/divg/ Divinity: Original Sin general

ship edition

Item crafting list:
rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/

Previous Thread:

First for armor system is shit

When I shift left click on an item, it disappears. Where the fuck does it go?!

wheres the swornbreaker blade reeeeeeee

Yeah, that's what I mean. It looks like there's an entrance but I can't seem to find anything

When i try tof inish respeccing it says i haven't chosen any tags? Does that mean I lose all my tags when respeccing?

Im level 5, and wanted the next tier Aero spells, but Gawain Obviously dies without ever actually vendoring items.

The only ones I have are Electric discharge, Favorable winds, Teleport and shocking touch.
And I can do that but the only Hydro Spells I have are rain and Hail strike(the generic ones) because My Hydros at level 1(I planned on leveling it up after Aero got to level 5), meanwhile my aeros at level 5.

Do you even need to level up schools to level 10 aside from summoning, or it's usually better to get five polymorph points and dump them into your main damage stat instead?

>Mixing cheese and bread doesn't make cheese bread

If you harmed slane you are subhuman

Has anyone made it through Arx and gotten through Lucian questioning you? I got this scroll from the toymakers house but theres no option to use it. I also try using the amulet in the room in the secret compartment but I can't open that either. Lucian still says I'm unworthy with the scroll. What else do I need to do?

You mean the path of blood?
I suspect it's what Swen referred to when he said that you'd be punished for stealing source from corpses, but too bad he didn't mention that at least two other activities you perform during almost every playthrough also are taken into account. If you want to skip the intended way of entering by just doing the quests in Arx you can dismiss one of your companions, hire a random NPC from the mercenary leader on lady vengeance and use the hireling to pass the trial.

I figured that would work but I wanted to do it the intended way. I can't figure out what to do at this point to advance, I even been running around for 2 hours banging my head into every wall. Thanks

Have you figured out how to reveal it? I'm stuck at the same place

Does it matter for the story which masters you learned advanced Source from? I picked a nasty dude as my first one because I assumed all of them will be dipshits but it turns out there are a couple of alright folks and I dont know if I will be "punished" later on for learning from the evil dude.

I'm in the same situation, I feel like I'm going to be missing out on too much if I do it that way

No, I just went somewhere else instead. I feel that I'm leaving so much shit behind in Arx and I have no idea where I should be heading

Where did the hireling vendor go after the crash?

I saw someone say living armour is bugged and doesnt trigger from certain healing sources, can anyone confirm what it does/doesnt work with?

Hall of echoes, same as the other npcs

What activities are those?

How do you actually go back there?

1) Never steal
2) Never kill innocents
3) Never serve the void (not sure what this is)
4) Never steal source
I dare say everyone's done at least one of those at least once which renders them invalid to take that route.

What?

Nevermind, I'm retarded.

Number 3 could be the choice that you made during the academy with the voidwoken NPC

if i use sabotage can i only target people who have a arrow/nade or can i target everyone and it just does nothing when they dont have one?

>Never steal
God dammit I was doing a good guy playthrough but some quests just make me want to nick a key or a note instead of having to kill the person. I guess I will be hoping people figure out what to do with the atonement scrolls or find some way around it all aside from recruiting a fresh NPC.

How can I install Mods? I use the Gog version and I have placed the mods into the local mods folder under documents/larian studios etc. but they still don't show up in the mod menu in the game.

>tfw can't figure out how to get out of hall of echoes
The portal icon on the map is there but theres nothing there to interact with to leave, reee

How do I get inside the trapdoor under the bed un Blood Dowry?

Lots of stufff like this in game. Undead were a last minute race tacked on. its best not to play one

>Game ran perfectly fine on ultra throughout act 1
>Get to driftwood
>Huge fps drop when in town
>Saving takes forever

>Run into secret dorf base
>Entire party is forcibly KO'd outside of combat
>Entire party is forcibly brought into a hole that you can't escape without teleports
>Entire hole is filled with gas before you can do anything
>Enemy instakills one of my characters before I can act
People will defend this

Lewd the lizards.

