/smtg/ - 真・女神転生/Shin Megami Tensei General

New 3DS game is called "Deep Strange Journey/Strange Journey Redux" further info and trailers:

atlus.com/strangejourney/home.html
shin-megamitensei.jp/dsj/
youtube.com/watch?v=6kXOfSFb2EU
youtube.com/watch?v=IvLc8kXrz1g
youtube.com/watch?v=kJ-5x5IaYFA

SMT HD Project teased at Nintendo Switch Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=ut9ekAp2drs

Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation announced for smartphones:
gematsu.com/2017/09/dx2-shin-megami-tensei-liberation-teaser-trailer

>Alignment themed concerts
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-law-side-concert/
personacentral.com/event/shin-megami-tensei-25th-anniversary-festival-chaos-side-concert/

>Starter guide
i.imgur.com/zJcYpuE.png

>Tips and tricks
pastebin.com/J6ER3Eve

>Fangames, artbooks, soundtracks, manga, and other downloads
pastebin.com/znkHg0kZ

>OST links
pastebin.com/kLbYxjFU

>Misc translations
pastebin.com/XE7fjVPy

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/72725-von-plays-giten-megami-tensei-tokyo-revelation/
pastebin.com/0gguMLyL
pastebin.com/21W8HmWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hoy.

Sup, /smtg/. Giten user here.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I found this LP by Von Ithipathachai. He didn't get too far (the poor guy got the worst luck with bugs and dropped it; you also don't have to grind that much to beat Dantalion, desu), but he did translate the game manual into English and made some very useful docs on demons, skills and equipment.

serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?/topic/72725-von-plays-giten-megami-tensei-tokyo-revelation/

I added those links to the Giten Tips & Tricks pastebin and updated the Custom Character Names for Chiitrans with some new translations borrowed from Von's docs.

pastebin.com/0gguMLyL
pastebin.com/21W8HmWY

I just finished Apocalypse.

Holy hell, that was a good game.

Nice work, user.

In other words,

it's good for your brain

i want to fuck my imouto Alice.

...whatever that means.

Un Alpha...

Which ending did you choose?

Bonds. I'm kinda glad I did, because I'm a huge sucker for happy endings. I'm gonna do Massacre on NG+.

YHVH was a fun challenge and final boss. I liked the party switching mechanic a lot. I liked the first form was a lot better than the second, though. I liked the party members denying him, too. It was a really clever and well-designed fight, all-round.

New Dagda is also a total bro.

>the no Transformation area in DDS2

Holy shit who the fuck thought this was a good idea

Sounds good. I'm still on my first playthrough, but was thinking about going Edgelord ending. I'm kinda sick of my 'friends', save Navarre and Gaston.

Really nice, user. Maybe I'll try picking up Giten again one of these days.

They get better desu.

Only Gaston gets any better. The rest never left the trash tier. Nozomi actually gets worse has the game goes on.

Nice work.

Nozomi was my favorite character, but yeah, I can see that. I liked Hallelujah. Navarre was even more tolerable than I was expecting.

>Nozomi was my favorite character

????????????????

I hate Hallelujah. Nozomi is okay, but she's literally my mother. Toki is just boring. Asahi makes me murderous.

Best brothers are best.

And to be fair, I my edgelord self Nanashi too. Goddamn that stupid hair.

Mine as well. In terms of design of course. The only tolerable character was Gaston in my book. Rest was either too clingy to Nanashi or outright stupid and pointless tag along.

Meant *I hate, of course.

Was Nozomi really that hated?

I do agree about the fact that too many people were attached to Nanashi. The Toki/Asahi thing was also just fucking idiotic. Love triangles in general piss me off.

Apocalypse/Final Nozomi is very different from IV Nozomi. In IV she seemed like a cool gal to hang and go hunting with but then Apocalypse came and turned her into some sort of pseudo Law representative that acts like a mother. Of course you can say it was the whole fairy queen thing that changed her but regardless it annoyed many people.

Nozomi made me go massacre ending

A quick question. I'm thinking of skipping the Moirae sisters at the obelisk in Nocturne. If I return to this dungeon later will they still be there?

Nozomi, Asahi, Toki, Hallelujah, Navarre, Isabeau, Skins, Fujiwara, Inanna and Danu made me go massacre ending.

>not based Gaston

Seriously, is he the best thing to come out of this game or what? He's my ride or die samurai.

Gaston is the only one with a character arc that actually goes somewhere. He also has a pretty good voice.

I cannot find any scans of this comic. Does any of you guys have them?

