/divg/ Divinity: Original Sin general

Relatively comfy fisherman edition

Item Crafting List: rcfox.ca/DOS2Recipes/
Skill Book Sellers: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Books
Skill Book Crafting: divinityoriginalsin2.wiki.fextralife.com/Skill Crafting

Elves suck

I think this is the only thread, hopefully we won't have multiple ones up at the same time again

Spear buffs when

Am I going to miss out on any important stuff in act 3 if I don't manage to make anathema in act 2? Can't get the quest to trigger despite having the required parts.

What do with Gratiana? I'm inclined to smash it in front of her face.

Does this choice have any impact further along in the game or is she a throwaway character?

Theorycraft time. Would this work?

Necro + pyro + geo + warfare tank.

Primary damage is with int, str is only to wear heavy armor. 1h+shield.

Undead, stack fire res, damage comes from making poison clouds and oil, and then using the self-combustion skills. Idea is to run in to melee with the rest of the party with stench, and then blow yourself up as much as possible. Y/n?

Trying to come up with something fun to run on lone wolf with my friend. Post lone wolf builds.

Where 2 find second part of Anathema on bloodmoon island?

Hardly
It's a regular powerful 2h weapon that degrades after you use it once or twice

What's a good starting class for undead?

I'm trying really hard to justify bringing a mage but this armor system really hates mixed builds/parties

I just want to know what the fuck to play as, goddam.

Every 2H build seems to play boring if you lean on warfare.

Play as a ranger

You pretty much have to go with a full physical party

Do it. It's pretty satisfying.

How do I get rid of the curse tied to bracchus ring?

Necro, let's you heal off lifesteal and blood stuff

what are some of the essential pre-fight buffs and spells you need to be casting? usually I can only reliably get my incarnates up, maybe fortify but otherwise the durations are too short esp if theres dialogue b4 the fight

Dual Lone Wolf is besto

Don't suppose you can save that magister that's been infected with some kind of void disease in Brachus' armory? Bless doesn't work, (blood)rain+bless doesn't work.

I guess I'll just put him out of his misery the old fashioned way?

How do you reliably get poison clouds?

>New game
>Attack a magister on the boat and trigger the fight
>Wendigo does her thing
>Get xp for all the magisters
>675 more xp

Nice

I like to use encourage followed by the sleeping bag because the buffs are party wide. If you want to buff while talking then go through the dialogue until it says (end) instead of (continue). That's always the final part of the dialogue so you can prebuff and instantly initiate the fight.

WHERE IS THE FUCKING ARCHIVE ON BLOODMOON ISLAN REEEE

>get to driftwood
>go to the tavern
>some baron dude is upstairs
>gets all buddy buddy with ifan and gives me a place to go
>know that he's an impostor because his ghost is in the room and ifan seems to know that as well
>decide not to question his to not break his cover
>before I leave pickpocket him for good measure
>find out a note saying he was going to sell us out to some godwoken hunters
>no option to call him out on it except calling him out for being an imposter
>can't talk to Ifan about any of what's happening before or after I kill him
>he just carries on like nothing happens
What the fuck was that all about? I must be stupid or something but I don't understand what the fuck is going on.

But I don't and I am doing fine.

Get all the pieces

How do I get into the room with the two arguing dwarves? There is a skull on the wall missing an eye but that path doesn't lead anywhere

>equipment

so equipment is basically fucking worthless after 2 levels.

is it worth losing bonus stats for defense, even if its grey?

Can you talk to her about it? I met the skeletons but they attacked me and I can't mention them to her

What happened to that co-op game?

Somewhere on the north eastern corner, you'll have to dig to find it though

You can't
The ring isn't considered a part of the set

Just do It the old fashioned way yeah

find some ghost dwarf killed by a guy at that tavern, you confront him and hes like so?

