Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/

Artificial Academy 2 General /aa2g/ #914
Luxury Edition

Welcome, this general is for the discussion of ILLUSION's Artificial Academy 2.

COPY ERROR MESSAGES WITH CTRL+C, PASTE THEM WITH CTRL+V INTO GOOGLE TRANSLATE. STOP ASKING US BEFORE DOING THAT. JUST CLICK THE WINDOW AND PRESS CTRL + C, IT WORKS.

For File Acquisition errors, do one of the following:
- switch all locale/system/region/date/time/everything settings to Japanese
- keep locale locale/system/region/everything settings and run with Applocale (Win7/Win8) or Locale Emulator (Win10)

>READ THE READMES OF EVERY MOD YOU DOWNLOAD. IT SOLVES 99% OF YOUR PROBLEMS.

>Information (CHECK BEFORE ASKING):
Main Site: illusion.jp/preview/jg2/index.html
FAQ Image Guide: i.imgur.com/FaWIWLn.jpg
Win10 FPS Issues? Use this: mega.nz/#F!IVA1HbwK!jZPRU9yFcCiKGGb5dokAog

>Downloads:
/aa2g/ Pre-Installed Game [Preferred]: tsukiyo.me/AAA/AA2.xml
AAUnlimited: github.com/aa2g/AA2Unlimited/releases
Manual Installation (For masochists, not recommended): pastebin.com/FgP7nFWH

>Character Cards [Database]:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1niC6g-Xd2a2yaY98NBFdAXnURi4ly2-lKty69rkQbJ0/edit#gid=2085826690

>Mods & More:
AA2 Pastebin: pastebin.com/BhpfXqHP
Recommended Mods Guide: pastebin.com/JNi75PCi
/aa2g/ Modding Reference Guide (Slot lists for Hair/Clothes/Faces, List Guides, and More):
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gwmoVpKuSuF0PtEPLEB17eK_dexPaKU106ShZEpBLhg/edit#gid=1751233129
How to use AAUnlimited:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17qb1X0oOdMKU4OIDp8AfFdLtl5y_4jeOOQfPQ2F-PKQ/edit#gid=0

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!gUtTEayI!ycJVeG_SkDbDDuvPTp-hOQ
aria.ma.cx/AAA/chara2/
mega.nz/#F!D4pxEJ7Y!Rw6sQvelpm7oueKbaoUsDg!WkokXTRK
mega.nz/#F!WEtTySKL!UJQgbr_5ofFXShA-eix1sQ
mega.nz/#F!H4hHRDIA!Y1ABTsC1zLh3f-WaLWDT_Q!WxRHhJwB
mega.nz/#F!H4hHRDIA!Y1ABTsC1zLh3f-WaLWDT_Q
mega.nz/#!XY4xEBoL!zL1UlIWJFOzOikQAg8WuhrR5B9zB36QnlX4VGT9mz-Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

aa3 when

Hopefully never.

So it might be just me being a brainlet, but for some reason when i start h scene and pick a position the screen either goes black or freezes but the audio continues, and i feel it has something to do with AAU.
I haven't actually played this in a while but it worked last time, and the only thing i changed was the latest release of AAU.

Not to do with AAU. Screen freezing is graphics. I'm guessing you have an AMD graphics card and have hardware vertex processing enabled in the game options. That's usually what causes what you describe.

pro-tip: if you post a meme picture instead of screenshot of the problem iwth your tech-support request you're less likely to get any serious help.

>telling him all the pro strats
Whoa let's keep keep those a secret.

Thanks friendo. AMD was a mistake.

Calm your autism, what will a screen provide in this specific instance when i already described the issue enough?

Did the physical computer not change in any way since the last time it worked? Have you tried running it without AAU to confirm or discard it's related?

Calm yours. Did I specify this instance? What was the point of your junk image?

Where is that one user that claimed to know info about an Illusion game called 'Artificial Life'?

Whoa, calm down!

Yeah there is a beta.

