/hsg/ - Hearthstone General

Ancient memes edition

Changes: us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/21029448/upcoming-balance-changes-update-91-9-5-2017#latest

>Deck lists
hearthstonetopdecks.com
hearthpwn.com
hsreplay.net (Buy premium for us)
thelightforge.com/TierList (Arena)
vicioussyndicate.com
tempostorm.com

>/hsg/ Discord
discord.gg/2cb4RKk

>Open Tournaments
strivewire.com/
play.eslgaming.com/hearthstone

how is new meta? All jade and druid?

>all of these commy liberal KEKHOLDS picking hunter
lmao...
you guys asked for druid nerfs and now we get a normie cuckold anti trump meta

MA
GA

M
A

G
A

M
A
G
A

>first game of the day
>opponent is druid
>innervate
>5 seconds of nothing
>concede

kek.
mana costs and shit aren't disruptive - Blizzard

Greetings traveler

Making shitty cards for this game is more fun than playing it.

>pandaria expansion
>10 mana legendary that turns you into a monk

So why is hunter good isn't token shaman the better aggro deck not to mention it should have a good match up vs hunter since it has the better oppener

>implying it's not control board then hit face with a 20 damage arcane giant

Token shaman gets cucked by priest pretty hard.

hunters have better board

>it's a 3 quest log episode

Im not having fun anymore lads. The only fun i have is when i open pack now. Gonna blow 10k next expansion and done with it.

Where can I get addons for HS?
Also, where is from?

Whats the pick?

mana wyrm

HSreplay

>4 more stats than Mana Wyrm
>Costs 4 more mana
hmm

Im leaning toward Elune, but im gonna trust you on this one.

well considering you have like no spell, it's :
6 mana 5-4 heal for 4
5 mana 2-6
4 mana 2-2.

seems rather obvious.

>in b4 mindcontrol
>for the dreaded 'turn 9 play a 5 mana 2-6, turn 10 mindcontrol something and now it's a 5 mana 4-6 well that's still shit for a turn 9 but wtv'

What about addons?

Fuck it im gonna pick Wyrm. It have 6 health.

omg guys I just bought the first and second karazhan wing for 1400 gold and im having the time of my life

Do i disenchant my murlocs or not?

Maybe

what do you guys think about stonetusk boar?

I'm playing it in my hunter deck and my guts tell me it's doing a great job. But I never see it in any deck lists and I'm new to hearthstone so maybe I'm not seeing something?

Even in decks with spells mana wyrm is fucking garbage in arena -and constructed too obviously- because you can't always get the combo and even if you do it's still bad, it's not exactly a game winning combo. If you do it, it's just a bad minion instead of an horrible one. BUT, you don't even have spells. Even if you grab 1 or 2 shitty spells in the remaining cards just to make it better, you likely won't see it as anything else than a 2 6 in the whole run. Unless you also try to "force" it as a 4-6, making the rest of your turns worse.

Rule of thumb : If you have to combo something to obtain a card you probably wouldn't even play, it's not worth it. And yes, a 5 mana 4-6 is better than a 6 mana 5 4 regardless of the healing, but you won't get it a lot.

It's probably not terrible, but for the same mana cost you can have TWO 1-1, at the cost of not dealing 1 damage to enemy face. a 1-1 is worth more than 1 damage to face.

And if you want to play both, or to use it with something (houndmaster) for a 3-3 charger, it leads to 2 problems, 1, it makes your deck too low curve (shitty topdecks in mid/late game) and 2, it gives you a 1 mana card that you don't really want to use on 1 mana. So it's a cardspot waste. Get it on your opening hand, keep it later to use it with a buff card. So it's a blank.

Hunters aren't ALL face now, they're more about sticky minions and all that. You play a 1-1, they kill the 1-1 and that's it. What you want is 2 1-1 so if they kill one they still got one, or a 1-1 that spawns a 3-2, and so on.

people use patches instead

this
if you really want a 1-1 charger get bloodsail corsair instead. you get the charger, a 1-2, and often you kill 1 weapon charge. all this together is worth more than a beast tag that often won't even come into play.

but stonetusk also can also be buffed by razorclaw and it can feed hyena. with hunter's mark, it can also potentially get rid of most minions for 2 mana.

I didn't switch it out for alleycat, but for 1 jeweled macaw and 1 fiery bat. I feel like jeweled macaw isn't as good as I initially thought it would be. More often than not, the beast you end up with isn't all that useful and a 1/1 on turn one isn't as strong a start as having 2 1/1s. Fiery bat can come in handy at times, but the rng can also simply not be in your favor and the 1 damage gets straight to the enemy hero instead of to an enemy minion.

but having 3 pirates in the mana range where my minions would often times most profit from beast synergy abilities seems like a bad idea overall.

