/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 17th of September:
1631 – Sweden wins a major victory at the Battle of Breitenfeld against the Holy Roman Empire during the Thirty Years' War.
1809 – Peace between Sweden and Russia in the Finnish War; the territory that will become Finland is ceded to Russia by the Treaty of Fredrikshamn.
1939 – World War II: The Soviet Union joins Nazi Germany's invasion of Poland during the Polish Defensive War of 1939.
1940 – World War II: Following Nazi Germany's defeat in the Battle of Britain, Hitler postpones Operation Sea Lion indefinitely.
1941 – World War II: A decree of the Soviet State Committee of Defense, restoring Vsevobuch in the face of the Great Patriotic War, is issued.

Random Country Picker
orph.link/random

>News
CK2 DD 11/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043472
EU4 DD 12/09
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/1043646

>Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

>Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

>Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[EU4] - /gsg/ and Taxes v0.1
pastebin.com/XUtVVm3k

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod 1.1.1
pastebin.com/7ZBm2K3V

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.8.4 - 05/09/2017
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

first for genocide

Is this going to make Congo a puppet?

>Finding it does not take a minute.
I'm not joking here, one of the failures of English, I meant migh-newt, not minit.
Now let this hilarious misunderstanding be an end to this conversation.

why the fuck does everyone hate Monks & Mistics?

Is it because of the Hermetic Society and the fact that it gives you like +20 learning? It's not like learning is that useful.

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting

>le devil mana cults

When it first came out Satanism was OP without any checks and balances is why. I tried it out yesterday and if you use satanic options twice in 6 years you get burnt at the stake.

>become Communist
>economy completely destroyed
>available army cut down by a third
>mass emigrations (before I closed the borders)
:hmm:

>not disabling satanic cults

Also the Hermetic Society shouldn't exist, there should be an option to practice alchemy and that's it.
Satanic is somewhat OP but it's way too whacky for my tastes.

Nah, it'll just make it so that if you release congo it'll be like that.

>still number one
checkmate crapitalists

>poolands

Place your bets.
On a different note, I don't really see why anyone would throw a fit over societies if satanists are disabled and hermetics are unavailable to indian religions.

Because then how the fuck would that constitute a DLC?

It's like saying "what everyr1s probelsm with sunset invasion, u can disable aztecs xDxD", why the fuck did they make that cancer in the first place?

YES

Muslims btfo in Jerusalem.
Meanwhile in Anatolia byzaboo seljuk converts to orthodoxy and accepts greek culture.

Who gives a shit, I pirate every DLC either way.

wtf is that cancerous UI?

Also it's literally impossible for the KoJ to survive. In some years a Jihad starts and it always win.

It's still shit, wht you're doing is taking a completely rotten apple, cutting it in half and saying it's fixed, then when people tell you it's still bas you say we may only eat a quarter if we want.
It's just cancer that shouldn't exist

HIP has some terrible design decisions, UI is part of it

What's a better color for "Coptic"/Miaphysite in EU4: HIP's Coptic color or HIP's Apostolic color?

>Also it's literally impossible for the KoJ to survive. In some years a Jihad starts and it always win.
What if it's part of the HRE?

I have seen it aurvive before. It was okay

Still it doesn't survive. I've never seen in any of my games a KoJ surviving more than 80 years. I guess it's historical accurate.

>they actually added china
i'm unironically done with ck2. not even going to bother pirating the dlc

What is this meme

Now he's fucking apostolic, though other turks are declaring independence wars on him.
I managed to humiliate Qipchak with help of a friendly khan who captured Qipchak khan.
Got 3k population from them.

I didn't pay for it, I don't support their business model, but if it's there and it's not detrimental to my gameplay why the fuck shouldn't I enable it.
You're unironically blinded by rage at this moment.

Worse, it's an abstract China. I don't know why, it doesn't matter how hard you try, keep that in mind and remind yourself that China doesn't exist, in the end, it doesn't even matter.

Remindef if you play with M&M you're reddit incarnate

They didn't add china you meme-loving fuck, they only added an interaction menu. It's basically only a way to get cute chinese GFs from the silk road.

A western governor can invade, which is dumb to be fair, but with HIP's map changes they'll probably remove that feature, which will make what China interactions there are great for modded games.

>Bourbon Democrat was a term used in the United States from 1876 to 1904 to refer to members of the Democratic Party who were ideologically aligned with conservativism or classical liberalism, especially one who supported Presidential candidates Charles O'Conor in 1872, Samuel J. Tilden in 1876, President Grover Cleveland in 1884–1888/1892–1896 and Alton B. Parker in 1904. After 1904, the Bourbons faded away. Woodrow Wilson, who had been a Bourbon, made a deal in 1912 with the leading opponent of the Bourbons, William Jennings Bryan; Bryan endorsed Wilson for the Democratic nomination, and Wilson named Bryan Secretary of State. The term "Bourbon" was mostly used disparagingly, by critics complaining of old-fashioned viewpoints
Ever hear of google, you fucking cretin?

Not the party itself, just that it got 90% of the vote

>but if it's there and it's not detrimental to my gameplay
It is detrimental, the options it gives you are purely benefitial with no drawbacks, there is no reason not to be part of a society every time with every character. A d they're so poorly made they're just not interesting.
So you're adding something that either is just there taunting you into being efficieng or actually having to use it, that being boring.

Oh, okay.
It's probably party loyalty or one issue that that party supports being hyper-popular in your populace
The Vicky 2 election system is weird, but I'm rather fond of it

It's just especially confusing because this is the current political landscape

I'm not sure this actually improved the Chinese political situation.

