/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #569

''Taking down Pan Estates'' Edition

Previous Thread: >Before the Storm Gamescom Launch Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=OunUnpKLEGQ

>Release Dates:
Episode 1 − ''Awake'' 31 August 2017 (Out Now)
Episode 2 − ''Brave New World'' (TBA)
Episode 3 − ''Hell Is Empty'' (TBA)
Bonus Episode: Farewell − (TBA)

Life is Strange: Before the Storm features Chloe Price, a 16 year-old rebel who forms an unlikely friendship with Rachel Amber, a beautiful and popular girl destined for success. When Rachel’s world is turned upside down by a family secret, it takes their newfound alliance to give each other the strength to overcome their demons. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/554620
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive (UPDATED)

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/13846338
strawpoll.me/13846359
strawpoll.me/13834594

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA
instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

BAE > bay

BFFs, Pirates, Wonder Twins, Partners in Time & Crime & Love, Fellow Dorks, GFs, Wives.
OTP.
youtube.com/watch?v=rhvZxmgLfNA

Max is #1

R̵̼̹̦̐̈͂͊ ̷̦̝͜͜͝Ā̷͙̩̙̃ ̸̤̰̳͔̏̿C̸̢͙̪̐̆̃ͅĤ̴̤̆ ̸̛̞̞Ë̵̖́́͛͌ ̶̘͐͘L̴̘͆̈́̀ ̶̨̊̀͌ ̷̝̯̻̭́ ̶̙͛͝D̸͖̣̙̝͐̆ ̴̭̜͒̕Ȃ̷̰̞ ̷̞̃̒̌W̸͈̜͚͆ ̶̻́̔̑͝Ǹ̴̯̻̬͗̓̍ͅ ̴͓̟̪͊ ̴̫̗̰͐͌͒͋ ̷͂̐͗A̶̝͇̳̭͋ ̵̦̱͍͔̇M̷̩͒̒͝ ̵̡̨̙̫́̀B̶̖̀̇̏ ̸̛͈̻̳͗͠Ẹ̶̏͛̈́͝ ̶̫̗̱͇̒̿̋R̶̺͇̥̐̈́̚ ̴̙̓̑̀

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>So, once again we got the fact that our ending always will be BAE>Bay

Childhood is thinking Rachel is BtS bae. Adulthood is realizing it's Steph.

t h i s

shes gonna get like 3 scenes in the entire game though lol

Steph is great and all, but let's be real here...Rachel is on another level

As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

I disagree, but I'm a big fan of the idea of Tracer "showing Max the ropes"

THREE DAYS
HYPE!

Yep, a totally difference level of manipulation and selfishness

Steph is dank, but no way

Steph is a child that likes to play games and talk about comic books, Rachel is a real woman.

Don't bully Rachel

Then, as friends.
Now, as partners.
In the future, as soulmates.
Always together and always awesome.

where 2 cop camera mods for BTS

eh this skin tone is too light

Rachel would totally play D&D with Chloe and Steph and Mikey

Hmm... I really should have cut that better..

Here, I'll just save us all some trouble:
>Me: You're wrong
>You: No you're wrong
>Me: You're wrong
>You: No you're wrong
And that's it, now we can stop.

That's pretty adorable.
Steph seems to be BtS's Kate, a side character who pretty much everyone likes and wants to see more of. I also wouldn't mind seeing more of the Bounder bro.

Why didnt max just go back in time and stop cars from being developed if thats what kept killing her friend and her friends dad?

Maybe because she didnt have any selfies of herself taken in XIX century

not so sure she can go back to a time where she wasn't even born yet

Why look!

The rules of time travel in the LiS universe is based around jumping into her consciousness of another time from which she can manipulate herself and change the course of history, not actual teleporting to different time periods.

ChloeMax forever!

I think it's cut just right
Would you happen to have video of Rachel bringing Chloe closer to the room, like pic related by the way?

