/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous thread /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L
-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and Action Replay DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 17] VitaShell 1.7 released. Introduces a QR code scanner and the ability to mount sd2vita/psvsd as usb device. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/1.7
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/Yn7jt6B1
mega.nz/#!iVBnXTYK!SWs5_Mkxa3O_t6VhHOUWc1eENIPYEg3JlGumjeClGP4
github.com/cfwprpht/VTU_HMAC
youtube.com/watch?v=kIx-grTnFEg
mediafire.com/file/ifrn034ld27b2ng/Akiba Strip Undead and Undressed.7z
github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd
gbatemp.net/threads/dead-or-alive-5-native-resolution.481079/
ebay.ca/itm/Hori-Remote-Play-Assist-Attachment-for-PS-Vita-PCH-2000-only-4961818025530/112559974164?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=20170831090034&meid=4665bed77034427da8a2224ad5b4911d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=172386717898&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851
twitter.com/AnonBabble

as i was saying

on it, but the guide says at some point

"Copy _nandmin_###.bin from the /gm9/out/ folder on your SD card to a safe location on your computer "

well there's files in the OUT folder but they're named sysnand instead of nandmin

should i proceed assuming it's just a slight naming difference? or did i take a wrong turn somewhere?

>[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin
Kill yourself.

>Nintendont with Gamepad suport.

Reminder that DS ROM loading from SD was not worth waiting for.

>added only the new vitashell update
are you serious nlgga

>another shit OP
boo this man

Hey pal, say I want to emulate DS games on a touchscreen. Should I use rom loading off of a SD card on the 3DS or use a Wii U?

retard guide for NoNPDRM: pastebin.com/Yn7jt6B1

this pauls freeshop is nice

I like it

>installing b9s
>configured luma
>press start, black screen
>turn off console, turn it on
>black screen
help pls

buy a flashcard
failing that, use a wii u

Did you gain a sudden like for little kids too though?

So the QR in the piracy 101 pastebin isn't the right one to use in Freeshop?

>sudden

Someone upload EU Minecraft 1.49 patch. Should be
ux0:patch/PCSB00560

3.61+ never ever

use this one

if you have the noNPDRM dump, just download through the livearea, otherwise: mega.nz/#!iVBnXTYK!SWs5_Mkxa3O_t6VhHOUWc1eENIPYEg3JlGumjeClGP4

Switchhax when

That mega link is US, not EU. Not sure if that makes a difference, but the title ID is different. Downloading through LiveArea would give me 1.57 which doesn't run on 3.60.

>take off SD to see if console boots
>blue led turns on and off instantly
someone tell me wat do

use the HMAC and get the pkg link yourself then github.com/cfwprpht/VTU_HMAC

that's good, it means it's not bricked

Damn the vita news section is all about the flow only, guess he really is /ourguy/ afterall.

vitashell 1.71 already?

slow down nigga

Yeah, I just noticed it means b9s is working as intended when console is turned on without an SD.

But, what is next?, I just configured luma, then pressed start, the screen went black and had to turn it off. Now when I turn it on I see the 3D led, and the blue led working, but nothing happens, until the leds turn off later.

HALP metroid: samus returns doesnt work for me man. i get an error message and it wont open

youtube.com/watch?v=kIx-grTnFEg

any non-DRM trials that you can get pkg links for can be installed and then noNPDRM will convert them to the full game without anyone owning them it seems

delete it and reinstall from the eshop

how come the freeshop version says usa/korea? ive never seen those two versions together like that. will i need to change the locale to USA/EN?

idk, I'm running luma 7.03 which plays all regions

that just means usa and korea are getting the same game

That still only gives me 1.57.

How long does it take to hack a 3ds from scratch now? I have two, one is hacked and took like a full day and another one which im thinking of hacking also

FloW is too good for us.

Not long at all. Most of the time is spent reading the guide or making backups anyway.

Half an hour, at most.

is twloader still garbage or

yep

/r/ing Akiba's Trip DLC NoNDPRM.
An user already dumped the game.
>mediafire.com/file/ifrn034ld27b2ng/Akiba Strip Undead and Undressed.7z

Could use some help, I set up my 3DS a few months ago and I hadnt a need to update, but now that Metroid is out I need.

What do I need to do? I seem to forget how this thing works because I found something online that tells me to download boot9strap 1.3, SafeB9Installer's latest version and a cleanup_sd_card.9gm.

I put all those in the places the page says, but when I turn the 3DS holding start, I dont get a choice to "launch Luma" as it continues to say, all I get is a GODMODE9. I'm guessing I have to find the directory here, but the Luma Payload file I put the SafeB9Installer.firm does nothing.

I know it has to be some obvious thing, but I dont remember how I did this back when I set it up, and I dont know if I can just go to the first time set up and run those steps again safely if they were already done.

my 3DS says its in version 11.3, I can play Everoasis.

Are there any hacks for Rock Band on Wii that will let you use the guitar hero controller?

