/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

Previous Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and Action Replay DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 17] VitaShell 1.7 released. Introduces a QR code scanner and the ability to mount sd2vita/psvsd as usb device. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/1.7
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AfmhfujKgLzPZKdTUlroISpBuJ6HRWPO1dAJySEp0PA/edit?usp=drivesdk
gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/
yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php?date=09-18-17_08-00-44&sys=ktr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Whoever tricked us to go to nintyg: Fuck you.

3.61+ never ever

Have the chinks not learned about NoNpDRM yet? Why aren't they dumping shit?

>being that retarded

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AfmhfujKgLzPZKdTUlroISpBuJ6HRWPO1dAJySEp0PA/edit?usp=drivesdk
Question, Can I install the stuff posted here from the getgo already? I see the Akiba's Trip DLC is finally there, but I don't know jack.

Any way to play vWii software with the Wii U gamepad yet? I know the answer is likely "no" but I need to ask anyway.

>falling for it
You deserved it.

I'm getting the Switch pro controller soon as part of the XC2 stuff.
Will it ever work with Nintendont?

Yes, are you trolling?

Are you serious? The answer has always been "no" every time I've asked before. I specifically mean using it as a controller, not just using it as a screen and requiring a Wii remote/classic controller/Gamecube controller.

>unfunny faggot links to nintyg and then samefags

Fuck off, retard.

yes

You wish kid. This isn't even the first time it has happened.

There's been nonstop discussion of it for the past week or so

You morons let the thread die edition

In favor of nintyg too.

Well in that case I'll start digging through the archives, thank you for telling me!

Been out of the loop for a bit, what's new and important in the 3DS scene for someone who's already hacked? I took care of updating to B9S, and I'm aware of nu-Freeshop and Anemone. Anything else?

>Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two.
What happened to the last two?

How exactly do I get the PKG direct link?
And how do I install it in case I want to?
But most importantly, can I actually use the direct link to download and install stuff I bought and use it just normal?

It's too sad.

Dumb internet drama, mostly.

Sorry about that, I've legitimately been out of the loop for the last few months, I just made the switch to b9s. Is this a meme now?

No, it's still the current boot method.

Is there one of those "I'm a fucking idiot, spoonfeed me like a retard" guides for updating from an older version of Luma to the latest one? Do I just open the Luma app and let it update, or what?

Open luma updater.

I tried that, it said the download failed.

Wow. A dumb redditor through and through.
Just keep it on the version it's on and don't update until necessary. Then follow the op guide or something.

Are you using the old A9LH version or the fork for B9S?

How do you set up a DSTT to play ds games on a cfw 3ds?

b9s or a9h? if a9h, follow the guide in the op

Install ntr launcher.
Put this on the DSTT SD.
gbatemp.net/threads/retrogamefan-updates-releases.267243/

A9LH. Seems I need to update that first, then. Apologies again for being a retard.

If you know how to extract vita pkg files, sure.
Report back here if you do.

Does anyone have a link to a patched DGS case 1 .cia?

Yes.

I'm sorry. I don't.

This fossil has been collecting more dust than a granny's tunnel. I finally wanna get some use out of it again but...
>11.5.0-38U
Am I fucked guys?

>collecting dust
>11.5
Stop lying.

ntrboot

Have a 3DS with a legit digital copy of Smash Bros that I want to update, but don't want to lose my homebrew.

What's the best way to update it? I opened Freeshop to see if I could grab the update that way, but it looks like it's not updating anymore? I haven't touched this thing since the Switch came out so I don't know if people have moved on to new software for installing/updating shit.

Updated it when I finally turned it on again recently.
It wasn't until today that I decided I wanna homebrew it

you dont lose anything if you have cfw user

Well aren't you a big fucking idiot

Don't worry, there's hope for you. Just pony up $20 for an R4i Gold on nds-card.com

>ntrboot
Are there any available hacks that require me just to have an sd card and nothing more?

Oldschool a9lh user here on 11.3. Dont like b9s and dont want to go through the effort of installing cfw again. Need to update my 3DS for online use (pokemon trade/battle)

Is it possible for me to update to latest fw to get online (if so, how?), or is there an easy workaround/spoof?

Have a cute Haruka for your time.

