/indie/ Indie and Misc. Games General

Last thread
>What the fuck is this
/indie/ is the general for all indie games, such as LISA, Yume Nikki, OFF, Middens, Underrail, OneShot, Rimworld, Age of Decadence, VA-11 HALL-A, Subnautica, Machinarium, DashBored, Vampire of the Sands, Darkwood, Card City Nights 2, Braid, Monolith, Axiom Verge, Guacamelee, The Desolate Hope, West Of Loathing, Gone Home, Stardew Valley, etc. as well as other games that just don't fit in any other general such as Atelier, Rayman, Pillars Of Eternity, Rise Of Nations, and Valkyria Chronicles. Absorbed the /lite/ general some time ago and /jrpg/ is welcome.

Mobile or consoles, flash or unity, freeware or early access. This place is a home for the indie game community and indie and obscure games that don't have a home. So be free to talk and share all your hidden gems, forgotten games and starving devs here.

>Can I talk about games that already have a general?
We mostly discuss games that are not popular enough for their own threads (since they have no other home in Veeky Forums), however, all indie games are allowed. So talk about them if you want, but don't overdo it since you already have other generals for that.

>How can I contribute?
All we need right now is people to talk about their loved indie and miscellaneous games, so don't be afraid to post, bump and reply your fellow anons. Also we're looking for anons to make new pastebins/wikis/images and update the ones already made. And please give lots of feel, love, kind and nice to everyone, except namefags. And be sure to make a new thread if nobody else does.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/ZbG0JPSn

>Booru
indiegame.booru.org

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/indiegamesgeneral

>Link to the winners of the GTP Indie Cup.
pastebin.com/u9TYjkj3

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5DuuPetG5w0
youtube.com/watch?v=GBFmIn4QOjw
archiveofourown.org/works/8355631
underrail
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1st for Stardew Valley is best game

2nd for you're wrong but that's a very innocuous opinion to hold

in-die.

>Playing Darkwood
>Got done with the Silent Forest, decide to leave for the third hideout the next morning
>The furniture barricade that had flawlessly blocked everything for the previous 6 nights gets pushed through and almost gives me a heart attack, but by now the savages aren't really a threat and I easily survive
>I think to myself that I've finally gotten strong enough in the game to not worry about anything else and I make my way through the bridge
>I thought it was going to be a walk in the park until the hideout
>mfw the 3 or 4 I don't even know how many chompers rape me to death twice

>After the second death it's getting so late that I don't even know whether I can make it to the hideout in time, but I already dismantled all my defenses to pack them for the next hideout so I wouldn't have much of a chance to survive in the second hideout either
>Keep running into big dogs on my way to hideout 3, I'm injured and I don't have bandages on me
>Make it at dusk, with barely enough time to put some juice in the generator, barricade one door and set down one trap
>All of that just before another chomper just storms in through the other door
>mfw

I don't even know how I survived that shit. Second night was even worse because I had actually prepared and I thought I had this hideout figured out, but one chomper just broke down everything, and even after killing it I ended up running in circles around the house while the second chomper chased my ass until sunrise.

It's such a comfy game. I want that life.

My game comes out tomorrow if anyone's interested

where do get?

Steam and itch (mac and linux only on itch)

I just killed Balor in 3 turns with no damage taken or enemies alerted by using cut-throat. God damn stealth knifers can be powerful when the enemies are set up just right to allow undetected kills.

Congratulations on making it dude.
t. former /agdg/ poster

Any of you played Red Solstice? I played it with a handful of friends several years ago but there never seemed to be a lot of players. It's a neat game, though.

How much tactical depth does it have on a scale of 1 to 7,62?

Just successfully did mutagen puzzle, how many steps does usual sequence have?
>helicon3,helicon1,echo4,ovid2,helicon1,helicon3,io1,echo2,helicon1,echo2,io2
In my case.

Oh fuck, I dunno. A pretty good amount. It's a fucking difficult game. Easy to fuck up and ruin a run.

Wew. When you have the time could you post your reagents? I'd like to see if there weren't a simpler solution. But anyway, congrats for actually solving the puzzle on your own despite being a complicated one.

Now imagine how strong they were before Styg slightly nerfed them. That actually caused a smallish outrage, reading it you'd think knife builds were made inviable.

dededededededededed

I wish the faggot that made Teleglitch would make a Teleglitch 2.

i can't believe niko got turned into a one-eyed winged nigger

What are games like Shadowrun Returns?

What do you like about Shadowrun Returns? There's a broad range of games with relative similarity from Divinity Original Sin to X-Com.

Also Returns was dogshit and Dragonfall was much better but that's neither here nor there.

turn based tactics rpg cyberpunkness

Invisible Inc.