IF THEY HAD JUST NERFED FIERY WAR AXE LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER NEEDED TO PRINT GOLAKKA CRAWLER

FUCK THIS STUPID CARD PUNISHING ME FOR DARING TO RUN A MOTHERFUCKER WITH "PIRATE" IN THE NAME WHEN MY CLASS ISN'T WARRIOR

you can download the innkeeper from hearthpwn for a deck tracker and also it tracks your collection on the sire, there is also overwolf with heartharena for arena draft and deck tracker

well, try it out a few games see how it goes. for the records I'm pretty sure there's some people using it. But this meta has a lot of strong weapons you want to kill, hence bloodsail corsair. and getting a 1-2 is often better than getting a beast tag.

Yes, you can combo the boar with stuff but 2 mana and 2 cards to kill a minion isn't particularly great for hunter, especially if you play such low cards. Decks that play low cards needs to kill opponent fast because they run out of cards real fast. If you spend 2 cards to do nothing to kill him ( just kill 1 card ) you're making it easy for him to last through your aggression.

If you don't draw Rexxar early, you have no endgame, and spending 2 cards + playing a bunch of low cost cards means you'll be relying on topdecks to win the game, and as your mana curve is low, this is not happening.

I tend to agree on jeweled macaw/fiery bat tho. Macaw is good sometime for patching holes in your curve, and fiery bat is sometime RNG good, but neither are great. So maybe you're better off with boar.

This being said, Macaw can be (RNG)great in the endgame. And thinking of it, in early game as well. When I'm relying on topdeck I'd much rather get macaw than boar. Even if sometime beast will suck.

>prints geist to fuck over jade druid
>it fucks over miracle priest and quest/secret paladin instead

Crab that eats crabs when

>crab that eats jade golems
>crab that eats priest hero powers
>crab that eats incompetent blizzard balance devs

Is there literally a single deck with a favourable matchup vs Razakus Priest that isn't Jade Druid?

Going crazy over here

Free 100 panic gold if you log in today because Team 5 realized they're hemorrhaging players again

I don't run into any razakus priests anymore.

It's all highroll bullshit.

Yeah, literally any deck that isn't meme garbage because Razakus is actually trash that reddit just latched onto and popularized because they desperately want a 30-minute+ game priest meta.

I feel like we're going to see more of those as a lazy balance mechanism.

>Implement something ridiculously broken
>add sometime that gets rid of it so "people can't complain about it anymore"
murloc eater, pirate eater, 1 mana spell eater

This is lazy design. And even the fix to their lazy broken shit is lazy/broken. People lose to jade druids all the time even AFTER killing their 1 mana spells.

And from the player's PoV it's just a frustrating way to play, the need to have dead cards to keep some decks in checks. Sometime ago I was tired to iceblock so I ran secret eater, then I saw 0 mage in the next 30 games (literally), removed it and then faced a mage like 3 games later.

Rince&Repeat for pirate eater when no pirate, and 1 mana spell eater when no druid/priest.

might as well have made Innervate '1 mana give +2 mana', so skulking geist get it too

>Singleton deck with multiple answer for high AND wide boards
>toolbox spell in shadow visions
>insane cycle and draw
>completely uninteractive with your deck
>good hand often means auto-win
>bad matchups were nerfed

Nah dude

Been playing so many of them at ranks 5-3 that I just wanna fucking quit

My experience at legend is
30% hunter
20% secret mage
20% big priest
10% token shaman
20% other

>what is totem golem

You're NA? Meta on EU seems to be completely different, LOTS of rogues and priests

This

EU. Rogues I've seen a couple of.

Hearthstone devs don't understand how tempo works. If you spend your entire turn 6 playing an understatted minion against Jade Druid, you'll just lose. You have to be INSANELY ahead JUST to be able to remove his ability to not fatigue. It's a shit solution

Based on card strength alone, red mana wyrm is ever so slightly better, however as you say because there are so few spells in the deck elune was probably better. Wyrm survives flamestrike, so maybe that's why I had the bias

wow you're really good at drawing two ice blocks in a row you CUNT

been gone for over half a year
is this real?

I quit right after the ungoro expansion came out and it was obvious the game would suck

what other changes have their been?

the picture is of the nerfs in the last OP

fireax 3 mana
innervate
hex

You missed one of the better metas in Hearthstone history, and came back to one of the worst. Murloc warleader and spreading plague (frozen throne card) were also nerfed

>missed one of the better metas in Hearthstone history, and came back to one of the worst.
I sold my account, fuck this game

Just came to /hsg/ since Veeky Forums is fucked up right now

>sold my account
kinda wish I could do that

Is it too late? I got $250 for my account that had every playable card and all adventures

sounds fine desu

Whats happened to streamers, are they still a thing or have all the betafaggots that watch them and donate finally grown up?

lots of them still get 5 digit viewers. so yeah they,re still a thing

Disgusting.
Do they still get to dictate and have input in the game, despite only being less than 1% of the playerbase and not representing what people actually want

the real betafaggots are on discord

what the fuck are you talking about. Twitch as no say in the game, only reddit

What game are you playing, bud? The only time they change anything is to screw people out of dust to make them buy new cards or when people are so mad they're actually quitting and losing the devs their biannual bonus packages.