I gave him poisoned stews thinking he would die, nope

Some advice for you user. You can drag a backpack into your action bar and fill it with secondary armor sets. I use it to quickly equip my bartering and lucky charm items. Makes it easier to switch if there are alot of chests around or you want to trade a while in town. They don't clutter up inventory and you won't accidently sell them.
Same goes for Scrolls/Bombs/Arrows during combat.

>music changes based on which character you are playing

So that's why I hear the SAME SHIT over and over and over huh?

They didn't think this through very much at all.

>You can't
That can't be true

Cast bless on yourself while wearing it and then throw it away.

stole 2 pouches of gold from arena trader
what do now

bless, orngo to the historian

I think I gave it to the gargoyle

What are you running for this? Trying to come up with something that covers all the bases.

Buy some good shit, pimp yourself the fuck up

has anyone managed to complete the missing magisters?

Backpacks are so nice for sorting shit, I hope moderns make categorized bags or make it so we can rename bags

God I was hyped for Guerilla but sneaking is so fucking shit. It doesn't work on backstabs or from the poly invis either, right?

How did that happen, it obviously far exceeds the value you could get from thieving.

Anyhow bless should remove the curse status.

So how exactly do you get arrowheads for crafting? I know that Sharp Rocks can be turned into arrowheads, but im sitting at the start of act 2 and cant find a single one.

he had the pouches on him?

I didn't notice those, gonna have to go back and rob him some more

That guy had so many items for sale it felt fucking stupid, like okay heres 1000 choices

Items in this game feel so underwhelming, get a legendary and then next chest has a better grey

Poison wave

I know starting classes don't matter much but what weapon is best for inquisitor? I went 2 hand necro but honestly feel like it's a waste. Necro buffs with int while 2hand needs str. Was going for a tanky physical damage build. Using magic staffs wastes str points I already put in.

i did, i found the ring in the cooks kitchen under a floorboard, then told some dude outside, he went to go kill her, then i killed her and told the magisters

he probably had so much gold that it converted into pouches, i don't remember him having pouches the first time i saw him
it also barely counted when i stole them so it probably used the value of just the pouch rather than the containing gold

She removes her mask to reveal she's undead (well no fucking shit) but that's about it She doesn't explain who she was or what happened. She just says GIB SOUL JAR PLS.

If you hand the soul jar over to her she explains everything. She's basically responsible for the rise to power of Brachus Rex.

Should have smashed that jar bro

wait what?

>fight shark
>teleport it on to land
>instantly killed
Feels good

how to trigger slane to finish his quest

Tank char is 1h+shield Warfare/Necro, companion is default Ifan, Huntsman/Geo

Thanks

Is there a point to leveling Int as a Necro-Warfare melee character? Feels like splitting your Attributes three way (int, str, con) is a bit of a waste, and I'm not sure how much you gain from the increased damage scaling from some Necro spells.

Do you have to autistically check each shop after every level up?

You dont need to put many points into con because you will be healing nearly all of your health back per round.

What is the use of the Cursed Ring? The curse can't be removed but the quest is still open so I assume it's used for something.

As lone wolf do you need to focus on only one armor type?

Only if you want your necro spells to do more damage? You probably just want to focus on strength.

Con is also not very important. Base health is quite good already and you leech back a significant amount with necro.

Is there any way to complete Griffs Drug Oranges quest if you accidentally took the drugs out of the orange? I was swapping around items in my inventory and now I have the Drudanae instead of the orange.

You can give it to the gargoyle to skip the maze

what quest? i dont remember getting a quest

there was a quest for all the other braccus equipment, you need to wear the full set at the same time and it removes all the curses

the ring doesn't get decursed, i just sold it

I need help. Spoilers for the beginning of Act 2

I want Ifan in my party but he's being all pouty on the ship and won't rejoin. He says he's waiting for a specific person to talk to him? This is after the hall of echoes, I'm able to go to Driftwood. Please help!

How do you get blank skill books?

It allows you to skip the gargoyle maze.

I don't know why you would, you lose out on a ton of nice items that way.

