/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

1257 Map sucks suck edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/25

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg

New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

Other urls found in this thread:

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Taxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Did you guys really let the thread die

This is Rhodok soil

make non meme edition thread

>thread is dead for over 2 hours
>WHHY IS THERE A MEME EDITION ITS NOT FAIR

What is Dhirim worth?

As disappointing as it is that we allowed the last topic to die before bump limit...

>1257 Map sucks suck edition

This topic clearly deserves to die

Nothing.

Everything.

Dhirim is the most important town on the map

Dhirim is a siege tower defensive death trap that deserves to rot

I-I-I was on a plane.
Really glad that CTT user is still alive and kicking and will back soon.

Does someone know how exactly the max number of fiefs you can own work?

about tree fiddy

It doesn't have a limit, but if you own too many fiefs, tax inefficiency will kick in.

mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Taxes

Pretty certain there is no max number of fiefs.

If you are referring to Tax Inefficiency that depends on mod and the difficulty settings you are playing. Its also still generally best to eat some tax inefficiency to maximize income. Especially if you can own multiple towns economically.

I mean, now I have two villages and one castle and the lords refuse to consider me a candidate for a another fief because they think I have enough fiefs, they explicitely say that when asked to consider my candidacy.

Thats what you get for being a filthy vassal slave

>accepting castles
wew
>accepting villages
WEW

>accepting a village

>thread getting bumped off because of ded
well this hasn't happened in a long time
you fucking niggers need to be more careful

Stop posting this disgusting bald roach

So increasing renow won't be enough to get a 4th fief?

Niggers, the 2 villages togheter give me more than 600d, they are basically enterprises I own without having spent anything, and the castle is my first garrison and has a good strategic position. The only city my faction conquered got taken by the king himself, and I don't have enough men to conquer a city all by myself yet.

TW is killing us

Only if you are cuter than her. Are you?

Yeah

I've only now noticed this Daimyo Edition of Gekokujo, is it good?

I like it, it's a very pretty graphical upgrade.

>600d
woah..... user you can buy the whole map with much

Everytime someone shits on floris, a companion gets knocked unconscious.

fuck off floris fag

If I shit on a companion does floris get knocked unconscious?

>jeremus is knocked unconscious

>Floris

some love live faggot spammed like 20 threads and this one was shoved off

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

aaagghhh....

What happened?

>you stumble and fall

aaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

i want /tv/ to go

reported

my only real complaint are the pansy ass stabs he's mixing in with the moves

i ought to discipline you all for letting my thread die

Pls be gentle.

you just told me you want to be a eunuch

Are khergit lancers good cavalry?
I'll turn you into a jannisary for taleworlds if you're ever rude to an user again.

>I'll turn you into a janissary for taleworlds if you're ever rude to an user again.

i'm fine with that.
i'll play bannerlord before you (:^)

>implying i'm not the bannerlord
i have the banner as proof

thanks doc

are sturgians slavs or le ebin vikings?

they're homosexuals, just like you

kek

i'm a very heterosexual man

in fact, i am the only heterosexual swedish male left

which is funny because im not even actually swedish haha all swedes are gay

nah nigga u gay

what mods let me finger my own asshole

Sturgians are apparently vikings with a bit of slav influence, like kievan rus. Also you're gay.

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

but kievan rus would be slavs with viking influence, not vikings with slav influence

>I go out for a few hours and the thead dies
i blame the rhodocks

have you ever heard of that Dynasty Warriors mod?

Is there any point in dexfagging in this game? Or in any mods pre-1600?
Or is it always 'Strap the heaviest armour and biggest weapon and go fuck shit up'?

Varangian nobles then or something, you know what i mean.

>dexfagging
you gotta go back

Which mods let me be a Kievan Rus(+featuring armors like that) i played 1257 and that Rus mod already.

Early sturgian concept art showed Novgorod style armoured nobles surrounded by lamellar armoured warriors, at that time it seemed their idea for sturgians were slavs with "viking influence", then they realised there's just too many kiddos out there who love le ebin vikings so they just revamped the entire faction theme to "vikings"

no, rus is the name of a slavic ethnic group who are the predecessors of todays russians (rus, russians). swedish vikings conquered one of the earliest centralized rus societies and became the ruling class

none that i know of sadly. There are not enough mods about early europe (800-1000).
I wouldn't be surprised if they had an cavalry unit or archers that are somewhat based on early rus.

Is kingdom come worth buying right now

no, faggot

>I wouldn't be surprised if they had an cavalry unit or archers that are somewhat based on early rus.
I doubt it, since they seem to have changed the entire faction to "vikings" rather than being the predecessors of the vaegirs, so, they're the predecessors of the nords instead.

In my opinion the sturgians should be predecessors of vaegirs, and we should have nord bandits on the northern half of the map

Well you do get some extra stuff to do if you pre-order. It's going to be a pretty sweet game, so if you are going to buy it anyways you might as well get the stuff.

I remember that there were warriors wearing viking-style helmets on the concept art already, but they were less prominent.
Nords should have been a mini faction or invading faction on that ice continent on the northern part in the map imo.

>Sword meme the game
Fuck no. The game is so fixated on HEMA sword dueling it doesn't even have mounted sword combat. This is despite it being an RPG war epic. What the fuck?

isn't it set in the 15th century? when foot knights started being popular?

I don't think that means that all cavalry would have dissapeared

This is the image we're thinking about. As I said here: the mounted nobles have helmets that as far as i know have by historians and archeologists identified as helmets that were made/popular in the novgorod republic, which was a russian city-state(?) around 1200 something i think. the foot soldiers are wearing lamellar armour which norsemen did not use, so at the point of time this concept art was released they defenitely intended for the sturgians to be vaegir predecessors.

The bigger problem would be being locked into first person when you want to simulate large battles and the player gets no spacial awareness about enemies around him.
The gameplay videos looked pretty awkward like that Dark Souls locking on shit when they had more than one enemy just completely turned me off.

I mistook that face-covering nasal helmet that the dude left in the back wears for a viking helmet, my bad. And it's speculated if norsemen used lamellar armor, there are no mentions of it in norse stories but lamellar armor was found in birka, it could have belonged to a mercenary too though.

well it's possible the swedish viking conquerors of the early rus state introduced lamellar armour to the russians too, but lamellar armor afaik is historically more associated with slavic peoples rathern than vikings, that afaik used chainmail?

maybe in Bohemia it wasn't used. the devs pride themselves in being Veeky Forums

I mean there are literally cuman hordes in their game which have always been depicted as those nomadic steppe warriors

Are you able to marry a woman when you play as a women in brytenwalda and brytenwalda Reworked v27?

Thats the other half of the problem. I mentioned mounted sword combat to just give greater emphasis to how extreme their tunnel vision is. If they are going to focus their entire game on sword dueling that should be the premise of the game. Not an entire war epic that claims to be historically accurate in some fashion.

I honestly think it's the opposite, that the rus introduced lamellar armor to the vikings. And yes, wealthy vikings bought chainmail to protect themselves

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know how the armour looked that turkic people like the seljuks or oghuz turks wore? It would be better if someone has pictures of it.

It looked something like this

post feet

no

stop posting this disgusting bald roach

lamellar, mirror armor
i don't think the arabs ever used full plate due to the weather

but i meant turks not arabs

thanks jeremus

it angers me that she has a gook bf, roach needs to get civilized by a pure nordic penis

they used the same shit really

would fuck ferociously
t. greek

>gook bf
really? disgusting

BIG STEPPE COCK

finns =/= ricemen