The State of Veeky Forums

Does anyone on Veeky Forums here actually study anything besides meme stocks on Robinhood or BTC?

I mean an actual discipline like finance. I am a finance major with a concentration in financial planning and I've never seen a more disorganized place where no one essentially knows what they're either

A: talking about
or B: what they're doing.

If you're in a good paying job, kudos to you. But if you are one of those Tai Lopez wannabe's that sits in their parents basements collecting NEETbux and then goes onto Robinhood everyday to blow their entire NEET check on penny stocks, you seriously have to change your ways, people.

To be fair, credentialed and qualified professionals barely know what they're doing. No one has the crystal ball.

BUY XMG FAGGOT

>went full wagecuck
>spent all free time studying for CFA exams year after year
>at some point life loses meaning
>goals become worthless
reality sinks in an-

>I can't read because of autism
That's you. That's you to a T.

A CFP knows way more than some mindless permavirgin with no background in business or finance at all.

Please, do you really think a moron like yourself knows more than a guy like me? Come on. Don't embarrass yourselves.

What you see on Veeky Forums is the Post-Robinhood boom. Before Robinhood, no one on this place talked about "TO THE MOON" or "BUY AMD"

Things that were discussed actually had some meaning and insight and not just haste.

>be workin at a bank
>IT-Admin and regulatory reporting
>have thousands of € in vidya and technology stocks
>some derivatives and gold
>get curious and wonder what Veeky Forums says about the above
>see a bunch of kids spewing memes and only trading a few bucks in bitcoins

this is a sad place

You seem quite agressive. No need to get angry when somebody tells you your degree is 100% worthless when it comes to making money thru investments

Finance, like any other business degree is a wagecuck diploma. No better or worse, it servers cucking purpose just fine. It's not a bad degree by any means.

I think the place can change if educated posters like you post more. What I think happened was a scramble and it brought a lot of newbies like me out.

Largely I think the noobs are willing to learn if you share.

I'm not a schitzophrenic, so you can address me in the singular form of the pronoun. Secondly, what's your net worth?

I'm actuary making 70k per year at my job but like 80k per month trading ETH.

>hurr nobody has any idea what they're doing
It's called buying and holding cause I'm going to the moon baby.

I would qualify as educated but I feel I have a different perspective to offer this topic other than my background.

I've been around since the genesis of Veeky Forums. I remember Veeky Forums-esque topics were popular on /pol/ before this board was created. At first it was great, a lot of great input came from posters. But slowly over time it became flooded with memers and trolls.

I still peep in every once in a while. However, if you want quality posts with genuine input , Veeky Forums is sadly no longer the place. Even reddit has business & finance boards with higher quality posts than Veeky Forums.

>Worthless

Says the kid on Veeky Forums with nothing to show for himself.

Wow, you faggots on 4chins sure love the work cuck, don't you? I guess that's because 99.99% of you encourage the practice.

You can't even spell so you don't get shit.

>I'm actuary making
Make a fucking English book and learn how to speak it as if you were a native.

Which is why Reddit is and always will be the place where legitimate celebrities go to to associate with their fans. Veeky Forums is just a cesspool of the underachieving sad and depressed minds of the Internet.

This place is /r/wallstreetbets except without the 5 people that know what they're doing. There are some decent places to discuss this shit on reddit though.

and you all still come here despite the whining

Sorry, I must have gotten lost while looking for /pol/

Haha let me get this straight, you get on here to tell people they are dumb and about how stupid they are for coming to Veeky Forums to fuck around on biz? Then make a argument that this place sucks because reddit and celebrities. Just accept that finance is dumb and will be taken ruined by technology in the future.

im a trader at a medium sized hedge fund. mainly interest rate futures(US treasuries and eurodollars). but i only go on Veeky Forums and Veeky Forums about once every 3 months. used to spend a lot of time here in 2006-2008 when i was at university and its fun to come back once in a while. ive pretty much given up on trying to post any real stuff here since i usually just end up getting shit on by people that are dreamers and obsessed with get rich quick schemes that don't involve putting in work and using your brain.

Yeah because I can see a shit ton of robots and artificial intelligence on the trading floor.

