FighterZ

no shitposting edition

posting best beta match
youtube.com/watch?v=g2S9lNPSJVA

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/AtomicOreo/status/909891311922065408
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>tfw the beta footage gave you ideas for combos that you can't test and that nobody else can test until the Open Beta unless they got to a show and get lab time somehow
I need to see everything you can do with Hellzone Grenade.

Doesn't he do that pose in the anime too? I know I've seen it before and I haven't read the manga. Also is his model just regular SSJ or is it Super Vegeta, as is implied by this comparison? Super Vegeta is my favorite form of his.

He does, but the color palette and shading of the game is a lot closer to the colorized manga.

His model just looks like FPSSJ Vegeta. He isn't as buff as Super Vegeta but calls himself that when entering a fight. Also

Well, 21 seems to have stopped Cauliflafags, which in turn stopped Gohanfags, so it was a big improvement. Last thread being shit had nothing to do with her.

Wow, someone was in a hurry to leave the studio that day

He's a slightly thinner Super Vegeta. He's buffer than Goku.

I want to die by Android 21's hands.

Chandhan announcement soon.

Any of you guys have Gohan or Buu stuff? I think people are really sleeping on them. twitter.com/AtomicOreo/status/909891311922065408

CHADppa first

Saiyans a shit.
Androids a shit
Humans a shit

Only kid buu

does he get fucking shot in the new shit?

A good Buu corner combo with IAD and Ki blast cancel.

Not many decent Gohan concepts but his Aerial Kicks look like they can be versatile.

Freeza shoots him with his finger lasers.

my nigga

This fucking faggot wannabe hero basically doomed billion and billions of humans(aliens) just like 4 episodes ago.

Yep. It's pretty ridiculous.

IT WAS ME VEGETA

Fuck out of the way.

Posting what Buu should've been.

>doomed billion and billions of humans(aliens) just like 4 episodes ago.
BASED

Any idea if the heal from Buu's level 3 is dependent on how much damage it does? The scaling as a level 3 means the damage will be mediocre, but it would be great for recovery if it always heals the exact same amount

Oh I thought that was an insta-kill

MASTER LIST OF POTENTIAL CHARACTERS:

*Characters listed from their initial appearance, of course including later stuff.
*This only takes into account moveset quantity(including transformations and potential support stuff), not moveset uniqueness.
*Moveset source must be manga for DB/DBZ(primarily) and anime for OVA/Specials/Filler/Movies/GT/Super. Games are complementary only.
*Being able to fly(in some way) and fire ki blasts(this doesn't mean having a dedicated ki button) is a requirement until a character that doesn't have either or both gets in.
*Yeah, lots of Super characters have potential, but they must first show more moves.

DB:
-Kid Goku(flight with Nimbus)
-Yamcha
-Roshi(flight with Gamera)
-Tien
-King Piccolo
-Base Goku

DBZ:
-Raditz
-Kid Gohan
-Nappa
-Base Vegeta
-Dodoria
-Zarbon
-Ginyu
-Recoome
-Imperfect Cell
-Future Gohan
-Dabura
-Majin Vegeta
-Super Buu
-Gotenks
-Ultimate Gohan
-Vegito
-Kid Buu

TV Specials/OVAs:
-Bardock

Anime Filler:
-Pikkon

Movies:
-Turles
-Lord Slug
-Cooler
-Meta Cooler
-Broly
-Bojack
-Janemba
-Gogeta

GT:
-Pan
-Kid Goku (GT)
-Rilldo
-Baby Vegeta
-Majuub
-SS4 Goku
-Super 17
-Nuova Shenron
-Omega Shenron

Super:
-Beerus
-Hit
-Black
-Merged Zamasu
-Bergamo(w/Basil&Lavender)

From what I've seen Gohan is probably the worst character in the beta. He's an all-rounder like Goku without the reach he has, and unlike Krillin he doesn't have an alternative playstyle to mitigate it. He has a DP but so does Vegeta who has better normals and specials. His Supers are just angled Kamehameha, Level 3 Kamehameha, and a way to guarantee the Level 3 kills if you really want to burn meter.

Buu I definitely think is being slept on though. He's got some interesting ranged options and mixups that I don't think people were doing much of. I think frame traps or assist baits into his Level 1 are going to be a thing, and I think assists combined with his cloud and trapping blobs and j.H could make him a real threat in neutral.