>Couldn't save the lizard prostitute who fell for me during the dwarf ambush

>He fell for the tactician meme

Cheese + Dough = Cheese Bread Dough

So how come when I change keybinds for left click and right click yes I'm a dirty scrub it removes the drop down box in inventory I can't left click or right click shit.

So are you not supposed to kill Wendigo in Fort Joy?

yeah, same thing here. just have to figure it out i guess, theres no fucking way back from the hall of echoes

what prompted you to even ask this question user?

Is there a way to change origin in multiplayer? Does the respec mirror offer that option, or am I stuck with what I started with?

>everyone says rangers shit out damage
>mine feels useless in act 2 after Ifan's overpowered crossbow stops being overpowered

What skills are you people using on your rangers?

Is there any advantage to being cursed? Do you bleed necro blood anything cool like that?

tactician is fun

How many chapters are there?
I'm in chapter 2 at level 13 and I feel severely underleveled

Can somebody help me with this

I see nothing but the trap door with 40 wits and I can't click on it because it's under a bed.

My ranger is doing insane damage vs armor even without skills,just get the high ground with tactical retreat when you can.

Rogues are the ones who shit out damage. Rangers are good all rounders and have some utility. Also make sure you're taking advantage of high ground.

Drag the bed?

>download new gog update because it's supposed to fix save bloat
>launch the game
>saves are still bloated
Damn it all. At least mine aren't as large as some people's.

I can't drag it. The icon shows up as "use"

Left click and hold doesnt work?

anyone made a successfull spear / morph char yet?

what did you pair with it? im thinking of the obvious warfare but with scoundrel+pyro 1 mixed in

So I'm meeting the 3 Necromance in the Tower and got their jars. Is their any way not to fight them? Seems weird that I can't tell em I picked them up.

No it doesn't. Blowing the bed up does nothing to it

>Larians games have always been somewhere between joke games and love letters to generic fantasy
>Find myself fully vested in the world, actually reading books. Shit I haven't done since Morrowind

How do I stop myself?

Gargoyle Maze or Witch first?

What exactly do you want to know? The quest log divides the game into 7 Chapters. There's 3 major locations and one smaller island. Just take a look at the level of the enemies you are fighting to see if you are actually underleveled?

Why stop when you're having fun you fucking doofus.

summons are completely fucking bonkers right now
>make Fane a necro/summoner
>6 points in each, although only the summoner points matter
>Beast is a pure scoundrel
>6 points in scoundrel, 6 in dual wielding to increase his base damage and crit multiplier for his backstabs
>Dwarf maneuvers his way behind an enemy by moving around threatened areas and teleporting over terrain bullshit
>gets a ~90 damage backstab off, two if he started the round in position
>Fane summons spooky spoder
>It walks straight up to whatever needs to die ignoring terrain damage because I don't care if it dies
>120 damage to the face
>it can eat something it kills and then hit the next thing that needs to die even fucking harder
>Fane is still free to do whatever the fuck he wants on his own turn for even more damage or utility per round
I mean, I know balancing games is hard but come the fuck on this one was just obvious.

Maybe it's about time you upgrade your weapon.
My Ifan still wrecks and can take out most enemy's armor in 2 attacks, maybe 1 if he crits.

How the fuck are ayou supposed to do the cave where the voidwoken seperate your party and spread them out? My only dude that had a chance of soloing was in a locked room he could not open. I just snuck one of my dudes until I found a waypoint and then fast travelled everyone else there, but I feel like that was not intended.

>Have one character with maxed persuasion
>Run into area
>NPC starts talking with character that doesn't have persuasion
>Fail the speech checks even though I have 40 in the respective skill and persuasion is the only skill that matters
>Initiate combat with enemies several levels above me
great game

There are a lot more quests in act 2 and the game doesn't really railroad you into level appropriate quests. If you see the enemy level being higher than yours, it's probably a good sign that you went the wrong way and should come back later.

Spell casters save necro should level their schools for the damage boost but everybody else should just splash high enough in whatever skills for the abilities you want then dump the rest in warfare/weapons/scoundrel/necro

If there is one thing I really like about this game it's how easy it makes it for you to RP and the many options given any many situations.

