/hbg/ - Homebrew & Hacking General

"People really stopped giving a shit" Edition

Previous thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.5 via system transfer or magnethax)
Switch: 3.0.0
Wii U: 5.5.2
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/6DjeR08L

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
[Sep 12] ntrboot is now compatible with r4igold.cc and Action Replay DS cards. gbatemp.net/threads/release-ntrboot-for-r4igoldcc-ards-ez-ardsi.483802/
[Sep 1] Anemone3DS is a new theme manager and recommended after what happened to the last two. gbatemp.net/threads/482804

>Switch
[Sep 5] 3.0.2 released, appearing to mainly expand multiplayer to new regions. Nintendo patched a major exploit with the release of 3.0.1.

>Wii U
[Aug 15] New browser hack method for Wii U on firmware 5.5.2 gbatemp.net/threads/480966
[Jul 24] Hint at a Crunchyroll entrypoint. twitter.com/WiiUbru/status/889303560655175684

>Vita
[Sep 17] VitaShell 1.7 released. Introduces a QR code scanner and the ability to mount sd2vita/psvsd as usb device. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/VitaShell/releases/tag/1.7
[Sep 7] TheFloW announced a plugin that circumvents npdrm. In theory no more buggy dumpers, just 1:1 copies of games. pastebin.com/ELptKruf
[Sep 4] New Adrenaline release. github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/releases
-Adrenaline no longer requires a base game or activation. You still cannot activate new Vitas to use PSN. Do not use MTLActivator and go on PSN, you will be banned.

>PS4
[Aug 3] 4.73 released, blocks MTX Key, ban reports on shared piracy accounts. wololo.net/2017/08/03/ps4-firmware-4-73-released-blocks-mtx-key-ban-reports-shared-piracy-accounts/

Other urls found in this thread:

r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm
3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)
twitter.com/mrnbayoh/status/910240167625203712
github.com/mahoushoujorose/pkmnplusgreen
gbatemp.net/threads/release-nonpdrm-plugin-by-theflow.484065/page-9#post-7584590
playstationhax.xyz/forums/topic/3907-tutorial-how-to-play-minecraft-trial-on-your-retail-ps4-poc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

YOU DIDNT UPDATE IT

first for switch piracy is not worth waiting for

My vita is on 3.65
Can i hack it?
also is there a guide for retards?

diva f 2nd jp edit mode dlc where

no and no

Well of course you can! Just go to Aliexpress and by a new 3.60 board.

Is it possible to install DS roms onto a 3DS with FBI, or do I still need a flashcart?

Has the quality of /hbg/ threads improved in the last couple of weeks?

DS rom installation is still buggy, so a flashcart is preferred.

You can use nds-bootstrap to run some games kinda poorly off a 3DS SD card, no install with FBI needed. Still better to use a flash card.

you got the wrong R4i Gold

that board is from pic related

r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm

but apparently it /is/ compatible with ntrboot and the .bin is missing from the guide (check section V, "R4i_Gold_3DS_"Starter"-Flashrom.zip – Missing")

3ds-guide.b4k.co/installing-boot9strap-(ntrboot)

so back it up before flashing ntrboot and share it

You can use TWLoader, but most games run like shit.

Sadly, this is your cheapest option, user.

No, I've seen an increment of anons giving bogus advice to fuck people over.

Piracy is always worth it.

Superstar saga DX is on the CDN for US, and is actually preloadable for JP.

after installing everything in the b9s tutorial is it better to install games with fbi or bigbluemenu?

Any interesting homebrew available for 360 nowadays

Thanks, anons.

>bigbluemenu
Deprecated for years, use FBI

3.61+ VITA WHEN

Wait, is there a download for SS?

metroid on freeshop fucking WHEN?

It's been there for days.

It's already on.

we can now dump 3.61+ games from cartridges. that's the first step to finding the keys. having something to decrypt to tell if the dumped keys are valid

>that's the first step to finding the keys. having something to decrypt to tell if the dumped keys are valid
We can only hope Blackfin Leaker keep releasing juicy shit that might somehow lead to that.

do i need to update or something?

blackfin predates henkaku so they may have gotten in the f00d processor on a much lower firmware. perhaps they have a key that would let us decrypt f00d updates. so we can get the new keys.

Probably
Download Paul's Freeshop
Scan enctitlekeys from 3ds.titlekeys.gq

>blackfin predates henkaku so they may have gotten in the f00d processor
Honestly, this is pretty much on what I'm betting.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but Blackfin still works on even the lastest firmware, right? It's just no one is seeding games.

I don't think that'll happen, mostly because BlackFin required actual carts responding to auth requests over the internet to function, implying that it still required CMD56 to derive a decryption key.

no it was patched pre 3.60. still same keys for 3.60
though to use the hack to get into food( if it exists) we may need an older fw system.

