Did it work?

Did it work?

are the chinese heads shaped like moons?

Not even a little. The number of ground rule doubles this wall has given up is embarrassing to the sport of baseball.

>china got conquered by northern invaders
>twice
you tell me

Nope. For most of its history though it wasn't one wall but several smaller walls that were gradually connected and strengthened. So not really hard to go around. Or just overrun where it was left to crumble.

Though it is worth saying that once the Chinese got serious about the wall, during the Ming Dynasty, which is where it reached its present length and height and most of the segments were fully linked, they never suffered another major invasion from the north after that.

>during the Ming Dynasty
>they never suffered another major invasion from the north after that.

But the Qing dynasty were northern conquerors...

Though to be fair they were allowed in.

Did you ever see the end of the Great Wall? Anyone could literally just go around it.

ye good fucking luck transporting a whole army and horses/supplies around that in any reasonable amount of time that wouldn't give the chinks time to respond

I wonder if there was one Chinese army officer who spent his days fishing off that.

the chinese knew the mongols are weak to water. look what happened when they tried to invade japan

a typhoon happened

Since you posted the Ming Wall: Yes.

The only way the Manchus got in was due to the Ming Dynasty falling, and rebels cutting up Ming Soldiers. The Northern Garrison panicked and its commander, Wu Sangkui, made a deal with Nurhaci to save him and his command's ass in turn for helping the Manchus through the wall and fighting the rebels.

This is now a wall rating thread
Byzantine walls held up pretty well.

forgot pic

Are castles in general allowed?

I'll take the silence as "maybe".

Well yes, they don't have any Mexicans

I'm sure they have at least 1

twice

>ITT people who don't know about the role of the wall
The wall wasn't supposed to stop nomads but to prevent large incursions by slowing down their logistics train.

So what's on the other side of the wall?