Axl/Zero is new.
But not fun. Axl is underpowered and he's basically Rock without a charge shot and the implementation of his transformation gimmick is as assbackwards as you can go, and Zero is the bleeding hemophiliac latter entries made him be taking way too much damage and being forced to be in close contact with enemies that leech you too much of your health.

Heatnix is a very hard stage, you should always, in a non-Ultimate Armor run, tackle it with either charged shot Ground Dash (X) or Rekkouha (Zero) to make easy job out of the Donut mechaniloids.

Serious question: Is using the Ultimate Armor or the Black Zero pallette the only ways to make X6 an enjoyable game?

GV2's Lumen/Lola OST is my go-to work music.

What Mega Man OSTs do y'all regularly listen to?

I just realized that there is no hope for Capcom at TGS, but there may be hope for IntiCreates yet.

I'm guessing they'll probably have more footage of Mother F-ing Dragons, but maybe also a GV3 tease? Probably some more characters for MGB.

What makes you say that theres no hope for capcom?

I'm definitely hoping for anything Gunvolt at this point. I'd even take a new Mighty No. 9 if it just dropped the first game and followed MGB's lead.

Well they haven't wanted to make a new Mega Man game in a long while, although X's prominence in MVC:I was a curve ball.

It's been almost seven years since Capcom essentially purged everything Mega Man, user, no one has hope anymore.

on the other hand, wasnt their a long pause sort of like this before?

thanks. but I already beat it as my first stage. thing is. I'm already burned out.
heatnix could barely be called a boss.

That would be because Heatnix isn't the boss. His stage is.

kid icarus uprising came out 20 years after the last game.

shield sheldon's a lot easier. you should have done that first.

>kid icarus uprising came out 20 years after the last game.
And it was an enormous surprise without a legion of fans lying in wait for it to show up each year.

Nope, don't think so. You could more or less just follow the MM->X->Z->ZX release schedule, never more than 2-3 years between games.

The last game (that wasn't a collection or enhanced port or Xover) was MM10 in 2010.

X5 and X6's bosses are complete pushovers compared to any entry before that

his stage is not a boss either. it is a lame rom hack
I was going blind on the X games until this one.
I only played MHX and X4 as an kid. I'm doing a marathon.
I ended up beating X5 five times in row yesterday tho

well, most of X5 bosses have the same attacks and animations of x4 bosses but with adjusted heat boxes and sizes.
Axle is split mushroom. lie the way he moves and attaks. not say his animations were just a redraw on top of split's.
mattrex is Slash beast+ magma dragoon
Grizzly is Frost Walrus+ Slash beast.
Skiver is Stingray with with some fuck huge hit boxes and insane knockback

Truth to be told, Commander Yammark is the first stage to be done. It's a very easy stage that explains all mechanics (Nightmare souls, easy to save reploids and a Dr. Light capsule right on sight.)

I'm already feeling that this reploid rescue bullshit is not fun at all

Mostly optional. The only 3 parts I find useful are speedester, Jumper and Ultimate Buster.
Everythiing else, Blade, Shadow and Zero can handle.

It also gives a easy if succinct intro to what kind of stage design you're in for.

>wtf these platforms are just totally randomly placed around?

"Is this the work of the Nightmare, too?"

At least the game's sountrack is good.

Yes. This game is a nightmare.

I love the ZX and ZXA tunes

Post some good ones senpai