Old thread → → →
>The Basics
ACNL basics guide - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/
AC wiki - animalcrossing.wikia.com or nookipedia.com
The "pthhhpth" pastebin (FAQ) - pastebin.com/jU4CeWhu
Brand New Catch - thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/today

>Furniture & Collectibles
Item database - moridb.com/
Museum checklist - mediafire.com/download/0p18zy41jkxsy8a/ACNL_Fossil_&_Art_Checklist_RC2.xlsx

>Customization Guide
Image/Pattern Converter - thulinma.com/acnl/
All Furniture Customizations - customnewleaf.tumblr.com/ imgur.com/a/mfGqi
Image2QR code - mediafire.com/download/d0g3vj88g0gk1pf/Version 0.4.zip
Pro Designs Android App - play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nefastudio.android.dmoridesigner
QR Paths - pathmagic.tumblr.com acnlpaths.tumblr.com/ acpath.tumblr.com

>Happy Home Designer
All villagers & items - happyhomedesigner.wikia.com
FAQ - pastebin.com/f8pnU0wr
Amiibo cards - nintendo.co.jp/3ds/edhj/amiibocard/index.html

>How to play ACNL online with /acg/
People need to add each other's FCs in order to visit faraway towns.
Put your name and FC in the name field to save time.

>Current DLC
fucking nothing

>Upcoming Birthdays
September 9 - Pinky
September 10 - Pecan
September 11 - Peewee
September 12 - Boone
September 13 - Moose

>Upcoming Holidays & Events
N/A

>Misc.
Neighbor move in/Camper Reset trick - i.imgur.com/meQutqI.png
What is the void? - pastebin.com/9KPbdnSY
Preventing moveouts - pastebin.com/avaKnPPc
Welcome Amiibo FAQ - pastebin.com/aAbMZwmM
ACNL OST - pastebin.com/bPyY03LK
Upload to Imgur via 3DS browser - webrender.net/imgur/
Dream codes - pastebin.com/PCmJZ5WA

Update the birthdays.

>Leaving your name on when making the OP
Terrible form

Balls, my bad.

September 18th • Bubbles
September 19th • Fuchsia
September 20th • Octavian and Norma
September 21st • Henry
September 22nd • Ankha
September 23rd • Cranston
September 24th • Apple and Blathers
September 25th • Mitzi
September 26th • Leilani and Teddy
September 27th • Beardo
September 28th • Kody
September 29th • Marshal
September 30th • Monique

I'm sorry! No one else was making a new thread and the old one was going to die and I panicked.

Works out either way, better than waiting until it's actually dead.

I'm dying for some news on AC mobile. Any predictions? Any hopes?

Predictions? Nothing.

Get a switch

The Switch is the only Nintendo console that I didn't adopt at release. Animal Crossing significantly better suited to portable platforms than consoles, and no matter how Nintendo tries to market the Switch as portable, I can't ever see myself willing to take the Switch tablet out of the house.

Gonna be on the Switch, and it's more or less going to be the same as NL, but with some new villager interactions/dialogues and PWP.

That may sound a little pessimistic, but I wouldn't put it past Nintendo.

"Don't fix what ain't broke", right?
I just want a camera you can rotate and go back to not having a tube world.

Tube world?

Tube world

AC used to not have a rotating landscape. It was flat, with cliffs.

I think they mean the old GameCube style of world and not the "rollingpin" style we have now.

So what new things would people like to see in the next Animal Crossing?
Not counting things that have already been done in the series, no "going back" to old features, purely new things.

Dating and marriage

I'm not sure why I didn't expect this.

I'd like to see dating between the villagers, but not the player. I mean, the random conversions in NL sometimes just slap two villager names together to make a "relationship", but I mean real relationships.

As for the player, I'd like to see maybe a "best friend" system. Not quite dating, because that's wierd with animals, but close.

And maybe more interactions with major NPCs like Brewster or Isabelle.

To give away I have:
1 warm painting (if you need it for your museum)
1 mega puffoid
1 mini buzzoid
1 tall gongoid
1 silver nugget
7 unassessed fossils (can't find one of them)

Anyone want to help me find my last fossil?

I've scanned Maggie into my RV campsite. She has flower shop furniture. Would anyone like to visit her?

I'd love that painting and to visit Maggie!

I could probably help look for that fossil too, I got an evening to kill

A more refined friend system with the villagers would be really nice. And I don't like dating but having each villager have preferences for the other villagers would be cool, maybe partially based on personality and partially based on rng

I forgot I have Flip visiting soon. You can come on over after he's left

Okay! Just post when he's out and I'll head over

I should have also mentioned: in regards to more interaction with major NPCs.

I'd like to see the more "out and about" during off times. Like, it would honestly be ok if city hall, the museum or The Roost had closing hours if it meant that Isabelle, Blathers, Celeste, and Brewster had down time and could wander about, shop, etc.

Also, make Celeste in charge of an observatory again. That was a cute feature.

Gate's open

What are some of the top tier qualities of a town? Like placement of river, grass pattern, etc.

Ah! Alright, I just started to make dinner, can you wait like 15 minutes or so? Sorry mate

Okay, tell me when you're ready

Just fyi, I'm balls deep in a Nyquil haze.

kek

Alright, I'm back! T

Gate's open

Just got resetti'd, I'll try again

I'm right next to my modem. I've had several people over today so it must be on your end

I don't know what's up, it was working fine awhile ago. I'm next to my modem too so who knows. I'll try one last time before I give up and try some tech support

Welp, shit's not working. Sorry about the waste of time, man

Bump

This thread is more dead than Battleborn.