4 episodes ago was 8 weeks ago. Let it go dude.

>the heal from Buu's level 3
I never even knew it did that.
But the webm shows it recovering his blue health, so it's probably based on the damage it does, I'd assume.

>tfw roster isn't even complete and i already have more than enough to complete a team
The struggle is real
I want to play Trunks, Vegeta, Cell and Freezer, maybe even 16 because of his dunk move into CRASH

In DB times it was like 5 min ago

jobhan is in, as a punching bag in training mode

>no Great Saiyaman
>no Jackie Chun
>no Monaka
>no Bulma

>Booma
>Me moosles

What even is Buu's j.H? He has so little gameplay that I don't actually know any of his normals aside from jab and headslam.

I believe it's a set amount that cannot exceed the amount of blue (recoverable) health he has. So, if you call Buu assist and he gets hit a few times but lives, you can combo as your point into a super then DHC into Buu's Level 3 for both a strong combo finish and a heal of that blue life.

Gohanfags and Cauliflafags are the same person.

Just rotate, man. It really helps that every character has nothing but quarter circle inputs, so learning the commands for everyone you are interested in would be relatively simple.

I always stayed away from most of the DBZ movies but this fucker looks too cool from playing him in games, is the movie any good?

THIS THREAD WILL BE DESTROYED IN FIVE MINUTES

I'm going with Vegeta, 18, and Trunks. Trunks is only there not necessarily because he's a direct third favorite, but because I like him about a sliver more than the rest of the cast and his design edges out an otherwise even playing field.

Hey, not bad! Thanks buddy.
Gohan is definitely the worst character as of the Gamescon build. He may end up being better with the right assists but I don't think they exist atm. Or well, I didn't have enough time with the game to actually figure out who complements him. His damage is ridiculous but he needs more than that.

Webm unrelated.

It's actually the best DBZ movie.

What's her appeal to you?

The big extended long arm. It's a strong neutral tool I think, it's got great range and solid damage for a poke.

Can't wait to destroy retards like you with based Chadhan.

Don't forget mechanics aren't even fully worked out yet and max level supers weren't in the beta, things will only get better, they still have like 4 to 5 months before release but in general it's probably the best dev for this type of fighter game ^^

>webm

The random characters teleporting in for a single hit confuses me.

That's most likely what's going to happen. I just fear my SFV syndrome will go onto this. In SFV I can't use more than 1 character because I my muscle memory fucks me up and I end up doing combos from character A but with character B.

Yes its great, the only movies you should stay away from are the second and third Broly movie.

I hope Super Buu gets in just so I can BTFO you retarded Gohan faggots.

Gohan is only good as a teenager, after that he goes to shit

where's my boy

This game has an amazing art style, and great animations and roster, but it's going to die after like 1 month because the gameplay is shallow and all the combos are braindead

meanwhile the hideous MvC:I is going to live on for years

What's the deal with Android 21 anyway?
Is she actually a new playable character or just someone who pops up in the Story Mode cutscenes?

Hell yes, will watch asap then.

I actually do want nappa, he could plant saibamen like Jack-O does with her houses. Complete with a self destruct command.

>meanwhile the hideous MvC:I is going to live on for years
Only because capcomfaggots will eat up anything if Capcom makes it.

It's tied for the best atmosphere in DBZ movies.
It's also the craziest in terms of silly shit and crazy techniques and explosions.

Worth the watch in both languages.

You mean just like literally every arcsys game ?
This one might be an exception though, because of the fact it's DBZ.

Okay so should I just give up on hoping for Base form Goku(Kaio Ken) and Vegeta(Scouter)(Moveset like dirty fireworks)

I mean shit we get SSJ Blue which is the same fucking shit really.

My other hope is Bardock.

Seeing people do stuff with Krillin makes me so happy, as a long time fan of the character.

I'm sorry, user.

Story character.

I like SFV but I'm picking up DBFZ, not gonna touch the abortion known as MVC:I. Tekken's cool too. Will DBFZ have cross-play? It might die fast if it doesn't

>gameplay is shallow
Its not, fuck off.

>DHC into Buu's level 3
Fuck, sounds amazing, didn't even think of that. With how fast you build meter in this game, it can be a pretty good trick.

