/tesg/ ~ The Elder Scrolls General

Doggo edition.

>Is Skyrim Special Edition worth it?
Soon™. SKSE is in Alpha and not intended for all users, but SkyUI 5.1 is working without bugs and more mods will come with SKSE.

>Should I play Skyrim Special Edition or Legendary Edition?
Legendary Edition for mods now, but SE is the focus of future mods (Beyond Skyrim among others)

>Mods, modding GUIDES, and FAQs
tesgeneral.com/
>Found a problem or have a suggestion? Use the "Contact" button at the top right of the site!

>The Booru
vgtes.booru.org/
>The Lewd Booru (Use the filter if you find a picture objectionable)
booru.Legacywaste.org/

>/tesg/'s characters
imgur.com/a/YSUMg
>/tesg/ stories
pastebin.com/wt4tJyKW
>/tesg/ tumblrs
pastebin.com/BZsXJB9T

>Lore and Lore Accessories
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Main_Page
uesp.net/wiki/Lore:Books

>/tesg/'s sister threads:
- Elder Scrolls Online General
- Veeky Forums's Weekend Lore General
- Lewd General

>Thread was created with incorrect OP or a lot earlier than post?
Ignore and report; Wait for a correct thread to be made.

Remember to ignore and report shitposters.

Elder thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/suaE6Xyk
pastebin.com/75fzM5te
demwaifus.blogspot.com/search/label/Oblivion
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Miel pls

Harmony

Unironically better than anyone in 2017 /tesg/ could do

daguerreotype

So hows the general been in the like two years its been since i was last here?

Still full of autistic spaz waifu fags and no real discussion?

Fuck off pretender.

yeah

retard here, I got back into modding recently and I think I overdid it a little with the mods. basically, I get about 40-60 fps when I load a save, but this degrades over 10-20 minutes, all the way down to an unplayable 5-10 ish fps. I've googled a lot of stuff and installed all the tweaks and plugins and stuff, and fiddled with the ini files a lot as well, so I don't think there's much room for improvement there. Disabling my ENB has zero effect on fps. It seems obvious that scripts are the culprit, but I'm not sure which scripts. I tried to change some mods around, like, I downgraded graphics mods and removed vivid weathers. now I'm thinking I should get rid of one or more of the npc mods, though it sucks.

modlist, it's a bloody mess: pastebin.com/suaE6Xyk

So anyone want to guess what the next TES game will be about?

I think that pose might be from Kinoko Poser, but there are also hundreds of sitting poses in Halo's. There's also Dovahkiin Relaxes Too for sitting on ledges and stuff, but that's more situational than poses you can do anywhere

Sound design, music, NPC schedules, and NPC AI. Without those things Oblivion would be the worst.

>Izzy was a massive problem in EVERY thread for years
Please stop newfag, I was never a problem for anyone but autists who have extremely thin skin and can't stand waifu ratings. I've contributed tons and helped more people than you could ever imagine because I posted more than any regular during the height of TES threads. And no it wasn't shitposting for the most part. Hell I was even the reason the core /tesg/ community even exists.

>Skyrim NEEDS an ENB
I don't agree with that, the game looks alright with mods that adjust the color spaces or whatever those were called. Like getting rid of the gray filter. Sweetfx or the mods that came before it were alright too. Though obviously you do want to use ENB. As an example, image related looks okay and you could do a lot more without ENB.

GTA4 NEEDS an ENB in contrast, that game's irrefutably ugly without it.

yeah lol

I dunno what your problem is but a general tip I have is not to use too many texture mods.

Hey what about bruma? Im downloading it now to check it out, any good?

Too shinny, in my opinion. I mean, it's nice and all, but just too shiny.

Find your son or dad

I can't see shit

Knowing bethesda, it will include "remember skyrim, guys??" so like a part two of that and your character will be this invincible person that can't do anything wrong

>RND
>Cloaks when you already have CCOR
>Removing vivid weathers
>HDT physics
>PerMa
>Interesting NPCs
>Wyrmstooth
>Enhanced Landscapes
>Sands of Time
>Real Roads
>Hunterborn
Get rid of all of those.

>actually replying

*blocks your path*

Nah dude, /tesg/ sucks these days. Look at the first 5 posts.

>GTA4 NEEDS an ENB in contrast, that game's irrefutably ugly without it.
Well GTA4 is set in an environment that's inherently ugly. Concrete jungle etc.

> so like a part two of that and your character will be this invincible person that can't do anything wrong
So like every TES game?