But I can't access the shop without a firmware update. Wouldn't that lock me out/brick?

download smash update off 3dsiso
install it
done

Shit welp looks like I goofed. I might just try to wait until there's another exploit. Sucks that homebrew without cubic ninja on this version JUST got patched.

Do you really think people would tell you to spend money if it was possible to do it for free?

How's the compatibility with EasyRPG Player on 3DS? Can I play my shit eroges?

Yes.

>Oldschool a9lh
bitch that's not oldschool, real oldschool is menuhax

Sounds like you're retarded then
My condolences

no

Oh yeah well you're stoopid

Real oldschool is MSET Brickway.

Not him, but previous threads people began intentionally making bad advice to either prevent suspected retards from softmodding, or brick them altogether "for the lulz".

Bruh how can you not afford $20

Or even $8 for a DSTT

Good thing all this info is in the guide and you don't have to trust random anons, huh?
Now if only these retards actually read it instead of asking stupid shit

if you want to go that far, how about MSET ROP chained Gateway Loader into rxtool/cakes?

You didn't have to reply

>helping a dumb fucking frog poster
>ever
Kill yourself my dude

I'm not the one who spoonfed
Those who do are equally retarded

Not the problem, just bought a couple things such as an SDCARD reader and I was trying to be frugal but I'm probably just gonna pony up the dough either way

Give me the name of the shit eroges so I can play them please

user, do you need a hug? You're very upset right now and I think that speaks to who the actual retard in this is. I'm new to homebrewing and just afraid of only using a guide and not actually having a person help a little. Don't wanna end up turning my 3DS into a can of spaghetti-os.

Anyone know what firmware ships with the samus new 3DS XL? I was thinking of buying one.

The guide we have now is probably as idiot-proof as it gets. Read, step by step, skip nothing unless it doesn't apply to you, and you'll be fine.

Yeah I'm checking it out now, I admit I shoulda looked at it before posting. I got lazy, sorry bout that.

I'm still on 11.2, I kinda don't wanna update to 11.4+ or whatever the latest is now because of ctr-httpwn breaking.

Am I being too anal about this? Should I just update?

For updating from a9h to b9s do I need to bother uninstalling all the games or will the upgrade erase anything anyway.

I've had this thing since rxtools and don't even know what is safe to delete off the sd card anymore.

>19:59:45
Damn

Just check out /hgg for all your degen needs

Guys theres a new nver for the n3ds. Possible new update!

here we go again

yls8.mtheall.com/ninupdates/reports.php?date=09-18-17_08-00-44&sys=ktr

Nothing gets lost in the upgrade.

FUCK
THERE'S A NEW SYSTEM UPDATE FOR 3DS

The only excuse for using ctr-httpwn is because you didn't install a9lh/b9s.

>be me
>quickly updating games through the eshop
>have 2 updates left
>"You must perform a system update to use this function"
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE WAITED 10 MORE MINUTES

Just upgraded from a9lh to b9s.

So should I just upgrade then?

Is there anything you can do on the latest update that you can't do with httpwn?

Cool, so I should be able use the ntrboot with that? I already own a b9s n3ds XL and was thinking of buying the samus one and giving my current one to my bother.

Is Nintendo still doing the screen lottery with them as well? My current has an IPS top screen and TN bottom screen.

Use freeshop

Yes, you should.

If you were on 11.3 or below you could just use httpwn to update

Yo I use a9lh. Can I update to latest fw?

no.
instabrick

Yes, you can use ntrboot, and yes, it's still a screen lottery as far as I'm aware.

Yes, update to 11.6
It definitely won't brick :^)

>caring about bricks when you can backup nands and restore them with magnethax if massive cluster fuck
Really nigger?

Fair enough. Can I spoof to latest, then? I need the online function for games.

I've got an old 3DS I haven't thrown online for a while, what were the steps to avoid future banwaves?

Is there a guide?

Update your luma to 7.0.5
After that most games should work online fine.
If anything you want to do is related to eshop or NNID, use httpwn

Why rhe christ are you beliveing that fearmongering faggot? A9lh and b9s are safe from any update.

Reminder: 3.61+ anigaymes not worth waiting for.

fuck i cant remember the name of the hacker bounty site

did nintendo make any payouts recently to coincide with this update?