What is the difference between the old dumps I have installed and the new NoNDPRM

NoNpDrm doesn't have dumping errors. Glitches that were introduced by the dumping process in games like Atelier, or more generally like the infamous save bug, don't exist with NoNpDrm dumps.

bruh wtf i deleted and reinstalled but same error. only metroid does this

Some games that couldn't work with dlcs can now work like deemo and most likely akiba's trip

is your shit updated?

my luma is up to date, do I need to update firmware too? is the current version safe?

How to update?

delete the title and titlekey, and try again

thats what I did. not gunna waste time reinstalling a million times

Is the DLC for the EU version of MH Stories already fixed? There was an error popping up when installing it with freeshop or even via the Qr code and FBI.

should i get a grip for a ps vita? Y or N?

Where the fuck does everyone get their GODDAMNED ROMS these days?

jesus fucking christ I'm so sick of all of this i'll come back here when superstar saga comes out

>finally get a 3ds
>"holy shit it's so great but games are quite expensive"
>hack it
>"holy shit... it's actually... meh"
I'm not sure why I don't enjoy this system whatsoever, I always percieved myself as a Nintendofag but I cannot get into any game other than picross. On the other hand, I could play nds classics all day. Am I the only one who feels like this for the 3ds?

Nope. The only thing I've been playing is Atlus games.

github.com/motoharu-gosuto/psvgamesd
this might allow running of those old blackfin dumps

this is seriously fucked guys. metroid doesnt work. luma and firmware are up to date. everything works except for metroid. 0/10 ign

any vita 3.61+ games worth waiting for - that aren't sissy anime boy gaymes?

Demon Gays2

haha you sissy anime boy

Game updates would be nice.

>SD2Vita arrived as the NoNpDRM dumps are hitting MEGA
>have a spare 128GB card I'm not using for anything

>What is the difference
The most important one to me is that Akiba's Trip freezes after the tutorial mission and it's a bitch to make it run.

I heard the European MaiDump from realshotgun's torrent works, but that one doesn't ha ve DLC either.

on if it has l2 r2 triggers

Does anyone know how to make resolution edits like this gbatemp.net/threads/dead-or-alive-5-native-resolution.481079/ work with NoNpDRM dumps?

>Still using the Vita web browser entry point with it's 1% success rate
This is hell.

what about this? ebay.ca/itm/Hori-Remote-Play-Assist-Attachment-for-PS-Vita-PCH-2000-only-4961818025530/112559974164?_trkparms=aid=555018&algo=PL.SIM&ao=2&asc=20170831090034&meid=4665bed77034427da8a2224ad5b4911d&pid=100005&rk=1&rkt=6&sd=172386717898&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

had the nyko power grip but felt too heavy and awkward to hold.

But the browser exploit has improved dramatically. So has the offline exploit. And we have Enso too.

>not using Enso

enso user....

WOULD BE REAL GREAT IF I COULD GET INTO HENKAKU TO INSTALL IT.

if you got a 2000

I injected Emerald into Red Mystery Dungeon on Wii U but it's giving me a dead battery error. Anything I can do to fix this?

How do I view all of ux0: in windows? Got the Vita in unsafe mode but need to do something on the PC too iirc.

How long until we get a database of games we can download using Vitashell's new QR code? Lookin like some 3DS shit

guys what the FUCK how do you make metroid samus returns work? I dont know what black magic nintendo used on this game but nothing works.

why did you post this?

Thanks

What's the go-to method for getting less than legitimately acquired DLC on the 3DS? People keep listing every homebrew program known to man but none seem to come to a consensus on which one actually works or does the job well.

details on firmware, luma version, etc

hey guys, I just wanna say contact cleaner saves lives

I had this new 3ds xl with a power button that barely worked and an A button which only worked when strongly pressed

I was starting to think only opening up the console could solve the issue, and I thought the power button needed resoldering

a cotton soaked with cleaning liquid applied 4-5 times around the buttons made them work again like new

Child of Light nonpdrm?

firmware and luma are the most recent versions available. i downloaded minecraft which came out the same day and it works just fine. i try to open metroid and it gives me the generic error popup and wont open the game. fuck this shit seriously

sd could be dying

Try blowing in the cartridge slot

I wish I was fucking joking, I had the exact same problem as you a few months back and that's what fixed it

this is frustrating as hell

If i don't care about psp/ps1 games, i don't need adrenaline right?

Aye.

Can confirm that this can sometimes fix the problem. Dust can fuck right off.

that OR you downloaded a gw patched metroid.

freeshop
3dsiso.com

what is gw patched? I used freeshop the first two times then tried downloading from a QR code of the titlekeys site and nothing worked. i just dont understand how minecraft can work but metroid cant

No, seriously. Why did you post this?

the fuck you even do with your vita?

don't worry about it then. If you're using pure digital stuff then you don't need to worry about that. Are you sure you downloaded the one for your region? It sounds like your region patching might be going wonky.

if you downloaded it off freeshop then your sd might be fucked

try it with a different one, check your current one using chkdsk, etc.

Just download the fucking seed info in FBI. Failing that, maybe you need locale set up if it's the wrong region.