Yeah, you're right.

What ENB do you recommend for Oblivion?

why? So the game can be like SE?

Daily reminder Stormfric Ulfcloak and the rest of his band of faggots deserve the rope.

Oblivion Reloaded
pastebin.com/75fzM5te

Za Warudo Snek?

I fucking kek'd as hell

No, because they're buggy and laggy shit with tons of better alternatives on the website.

When it first came out, it was a bit of a mess, but looked promising nonetheless. Certainly better in design compared the the bigger quest mods.
Seeing how they've kept it relatively up to date, it might be worth a look, if they've fixed some crippling bugs. Let us know how it goes.

>TES6 will be set in Akavir and have settlement building as making colonies for the Empire that is invading

No but this time, your character is REALLY strong. To be fair I think it will expand on the reasoning behind the Thalmor or another great threat will happen where all the deadra princes are at war with each other

Redownloading Skyrim because fuck it. What I want to know is are there any decent female centric armor packs besides the one from Bless Online? It had a decent blend of slutty yet armored.

Any better weapon packs besides Jaysus and Ismeril's LOTR pack?

Well, so is GTAV and that game looks good without ENB. I do think they went for that ugly aesthetic though.

It depends what you're doing but I don't really recommend any of them. For gameplay they aren't very good in my opinion, they look good in screenshots though. I guess try Liger, Cinematic, or A Tweaked ENB for starters if you're set on using one. Oblivion Reloaded works with ENB so get that too, on its own the mod sucks for visuals though.

Personally I use OBGE 3.0 because it gives me the most options to make the game look better without ruining its art style.

?

Why would there be a Daedra war?

There's people who unironically use Wildcat?

Better than Vigor.

^This, the Daedra don't give a shit.

In fact, the Daedra would be pretty prone to helping humanity stop the Thalmor since the Deadra like having the mortal realm around as something to fuck with.

Fun class for my first Oblivion run?

I'm thinking Battle Mage.

How do I activate Archive Invalidation for Oblivion? I'm using WB.
Please help.

I fucking hate Emil Pagliarulo.

What are better alternatives for the ones you mentioned, then? I'd really like to know.

>Well, so is GTAV and that game looks good without ENB. I do think they went for that ugly aesthetic though.
Fair enough. Though I must say that even though IV was meant to be more gritty, realistic and serious, I find it more fun than V.

>beyond skyrim
Is this ever going to happen?

It should happen automatically with WB.

iNeed>RND
Ordinator+Morrowloot Ultimate>PerMa
Legacy of the Dragonborn
Immersive Patrols
The rest that are left out have no suitable replacement but you should never be using them anyway.

Do you guys realize how much lore has been taken out ever since Arena? Bethesda will find a way to make it more """""Epic"""""

Is there a mod for thicc female draugr?

GTA died after San Andreas because it lost the self awareness of just how stupid it was that made 3, Vice city, and San Andreas, so good.

Different user, what the fuck is wrong with Hunteborn?

she has a nice face

In another decade or so.

Arena and Daggerfall barely had lore, they barely had anything besides some basic concepts.

It was Morrowind that created most of the lore, and that shit has remained through Oblivion and skyrim.

Well, we got Bruma and that was a trainwreck. They said the rest of Beyond Skyrim is gonna be SSE only.

They've yet to fix all the issues with Bruma too, so my guess is no, we'll never see it finished.

Also as an alternative to that pastebin:
demwaifus.blogspot.com/search/label/Oblivion

Click the installers tab and I think that does it automatically. Or just run Wrye? Idk desu it just werks for me.

I still haven't finished V but yeah I probably agree with you. I don't like the character switching mechanic in V and I liked the driving and characters in 4.

I wouldn't say it died, it's just been trying to be bigger instead of better.

Any better alternative than hunterborn if I want to make hunting worthwhile?

>Scripts everywhere
>Useless features that can't be disabled contributing to the bloat
>Ends up being a tedious waste of time for the same of muh immershun
It's a good concept but horribly executed.

I wouldn't mind the settlement system in TES6 if they reduced how many settlements you could make and had better NPC scheduling. Shit was Arbeit Macht Frei tier and made settlement building pointless because no matter how you fixed them up no one interacted with anything.

There are countless ways of making it more normie-friendly epic that don't require retconning Daedra lore.

>Every post is replaying to multiple posts
You're pathetic, go to /a/ or something.

Sorry, man. I'll post more just for you.

