rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/

[PURGED]

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First

First for sebille best

PLEASE

Where does Gareth go after he leaves paradise downs?

Male elves really got the short end of the stick in every way.

>Jahan shows up in this one as well
Why can't you get him as a companion?

steamcommunity.com/games/435150/announcements/
New hotfix

Lads please help me find the demons name in bloodmoon island. Apparently I have to find some levers? to progress but I cant find shit.

Jahan doesn't have time for nonsense, he's become a clear-minded slayer of thots and demons instead

Motherfuck. Every time.
Anyways:

What race should I make my crossbowman?

>Divinity: Original Sin 2 approaches 500,000 copies sold in less than a week

>Despite an unlucky launch day, Larian's latest RPG Divinity: Original Sin 2 came roaring out of the gate last week, enjoying both critical acclaim and remarkably strong sales for what is, let's be honest here, a pretty niche genre. Yesterday it broke the 75,000 concurrent user mark on Steam, today it's even higher—a little over 85,000, according to Steam Spy—and even more impressive than that, Larian boss Swen Vincke told Eurogamer that it has already sold nearly a half-million copies.

Now that the Divinity franchise officially is dead, what's Larian's next move going to be?

After talking to Nicholas it renders my character unable to talk to anyone ever again, and fucks up combat so that the character is never actually entered into combat ever again.

Its as if my character is stuck in conversation, but is outside of a conversation and can still do things.

Here is a screenshot of my red prince spam trying to steal something without any real repercussion because no one can confront him.

If anyone knows any cheat engine wizardry to disable this flag, that can probably fix it.

Am I still fucked if savefile goes over 11 MB? Cause it just did

Human or Elf.

Elf does more damage but is squishier, while human Crit bonus is actually useful on Crossbows and Encourage works well with Rangers splashing buffs / utility.

>great sales off the back of a kick starter
>half a million sold on a niche as fuck title
>dead
What did he mean by this?

In a non dead thread this time
Is there a synergy between Living on the Edge and Supercharger? Or does Supercharger just kill it anyway?

It's a bait meme that's posted every thread user, lurk moar.

No it has been hot-fixed.

I know Divinity "lore" isn't really a thing but this game doesn't tie well with Divinity 2 right

>No it has been hot-fixed.
But the hotfix isn't retroactive. Large saves will still be large and will still take a long time to load/save.
Start a new campaign if you don't like it, I guess.

>just beat Alexander
>think it's gonna be smooth sailing for while after the act boss
>mfw the very first fight after that
Christ, Hammer's Pets hit like a fucking truck. And then you don't even get to heal.

The crashing issue has been hot-fixed so as long as load times are currently bothering the player they'll be fine.

Mine has now entered 12mb territory. Fuck act two. Patch does not work on my pc and i want to fucking die FUCK GOG

If you have Fane in your party you can use Time Warp on Malady to make the encounter dramatically easier.

> GOG

>Pay less, get worse service

Who'da thunk.

My save file spiked from 6MB to 12MB the instant I started Act 2, so I think this save bloat thing is working as designed.

Is there a torrent out there that has the patch already applied? I dont want to buy it again on steam and not have my saves

I hit 11 MB as soon as the boat arrived in Driftwood and the loading screen to get there was like 45 or 60 seconds instead of the usual 15. I haven't played anymore so hopefully it's just that one loading screen that is extra long.

Patch isn't retroactive so that's probably your issue.

If you've got the patch future play-throughs saves won't have the issue - if you've just applied the patch on an existing play-through you're probably stuffed.

Thats because it loads the acts memory into your save file. Thats normal.

so wouldnt that mean basically everybody is fucked then? How is that okay?

So I went to Mordus's basement and freed the lich, where did he go after that? I assume he can be one of your source master.

>achieve 150% fire resistance
>phoenix dive + supernova

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There is a locked room in Ryker's laboratory beneath his living room that I can't figure out how to open. the characters say there must be a mechanism but I cant see anything. Please halp.

>get the marker telling me where the archives are
>entrance wont show up

Is this a bug or am i missing something?

i dont have the patch,though. It gives me an error when i try to patch it.

>dominate an enemy
>they spend one of the turns wasting all their AP by running
>use the next turn by throwing a fire grenade into the middle of my team, not even anywhere close to an enemy
What the fuck.
The only difference between this an normal is that normally the enemies are smarter about their AP usage.

It doesn't crash anymore - but it doesn't solve the long load times on large save files so people aren't completely boned. Also not everyone had the large save file issue for some reason.

You do own the game right, I know pirated anons are having trouble with the patch.

Is making a "hybrid" party of mages and not mages even worth now? This armor system is so shit.