How do you skip them? Don't you need to beat them to get to the maiden and progress the story? Is there sequence breaking shenanigans in Nocturne? Playing it for the first time myself.

hi guys is this where I can discuss my favorite persona game and favorite persona gril?

You could at least make your bait a bit less obvious.

actually yes, 90% of the people in /pg/ has not played anything but p5 so

why people here have so obvious and horrible baits?

You'll most likely find better Persona discussion here than /pg/

It's not bait if it's true anons

>Persona discussion
>in /pg/
I'm afraid that's none existent, user.

No one in /pg/ played anything before P4 so yes

It's really that bad, huh? What a shame.

Yeah, it's pretty much 90% shitposting, 9% waifushit and 1% actual discussion. Unfortunately most of that discussion is mainly about Goro so it isn't very good.

>>>/pg/

Sure, why not. I like using her too because she is the only one early in the game that has access to Pierce attacks. In addition, her party-wide healing spells are more developed than Ken's, making her the best healer unless the MC takes that role.

does anyone has a clear png of the Smirk? I know one of you has it.

I'm at floor 110 I think of the obelisk where you can fight each of the sisters one at a time but on floor 100 there was a lift and a spirit who stated that I should take said lift to meet the maiden. i.e the whole point of climbing the obelisk. So my logic is if I go and see the maiden by taking the lift the spirit mentioned, would this progress the story and take away the option of fighting the sisters?

Yukari is OK, I was surprised to find out how relevant she was to the plot in the end.

it's on google my friend

I swear I searched it under both "Smirk" and "Nyari"

source

What happens is there's a lift after the final save point that takes you to a puzzle where you have to beat the sisters in the proper order to progress past them to another lift. This lift takes you to a fight against all 3 at once. After this you enter a white light to get to the maiden. After fighting them individually you're free to backtrack to the save point before heading up the 2nd lift and fighting them together.

Thanks for the help, friend.

It's sad how true this is

Where's Pascal the dog?

Does internet add anything to the 3DS SMT games? I'm probably going to buy a banned 3ds from a friend who is selling it cheap so I can finally play the 3DS games before Strange Journey comes out.

if its banned, doesnt that mean its hacked lol

cause you can just steal the dlc and soul hackers has street pass idk

He's fucking dead.

i'll make it better

rude

Yeah he got it banned doing something hacked. I'll have to pirate the DLC for anything I play

play coins and maybe some leveling demons. But who cares about exp and play coins you can hack so nah

Not him, but if the 3DS has homebrew on it, you can easily unban it to get internet capabilities back.
Chaos Alignment Points: Don't tell him this.

anything online related i know of is just street pass shit, and you can still use that when banned

he probably played pokemon early.

Not the buyer, but how? All I saw was changing some number, which is probably going to end up banned as well.

I GAVE my friend my banned 2DS, so it's kind of moot but I'd like to play Mario Kart 7 with them.

He got sick of having to urban it every few months so I'll gladly take a $40 3ds.

And thanks guys. Going to grab it so I can finally play 4.

Should be on .Basically, you do some things with a file called LocalFriend (something, i forget).

My friend is way too dumb to do this and just moved to Nunavut. Guess they're SOL.

I think this is the method I was aware of, though. Thanks.

what was his damn problem

No one knows. Except Japs.

At Lucifer's Castle in SMT II, this shit is so fucking confusing but finally im going to end this game, its a bad game but its somehow enjoyable, going to play SMT 1 next i hope YHVH isn't immune to gun because i spent my whole money on the best gun available and it was hitting for 450 crits in other bosses

gets out of wheelchair

But you didn't posted the best girl

her haircut and outfit is weird

neither did you

u prob gonna have a bad time

theres a glitch with the final boss but i cant remember specifics because i rage quit neutral

My bad. Her social linl in p3 was one of the best thing in the game.

she also talks weird

What do you mean? Fuuka has the best voice.

Pascal the dog is here.

Here's Improved Pascal

Holy shit, I miss these ducks. Does anyone have the entire collection?

That's discount Pascal.

He has mommy issues

in english? its stilted

whats with the ducks

Poofy pasc!

What shoujou manga is this?

I have some questions for you, /smtg/.
>favorite mainline?
>favorite spin off?
>favorite male character?
>favorite female character?
>favorite demon?
>favorite angel?
>law, chaos or neutral?
>do you have a waifu or husbando? If yes, who?
>favorite soft drink?

Surveys are shit, so is soda.

R00d

No.

What does /smtg/ think of Ulala?

Big dumb slut.

I want her to sit on my face.