Is it a known bug/glitch/fuck up to only be able to have people visit your town but be unable to visit someone else's?

A couple people are having that issue.

Anything to do about it?

One guy assumes it is his modem. A week or two ago he said he tried everything he could find. Have you tried resetting the modem or updating the firmware?

Looks like scorpions are still around.

Firmware is up to date, I'll try reseting it but looking at other forums this just seems to be an unlucky unfixable thing

Something must cause this.

Alright, reset my router, reset my ds checked for updates on everything, could anyone open their gate to see if I can visit?

I haven't had issues.

5370-0538-0043

Added, care to open your gates?

With my buddy, it usually takes a while and the Resetti pic happens, I think. I'd like to try visiting you as well.

I get stuck on "waiting for train" and then get the resetti pic. Want to try visiting me first?

They just want to be pretty. Let them be pretty!
I'll go with everyone else on some refinement with the villagers. I'd really like it if it was possible to grow watermelons during the summer. The "perfect" watermelons could be square.
Mailing letters to NPCs or heck, even your mom. Mom's always sending me things, I want to send her a gift too.

:/ got the resetti error like usual, I'll open up see if you can't come over

I'm seeing the same thing I saw with him. The saving screen takes a while. Want some purple or orange roses?

I'd love some orange ones, been trying to grow them for awhile now

Did that user that was giving away all sorts of items return? I know they were having issues with the internet connection...

Same problem as Satch too

Not that I know of. Maybe they had bigger internet problems to fix.

So trying to find this problem online is hard, it just returns people that can't connect online regardless. Everything works for me, Island, having people Visit, uploading my dream, I just can't visit.
It's such a weird issue to have

What flower combos do you guys like? What do you think would look good with black flowers?

Gold and black roses go pretty well
I have this one patch of roses that goes black-gold-black-gold-etc.

That really sucks, I'm sorry. No error codes or anything either?
Pink looks good with black, at least pink lilies look good next to black ones in my opinion. I like having yellow pansies next to the orange ones. They grow like that anyway but they just look really nice together.

No error code, just the Resetti pic

What's going on with connection? Apparently I need to update my 3DS, but it isn't connecting to the network...

I like orange and black roses even if it looks a bit Halloween-y. I love Halloween, so it's okay. I also have purple tulips in a square with black roses as corner accents. Also, that Bob art is adorable.

Also the bf chat works fine.

Ugh, I hate that, it gives you nothing to go with.
Oh, here's something I ain't heard suggested: voices. Just because villagers have the same personalities, don't mean they gotta sound the same. They don't all need to be drastically different, just deepen some voicebanks or give each voice more personality to match what they're saying.

was Marine Song 2001 always in the game?

Holy shit, it's one of my favorites and I assumed they left it out of New Leaf.

yeah

Been casually resetting my 2nd new leaf cartridge the last few days bc ive been wanting to play some. Just got what im pretty sure im gonna stick with.
>Boomer (one of my faves)
>Kabuki (another fave)
>Pecan (alright squirrel)
>Carmen (pretty good rabbit)
>Axel (only one im not sure about be hes alright looking)

Green train station which im cool with, triangle grass, only big gripe is cherries but ill probably just replace them later. Not 100% on the layout but its pretty good, i just like to have my shop, town hall, and square pretty close.

What will you do with that top left slither of space? That river is quite crazy

Yeah its definitely kind of a bummer. Not a deal breaker though. Ive been resetting for a while and it seemed like every time i managed a 10/10 layout i got some pretty garbage villagers. I think i can work with this one so i guess we'll see!

I've got some blue & white roses rows going on right now, looks nice to me. Same for purple violets and purple tulips.

>garbage villagers
Just keep in mind villagers are replaceable, but your town layout is not. Kind of a scummy way of putting it Anyways, don't let my/others' autism for the perfect town bother you. If you like it then go for it! Good luck!

Was I going to give you something?

I don't think so, m8

Haven't played in two years, kinda scared to see what my town looks like.

>tfw you take a long shower and start feeling autism about your town layout and want to reset again

y-y-you did this to me user

You're headed down the rabbit hole, user. The perfect town doesn't exist and you'll burn out your interest for ACNL sooner than later looking for it. My advice to you is:pthhpth

Bit cheeky, but could I get a pink carnation from someone?

Alright, /acg/, decide now. Which face is best face?

>op pic we have already used three times
>outdated birthdays literally 2 weeks old
>holidays aren't even fucking listed
>millennial regs left in droves and were replaced with a niche of lazy gen z kids

/acg/ is truly dying. ;_;

you still here? I have a lot of pink carnations to give away.

Yes!

3282-5194-8641

I’ll try to wait in the thread this time

Alright. I'll drop them at your town. Is there anything else you want? Hybrids?

aya kyogoku and reggie both said we won't see shit of "another ac" until the mobile game.

But they've been reiterating this crap for an app that is 2 years LATE and supposedly has according to insiders, been through 3 face-lifts.

Nope I’m good for now thanks.

Gates open

Anyone would like to adopt Mac?

Bump

That's the longest river I've seen, have fun living in Waterworld

Who /raining in town and irl/ here?

paintings to give!

just started a new town I'm not a newcomer to the series having played the DS and GC original but I am new to this game, what is the fastest way to get my character situated (pay off debt/get better house) and stuff so I can actually enjoy the game?

try the stalk market.

You'll get the island soon, go there at night and farm beetles and sharks. You'll get a few hundred thousand each trip

Island beetle farming to get enough bells to start out with turnips. It's insanely fast and will probably work out getting you richer than you actually want to be so early on.