I feel ya, but since this game is 3v3, i don't think you will have such issues. In this game you will always have a mindset of playing multiple characters, unlike in SFV where you can just play the same character forever, so by the time you try a fourth character, you should be used to playing multiple chars. All you would really need is some practice and the mindset shouldn't be too bad for this game. If it gets really bad, try to play Goku/Vegeta first since they are the easiest characters.

Roshi when?

That sounds like it should be reversed.
MvC:I isn't gonna be popular because of the graphics despite the actual gameplay being alright, while DBFZ will be popular for a bit since it looks great and has a built in fanbase (DBZ fans) who will be interested in it even if they're not big fighter fans.

We don't know yet.

She's a story mode character. The reveal had no power chart and the website updated to include Tenshinhan and Yamucha as playable characters but left her out.

What's the other one?

>tfw this is a good feel as a lab monster
I legit spent days upon days of in-game time during the life of Marvel 3 building teams and finding synergy. This is going to reawaken that in me and I am SO READY for it. I really like Piccolo, Krillin, and 16 but I feel like I may need to split them into separate teams unless I find some great tech.

Those are assists. They were a staple of MvC 2 and 3. You press dedicated assist buttons (one for each teammate) and they come in and do one of their moves. You can use them for mixups or to extend combos. Generally you can only call a particular assist once every few seconds or once per combo.

Announced as a story character, could be playable later down the line, could not be. There are a shitload of story characters in Xrd that aren't playable after all.

Is that suppose to be super sayian vegeta or super vegeta? Because they are different forms

>I always stayed away from most of the DBZ movies
If you ever think about watching the anime again, skip it and watch the movies instead. All the same cool shit reskinned and with no filler.

Super Saiyan Vegeta, but he does take a few things from Super Vegeta.

I thought only DB had a recap movie?

This game looks fun but fuck me, every webm is the same fucking combo over and over again, I think it might get pretty stale fast.

I have no idea how to play fighting games, but this dragon ball one looks really fun.

Are you completely retarded? The DBZ movies are all non canon stories that never actually happened and don't affect the plot at all. The movies that are canon are the DBS movies.

Super Vegeta, he's buffer than Goku and even moves slower.

It doesn't afaik

Arcsys doesn't have crossplay with their games, so it's up to Bamco to decide whether they're willing to shell out for it, and considering the beta servers were already split for the Xbone/PS4 test I wouldn't be too hopeful.

Yeah i really hope he makes it. Even ignoring the Saibamen, he legitimately has a big amount of different moves that would be perfect for this game. It is pretty weird how much material he has for a secondary villain.

A lot of fighting games have samey combos for the first few months after launch when people figure shit out, and this game is literally 5 or 6 months from even launching. The variations we have seen are already showing potential despite the limited beta time; that Nakkiel guy already found some good unique 18 juggles.

They do need to fix scaling on some supers, especially Level 3s, however.

Actually I would recommend DBZ Kai.
Original anime remastered with new voice acting (both new Jap and Eng track), new animation in places, and most of the non-manga filler taken out.
Hell, Toonami is actually airing the Majin Boo Kai episodes currently.

Possibly. But I doubt it. Not every mechanic is in yet and people did start figuring some stuff out beyond the usual launcher combos and whatnot. There's depth even in the current build, just not enough time to figure it all out.

IT's Super Vegeta, notice the muscles.

>That one guy from the last thread who wanted to torture himself for android 21

What was that all about?

Should I watch Kai?

Bardock Father of Goku and History of Trunks are canon also, but those are exceptions and Bardock became officially canon later on.

He's nowhere near as beefy as the manga version, then.

Please tell me how
>Tree Of Might isn't like the Saiyan Saga
>The Cooler movies aren't like the Namek Saga
>Android 13 isn't like the Cell saga(up until Cell)
>Fusion Reborn isn't like the Buu saga

Everything done in canon is done in DBZ movies, except there's no fillershit and there's no Uchiyama or bad animators 80% of the time.

Yeah I guess. I'm not really a fighting game guy but I really loved Budokai 3. Hoping I can enjoy this without really being good at fightan games.

Go for it, but go back to original for some of the good filler episodes like the driving one.

Eh, Marvel vs Capcom 3 looked all flash no substance back then and it was a fantastic game nonethless. I am not worried.