>PTR opens September 18th
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/volskaya-foundry
youtu.be/8ywatBcHp2s
youtu.be/huC2L2Pw3c8

>Latest In-Development Video
>Ana Amari, Commandant Varian, D.va the Destroyer, skins, mounts, amd more
youtu.be/u414OyWo6e4

>Call of Kel'thuzad Event
>Join the Scourge in undying servitude with a new hero, new skins, and a bone-chilling challenge
>September 5th - 25th.
us.battle.net/heroes/en/game/events/call-of-kelthuzad
youtu.be/-jInzG9Ukrk

>For New Players
>Welcome to Heroes of the Storm
youtu.be/wPk004vsjuE
>Heroes of the Storm 2.0
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/20695700/
us.battle.net/heroes/en/heroes20/
>Official Community Resources, Guides, and Tips
>Talent Calculators, Statistics, Youtubers, and more
us.battle.net/heroes/en/guides-resources/
>Tier lists are effective guidance tools, but should never be blindly followed

>Current Weekly Sale
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21033964/
>Current Weekly Brawl
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21045720/
>Current Patch Notes
us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/21043671/
>Current PTR Patch Notes

>Where can I find fellow players to group up with and discuss the game?
"/join Veeky Forums" in game chat

Previous:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8ywatBcHp2s?t=59s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My favorite hero is Lunara. So cute!

10hr sleep dart inc

having to buy heroes is a shitty pay2win trash mechanic
if blizz was non-retarded they would just have all heroes free and sell cosmetics for reasonable prices instead

>non-retarded
>copying volvo's jew model
:thinking:

>pay2win
playing mobas is play2lose

>win games where I'm first pick and get to play kel'thuzad
>lose games where I'm not and have to try and heal for these dumbfucks

sasuga

>Ana's nanoboost increases recharge rate by 150%

How much of a buff is that to a 3 second cooldown? Down to 1.5 seconds?

>free heroes are jew but selling release kelthuzad and release pre-nerf malthael for $7.50 each isn't

>1 out of every 7 heroes is overtuned at launch
>p2w
it's coincidence, half of the shit that makes KT good are bugs anyway

Just buy it with gold amigo its not that hard to earn enough if you play hots as your "Main vidya"

you have to be 18 to post on this website user
you should go study instead, it looks like you're in danger of failing your next middle school math test otherwise

My winrate with Support is ridiculous lately. Maybe I should just keep playing them. Now that there's a number of decent ones that are fun, it's not bad.

No, that would be 100% faster (twice faster)
Math is not forte, is it

it doesnt matter whether the heroes are intentionally or unintentionally overpowered
they sell gameplay-affecting balance-affecting content for real money

Xth for faggot Kel'Thuzad's chains are way too generous with the speed and range. Shift more power into his Death and Decay so he isn't so braindead easy.

wanting to earn money when you're a business is the opposite of being "retarded", user

that's generally the expected payoff of that thing called "work", you'll learn about it when you graduate from high school and your mom's basement

>Saw a thread saying they need to give his chains more range and allow him more distance to make his ice wall thing.

These are the people Blizzard and balancing the game around.

>shift more power into his straightline skillshot and not his interesting mechanic
neck yourself

junkrat look cool.

blizz is pretty goddamn retarded though
have you seen their ideas of how to turn their games into esports
have you seen their balance teams
have you seen how dead and pathetically small hots is

>people shipping junkrat with mei
I don't get it. It's another Nielspeterdejong shipping. Why are they so retarded?

% buffs that go over 100 always confuse me, have done since dota. Half the time a "150% increase" is labelled as such despite only being a "50%" boost because it MEANS that the effect is 50% more than the standard 100%.

And other times its legitimately 150%.

I cant get it. So what is it, 0.75 seconds? That seems ridiculous

we don't have his kit yet but without even knowing I can say he will be cancer incarnate and fun at least
>highly mobile ranged assassin
o im laffin

they make casual games for casuals, working as intended

Size isn't really relevant when all that matters is that its big enough to warrant more support

And considering that the game is growing, hence all the effort the team has gone to in the last year.

Compared to Dota which has a shrinking playerbase.

Success and revenue aside one's healthy and one isn't.

Thrall buffs when

hearthstone and overwatch are working as intended, mostly
but they are wasting way too much time trying and failing to turn OW into an esport

and hots is certainly not working as intended judging by its playerbase

Thrall doesn't need to be buffed.

>So what is it, 0.75 seconds?
no, you're still bad at math
and by the way, a 50% boost wouldn't lead to a 1.5s cooldown either

I bet you think certain heroes, who just happen to kick Thrall's ass, need to be nerfed.

>Judging by its playerbase

People say this as if the game is dying when the game's only been improved and seen more updates and more traffic every year of its life.

In fact, it seems that no matter what game you play, no matter how seemingly popular it is, someone on here thinks its dying

No. Thrall is good right now. Not great, but good. He's a really good pick in hero league, because he's a solid solo laner and he doesn't need to rely on a support to fight.

Then whats the answer?