The words ring loudly and you're uncertain if they were spoken aloud or not. As an amateur translator yourself, your own "code" dictates that the only reason to do a translation patch is to make sure people play it and to always remember that the more obscure the game, the smaller the size of the apparent fans wanting it, the stronger the emotion and the purer the work will be in the end as there is nothing in this world save but the grace of god Himself that can stand next to the brilliance of a modder/translator/hacker/scripter refusing to take himself seriously and remembering that what they are doing is already illegal because they do not own the product and therefore are violating many regulations and the like; and that they are not doing something like a translation patch for any sort of fame, for any kind of recognition, and obviously not for any money as the idea itself is simply ludicrous.

A man who does a translation patch does it so people can play the game. Patched. That is the only reason why a patch is made and it is so now and forever it shall be so. It is the translation patch's author's GOD GIVEN RESPONSABILITY to make sure that anybody who wants to play the patched game can do so if they so desire and uploading the obscure game they so lovingly patched to an "Emu-Site" is the bare minimum that he ows his audience.

Yes, he owes it to them. To the players. Because without them there is no translation patch... there is only a man making a translation for a language that shall never be spoken...

For the record, you can find the games I've co-patched by googling "the", "iso" and "zone". I personally uploaded the .ISO files and made sure to leave a link to the translation patch in the comments field of that place that would lead the player to the "rom" "hacking" website where they can find my patch.

I hope to god you find the spirit of christ within you, my son, my brother, my cousin of Adam, and do the same.

gbatemp.net/threads/379598/page-24

yes but how did the blackfin dev do that without henkaku or rejuvenate and how deep did he go. remember there is a food exploit on i think 1.60 but the scene is being moralfags about it.

So what exactly was the flipnote thing? I just saw something about it on twitter and saw there was an system update?

Reminder: 3.61+ Vita anigaymes not worth waiting for.

You can't use filpnote 3ds without an update which you need to update to 11.6 to get. Although you might be able to access it using homebrew?

oh wait, there was a 11.6 update for 3ds? oh fuck

It is. It'll happen. And that day I'll enjoy Mary Skelter.

NEVER EVER

I meant what was the actual "exploit"? did it release or not? I had a buddy that was waiting on an entry point. Idk if he got the update because he stays offline so there might be a chance.

Also i haven't updated my cfw yet and i can still launch if anyone was curious

If you update to 11.6, Flipnote Studio 3D gets softlocked until you update that as well to remove the vulnerability. If you stay on 11.5, you can still use it.

Doesn't matter much either way, it's just userland kickass bullshit.

It released.
twitter.com/mrnbayoh/status/910240167625203712

But again, still only userland. Can't install CFW from it.

I'm more curious about how does BlackFin operate, because if it was simply just "raw dump the cart and then let peers auth it for you" it shouldn't require specific FW, unless Sony tightened the time it allowed the card to send a response which would be impossible to achieve over network. There's also a thing that BlackFin didn't require Vita to dump the game, but it was quite unreliable so more info about that would also be welcome. I don't think he's going to get paid anytime soon as Cobra doesn't and most likely never will see any profit from having that info anymore as we can already pirate for free without any of their crap.

>back it up
how?

wait a minute the games where dumped by a usb base that the blackfin synced to. so by that logic there must be some vita keys in the card reader

github.com/mahoushoujorose/pkmnplusgreen

Can I apply this patch with Luma? How would I go about doing it? I wanna play as a qt girl.

Not necessarily keys but because it's F00D that's doing the initialization it would be very interesting to see how was that achieved, if he really reverse-engineered the initialization sequence or just found a workaround that didn't require the card to be initialized on the cost that it was unreliable. As far as I'm concerned, the init CMD56s aren't yet publicly understood as motoharu's psvcd still requires an actual Vita to respond to init commands before being able to dump the cart so it could certainly be a step in the right direction.

Is there anyway to get the amiibo unlocks for Samus Returns on cfw? I want hard mode

Goodnight bros.

"The code IPS patching feature allows you to use IPS patches on a game's code. To use it:

Create a folder named titles inside luma.
Create a folder with the game's title id as the name (look them up on www.3dsdb.com) inside titles.
Obtain an IPS patch for the game, rename it as code.ips and put it into that folder.
For example, to use a patch with Pokémon™ Y, rename it to code.ips and put it in 0004000000055E00."
Just tried it and it just got stuck in the 3ds logo

So where does the magnet have to be on o3DS? I can't try while it's on because t's bricked.