You can just disable that option and it should work.

rip

I'm not quite sure what you mean. The official DLCs are installed
The outfit exists in the game, I suppose because of hexacc, but just immediately loads that first outfit instead.

What am i looking at here?

a grand display of toughness

muh xray

Last cat call for the cat class

I got a cat but she doesn't have a special face card.

card?

>Archer won't make it in time
woe...

Fix your personalities before sharing the class

no snowflake you mean? There are a few that don't.
I will also include the cards separately.

what AAUness do i need?

mega.nz/#F!gUtTEayI!ycJVeG_SkDbDDuvPTp-hOQ

Don't need mods, don't need AAU.

aria.ma.cx/AAA/chara2/
may need textures

Are you serious

oh. thank you, she's a super cutie.

>Don't need mods, don't need AAU

shit card then

ow

wtf guy?

If you have literally nothing else
mega.nz/#F!D4pxEJ7Y!Rw6sQvelpm7oueKbaoUsDg!WkokXTRK

I hate this artist
>amazing art
>shit content
why ;_;

Sorry, I just like bullying people.

Matter of taste.

Cute meido is cute

card?

And it's done. Just gotta finalize my cats and find where I could get Casual.
added her. You should add outfits her even if you don't snowflake her.
What kind of cat is that? I can add her too but she doesn't look like one. I wanted to kick a couple of cards anyway

That's the rat cat.

a dead cat

spoonfeed me her Loreā„¢

catcha isn't caps sensitive and you only had to type superwash correctly

i know, I just did the extra effort for no particular reason. I also didn't have to include the recursive screenshot

this one needs to go into the override\meshes\face\Shtola or smth. Let's keep the overrides clean.
Also you're using the old way of replacing the hair highlight(i.e. mesh overriding) which doesn't work with highlights you didn't list(vanilla being among them)

God dammit i had a feeling i was doing something stupid.
Gonna have to fix this shit and everything else.

>the old way of replacing the hair highlight(i.e. mesh overriding)
What's the new way?

as a rule of thumb: most stuff goes into teh Meshes\whatever folder unless it's something specific like hair highlights. Even if you're adding a texture it should still go into Meshes, preferably next to where the mesh it applies to would be.

Alright, so if i have a folder of a custom texture i can make characters that keep using that folder instead of making one for each character?
I feel like the answer is obvious, but like I've stated numerous times, i'm not a very bright boy. This whole AAU thing has a bit of a learning curve to me.

That's right as long as you don't change the material without changing its name and making a new material for the change. AAU supports reusing materials in different characters and the standardized folder format makes that easier on card makers. If you change a material that fucks things up by either not extracting or trying to overwrite someone else's material.

you mean you want to keep all your textures in teh same folder? I mean you could probably do that but imo it's better for everyone using your assets if they were separated at least by the character and not Meshes\Face\user. I personally prefer to duplicate the game's file structure(so I stuff my assets in Meshes\type\jg2...) so it's easy to copypaste the stuff you have to override just from the filepath. Other prefer creating Meshes\type\Charname and just put everything in there.
Hair highlights, Hair textures(for colorable hairs, not mesh overrides for ribbons and stuff) and sclera textures are the snowflake ones. You can take Sola's modcard in my mega and it'll create the folder structure for most use cases.

Soon (TM)
She's a WIP at the moment. Waiting for some AAU features to get finished, notably the new body sliders. Also her eye texture isn't final, I may edit or redo it at some point. Maybe something else, but I'm still not sure about that particular detail.

Learned a lot from this post, thanks fren.
I was just intending on using like 1 or 2 files to overwrite with anyway with exceptions to some characters who have enough files to overwrite with to justify their own char folder.

As the overrides police I care mostly about override\ folder being clean. Everything under Meshes\type\ is up to the creator's judgement.
If you have a series of characters you're making you might create a single folder for them. If you're keyfag you make a folder for that char. If it's a simple mesh override you can just use the jg2 naming scheme. It all depends on how user-friendly you're making it and how unique are the assets.

updated Kyouko a bit
mega.nz/#F!WEtTySKL!UJQgbr_5ofFXShA-eix1sQ

thanks, this doesn't seem right tho

Sorry, should be fixed now.