>using a weapon above your level kills your accuracy

well shit

any way to save the source hound doggo?

im going hydro/geo and put shit into strength for the melee

Help were do I find the Swornbreaker Blade and Hilt?

Do any NPCs carry over into act two, or should I just murder everybody before I leave?

Its just fine on classic, not sure for tactician. I have the classic mage/rogue/healer/tank party setup and havent hit any difficulty walls so far. The Rogue in particular became ridiculous somewhere around level 14. If you want to optimize and make a ridiculous team just go for the 4 summoners strat and have fun. Physical/magical attacks on demand and 4 bonus characters to play with each turn.

Anyone tried a Dagger/Shield tank yet? Teleporting around with Dagger/Huntsman skills and doing damage with shield bounce. I know Single handed sword/mace/axe is low damage compared to shield, is 1 dagger better or worse than that?
I'm trying to think of a build but there are so many possibilties and enemies won't target me anyway, it kinda sucks,

It works.

In fact on Tactician Act 1 is considerably more manageable with 2 Phys 2 Mag. It's only Act 2 onward it starts becoming a problem.

The real issue is it's a lot more management than just going 3-4 phy or 3-4 mag + utility. Hybrid teams don't come online until the Physical classes are higher enough level to get their "deals X damage to magic armor" skills and can start help softening shit up for the mages.

Uh weren't racial stats removed?

half a million sales from a no name dev on a kick starter project aint bad

So lets talk about Hydro/aero(H/A) vs Pyro/Geo(G/P).

Is there any reason to choose P/G(outside of just preference), over H/A? It feels like they both do the same amount of damage, with the only difference being Aero has alot of close-range/touch abilities, but I feel like H/A is way more efficient than G/P as far as Damage trade is concerned.

H/A Feels alot friendlier to anyone in your frontline when youre doing damage. While G/P is tossing mass amount of aoe that can combust and spread(Added to the fact that the Dev seems to have a thing for putting atleast 1 or 2 oil barrels in any fight) and large pools of oil(that cant be resisted by MR), H/A's attacks are alot more precise, either being Single target, short aoe, or explicitly only harming enemies, the only exception being Rain and some of the later-game spells.

From my knowledge , H/A also has access to alot more supportive abilities. I've been in many fights where it feels as if the fire is supposed to make the fight harder by constraining where you can go without taking unnecessary damage, however Rain makes things like that irrelevant(along with making the burning debuff from general pyro skills irrelevant).

They also have access to Heal, and MR regen, and as far as i know theres alot more dangerous magic-targeted CC(Charm, etc) compared to Physical-targeted CC(Knockdown, Cripple, etc).

There's also things like teleport and favorable winds which is awesome for anyone that needs to get in melee range. Only thing i can think of for P/G is they do a bit more damage and a way larger radius.

I hasn't left the sorcerer gulag yet and already have a troubles because my archer deal half of party damage so giving my mages bows and focusing on physical damage works better than doing stuff I used to do in DOS 1.

Where can i buy some spears? Hasn't found any since i pulled one from that skeleton in the cave.

>Tfw a CRPG is doing well

If you're going Hydro / Geo you should be using staves and playing a Battlemage.

Hydro and Geo both scale in Int, so your Hydro is going to be shite unless you allocate stats into it. Geo is similar with the one exception of Warfare / Geo tanks in which case all they're after is utility and armor so the Int scaling doesn't mater.

DOS2 doesn't punish physical magic mixes as hard as some people say, what it DOES punish is builds that split their primary scaling stat - STR / INT, FIN / INT etc.

If you're going STR + Geo you'll get much more use out of Poly as a splash skill, or even Necro if being a sustain tank.

Hydro NEEDS Int scaling to function or it just feels awful - trust me I've tried it.

Anyone? I can't acess the archives and thats where the book of hymms is supposed to be.

This is especially bad because this weapon is still higher DPS even with a 50% miss chance

(I'm level 11 for reference)

>They stayed away from the autismal D&D combat

The key to success

Use the shovel where the marker is. Actually use it in your inv instead of looking for a mound

>Game does well on its release week
what a surprise
On a serious note I'm glad for Larian but I hope they don't start going downhill because of recent successes

>let spider kiss me
Neat cool reward for having a spine and not immediately attacking it when it transformed
>check new talent
>permanent -2 to con

Guess I'm reloading and killing it.

What you get is based off your answer to her. My guy got -2 con +2 wis

I'd accept the con lost if it let me transformed into a were spider

>I know pirated anons are having trouble with the patch.
only if you are retarded and try to patch the GoG version with a Steam patch.

i tried patching the steam version with steam patch and still wouldnt work

Where can I find a shovel ind riftwood?