Sorry I had to head out there, it doesn't have to be the same skill though you can make it a wall of fire that damages over time and slows to anyone that walks through it. Make the targeting like Probius's gate ultimate.

Use it as a zoning tool or an initiate

>that one retard who last picks li li because he wants to play his epic mass vortex damage build when the team needed an actual assassin
no you fucking idiot your aoe blind every 9s doesn't substitute for a proper dps who can actually focus someone

You mean like Xul's Skeleton Mages?

Shit yeah that's almost identical isn't it. Oh well.

What's the best Sylvanas skin faggots? I have the one from christmas but the boots are so fucking weird.

3s cd with 50% recharge rate (innervate)= 3/(1+0.5) = 2s cd
3s cd with 100% recharge rate = 3/(1+1) = 1.5s cd
3s cd with 150% recharge rate = 3/(1+1.5) = 1.2s cd
3s cd with 200% recharge rate = 3/(1+2) = 1s cd

I would probably fail middle school math and even I can figure that out by counting on my fingers

>smurf account climbed from high gold to diamond
>old account stuck on high silver low gold hell because of MMR fuckery
>only have like 7 heroes on smurf
>have them all besides Garrosh and KT on regular one

I like the Diablo one, green tint, but honestly she has some shit skins.

I got a B in "High school" maths and I never needed to learn this. Or at least, I don't remember learning this

>but they are wasting way too much time trying and failing to turn OW into an esport
It is the Blizzard curse/pattern.

Step 1: Hype up e-sports for upcoming game
Step 2: Fuck over interested parties/pro teams before launch
Step 3: Wonder why e-sports isn't taking off
Step 4: Dump money (in the wrong places) to try and keep the e-sports scene on life support
Step 5: Never have a successful e-sports scene.

They did this for SC2 and took down BW's scene as collateral damage.
They did this for HS.
Don't know much about what they did in HotS desu so I can't comment.
They did this for OW.

Blizzard will never be relevant in e-sports again and it will perpetually bleed money.

Because his "interesting mechanic" is absolutely braindead easy to land. His only skill-based move is his Q, which is why it should have more power shifted away from the easy to land combo, to the more thoughtful spell.

>Blizzard will never be relevant in e-sports again and it will perpetually bleed money.

Until WoW II :^)

q is his most boring and straightforward ability

It's just basic percentages and ratios.

Old recharge rate / (100% + extra recharge rate %) = New recharge rate
where 100% = 1.

For example:
>+0% extra recharge
Old recharge rate / (100% + 0%)
= Old recharge rate / 1

>+50% extra recharge
Old recharge rate / (100% + 50%)
= Old recharge rate / 1.5
= (2 / 3) * Old recharge rate

>+100% extra recharge
Old recharge rate / (100% + 100%)
= Old recharge rate / 2
= (1 / 2) * Old recharge rate

etc.

A lot of math is about problem solving and figuring out how to lay out the problem, and not just doing the calculations.

That was my issue, I couldn't figure out HOW to lay out the problem in my head. Even when I tried to write it down I couldn't figure out how it was meant to be solved.

In terms of actual calculations Im very quick, borderline autism with that.
But if I don't know HOW to calculate it, then I got nothing

Still, thank you for explaining it to me

>Deathwing D.va skin

I am so hype

I'm more worried about what Ana's talents will be, because he kit alone is so fucking powerful

Because it's his least impactful compared to the piss-easy insta-gratification burst combo that a child could pull off. It would feel better if it were stronger.

She will ruin this game just like she ruined overwatch, don't worry about that.

her talents are irrelevant when her w block 100% heal she is already op and borken.

q would still be his most boring ability if it were stronger
it would just also be his best ability

At level 10, Orb talented Mi-Ling can put out a 7700 barrage of Arcane Orbs under nanoboost in 7.2 seconds. So thats a thing.

Is there a more broken combo?

weekend hots not even once

Malthael would benefit hugely from Nano boost. More Qs is a nightmare for teams, the 30% SP would also affect the healing as well. Genji would be busted of course. Jaina would get a lot of value, as would Azmodan because bigger Qs and basically a 3 second CD.

Believe it or not, Li Li or Tyrande would be amazing targets for it as well. CDR and SP affect them amazingly, as would Alarak like the SP and CDR.

>Want to get Dreadlord Jaina.
>They show this skin.

I need more Doritos.

You aren't going to see her in baby dva form much, it's mostly going to be the pile of trash mech

I really hope theres a young Ana skin at launch.

but I didn't see one in development, so I am doubtful.

hows your weekend going /hotsg/?

Only shrike on launch, no youngin skin

I know exactly what you mean.

I just started playing around Stukovs release. just spent all of my hard earned bits on 1 drealord Jaina skin.

Now they're dropping Ana & new D.va skins.

being bad goy is suffering.

>Bikini Archer skin for Sylv/Tyrande never ever

Shit sucks.

>finally release a winter map
>the weather effects in the trailer aren't in the game

why? WHY??

>quick meme is garbage fest
>ranked takes 10 years to find a game, half of which is ruined by one idiot/troll
I hate this game so much

That's the point, making it his best ability.

