/yg/ Yakuza General

News
>Yakuza Kiwami 2 is coming

>PlayStation 4 exclusive Yakuza 6: The Song of Life will be released in North America on March 20, 2018.

Other urls found in this thread:

usgamer.net/articles/sega-ama-reveals-why-yakuza-ishin-wasnt-localized-talks-about-yakuza-soft-reboot
youtu.be/vPNfInukGKs
youtube.com/watch?v=yskDL4Tg8Y0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

After Yakuza Kiwami 2 and Yakuza Six come out in the US, would it be viable for Sega to release a Yakuza Triple Pack that includes 3-5 for the PS4?
And PC.

I love Makoto Niijima!

Goro Majima > Goro Akechi

Majima is arguably more famous than Kiryu, to be honest. He's so memorable.

"KIRYUUUUUU-CHAAAAAAAAAN"

>it begins

WE DO IT

How did you get into the Yakuza series?

I played the first one on PS2, then I forgot about it until Yakuza 5 came out on the PS3 and I watched the Super Best Friends video featuring it.

Since then, I've been trying to play through all of em again and I've really been enjoying myself.

I imagine most people will say SBFP.

Why is Kiwami cheaper than 0 at 50% off?

Its true, I think they probably boosted the western popularity. That, and the growing WEEB market.

Could just be availability. Or the fact that Kiwami is a remake. Remakes and HD versions are typically less than full releases.

A friend of mine asked me to get her Yakuza 4 for her since retail price at GameStop is cheaper than Amazon.
I bought it, beat it myself, before mailing it off. I didn't hear any buzz for Yakuza 5, but I dove back in for 0 and Kiwami, as well as pre-ordering the Premium Edition of 6.

Yakuza 5 had an issue or two. Apparently the Haruka chapter killed the game dead for a lot of people.

Yakuza 5 was actually a lot of fun, just because of the sheer amount of different things to do. I even liked hunting and idol dance rhythm game.

I can see why that would turn people off. I'm complete trash at rythmn games. I think the only one I've ever beaten was EBA, and only on Easy difficulty.

It is a little jarring because each character has their like sub-thing.

By the time I got to Shinada, I was feeling a little burned out on the whole thing.

Though I liked taxi driving, hunting, and even idol dancing, the baseball thing was a little much for me.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Kiryu segment, I even found myself wishing there were more Taxi missions, since the skill ceiling was surprisingly low.

But once I got to Soejima's section and realized I had to go through the whole thing over again with a different flavor I tapped out.

Just got a PS3 and wanted more games for it then i came across 4. I've known about the series just never played them.

Kiwami is a shorter game and not as packed as Zero or the previous games in the series.

I liked Haruka chapter. Was always into rhythm games and dance battles reminded me of Bust a Groove. Also was obviously inspired by Project Diva.

Guess we'll just prod the thread now and then and hope more people realize it exists...

I heard it was literally because it was a rereleast/remaster, so they didn't feel the need to bump up the price.
Wish other companies would do that, instead of charging full price for Ocarina of Time for the fourth time.

I hope some of the unreleased games here get remasters as well.
I remember really wanting to play Ishin cause it was heavily featured on PSO2.

Feel like Kiwami 2 will be full price since it's using the new engine and they are using the likeness of the new cast.

I mean, Hokuto GA Gokuto is seemingly being released worldwide, yes? Looks like 0 and Kiwami may have saved the franchise outside of Japan.

Its even more insane that Sega reprinted Yakuza 1-4 and you can get them for reasonabl-ish prices.

usgamer.net/articles/sega-ama-reveals-why-yakuza-ishin-wasnt-localized-talks-about-yakuza-soft-reboot

>Ishin is a very large and complicated game from a localization perspective, one. Two, there just has been no where to slot it for release to ensure the game gets the attention and exposure it needs without posing a risk to itself and other franchise titles," responded Mullen

they had an AMA on PS4 sub reddit 2 weeks ago.

Unfortunate, but doesn't sound like hope is completely lost.

You think they'll show off Shin Yakuza at TGS tonight?

I hope so. As much as I love Kiryu and the rest, seeing a new protagonist should be fun.

youtu.be/vPNfInukGKs

People compare Akiyama to Spike, New protag reminds me of Akiyama just shadier.

Spike and Akiyama share the same Japanese VA

Spike?

Nice thread Yazukababs

Spike Spiegel

Ohhhh. I see it.
As much as I love Kiryu though, I hope he isn't as big a softie.

I mean, he is REALLY bad at crimes, despite technically being a criminal.

Yet he keeps being thrown in prison.
Not as much as Saejima though.

I feel like if he stopped trying to be a hero and ACTUALLY just did crimes, he wouldn't have ended up in jail as often.

I think Saejima should have just stayed in that village from 5. They liked him there and he enjoyed what he was doing.

sweet a yakuza general

0, like the proper plebeian I am

Its only starting to break into mainstream. Any place to start is a good place.

youtube.com/watch?v=yskDL4Tg8Y0

They said there would be news at TGS. Don't know if they meant conference or on the show floor.

>yakuza general
id never thought id live to see the day

We need to keep her alive. Us brothers who love the Yakoozeez.
If the thread is dead when I wake up tomorrow, I'll keep posting it until I die.

im gonna be here for like every
i got my ace combat and rainbow 6 general threads on watch at all times, pc and mobile
now i got yakuza too so im always gonna post here

alright im bumpin this shit
which game are yall playing right now?

Bakamitai

Yakuza 1 is shit and the only redeeming qualities Kiwami has is things that were added