Also I'll recommend Frozen Synapse even though it's not an RPG and has simultaneous turns because it has great gameplay and is as top tier cyberpunk as you're going to get out of a videogame that isn't an adventure game and doesn't have deus or shock in the title.

Thanks lad

>things that go bump in the night

I remember trying Invisible Inc and being very unimpressed with it. Have they fixed it?

No clue.

>preorder exclusive content
dropped

What are some games that are like Underrail

Fallout

>tfw a Satanic Cthulu thing shows up

Thats okay!

hey i played mormon temple. it was weird.
youtube.com/watch?v=5DuuPetG5w0
don't is also an alright game but it's hard as balls
youtube.com/watch?v=GBFmIn4QOjw
i like video games.
i've seen enough hentai to know where this is going
it's okay. dlc from what i've heard provides more closure.
returns is okay, dragonfall is good, hong kong is okay. orc decker or dwarf mage is what i usually roll with.
that's cool. i don't really want to play that but that's cool.

How Stygian

archiveofourown.org/works/8355631

oh right, i forgot you guys don't like me. sorry about that.

It wasn't done on my own though, I though I had to make exitus2(it was mentioned on console) somehow and not just re-done exitus1. Here:
exitus1: zq zo t5 ql r4 hk cr ha

echo1: tw ff wi s2
echo2: oa jl hk zq cr -w1 -wi -ae -s2
echo3: wi ww zq jl ql -ff -u3 -r4
echo4: cr th ql zq oa -ae
heli1: t5 zq ww ql jl -cr -u3
heli2: t5 w1 -ff -zo
heli3: ww zq ae cr zo -th -r4
io1: r4 s2 ae hk ww -ff -wi -lw
io2: hk ha -ww -oa -jl
io3: jl cr ae -hk -lw
ovid1: u3 ff s2 oa jl -r4 -t5
ovid2: wi r4 ff w1 ww zq -jl -ql -tw -oa
ovid3: jl th s2 -t5 -r4 -ww
solis1: cr jl hk -ql -ff -ww
solis2: ha ff s2 th -jl -ql

Why are you suck fucking garbage /indie/.

Paradise cracked, cops 2170.

Do not be rude in the presence of Niko.

>user
>Incapable of Social
>Incapable of Intellectual
>Very neurotic
oh shit

>Started Underrail recently because it always seemed really interesting
>Barely scrape through first bandit encounter by use of molotov
>bigass rats still a huge fucking problem

Was a stealth character a bad decision? Went with a focus on sneaking and shooting with my silenced pistol but this has been a pretty big struggle so far

>Incapable of artistic

Did she get vaccines? Is she gay?

Stealth is just one skill. You need fighting skills too.
Beginning is a struggling though, it will get easier, just overcome few first levels.

>Barely scrape through first bandit encounter by use of molotov
Those bandits are actually a fairly tough encounter. You are not really supposed to fight them before clearing the outpost and doing the hooper round-up.

>bigass rats still a huge fucking problem
Tons of way to make dealing with them easier.

Flares and any other source of fire (including explosions, including explosive barrels) will scare them away for 1-2 turrn.

They can't open doors, but you can shoot through chain link fencing. If you can lock yourself behind one you can shoot at them while being 100% safe.

They have no mechanical DR/DT so JHP ammo makes short work of them, kinda wasteful to use it on normal rathounds though, better to use it on alphas.

>Was a stealth character a bad decision?
Absolutely not, stealth is very strong.

>Went with a focus on sneaking and shooting with my silenced pistol but this has been a pretty big struggle so far
Silenced pistols have really pitiful damage, not a good choice early in the game. Was that the starter pistol you got from Lucas? If so, you got pretty unlucky. It would be best to replace it with standard 7.62 hawker as soon as possible, you can usually find one in the outposts.

>Flares and any other source of fire (including explosions, including explosive barrels) will scare them away for 1-2 turrn.
Well that's good to know
>Was that the starter pistol you got from Lucas? If so, you got pretty unlucky.
Well shit
Guess it's time to find a better pistol if I can actually afford it

>Guess it's time to find a better pistol if I can actually afford it
Did you clear the outposts already? I almost always find a 7.62 hawker in one of them, no reason to buy it if you can find it instead. Money is pretty limited in the beginning.

But if you can't find one then yeah, buying it would be a good choice. Just make sure you can afford some 7.62 ammo including some W2C, it will come in handy once you have to kill the psi bugs. Grenades and mines work wonders early in the game as well, definitely worth buying.

The puzzles are generated around a solution that's shorter than your 11 steps, but longer solutions are often easier to see.