Help them to unite China. Install communism as much as you can, disregard your country.

This is what I'm currently doing. Already installed Communist governments in my three puppets (Romania, Czechoslovakia, and Mongolia). Only issue is that the "Install Communism" CB costs 14 infamy. I can get free CBs in my spherelings (I think it's spherelings and not just puppets) to install a communist government in case they get communist rebels who lose.

for fucks sake lad you were supposed to be spreading fascism not gommunism
muhfuggin sparrows

>outlawed

нeт

much money

How do I keep my corruption low without losing shitloads of money?

Fucking yes. Encourage soldiers only, kill all capitalists.

EURASIA

>25 infamy
I basically can do almost nothing before the game ends, though.

Fuck it, go full EURASIA and kill everyone. You can do it.

What does plurality actually do?

Is it time for gommunism?

Interracial breeding grounds,

After giving up ambition and becoming content, I reached the final stage of my society ladder.
Spent my lifetime of devotion to convert my pastures to buddhism.

>that immigration level
I R A N Y E S

You don't. What I did was
>put admin spending at 100%
>put everything else as little as possible with the biggest taxes
>build mostly sheep butcheries
>encourage nothing but bureaucrats for a decade or so
>go for the oil and gas reforms after the RP ones
>once admin efficiency was 100%, cut admin spending in half and do something else with the money
>give the middle finger to the OPEC once part of it and exceed its production quotas
>keep railroading the industry to avoid having factories demanding more than the domestic RGOs produce, often trying to reduce factory throughput
>if subsidies were too costful, close the costful factories for a day, reopen them and try to find a better factory (or better factories) to replace it

Have the monks and memes cults finally been balanced?

Communist CSA, yay or nay?

Is it possible to prevent a specific culture from assimilating into a specific one? Tajiks assimilating into Hazara in Persia-annexed afghanistan triggers my autism desu

Only if you turn all of Africa communist.

Africa is shaping up to look epic

>not embracing all kinds of aryans through the world

What happened to the Blood and Iron mod? I mean that mod is super good for Vicky2 but has not been updated in months.

>he gave up liberia

What does it do lad

Yes or no?

Please don't bully me I'm new to this game

Almost always yes, whether or not you use the CB is another question entirely.

What's a plausible, somewhat historical Scandinavian custom nation that I can create with the nation builder in EU4

>Please don't bully me I'm new to this game
Don't worry r-romanon?, I'm just memeing.But you DO have Cuba, right?

Cuba will be the first thing I get when I go fascist

You can disable it tho, no reason to play with that garbage.

What's actually the point of organizing colonies? Do i just get RGO bonus in exchange for them gaining cores or what?

>Indonesian 1.0%
>Catholic 1.1%

You organize them to release them as a unified nation, so they can stand against imperialism more easily.

post brazilians
where are they going?

Which colony should I take?

Based
Did you get anything in Canada yet?

Swedish congo
Kick them out of Sudan while you're at it.

Lads please

Nah, I had to scrap that plan for now. Canada is free from the UK now, however, so it's something I'll revisit once the dictatorship is in power.

None.Not in Africa at least.Maybe the Philliphines and some islands in the pacific.
i-is that a portuguese mapa-cor-de-rosa?

I meant to specify which Portuguese colony. I have a free CB on them.

Oh.
Portuguese Congo

Guys, when should I reform Zunism?

Almost.

It would help if you showed what colour each one has

It is basically a mod that is a continuation of the /gsg/ mod made a few years ago. The guy who made it updates it on moddb, but I have not seen any updates for it in a while.

The mod in short just adds a while bunch if features and such to counties along with events. Perfect example is when you play as the US. If you break off from then as the CSA you get even where you can mass conscript the black people, or you can send all of them because to Africa for a infamy hit and money hit. Also you get events where you can keep slavery past the 1900s and bet a buff for having them, or you can get rid of slavery and get a massive industrialization buff in the South. I mean it is a way different mod compared to HPM, but it is still amazing.

Rest in peace...

The UK, Iran and France. Bandar Abbas is 2.3% White Portuguese and 6.6% Indonesian already.
Also, Argentineans, Peruvians and Chileans are all fleeing to Bolivia. Apparently both NWO and CWE railroad Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Peru, Chile and Ecuador into becoming dictatorships no matter what, but have no flavour to turn them into republics once again. Meanwhile, Bolivia has no flavour at all, so they keep being a republic through the whole game.

True.

p-pls help

Uh, now? Why would you hold up on reforming?

Also the Japanese seem to love me more than any other nation.

because you lose the conquest CB and I'm surrounded by Muslims who want me dead

>Myanmar (Burma)
>Myanmar (Male)

Now we're past the Ural.

10/10 friend, this meme never gets old when done right.

You don't. You live it.

Seriously, it's understandable if you can't. The clunky UI is horrible and it can have issues in modern Windows.

Now keep it safe.

Yeah, I thought I remembered it being yellow.It's the best desu.Apostolic is too similar to Orthodox, and I don't even know what colour EU4 has (but I'm going to guess it's as bad as the rest of the game)

Coptic uses Red atm
www.eu4wiki.com/Religions_and_denominations

Dismantling Germany in HPM is boring as fuck. I wish I could balkanize it again.

>everyone in my army is a commie or a basque nationalist
I swear to god I should've genocided them all.

Dismantling anyone is boring because of how terrible the whole system is.And HPM is not going to fix it for a long time.

That's worse than I thought.
Most of them are already red-based.

Why aren't they moving their troops? Are they waiting for a ship or something?

Just reload the save, sometimes some AIs freeze especially if you are cheating