With no finesse option I'm hard pressed to actually go through with this, Even on another character, trading 2 equal stats seems pointless as I will eventually invest more into con on every single character.

If they wanted the quest to feel rewarding they should of went +3 stat, -2 con

Can somebody please tell me where Gareth goes after you kill Jonathan and show him the ring?
I've looked fucking everywhere I can think of.

>keep re-starting because I have zero faith in my build

I-I'll stop when the patch comes out, I swear!

Yeah seriously. I could tolerate shitty combat in planescape and baldurs gate because it's old and the writing is great but Obsidian's attempts recently have kept the shit combat but now the writing is complete trash.
Divinity hooks you in with the gameplay and then you end up immersing yourself in the writing even if it aint great (2 is a big improvement over 1 though)

Geo is really a tank skill in its current iteration and should be treated as such. It can get mileage on battle mages using staves for INT scaling melee but it works best on High Phys armor tanks and fighters.

Hydro / Aero are build to be the "supporting mage" skill trees. Teleportation, healing and general party support are what the skills excel at and the fact they combo together is just icing on the cake.

Pyro hits like a truck but only really feels good when combined with Geo - which feels lackluster on mage types.

Luckily like I mentioned earlier - Tanks LOVE Geo and Pyro Mages LOVE Tanks that spray oil everywhere like it's the Gulf of Mexico.

Pyro / Necro Mages actually do a lot of work in Physical based parties with a Geo / Warfare tank. Everyone's stripping physical armor anyway so it's easy to dump Necro debuffs and once there's oil everywhere you can start making explosions.

>Keep re-starting because I can't decide what race

Where did you even find Jonathan?

Don't you lose a lot of damage using staves at melee range?

If you're on steam just... let the steam version patch?

Grasp of the starved is pretty sick

Staves are a melee weapon. They get a ranged ability that can be cast once per turn, ala All In or Sucker Punch.

desu im just doing a build i saw on youtube, not sure what the late game is like but i mainly just combo rain with the poison shit to heal and walk around

Lizardgirl of course, how is it even a contest.

Don't forget to steal her rebirth idol if you're going to kill her to stop her from resurrecting. Speaking of the idol, can you actually recharge it again after it's used? The fact that it can be used as a combination material makes me think that you could.

>give friend GOG link
>Got a steam patch for the not-last version
>it installed and works fine

I mean, don't they have much lower melee dmg to any other melee option?

No, they are like every other melee weapon -
but scale with INT and deal magic damage, hence why I said they're good in battlemage builds.

Just swap your fighters STR for INT, mix in a bit of CON and enough memory to cast all your spells and you'll have a magic-based melee unit in no time.

The recipe for it is found in the skinner guy's lab in act 1. I've found another note later in act 3

anyone know where to find jahan when you're confronting the demon in Arx? I thought that fucker was gonna help

I don't think so, but their melee damage scales off both your Int and your 2-handed combat ability. The plus is that you also can use magic spells which scale from Int, too.

I'm not sure if staff melee attacks can crit, however.

I beleive so

he is a pirate who is too dumb to replace a single .exe file wiithout breaking everything.

of the 3 patches since release the very first worked on both versions. the other two dont.

im not, i pirated it

Yes, just combine it with a res scroll.

Neat

What traits does a wayfarer want? I don't see how geo/huntsman/ranged is the proper build.

Im thinking Ranged>Huntsman>Scoundrel/Poly in that priority order, opinions?

Shit, I didn't know that, sounds baller. Wouldn't I need to increase finesse anyway to be able to wear proper gear? And what would be the best option for Battlemage, Geo/pyro, Geo/Aero?

What do I do with the Unusual Blade and Artefact?

yeah youre right, geo in general is garbage unless youre a frontline or a pyro mage.
Ranged>Poly(level 2 only)>Huntsman>Scoundrel(Level 1 just for adrenaline) is better.

after you get huntsman to 5, poly > huntsman since you can put those points in dex

Where can I find my gear after getting thrown in the Driftwood prison? The only nearby chest I found was empty.

I went Warfare/Aero for my battlemage for mobility and melee damage skills, due to Warfare scaling off whatever type of melee weapon you have equipped.

Which subclas work best with Scoundrel?

How do I take care of shriekers on Act 2 if I got rid of the wand and braccus' helmet stopped working after a few shriekers and killing the demon?

>Driftwood Cemetery
>See this

Wat do

I got my rogue to 5 scoundrel, what other stats are good on this class? (dual wielding lvl 5 aside) I already have 2 poly melee frontliners

See this
but with spooky vision

spirit vision near tomb, 2 1 3.

Arrow Recovery, Elemental Ranger or Glass Cannon for snibbity crossbow sniber?