Her VA was posting that people won't be disappointed with Steph in EP2 so I'm hype though

It was never tried if Max could jump into photos she didn't take/wasn't in. She probably couldn't but it would be cool to think she could, and even take Chloe along.
Maybe with more time and training, she would learn to use her power that way and bypass the whole autopilot catch up thing. Just jump from into a photo and jump back to the present. Definitely a stretch and getting into entirely baseless headcanon stuff though.

Been a little bit since I've seen that one. Anything involving Chloe + sharks is something I love.
Perfect spirit animal.

And ever!

Here you go.

I'd get the longer cut but it looks weird with the subs just coming in, i'll play this part again and record without subtitles this time

Just in time!

Thanks, yeah if you ever feel like doing a version with Chloe looking to her sides panicked before Rachel grabs her that would be awesome, but no pressure, you already did a lot

Chloe's spirit animal is a blue butterfly.

That's what I meant by recording without subtitles because writing comes up when that starts to happen. I might do it tomorrow.

The butterfly just seemed to represent change and the power Max has. If there was any spirit animal for Chloe then it was probably the bluejay.
All that stuff's mostly up to interpretation.

My university is 15 minutes from Deck Nine's headquarters. Should I go bother them?

As long as it gets in the thread then I don't worry, though being right after Kate is nice. Even better are the rare occasions when they make it here first.

>ask to be a beta tester
>leak everything here
>????
>Profit

s-say hi and ask for some artwork

I think they're pretty welcoming of visitors, just don't do anything stupid that would bring shame to this place if they learned where you came from.

That's not bad, but I think I'll do what this guy says. Oh, and I'll wear my Pirate Bay t-shirt.

Cottaterra is on an art spree lately and I love it.
A good mix of LiS and BtS stuff. Definitely one of my favorite artists (Not counting the wonderful ones on /lisg/ because that would be biased)

>No, Chloe. Don't give any of that to Bongo.

And Steph is also a dweeb loser, not cool enough for Chloe at all.

Who is the bluejay?

Anyway, I think Chloe's spirit animal is the blue butterfly. The butterfly came to Max the same time she saw Chloe in the bathroom. A butterfly can symbolize "change" as you said, and Chloe has gone through a lot of changes in her life. She used to be a happy girl in her childhood, then everything changed when her father died and her best friend, Max, left the country. Max returned to her after 5 years and she became happy once again. You can also find a portrait of a blue butterfly in Chloe's alternate-universe room.

>Definitely one of my favorite artists
really?
Personally I find this artstyle kinda on the "ugh" side

The bluejay is the bird in Chloe's house Max can interact with a few times. Watching it die, rewinding to save it, letting it free another time, and photographing its nest.
The blue butterfly only appears a few times in the game and I saw it as just representing the concept and change and the "butterfly effect" instead of a single person. If you look into it, a lot spirit animals have vague and different meaning so multiple could be applied to one person. For example, in the prequel, the crow/raven is very fitting to Chloe but also to Rachel.
Like I said, a lot of this stuff has no right answer so it's interesting to talk about.

So BtS is set in 2010 and I'm guessing it will be set over 3 consecutive days just like LiS was. What happens between 2010 and 2013 when Rachel goes missing? What did Chloe and Rachel get up to? I thought Chloe and Rachel had at least a longish relationship so how will they show anything significant in 3 days?
This is probably a stupid question but oh well.

This is the best thing /lisg/ has ever created.

Some of it can be "ugh" if it looks off or there's too much emphasis on stuff like cheeks like there. Or if they make Max's skin a darker tone (A few artists do that for whatever reason).
Other times I think it looks quite good. If I wanted to list the artists I like then the list would end up being long or I'd be internally arguing and swapping them around.

Oh that blue bird... I thought it was something insignificant. I didn't even know how to save that poor guy.