Let me guess, you're some IT grad? Or an Indian "engineer"? Spare me, peasant.

They don't know hard work unless it came and fucked their girlfriend in front of them. Guys like you and I who actually are putting in the hard work and learning how to make waves while these little punks make splashes.

Economics maj with Math minor, my extra electives were Finance classes. I can do cash flows, npvs, stock evaluation (self learn't really complicated will have to see an example online before I try that again). The market looks like shit, bullish and overvalued, if you have the crystal ball, pray tell what you see.

75% of this board is either Robinhood, @memecoins, Rothschild conspiracy, or kms how jobs.
25% of the serious threads are net worth dick comparisons and gold speculation, with the occasional intelligible college ex college asking for pathway insights.

I did a make biz great again by trading tit fr tat partial portfolio reveals, by the 6th post I had a Robinhood pic with caption: "To the moon, fuckers"

In the biggest stagnation in the world since 2000s nobody is saying shit about this on /biz. I actually miss those old junk posts asking how do I start my business. Those were actually thought provoking, and bit more intelligible than Dave trying to convert 500 bucks in to gold when apocalyptic credit crunch on a gold thread

2 users are creating 95% of all shitcoin threads. The mods seem to like it.

BA and MS in CS. I have a lot of side projects to monetize, even have one as a Delaware s corp.

I'm also interested in Finance. Reading about value investing because it's the only thing that actually makes sense. Learning the Quantopian platform simultaneously. Doing problems off modeloff to learn the basic equations.

So yea, very interested in business and finance. This crypto stuff is trash.

>schitzo instead of schizo
Fair enough, chuclefuck. That being said, you're still probably nothing but an excel monkey for the bigwigs who actually run the business you work at. In that environment, your only metric for success is your overall net worth. Why wouldn't you be willing to post that on a Russian election hacking forum if it wasn't dismally small? Cowboy up, cunt.

And yet you're here criticizing me. How lovely.

Why are you taking advantage of Delaware's corporate laws? Because you cannot afford to do it elsewhere? I know all about that. I live here.

Take a look at investing.com, get familiarized with how quarterly reports roll in and when. If you are smart enough about it you can easily roll with the wave for 3-4%.

I also have a tech background. I plan to get myself another degree after this one. I'm just really fucking bored at the moment and Finance seemed to be pretty lucrative. After all, I studied the shit as a teenager and as an adult. It's not that difficult. And for those who think finance is, you're braindead.

Also it's not about your net worth, child. I've seen people that have had net worth in the hundreds of millions yet you wouldn't have a fucking clue.

You know, I re-read the OP and I have a question: do you even have a degree?

This is important.

And why would that be important? I'm studying for my Bachelor's. I just fucking turned 25. I've been dealing with business and finance since I was 14 fucking years old so if you want to doubt my knowledge of the business/finance world, you can go ahead and do so but know that I was born into it. My family has been in finance and business for over 30+ years.

>like 80k per month trading ETH.

>It's called buying and holding cause I'm going to the moon baby.

So are you trading or holding it then?

Was replying to , was trying to say don't be an ass about it. Sorry, had a rough workweek, our finance major sales is full of himself and a complete asshat in that he knows everything when he advises. Especially when I have to hedge his portfolio with some truly heinous shit in order for him to sell it at his outrageous portfolio growth expectations and for us to make a profit.

>>Not an excuse. But I might be drunk right now :P

>it's another "I'm still taking my bachelor's in my mid 20's and I know more than you" episode
Thanks for the laughs

Checked but I actually do. When your family has been doing it for over 30 years (I know you're about 17 years old), you tend to learn shit.

And as for , unless you have an MBA which you don't, you will never make more than a CFA/CFP. There's a reason they show the commercial of the DJ pretending to be an advisor and not the economics major. Stay poor.

Hey big shot, do you work at ANY of the Big 4's?

I bought AMD after meme analyzing and made a lot of money and now I have tripled my money in eth so go fuck yourself cunt

I'm currently interned at a midsize investment firm. I can say for pretty sure, the average Joe does not know what the fuck we are doing. This coming someone who's family are of engineers and doctors with masters, PhDs. Oh, and I'm 22 whereas my uncle who invested for over the years I've been alive, doesn't know half the shit I do. The man has a Physic PhD.