Why is everyone so easily startled? Sometimes people who just talked to me and are still looking at me get startled when I talk to them.

when you're angry you tend to raise your voice. So when you talk to someone you probably shout at them and startle them.

Why would I (or the PC, rather) be angry, though?

maybe you tried molesting your teacher and she told you you're gonna fail her class?

Why would I ever do that?

I dunno, I haven't seen your teacher

If anything goes poorly for the character you're playing as it can make him mad, even if it doesn't make you the player mad.

Is that really it? I never knew that.

The PC is still affected by moods even though you having control over the character negates most of the consequences.

I mean normal talking, or characters reminding you that they're exploitable, or mentioning that someone got confessed to. How would that make anyone mad?

>mentioning that someone got confessed to
and since that's someone is not you it makes you jelly. There's plenty of actions that shift PC's mood away from "sex when?"

Jealous, perhaps, but angry enough to shout? Also, a fair bit of the time, the person who confessed to them was me.

>the person who confessed to them was me.
and they refused? Then you got reminded that you embarrassed yourself.
Every refusal of your actions generates angry mood. The game just fails to show you your current status. Don't pry too much into it; knowing the mechanics only detracts from experience

>tfw just want to get rid of faulty cards from mega
>megas shit servers aren't letting me delete them

Wow, that quick a fix? Thanks! I assume it'd probably be best to make any new personalities with the base AA2 poses anyway, or a choice of either like how there are two Mutes?

Disclaimer for screencap: Still not done with most of the lines yet but getting tired of recording so messing with positioning on the lines that I do have

I thought it was a sad mood, though, since when you've been turned down a lot, other characters generally encourage, rather than calm?

sad mood also can be rationalized as you being quiet and effectively sneaking up on them.

Even though they just talked to you?

Sorry for taking long to reply. My maker can't open the nomodcard.

Yeah just checked and same problem, how bizarre
anyways reuploaded and it opens in my maker now

Seconding that ReiEdit does not detect one of the cards.

Can confirm it works now.

Do you expect the game to track this? Did you just attribute meticulousness to Illusion?

Neato, maybe I should start including sclera textures in my cards.

You 100% should if you want consistency. Any mod that isn't in the HEXA packs should be included as override.

should be good now
mega.nz/#F!H4hHRDIA!Y1ABTsC1zLh3f-WaLWDT_Q!WxRHhJwB
also i changed the key to my mega
mega.nz/#F!H4hHRDIA!Y1ABTsC1zLh3f-WaLWDT_Q

I would assume they wouldn't be shocked if someone they talked to just a few seconds ago talked to them.

looks good. Overrides are fine too

I liked her old eyes better, or is she a new one?

but almost everything is gone

>lack of taste

"Taste" is subjective.

This one's a new one. They use a similar eye design, so I understand the confusion. I'll probably be changing the eyes at some point.

Shit will always taste like shit.

>deleting cards
>ever
Back up your stuff forever or you're gonna regret it one day.

Here's another quick update. Fixes the dick for the vanilla poses, which apparently doesn't scale alongside with the rest of the body. annoying af

mega.nz/#!XY4xEBoL!zL1UlIWJFOzOikQAg8WuhrR5B9zB36QnlX4VGT9mz-Y

This should be the last one for now. Dunno how to further fix the AA1 poses. I'll probably look at it again at another time.

>I assume it'd probably be best to make any new personalities with the base AA2 poses anyway, or a choice of either like how there are two Mutes?
You might want to release two personality versions (one with and without AA1 poses) - whatever you prefer.

Personally, I wish we could integrate our own custom poses in the .xa files and have .lst overrides. Maybe one day. hello AAU devs

Anyway, looks like you're making good progress on the Miki personality so far. Rooting for you!

>doesn't know about scat

why's she so fat?