youtu.be/Z3_pZutHYxE
web.archive.org/web/20060103074809/http://www.beatthechamp.com:80/
youtube.com/watch?v=jpmR0oWvxkQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

thanks for the advice anime

zfg is live

why didn't you sage?

why do you ask?

I think there is a serious epidemic going on in the speedrun community that needs to be addressed. There has been an incredible surge in "randomizer" games being raced. It was ok and fun at first with the alttp tournament, but now it is getting out of hand. Many of these "randomizer" games aren't actual randomizers. Some use terrible rules and some just change boss orders. The fact that a ton of games are picking up this randomizer meme is cause for alarm. What we are witnessing is the gradual overthrowing of the original speedrun. People no longer want to compete against the god gamers in a game that they have 0% chance of becoming better than them at. So instead, they would rather race a "randomizer" because it gives even the terrible speedrunners a chance at beating the god gamers.

Soon, and I mean very soon, the community will be divided into 2 categories: Traditional Speedrunners and Racers. The racing will become the more popular, even potential esport varient of speedrunning while the traditional speedrunners will dwindle and become irrelevant. Two things are preventing this from happening currently: a current generation platform to race on and a competent tournament organizer. Once those two problems are solved, speedrunning as you know it now will become a thing of the past.

anime is always right

who is we?

pathetic anime fags

>ME NO NEED TO DO FOCUSED PRACTICE!!!! ME TRAIN BLINDLY LIKE STUPID MONKEY!!!! OOH OOH AAHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

what? typical anime fag

>being this paranoid and TRIGGERED over someone slightly going against anything you do
fucking hell

what?

what?

cost 100 bucks to attend esa, more should be outraged

Why be outraged when you can just not go?

*plays the same video game for 1000 hours to play it again but faster*

fuckign autistic

youtube.com/watch?v=08Ju7nel5cQ

The satisfaction of getting a WR then losing it a week later will always stick with you.

>satisfaction of getting cucked

>*plays DOTA2 for 4000 hours to get meaningless rank ups*
>*screams at teammates like a child*
>"haha im totally not autistic guys
at least speedrunners who put in that kind of time get some money out of it lmao

We should number these generals.

who is we?

cost 100 bucks to attend esa, outraged, should be more

Are we upset that with the advent of Dragster we are no longer the most autistic speedrun thread on the internet?

>*grinds the same song 1000 times to get an FC*
>*grinds demons and goblins for 1000 hours to level up and get gear drops*
>*pew pews on the same 5 maps for 1000 hours to build an epic kill:death ratio*
>*grinds shmup for 1000 hours to get a high score*
What makes speedrunning any worse?

who is we?

why did you delete?

why did you delete?

Why does the Super Faggotio 64 community allow Akikan, a known cheater, to submit times to the leaderboard?

The same reason the Elite still lets Goose submit times to their leaderboard.

>3 1:39's in a week
He's going to get WR soon isn't he.

This will never not be funny

We as in the speedrunning general community.

speedruns

monkeys

"Competitive" speedrunning is a meme .

Even in the most popular games, the top runners help and support each other. It's cooperative, not competitive. There's no strat hoarding or animosity like in actual competitive gaming. Speedrunning, for the entirety of its history, has been about playing games you love in a new way and optimizing them.

"Competition", if you can even call it that, is a side effect of this.

There was a time when it didn't even matter how fast your run was, all that mattered was what your run looked like. This is why they banned things like death abuse and OOB.

Speedrunning is not competitive. Speedrunning isn't hard enough, nor are there even enough runners for any game to be competitive. Runners who convince themselves that speedrunning is competitive are just gamers who want to feel like they're good at something because they can't compete in anything with real competition.

Okay.

This thread is a poor representation of the speedrunning community as its just 3 people masquerading as multiple posters.

>14 posters
>3 people

turn off the bot croni

This will never not be funny

Agreed. Speedrunners who think they're being competitive are fucking retarded.

>Published on Jul 20, 2015
He's still playing the same game, with the same xmas lights in the background.

thanks for the late response!

Someone post the booger pic.

Is Pykn Based?

based FUCKING irrelevant namedropper

Are speedrunners failed humans?

thanks for the late response!

Not even close. Head on over to your local soup kitchen to see the real failed humans.

WE

why is mofat a woman now

who is we?

turn the bot off ian

found a Wii Fit speedrun :D

if this were true then sda wouldn't be a dead website.

It's been a month or two since I shilled this project of mine, but I'm back (and the last time if you really hate me/it).
A requested feature was chat, and I banged that out a while ago with IRC.

I just finished making it easier to share a channel without opening the "guide", so I thought it would be great to coordinate a group watch if people were up for it.

It's just a real-time sort-of twitch vodcast (though my initial working version came out long before) with quite a handful of playlists.

The thing: myrtv.github.io/#agdq2013
This post is saged, as per tradition.

seems pretty useful, nice work user

add NASA

Is it on Youtube and on a pre-made playlist? Adding ESA2015 was a nightmare, I had to manually sort the playlist.

myrtv.github.io/#nasa/2017

Might need to refresh a few times for the cache to update.
Seems the upload order was not in line with the schedule, so unsorted.

turn the bot off you disgusting tranny freak

what am I responsible for now?

Is RWhiteGoose redpill/mgtow/incel or does he only act like it?

I feel dark and empty inside without an srg thread. Please don't let it die again.

youtu.be/Z3_pZutHYxE

web.archive.org/web/20060103074809/http://www.beatthechamp.com:80/

>Todd achieved a 5.74 with relative ease. Unsatisfied, he played harder. Knocking a few hundredths of a second off of his score here and there, he eventually managed to get his time down to 5.51 seconds! He sent his new high score to Activision.
grind monkeys btfo

why didn't you sage?

turn the fucking bot off you disgusting tranny nutter

all you had to do was sage

why would you sage?

why didn't you sage?

Should you do no-reset runs or reset runs?

stop resetting

just think of /ourboi/ and keep those fingers away from the reset button

samefag

alttp clique member

nice photoshop

I legit enjoy long speedruns and speedrun categories.
Not needlessly long like Digimon World 2 any% or Baiten Kaitos 100% mind you, but speedruns like 6-9 hour 100%s, or 11-13 hour plat%s

Okay.

How is it a "speed"run, if it's over 6 hours long?

It's faster than the intended playtime by a large margin.
If you're breaking down what is meant to take 40-60 hours in 6 hours, then how is it not?

6 hours is not fast, because it's long. It's a really simple concept, especially if half the time is unskippable cutscenes anyway.

if RPGs are not speedruns because they are long, this must be the best speedrun of all time

youtube.com/watch?v=jpmR0oWvxkQ

There are shorter runs, but it's close.

>6 Hours is not fast.
So if a 12 hour flight from New York to Japan was cut down to 6 hours, instead of being grateful you cut your travel time down by half you'd go 'That was still long'

uhh bc it still is?

If someone uploaded a real-time recording of his 6h flight, I'd tell him it was too long and fucking boring.

If my gps says I'll reach my destination in 48 minutes but I made it in 42, would that be a speedrun?

What does that have to do with whether or not it's a speedrun?

You can't speedrun cutscenes.

and?

You can't speedrun anything for 6 hours, because it gets tedious and boring.

that's not how it works, sweetie.

OOH OOH YOU NO CAN SPEEDRUN LONG GAMES BECAUSE I CAN NO DO 10000 ATTEMPTS OF THEM EVERY DAY
ONLY SHORT GAMES I CAN MINDLESSLY GRIND TO DEATH ARE REAL SPEEDGAMES
AAH AAH