To me pay to win is a game where you HAVE to spend money to succeed. Buying unlocks or XP boosts isn't pay to win, it's pay to not grind as much.

They are, just around the cores and not on the whole of the map.

>Buying heroes
>ever

Like holy fuck, they basically give you enough gold and chests for doing the tutorial to buy half the cast

Today was a frustrating day for HOTS. I just wanted to play Gul'dan.

It's not about HAVING to pay for success, it's also just that the boosts exist at all and are an automatic advantage and are applied from outside the normal gameplay.

Whether or not they bypass a grind is irrelevant and only furthers supports the pay2win argument, really.

>Losing as Gul'dan
How bad are you?

Eh, I still wouldn't consider it pay2win myself. Whether you spend 10 hours or 5 hours with a boost, the outcome is the same.

Buying unique items that give you boosts that you can't get anywhere else (e.g; Dungeon Fighters or most Nexon games) that the game slowly grows too hard for completely free players to compete, or even to finish levels is pay2win.

I mean, "pay to win" isn't usually literal. Just tends to be having "in-game advantages". Though i'd argue buying different things for money that have their own advantages and disadvantages aren't too pay to win since they can be countered, and bought with funpoint grinding.

are you sure, none of the gameplay in the map showcase had weather effects. and it explored the whole map.

Bad. I am gonna blame the amount of dive.

Yeah, Horrify works, but it came too late.

>no tank
>dude last picks Varian
>he goes twinblade
>Zag goes E quest + Maw
>uther goes full retard talents and is solo lanning/doing camps solo all game
epic game

>Junkrat
>"Highly mobile ranged assassin"
>Not only can attack while moving, but his attack MOVE as well ala grenades like Overwatch that bounce around and shit
Gif related, wew

you can grind from bronze to gm spamming valla, a 2k gold hero you get after 5 games

blizzard delet this or else

Just because a pathway to success with minimal purchase exists doesn't negate the existence of the pay2win path.

>First ever game of the Slug

Jesus christ. I got a monstrosity up to high stacks and let it push a lane for me, then took the monstrosity upgrade at 20

This thing could solo anyone on the enemy team. Why have I never played against a monstrosity this strong before? Does the average Aba just press R then let it autopilot to its death or something??

>weakness
>CC

How do you define "success" in heroes? I assume you talk about ranked, which requires 14 heroes of level 5+. Sure, buying stimpack accelerates your access to ranked, but nothing says owning the complete roster of heroes gives you any inherent advantage once you get there. Proof being you can climb to GM by playing nothing but the most cookie cutter ranged assassin who costs 2k cold. Are you saying ranked should be accessible by even a day 1 new account with level 1 heroes? I'm not following the logic.

That's not necessarily his basic attack, but even if it is it doesn't seem like he's attacking while moving as much as he shoots and then can continue moving while the projectile travels. You can see he stops when he fires the second one.

>strength
>area damage, mobility, escape, engage, long range, unpredictable movement, area denial
>weakness
>CC

I think the bouncing grenade is his Q or trait. If you look closely you see him attack again after he fires the first one but the second grenade doesn't bounce.

well /hotsg/?

because most people will depush the lane before you even get 10 stacks

>Not playing as the hordes bicycle

>not jaina

The video goes on but the grenades that impact seem to explode without bouncing and the ones that don't collide with a hitbox seem to bounce several times. That gif doesn't capture the second and third bounce that are in the video.
>youtu.be/8ywatBcHp2s?t=59s
You can see the grenade bounce at the robot's foot and then explode, the second grenade bounces over, off the back wall, and then back into the robot.

Tyrande is pure and not a race betrayer

I dont have any skins for her

I was personally talking in generalities about whether something qualifies as p2w or not when you replied to me about Valla. I don't really have a stake in the "buying heroes is pay2win" discussion at the moment. If we were talking about LoL, I might side with the p2w people but in HotS, it's not really that relevant and usually the flavours of the week are first ban anyway.

But if buying heroes was actually pay2win in HotS, being able to climb the ladder with an old 2k gold hero everybody has seen thousands of times does not change the fact that paying $10 to instantly be able to stomp through the ladder with the latest overpowered/unknown hero release is way easier and demonstrates a clear advantage for having a linked credit card.

Usually it's impossible to keep the Monstrosity alive against a competent team. It doesn't have any escape, or chase potential. At least not without the shield upgrade that gives a speed boost.

I've kept a Monstrosity alive for SO long on big maps with that bullshit. And you can't leave it alone or it's a free keep so my team gets to take free objectives. There's even some cases where no one on the enemy team can solo a 40 stack Monstrosity and they have to gank it.

pressurized glands and soma transference help keep it alive too, you can mooch HP for it while backing off, as long as you can rotate to a lane and soak some minion deaths it'll heal back up a bit.

>tfw hate overshit in this game
>tfw also like to be as cancerous as possible to shit up every match
conundrum pls help

>queue
>level 40
>team of 800s
>play tank because plays
>get plays
>no one backs me up
>tell me i fed after the game
>never had this problem before

Are you guys just shit at higher levels or what?