You have to make a decision if you want your spells to be your damage source or if you want your melee to be your damage source then build accordingly. Hybrid builds work fine but not if you build them wrong

Are there such a thing as Int-scaling melee weapons?

Why the fuck did they think it would be fine to give you teleportation gloves at the beginning of the game?

When will I actually find better gloves?

Kill Griff.

Don't tell me the thought hadn't crossed your mind.

Pyro/Warfare/Shield
Stays put into con and int with a dab of strength just to wear armor

staffs

Staff

Someone teach me how to lone wolf. Never played it in 1 but want to give it a try

Because skill books in shops are random so you may not get a teleportation book until you're in Act 2.

And teleportation is fun and lets you approach areas and puzzles in interesting ways.

You dont use the spells as your damage source so scaling is irrelevant. Their primary purpose is buffs, debuffs and utility

Yeah, I just wanted to get the 1600 XP for saving Stingtail in addition to the 800 for turning in the oranges.

I was trying to make a perfect game for making a save when you get to the respec boat so I never have to do act 1 again.

Has GOG patch for 3.0.142.271 been uploaded already? I wanna play with some friends that have the pirated version, but I have Steam one so I can't gave them the patch.

I just replayed the Alexander fight and this time he dropped his journal
Is he dead-dead this time? I didn't get this quest popup before

What the fuck does this do? I found it in the hatch mordus' amulet opens up

Opens his basement in Driftwood

i think it's meant to be used in that building under driftwood where you were sent by the dwarf mafia dude

>tfw level 2 before leaving the boat

Feels good

Please tell me there are some lines in the game regarding Dwarves and their magnanimous bosoms.
I mean the whole of Rivellon can't be ignorant of it.

>not downloading the pirate version purely to play with friends
or
>not buying all 3 of your poor friends the game so you support the developer

Anyone else have their save game get corrupted today? Was fine yesterday

Redpill me on Lone Wolf ™

I was thinking on the first one, but since it's update 271 the one who makes direct connection aviable again what would be the point?

What are the best side-skills for a pretty pure Double-Daggers Rogue, Sneaky type?

I've already got my guy running a few Poly spells because Chicken Claw, Invisibility Flight are awesome, but I'm not really seeing any other trees with enough skills to warrant the skill-point investment and ability slot - especially since he seems to have enough to do in combat already without throwing extra spells into the mix.

I'd figured Warfare would be a good match but the usual "gimmes" for a melee character don't fully apply. Back-stab auto-crit eliminates the need for Enrage and Scoundrel itself has plenty of de-buffs / spell effects that it likes to apply once physical armor is removed anyway.

How do I get to those dwarves? I've killed the lich and cant find a way in

It's a huge stat boost that works even with 2 characters and gives enough power to perform even better than 4 man parties when played right.

Want your snowflake to feel more powerful?
Hate juggling 4 party members and their positions, stats, inventories, skills, and apparel?
Want to stomp shit into the ground while also occasionally dealing with the overwhelming sense of panic as you enter a battle with 20 tossers who toss tossables?

Be a Lone Wolf.
But make sure to bring another Lone Wolf.

Taking points in warfare will up your damage and there is a little bit of utility stuff you can use in there. Mine is almost pure scoundrel with most of points in dual wieldings wits and the like and he just shreds everyone. Don't fall for the 'no pure builds' meme. It can work

Maybe huntsman for tactical retreat and first aids.

I managed that, I went to Stingtail first (before even picking up the Caged Elf quest).
Order of action for me was: Red Prince dreams with Stingtail (he actually interupts the conversation with Sibelle and asks to go first, I let him), Sibelle (me) threatens, cuts and curses at Stingtail, but I did not kill him (and she really wants to, you get like 3-4 chances to change your mind and kill him anyway), after that he was as meek as a kitten.
After picking up the Elf quest and figuring out that it was Stingtail, simply went to him and asked. Got handed the oranges instantly (by a very, very grovely Stingtail), delivered to Griff and completed the quest.

Not sure what happened next, but got in a fight with Griff later and slaughtered him in short order.