And by meme analyzing I mean seeing enough threads to google it and realize people weren't fucking around

Lol cool. Just know they're spying on you.

It doesn't stop the gains

what school do you go to senpai?

A school in New England. That's all I will say.

what tier are we talking? Because you'd have to be pretty dumb to come on Veeky Forums and brag if you're not top 10

That's merely speculation and you know it. Before the Oil bust in 2014, I turned $500 into $3100 (2009-2012), I didn't know shit about hedging risk in portfolios, stock valuations. Just read some stuff, kept an eye on OPEC (since I heard about glut only in 2011), and saw the generally post 2008 bullish momentum would guarantee energy stock momentum.

Nigga, having mom or pop own a business and being around the store doesn't mean shit. Until you're doing inventory, paying for the insurance/rent/overhead/business license/payroll/webmaster, managing employees, dealing with character assassination from competition, etc, then you can step up to me. I don't give two fucks about you riding your family's coattails when you should have gotten your bachelor's done 3 years ago. Sort yourself out.

Try Citigroup, pal. If you've worked at a better company than that or a BIGGER company than that, you let me know.

>step to you

Nigga, I'd knock you the fuck out. Talking like a fuckboy gets you no where.

Prove it.

I fucking said that's all I will say. Not giving you any more than that. It's in New England. If you're too retarded to READ, that's your problem. Not mine.

If they were in the loan department, especially have anything to do with the build up of sub prime bull shit......

lmao he's graduating from some Providence Upstairs Business School and he's shit talking on Veeky Forums

Can i self teach myserlf math with the hi level books on amazon. biz yold me college is a scam im 18

Maybe they were. Do something about it, faggot. I'm glad idiots lost their houses. Blame the brokers that told their clients what they couldn't really afford. Blame the assholes who got the ARM's and lost their houses because when the balloon payment came. Blame the underwriters. Fucking moron.

Rhode Island? You're hilarious.

>working for the Red Star
Not even fucking once. In fact, now I get why you're so bootyblasted with the crypto market.
>a bank teller thinks he'll knock anyone out
o im laffin

and yet you still lose to index in the long run lol

fuck off with your meme expertise

Who said that I worked for them? My family worked for a subsidiary of Citigroup. Retired from them. Learn your shit, boy.

I don't lose shit. Can you fucking read? I'm a student. I'm not working for some big time company yet. But my point still stands. None of you know ANY FUCKING THING about BUSINESS or FINANCE. You may know how to hit buttons on a phone and invest in some memestock but that's it.

None of you have worked for any substantial company, none of you have ever worked in real estate, none of you have seen shit on the front lines of business or finance. You talk a big fucking game but when you get to the table, your poker face is pretty terrible and you always fold like the retards you are.

If you're going to Harvard, Sloan, Yale or Tuck congrats. If not lmao

Let me rephrase that.
>the son of a bank teller thinks he'll be knocking anyone out
o im laffin

>IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO SOME EXPENSIVE ASS IVY THAT I SAW WHEN I WAS TALKING TO MY GUIDANCE COUNSELOR THEN U CAN FUCK OFF LMAO

Keep thinking it was Citibank. Only fucking morons and dropouts work there.

Your compliance let's you buy single names?

i'm talking about you as in
>A CFP knows way more than some mindless permavirgin with no background in business or finance at all.

ya'll are literally just glorified con artists who pretend they can predict the future

i repeat: lol

>None of you know ANY FUCKING THING about BUSINESS or FINANCE
i'm a graduate student in a very related field tho and work for a "substantial company"

i'm just telling you your (to-be) profession is a bullshit one

They do make more. With an MBA in finance, I'd make way more than your podunk ass makes. If you deny that, then you are a fool.

i never talked about the amounts you or anyone else on this board makes

i'm talking about the professional integrity of the financial professionals who, according to research, keep losing to stock indexes in the long run

are you handicapped or illiterate?