NPCs will never interact with most objects because people would complain of NPCs moving things around and ruining their perfect autistic set up

someone post the webm of the guy on acid hammering nothing into the wall

If Skyrim 2 goes the route of Sims, I won't even buy it. I'm not really a fan of building mechanics in games unless it has gameplay tied to it. Building for the sake of building is a waste of time. For me, tower defense is fun but Anno is not. Though I can see the appeal.

>the rest of Beyond Skyrim is gonna be SSE only.

I'm still mad at this. It's like a big "FUCK YOU" to all the first supporters of their project on Oldrim.

thanks

true, but things that are in morrowind are no longer seen in skyrim itself. Granted that some stuff did return to eso though, like the bosmers' horns.

This is a company that released the CC and retconned alot fallout lore.
At this point I highly doubt it, as a business they will try to appeal to the masses. In the end, it's all about that money

How bad was it?

That's some princess Mononoke shit

Staying with the deprecated version of the game defies logic though.

They spent 4yrs getting the settlement system up and running. It's going to be in TES6.

>true, but things that are in morrowind are no longer seen in skyrim itself.
99% of the shit in Morrowind was only ever found in Morrowind to begin with.

>4yrs
Did they really say that?

Missing textures and fucked meshes. Alot of quest giving NPCs wouldn't give you quests or wouldn't talk in general.

The town would murder FPS cause lolopencities meme. Alot of people couldn't even play Bruma cause it would CTD at random or whenever you tried to actually get into Bruma.

Some people, like me, would CTD trying to load a save in Bruma.

Hell, go to Brumas nexus page now and read the bug section. Pretty sure it still has a shit ton of issues. It feels like they took the Beta, fixed a few missing textures and re-released it.

>that face
>that fist
I have a very bad feeling.

Think it was in an interview. Possibly the same one where they said they worked more on the Piper introduction than the rest of the game because it was the big showcase. It's also why people think she's overanimated in that scene.

Should have stopped giving a shit about it when they took two extra years just to deliver Bruma.

Don't worry about it and bend over.

das gay

> Granted that some stuff did return to eso though, like the bosmers' horns.
>Bosmer
>horns
This is what a Bosmer looked like in Morrowind, they had no horns

How fix this

Rumor has it Snake's the one that likes to bend over and take fistings.

What a joke of a company.

I do hope the next game brings back creative representations of the races though.

> Possibly the same one where they said they worked more on the Piper introduction than the rest of the game
They literally never said this.

They said it was one of the first things they made to test out the new animation system though.

You stop that right now.

>I do hope the next game brings back creative representations of the races though.
The races were never presented "creatively" though.

They were all fairly stock except the Khajiit because they had no idea what they wanted to do with them lore wise in the early games

It was more of laziness from bethesda themselves. If you travel more east, you'll think you should see some type of dunmer culture.

pic related

Wrong.

Compared to how they are now it was pretty creative. Especially Khajiit's like you said, but you forgot Argonian's too.

BTFO

>They literally never said this.
You sure? I remember some part of that being said in an interview. That and the time it took to get the settlement stuff up and running always stuck out to me.

>those two anons from the last thread who unironically said Skyrim, Oblivion, and Morrowind elves look better than ESO elves
The memes have gotten so bad that people are forgetting their senses.

I don't wanna use MLU because I like the randomness of the system, I don't like pre-determined loot. I got enough of that in the BG2 days.

Any other mods that can step in for PerMa?

>. If you travel more east, you'll think you should see some type of dunmer culture.
Yes, because the Nords, who have been at war with the Dunmer for eons, and have culturally hated the dunmers very existence for just as long, are going to let any significant amount of Dunmer culture into Skyrim's towns...

Yeah no.

This is almost as dumb as the
>WHERES MUH NORDIC PANTHEON!
People who ignore the fact Alessia created the Imperial Divines in order ot create a system that appeased both the elf hating Nords, and the still largely Elvish patheon worshiping Imperials, and that, after spending most of Tamriel's history as part of one of the three empires, the traditional Nordic pantheon WOULD have been largely expunged outside of smaller remnants like saying or minor gestures.

What do I do when my role playing compels me into a situation of certain death?

Settlement need to be tied to main quest.
It's fucking useless in FO4=

Die. Delete save. Make a new character.

ESO elves are pretty good.

Oblivion XP or Realistic Leveling?
Which one will give me less headache?

RL. ObXP is buggy, hard to setup, and doesn't work with a lot of modern mods. I used to recommend it for the sound effects for doing stuff but one of Elz's mods does that even better now so whatever.