Like how I could promise Mordus to spare his life but then smashed his skull in anyway when he told me what I needed to know

Can I respec after leaving that ship?
afaik you have to use different persuasion types on different characters

Can someone explain to me how you should build characters?
Up to how many points into spell schools, how many into weapon types or fighting styles for melee

Dedicated summoning/pet classes are overpowered in like 90% of RPGs where they appear.

Very few do it right, because it's even harder to balance than normal gameplay mechanics.

If your persuasion isn't on your main, you're doing it wrong

>Not shitting 2k arrows everywhere or hitting over 3k with ballistic/assassinate
Once set up rangers fucking delete anyone without tone of physical defense

Doesn't even matter who it's on, some times the NPCs still talk to a different party member

>One weapon type
>Two schools
>Primary damage stat + support stat like wits or con

There is no reason to spec into two different damage types. its wasted resources

You should be able to persuade them if you have high enough stats. Doesn't matter though, they just want to die.

The Red Prince is a fucking slut too

Threadly reminder that lone wolf summoners with the All Skilled Up talent reach summoning 10 at character level 3 (three!), thus unlocking the improved uber pet.

>All this gay dialogue with Ifan

why is huntsman so bad 5% more damage highground when warfare is 5% all phy damage and the archer skill is 5% too

Like, what the actual FUCK did that dead dwarf expect after turning into a massive insect?

yeah I dont get, I seem to have no option to flirt with the female party member but get tons of options to be a faggot with Ifan I have to constantly turn down

Highground damage is multiplicative
Physicial damage is additive.

They ran out of ideas I guess, at least finesse, warfare, ranged, and the huntsman bonus all stack. 1 huntsman also gives access to the talent that lets you ignore AoO so at least it's worth splashing into.

Is there a consistent way to get black smoke up so rangers cant hit me? Adding water only makes steam clouds

>ending the Alexander fight by turning that fucking Metamorph bitch into a chicken

What do I do with the ghost image in Kemm's vault?

>Ifan's overpowered crossbow stops being overpowered

Dude you need to drop that shit immediately. Theres vendors in Driftwood that sell crossbows that are like twice as good. Also just pick up tactical retreat and always put him on high ground

I made it inside the vault and now there's another fucking secret part of it
Getting pretty tired of this shit

In the building where the dwarven wedding took place (Arx town centre) there's a hatch in the kitchen that leads into a cellar. In the back of the cellar there's a hatch that leads into the sewers. There are a bunch of kids hiding in a secret room and one of them has a painting that you can buy, steal or whatever you want. Placing the painting between the two other paintings in the basement reveals the door

Help

how do you get past the shrieker in the blackpits mines

Is Bloodmoon Island a main story area? Or is it a side area. I just want to go there and fuck around with demons without the story getting in the way

>Chicken touch goes through armor
Pretty broken spell tbqhf

Well, realistically, any person in his position would try to do the same. Likewise, only an idiot would let him go after doing all the shit he did. That's why I like how he didn't disappear in a cloud of smoke like in most games, you were actually given a sensible option.

Once he asplodes one of your party members, the others can get as close as they want. Just use the void consume thing on him. The only other way is with a purging wand I think, but I tossed mine out years ago

Fuck I've been to the dwarf cellar but I didn't spot anything there. Must have been too low Wits.

Arx is all kinds of fucked if you don't have enough WIT

Do you know what I should do to the trap door under the bed in Blood Dowry?

I still had charges on my wand, have no idea how you would do it otherwise.

Save a wand/ helm charge from act 1, sneak, or teleport/fly around the side. Or I guess you could go get 3 source so you can get the vampirism ability.

what is aoo?

i never had a purging want, i used tyrants helm but that one spawned a demon and then lost its purging power

i have vampirism but the range is extremely short

Is it hard to get more than 100% fire resistance?
I'm kinda entertained about the thought of a geo/pyro/war Fane with a fire staff who phoenix dives around, poisons shit then explodes all of it while being right in a middle of fun.

So which character should I give points in wit to?
Scoundrel seems like a waste because they always crit anyway and the new turn order makes stacking initiative on everybody kinda useless.

It's mostly annoying because aside from secrets there is absolutely no reason to ever put points into wits
I don't know what or where the blood dowry is so I can't tell, what does it look like?