Interesting that Hunter gets a spike after every major change. People must really want to play it.

Hunter preys on unrefined decks.

what would happen if they listened to /hsg/ instead?

the game would be even worst

Nerfs take place every day to destroy the current boogeyman

Aya Blackpaw would wear skimpier clothes

it's the next in the line of best curve decks thanks to all the stats in deathrattle minion. So it's another easy deck where decision doesnt matter and you win only thanks to your curve of op minion

Game stops being nerfed and they apply buffs to shitty cards to balance things out instead.

Druid is removed from the game.

this , and the fact that Deathstalker Rexxar is probably the most fun card in the game.

### Whispers of the ol Yoggs
# Class: Rogue
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 2x (0) Backstab
# 2x (0) Counterfeit Coin
# 2x (0) Preparation
# 1x (1) Cold Blood
# 1x (1) Hallucination
# 1x (1) Journey Below
# 1x (1) Patches the Pirate
# 2x (1) Swashburglar
# 2x (2) Beckoner of Evil
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Eviscerate
# 1x (2) Loot Hoarder
# 1x (3) Mimic Pod
# 2x (3) Twilight Elder
# 1x (4) C'Thun's Chosen
# 1x (5) Elise the Trailblazer
# 1x (6) Gadgetzan Auctioneer
# 1x (6) Hemet, Jungle Hunter
# 1x (7) Sprint
# 1x (10) C'Thun
# 1x (10) Yogg-Saron, Hope's End
# 2x (12) Arcane Giant
#
AAECAaIHDvsBjAL2BO0FpAf5qwLprALJrwLPrwKRvAL8wQKdxwLPxwKbyAIItAGIB4YJy68C1K8CgrQCkrYC9bsCAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This deck is fun and I like it

after a few patches, we would be playing Mtg

did reynad ever make his card game he was talking about or was he full of shit

>/hsg/ is in charge of card design
>every single card printed is either a meme, or a waifu

what a life would that be

>make
user it will take months

Hunter preys on weak, slow, and overly greedy decks- even in its current shitty state. Expansions are when people try and do new things so everyone who wants free wins switches to midrange hunter.

Don't listen to or . Hunter might be good soon, but deathrattle hunter will always be trash. Blizzard's been pushing it for almost four years and it has NEVER been a thing. Undertaker hunter wasn't a deathrattle deck. It was a deck that used deathrattles to abuse undertaker

its been months
he has been talking about it since the start of this year and even said he was working on designing cards

he showed some designs but please, it takes a while. I know because I'm doing one as well and its taking forever to program/do the art/etc., especially as a 1manteam (at least reynad as a team)

i'm not referring to deathrattle hunter i'm referring to the minion like grandmother that get +1/+1 extra stats just because they are deathrattle when being resistant to aoe should be the only advantage they should get

coming up with a new system and balance it is kinda tough/long. much as we like to shit on blizzard, this is hard. And he probably doesn't just want to release "Balanced Hearthstone" so he has to be original, at least one new big concept that is fun to play.

And as he's been shitting on HS a lot on bad/op cards and all that, he's obviously well open to harsh criticism, so he probably want to get everything perfect.

Plus, while he kinda has a name to put on the game, he doesn't have a name like Blizzard. If the game isn't flawless it won't get many players, even if it was miles ahead of HS.

Like many MMO's are better than WoW but barely get 5% of its playerbase.

any tips on how to beat lich king?
I can't craft any of the higher rated decks on hearthpwn but I really want that kft pack.

just for the pack? play priest, there's no drawback like the others

This should be a 1 mana 15/15

i havent played since msog and i hvaent gotten one fucking ungoro pack in 11 packs
what the fuCK

do you have fledgling? if yes play those and you should be able to kill him before turn 7. if you have also scavenging hyena play a hunter deck with those and the birds and after a few try you will win.

That'd be pretty retarded unless the effect also meant it couldn't be mulliganed into.

I don't get it.

I have the hyenas but I don't have fledgling. I can build most of the suggested hunter decks but I lack the fledglings. But I don't really want to spend 200 dust just for getting the pack

I don't really have any priest cards. I once got past his frostmourne stage but then I lacked the endgame priests usually have to rely on due to not having many strong 8+ mana minions.

You have the basic priest cards and those are enough you retard.

if you are lucky enough you can do it with only the hyena but it might take many tries. What dk do you have?

I have rexxar.

Only relying on hyena is so frustrating tho. The two times it look reasonable good for me, he just played obliterate.
Also takes forever to mulligan so I get hyena in second turn.

really? I don't know much about priest. How would a basic priest deck look like, then? I mean, lich king gets ridiculously strong on turn 7 and therafter. I got to that stage before, but then didn't have any options to finish the game.

there's no rush to do it. if you dont have the cards or its too hard for you, wait for another month or two

if you have Doomsayer there is no turn 7 to speak of