VitaShell gave me that error after unmounting USB, and I had to restart my Vita to get it to start again. After doing so my transferred files(nonpdrm dumps) are still there but I can't them to show when refreshing the livearea, and I can't uninstall a different title from the livearea. Games still run though.
How do I fix this?

>RESPONSABILITY
stopped reading there

with vita2sd correct i got that problem too.

yeah, although it worked correctly once before, and I have gotten this error before on an old sony card pre-enso, but all the issues went away after a reboot that time

the firm ntrboot installer

you need a hacked 3ds with b9s

found this
gbatemp.net/threads/release-nonpdrm-plugin-by-theflow.484065/page-9#post-7584590

Anyone having issues with running multiplayer with their mai rips on vita TVs?

No such problems with vitamin games or any games on a regular vita.

can any vita TV be hacked? my 64gb died, im.pissed, i lost everything, and now i just kinda want to update it to get my stuff back

I don't think this would work, because you'd be patching the VC app instead of the actual rom inside it. Your best bet is making a .cia out of the patched rom with the GB Injection Tool.

PSP >>> Vita

Rebuilding database didn't help. Really don't want to format my SD card.

no, if you update it's over

Recommended website to get a DS flash cart?
I live in the US

i am saying i WANT to update it to get my stuff from psn. im asking if vita tv can be hacked

if you're on 3.60 or lower, yes

Does the new 3ds update fucks with something or is it safe?

>live in US
tech3ds.com boi

ejects mustard gas if on cfw, avoid it

okay i know that i mean if all vita tv are already at that firmware

Nobody knows what you're saying, user.

everyone here must be retarded then except me

OP still hasn't updated news about Wii VC injects/nintendont gamepad controls.

oh shit I better uninstall then

Dumped it, where do I find the file on the SD?

Still not completely sure of the situation really. So it seems like r4ids.cn are using the PCB from the Deluxe Starter for regular R4i Gold now.

Or you are the only true retard here

Now that the Samus Returns hype is over, is there anything good coming out?

The Snack World.

Not soon though, as far as I'm aware.

Does anyone know what will happen if I format my Vita now? Can I do this without the sd2vita in to save my games and just reset ur0? Will it even try to format the memory card in the first place?
I assume it won't try to update, do I need to disconnect wifi first?

What's the best RPG I can throw on my 3DS before the hurricane hits?

Should I play SMT or FE?

can you use jgecko to edit ram in botw on 5.5.2? mine won't connect

posted this last thread and nobody gave a shit

playstationhax.xyz/forums/topic/3907-tutorial-how-to-play-minecraft-trial-on-your-retail-ps4-poc/

tl;dr
>retail now has a way to load pirated games
>PoC but works
>still 1.76 and lower that applies
>requires effort but still able to be done fairly reliably
>does work on private exploits as well but theyre private still

Minecraft babbies out

i can explain this one and its just as autistic as the game itself
>small size
>easy to work with
>immediately easy to tell if the process worked
>since the """devs""" have shitty internet thats almost illegally slow it helps to have minecraft
>but only because its literally small and simple

theres no other reason behind the choice being minecraft outside of it being a conveniently small title on 30kb/s upspeeds

If you are new to both series then I think FE can be more forgiving to begginners if that is what you want. If no, then it depends on what you like. Neither of them is a typical rpg and you could get a dragon quest if you are looking for that. SMT is the closest but not really.

Personally I prefer FE but I think both of are very solid and you can;t go wrong with either one.

Depends on the kind of RPG you're looking for. There's also Bravely Default/Second, Etrian Odyssey IV, Dragon Quest I forgot how many, Xenoblade Chronicles (lol), and some others I'm probably not thinking of.

M O T H S

Best OP in a while.

Supercard DSTWO support for NTR yet? I see DSTT but I think that's two completely different things

Alright I played around with it more and it seems it's only my sd card that's fucked, my sony card can install and delete apps no problem.
I saw someone else claim this issue is from copying too many files to Vitashell via USB at once. I seem to remember people complaining about that here before too. I guess I'm going to format the SD card and hope it's not the files on it that are corrupted and just the filesystem or something because I really don't want to spend days downloading 40gb from Mega again.

>ordered sd2vita
>shipping info received for like a week now
>still not even in transit
>getting shipped from Taiwan, I live in Europe
>Estimated delivery Wednesday, Sep 20, 2017 - Sunday, Oct 8, 2017
Fugg.

thats what you get for buying from chinks

Will I ever be able to flash my action replay dsi with just my 3DS without the special USB cable?

Under 2$ shipped dude, I couldn't resist and basically impulse bought it for shits and giggles.

im just giving you shit, i bought one too and am also waiting for it. but its been longer and im a leaf.

EDF 2017 / EDF2 rips fucking WHEN??

What would happened if the two rato collide?

gay