On the Matter of Love

How would you define love, Veeky Forums? For me it is cessation, warmth, and to surrender.
Is it subjective?
Is it limited to humanity/consciousness?
Does it explode and fade away or last forever?
Can it happen on sight?
Discuss

Please no memes just this once.

If you don't believe it exists explain why.

I would would say, love is a combination of trust, loyalty, and respect. If you can't really trust someone, or aren't loyal to them how can you love them? If you do not respest their choices, responsibilities, or person, how can you call it love?

Imagine a human woman is crack.

it's a illusion to the weak minded and those afraid to cut out their own piece of history

psychological/physical attraction for the sake of mutual benefit

In what way? Sure love is just a neurochemical trick, but so is everything else. Why not play along?

You see this? That's a myosin protein dragging an endorphin along a filament to the inner part of the brain’s parietal cortex. That's love. That's the actual chemical reaction that triggers the feeling inside your brain.

See

And?

>You see this? That's a myosin protein dragging an endorphin along a filament to the inner part of the brain’s parietal cortex. That's love. That's the actual chemical reaction that triggers the feeling inside your brain.

Here's a closer view of the same thing.

>And?

That's it. There is nothing beyond that.

Read Plato's Symposium

Wow
(I'm not sure what reaction you want)

Okay, cool nihilism, but what is your opinion on it?

Honestly, I just wanted an excuse to post the image. I think it looks cool. It's it wonderful how with modern science, we can now give real answers to previously oblate philosophical questions?

Not him, but the opening sentence of the OP is
>How would you define love
You both sound a little defensive

>It's it wonderful how with modern science, we can now give real answers to previously oblate philosophical questions?

If this is bait oh well but I think you're missing the point. Science is a method of observation and understanding, but it does not block out philosophy. Every single thing about consciousness can be deconstructed to the absurd acts of chemicals, all the more sense to fuck about.

(Yeah I'm quoting that Mickey thing)

I said no memes please

Because nobody else wants to, I'll answer the questions.
>Is it subjective?
Everything's subjective
>Is it limited to humanity/consciousness?
In our perspective, yes. But I do not believe that love is restricted to that which can feel it.
>Does it explode and fade away or last forever?
Another bit of subjectivity. There may exist one of those John Green moments where you burst into existence for a few hours/days/months and that's the only taste of love you get, but it can last forever, perhaps beyond death in a balter of molecular entanglement.
>Can it happen on sight?
Shit man, I thought I did. I didn't even see her face but I thought about her constantly for days. When I actually saw her again it wasn't as strong, and she even said she loved me after talking to her through the night, but some fucked part of me dropped her and that was that.
We're in love with falling in love, and that's our biggest problem.

I'm gonna juice this thread for all it's worth; bump.

Actually believing nonsense like this is the hallmark of the last man