They never really did have a true relationship based on everything we hear from Chloe, and what Rachel writes, in the original. If BtS covers just the first three days then it will likely be showing the first challenges they overcome together and how that solidifies their friendship and how it's something that gives Chloe hope.
I'm sure we'll see some more flirting and maybe a kiss, but there's not nearly enough time in those three days to show everything. There will still be a lot of open-ended stuff and questions everyone can make their own answers to.

>So BtS is set in 2010 and I'm guessing it will be set over 3 consecutive days just like LiS was
no idea
but the bts devs already stated that the game isn't going to be about the dark room/rachel missing

Reminder that today it's Hannah's 30th birthday!

I want to see her naked.

Max does too!

I'd actually kill for a scene like Steph asking Chloe if she wants to play again and Chloe being like "Hell Yeah" so they play for a while and then Rachel suddenly appears behind Chloe and is like "what are you doing?". So Chloe gets flustered and says "Shit, gotta go bye Steph" but before she can finish the sentence Rachel sits next to her and announces "I want to play too". And everyone's flabbergasted for a good 5 seconds until confused Rachel says "what, you help me in my drama class, i wanna know about the things you like too"

And then Rachel keeps getting rekt.

I'm sure you could if you paid her enough

You'll find out in Life Is Strange After the Storm

why chloe has monkey ears there

>Or if they make Max's skin a darker tone (A few artists do that for whatever reason).
they headcanon her as black

>Bongo
>2013 Chloe
Is Chloe hallucinating?

Thanks anons.
> If BtS covers just the first three days then it will likely be showing the first challenges they overcome together and how that solidifies their friendship and how it's something that gives Chloe hope.
I was assuming it would be something like this. I hoped there would be more time spent with them but I guess not.
>the bts devs already stated that the game isn't going to be about the dark room/rachel missing.
Such a shame but the game would have to be ridiculously long to show everything.

DANA?

I wonder if she's desperate enough for roles that she'd have sex with me for $100

wtf

I hope so. If they cut out any Rachel, Max, or Chloe content out I'm going to be hella angry.

Absolutely disgusting.

They look like 40yo dykes this pic.

Maybe. Maybe it's a timeline where he never died and got to grow old. Or maybe she and Max got another cat and named him Bongo in his memory.

Well where would the fun be if it showed every little thing? The charm of Rachel Amber in the first place was we heard tons of things about her and all of them could have been true or false, few people really knew her since she only showed one side to them and only opened up to a select few.
Giving us every little detail erases the mystery surrounding her.

eh. I don't see anything bad, even if it did make them look older then future Pricefield art is rare and appreciated.

Ah yes, the Irish. Well known for their dark complexions.
Dana looks like some Spanish soap opera's male protagonist.

>Well where would the fun be if it showed every little thing?
You are right but I just want more Rachel Amber

You got two more episodes of her, enjoy them. Just don't go overboard and forget that the story's ending is already known. Don't want you to get all excited, remember what happens, and get hurt by that disappointment.

I want less, so let's just compromise and keep things where they are.

I want Chloe to see Rachel's every detail

Just keep in mind how this all ends.

Sleep tight

Nice elf, glad to see he agrees

My heart...

Episode 2 literally can't come soon enough

Would Bongo and Alice get along?

>kek

Did that happen in the BTS universe?

she literally made everything worse by saying this.
Now everytime Chloe was crying herself to sleep she would remember Max's epic speech how she'll always have her back no matter what and will never abandon her and then she would look at her text history and cry even harder.
Good job Max.

Yes, I think so. That action should have affected the future of the original world, in which BtS happens.

Don't worry about me anons. I'll be alright.
Here is some OC for your troubles.

wow that is adorable.
Someone's gotta do the "Reasons to live" one too

lewd

I'll do it later if I've got time

nice KOTH reference

>RachelAmber4eva
Now I wish we actually went to classes as Chloe and had a zen moment when she absentmindedly draws/engraves "Rachel

Kiss Warren and Nathan.