Oh you thought I gave a fuck about morals. Oh holy fuck, you're pathetic. Yeah I gave that up years ago when I went for my RE license.

enjoy your 40k salary my guy

>morals = professional integrity
goddammit lol so you are handicapped then

put down the HBR and read a book

I can make that in my sleep

Stay assblasted

here you go, apparently i'm a bit handicapped too

So can prostitutes

he's right, even my proffs are telling everyone to get their CPA and learn to code/statistics.

If you're doing your CFA you're going to be in for a harsh awakening

They have a lot of case law / precedence that helps define the business law there. Basically, investors know what they're getting into. If you're going to do a startup, everyone wants a Delaware C corp. Since I'm still small time, I have an S corp to get pass through tax shit like an LLC, but easy conversion to a C corp if I ever want that sweet venture capital.

Aww, but your mother is such a nice lady. I met her before when I was looking for bitches on backpage.

I know that. I'm a resident of DE

Aaaaaaaand they'll all be outsourced.

Just look at this thread to understand why they're called wagie ragies

You'll never make it in finance with low quality bantz like that.

>referring to a term used by /r9k/ fags

Pathetic

>Why are you taking advantage of Delaware's corporate laws?

Then why the fuck did you ask? Are you the aspie from yesterday who was arguing about houses? Why are you arguing with everyone and being a shit?

Then you don't know finance, my dude.

thinking some retarded trader monkey on a bloomberg terminal wont be the first to go

Lmao you think I lurk this shithole 24/7? Nah. Too busy blowing money, loser. Trying to figure out what Rolex model I want to purchase.

They'll all be replaced by Panjeet's and Patel's. Including you.

I'm the one managing the replacing senpai

>no financial discipline
>going to work till 65

Why are you arguing with everyone and being a shit?

65? Are you out of your goddamn mind?

Why are you arguing with everyone and being a shit?

E-Trade, Parents account since I didn't know shit in way of taxes and costs, can't access that history. Do remember I bought SLB around 54 at early 2010 sold at 64 then bought again at 70 and sold again 82 during summer of 2011. For CVX I held long since it looked less volatile from 68 in late 2009 and sold around May 2011 for 103. BP at 28 around the Oil Spill (summer 2010) held and sold May 2011 for somewhere around 44 May 2011. STO didn't gain shit, sold it after carrying losses 2 months in when I bought it late 2009. Had a few tech stocks such as ORCL which I traded frequently beginning late 2009 to summer of 2011. That made a chunk. AMD I was meme'd into it on this board, sold it almost as fast, the moment it hit 10 basis points during summer of 2010. Also bought CHK during years end 2010, my parents convinced me since they were a major refiner of shale oil, at around 25-7? and then sold, once it dipped at 33 the next year. There were quite a few others but they didn't really pan out such as my energy provider NRG which I bought at 26 late 2009 and it fell to a low of 19 and then recovered back to 24 at summer 2011, sat on that thing hoping market bullishness would rub off and I could recover my losses, pretty newbish of me. There were times I dabbled in MSFT and few other tech stocks, but I jumped off almost immediately since I really didn't know shit and would be better off investing the little money I had into better performing stocks such as CVX.

Most students who think they're hot shit but have never worked are like that. There's always a handful in every graduate intake, but they rarely last more than a year in the industry.

point stands that sales look for these kinds for some reason. Our sales department, even the sales interns look down on the whole risk analysis department, I don't know why.

That works for sales desks. Hire overconfident people, milk them for a year or two, then replace them before they get expensive. Sales generally requires the least knowledge of any desk, so having higher churn isn't that bad. I bet you see a high turnover of people there - i certainly do.

This is an investment I'm interned at. The whole company is like all of 30 people. The sales are generally expected to know what they are talking about, thus I dunno. They're not pleasant but they sell most of what we package.

They only have to convey information though, so they need to understand enough to explain it onwards, but not deeply. Not to the extend that trading need to understand it to risk manage it.

Well the portfolios he sells are already ris managed. We have high earners with high risk with low earnings with low risk and when we combine the two in right proportions we get a higher P/E than the lowest yet less risk than the highest risk

Anyhow got to go. Got a test to prepare

why doesnt Veeky Forums ever uses its autism into somehting useful lke the stock market