Technically there is no upper bound on valid solution length at all and every puzzle has nigh-infinite number of solutions just from the way reagents can be reused. Shorter than intended solutions also appear through pure chance, but that's extremely rare.

I got Helicon-3, Helicon-1, Io-1, Echo-2, Io-2

Nah, been burning through health items and everything finding my way around and stuff. So just tough it out with what I've got for now and hope for the best?

>Nah, been burning through health items and everything finding my way around and stuff.
You can always go back to the doctor for free healing, if you don't mind backtracking.

>So just tough it out with what I've got for now and hope for the best?
It would be best to do the outposts first with what you have.

So the only thing she knows is violence, is that it?

Damn, I knew that sequence was longer than required. Thanks for posting it.

Any Rimworld mod suggestions? I'm autistic and lost.

Thank you for posting your reagents.

There's also an online tool at underrail dot info dot tm/mutagens/ (fucking spam filter) for playing with the puzzles wihout the hassle of spreadsheets/paper.

/indie/ is dead. Long live /indie/!

Abe's Oddysee is free on GOG.

Thanks for the tip! I haven't played that in ages.

DON'T MIND IF I DO

No. No, it isn't. Styg stole Fallout, and that's anything but okay. I can tell from some of the character models and from seeing quite a few Fallout clones in my life.

The jig is up!

oh noooooo
How will Styg ever recover?

Well, what are you looking for?

Fallout is an FPS/TPS though?

Play Fallout.

RTS, actually.

I've played all three plus the expansions and that's definitely wrong.

Stop spouting crap, Fallout is actually a dating sim.

VN. Not a dating sim. Learn the difference.

Anybody played Hard West? What happens/does it matter if the non essential characters die? Do you lose their items and cards?

I'm playing it right now. I just know that you lose 200 dosh if the first non-essential guy you meet die. I guess every character has a different outcome.

I'm currently playing on hard on the second campaign with the Pinkerton's, I'm trying to have everybody survive at least the missions, I know they can die in the menu part. But near the end of this mission some guy randomly one shots me everytime. Wondering if I should stop worrying and just accept characters dying

we did it reddit

Is Squad indie?

somewhat I would guess
just wish people would play it like it's supposed to and not like battlefield

I'm looking for a game to replace Team Fortress 2, and sadly Battlefield 1 isn't on Steam, so could you enlighten me a bit?
How is Squad supposed to play, and how is Battlefield supposed to play?

pubbies play squad like it's an arcade shooter without any thought
the way I see it is more like arma lite

Sorry, Onee-chan is a bit uncultured when it comes to online FPS. Care to elaborate a bit more?

noob play cod when game really red orchestra
noob bad
noob not friend

I should feel insulted, but I actually understand.

I didn't know that the gameplay in Battlefield was "RUN RUN AND SHOOT".

That's what happens when you stick a bunch of random dudes down in a warfield without any sort of commanders and resource management other than your spawns.

A bit of a shame.
By the way, are there other games where you can play as a medic? I know Arma has some mechanism about healing, I know Battlefield has some revive system, but I don't know about Squad.

yeah, but you're basically the healslut of the squad, who often gets ignored and if you don't do exactly as the 20 conflicting orders do you get reported

Holy shit. And I thought Team Fortress 2 was already bad when it came to blaming the medic.

however, if you're so lucky as to have a squad leader you can just follow him and subsequently blame him if shit goes sideways

Can I be both the medic and the squad leader for maximum scapegoating?

>Danganronpa V3 on September 26th
>RUINER on September 26th
>Total Warhammer 2 on September 28th
>Cuphead on September 29th

I guess October will be a busy month.

>wanting all the blame
wot te fuk

They all look like trash.
>an uncessary sequel that will be even "LOL SO RANDUM" than the second game
>trash
>AAA trash that every twitchfag is going to play, making multiplayer a joke with every retarded trying troll armies
>a game who's so hard and unbalanced that not even journalists who are video games expert can play
Keep your money.

>a game who's so hard and unbalanced that not even journalists who are video games expert can play
??????????????????????

Almost got me.

Awwm, man. I tried so hard. Especially on Cuphead.
Been hyped for that game for a while, the music sounds really nice.

Are these the same video game expert journalists who played Doom that one time?

I fucking loved DOOM. And Doom as well.

>decide to try ARK because Don't Starve kicks my ass
>find a bunch of berries to eat
>eat them all
>suddenly very thirsty
>go drink the water from the ocean
>"oh wait, it's salt water, it'll-"
>nevermind it's not salt water, okay
>suddenly, my character becomes unconscious
>shits himself while unconscious
>and then drown in like 20cm of water
what

Cuphead was the tipping point.
I am also unironically hype for cuphead though, gunstar heroes AND old-ass cartoons were childhood staples