/mbg/ - Mount & Blade General

tactics edition

(Looted) thread: READ THE PASTEBIN BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS.

LATEST BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS:

Captain MP mode gamplay :
youtube.com/watch?v=c_3el4IAevg
youtube.com/watch?v=JaUBg7Ynmwk

Last blog:
taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/25

OLDER BANNERLORD INFO/VIDEOS: See Pastebin/the sub-forum

PASTEBIN: pastebin.com/ZesXLTP3

M&B Wiki: mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/Mount_and_Blade_Wiki

NOOB GUIDE: imgur.com/a/FMAqV

>user's mods and upstab guide:
pastebin.com/agwZu9Df

>/mbg/ Steamgroup
steamcommunity.com/groups/mountandbladevg
1257 map sucks shit
New Modules :
>Custom Troop Trees
moddb.com/mods/custom-troop-trees/downloads/custom-troop-trees-03092017
>CTT for Dickplomacy+Polygamy Bugfix
mega.nz/#!dgQSlKhY!qudd7noj5rQHfagLq-adDzn1c7X3HHawmA3TbCy0CH0

>"I made a mod recently or updated it. Wat do?"
Link to the OP in your post so that it might be easier to find for the one making the next OP (also for regular people).

never make the OP again

>1257 map sucks shit

t. sneaky sandnigger

t. 1257 corporate goon hit squad Team Leader

Fifth for Polearms!

I'm posting Cao Cao in honour of the poster who was posting in honour of the original Cao Cao poster until we get a good Romance of the three kingdoms mod.

Dynasty warriors mod?

something something dynasty warriors

More like caca

Anyone have experience playing TLD as dorfs?

My king seems like a fucking doofus

Wow that's a first.
Entire playthrough had them violently fisting each other exclusively.

literally a ded thred

Please, I beg you!

OH SHIT ITS DOWN TO THE WIRE
I NEED THE MONEY AND I AM TOO DEEP INTO MY BET HOLY SHIT

just don't be a shitter

A shitter I was not.
Nice. Got 8000 total from this.
Also got another 800 for my prisoner, Johann Whatever whatever.
Things are looking up!

Keep posting, it's halfway entertaining.

Okay...
At least it's halfway entertaining.
Got another Holy Roman Empire Dude.
Don't lords have a very high chance of escape? This is the second in a row.

nobody plays this mod so I have to assume it's shit
what's wrong with it?

I dunno. I like it, so yeah.

what are you hiding? what glaring flaws does it have?

The map is probably SUPER flat

>Keep posting, it's halfway entertaining
keep it coming, his majesty is like amused

:^)
oldfarts from this general are fukjn cancer

dumb slav

I was promised Sept. 22
Persistent Troop Identities when?

This is Rhodok soil

I gave it a whirl last night and I couldn't find anything particularly wrong with it myself. This guy's actually making me want to play it, but I'm deep into Rome at War right now.
They have about an 80% chance to escape IIRC
>half way entertaining
I mean it's comfy. I wish more people would play through-post. I keep meaning to but I keep forgetting. You're in a general, actually playing and talking about the game the general is dedicated to, and a mod that a lot of people haven't played to boot. Fucking gold star posts, imo, keep it up.

would you trade with him?

No, I kill him before be goes to do some retarded and devastating event in history

that there's really nothing notable about it
there's three western europe 14th/15th century mods: hundred years war, 1429, and knights the last battle
knights is the only one to have PBOD which is a pretty good reason to play it above the others, i remember the guns being fucked up and the crossbows aren't animated but outside of that the mod is pretty average

Oh I just must be lucky.
But I guess the luck of my fellow lords is out. I came across a siege and I figured I would just stand there and bash a few hundred skulls in.
Nothing but Pikes...

Post stuff too. This general keeps sinking. Need some playthrough screens.

This is all I own

What the hell?
How?

We fought the Holy Roman Guys off, but they scattered into the country. Imma help my fellow men.
Hammers are a blessing. I always knock enemies out with my polehammer. Lotta profit.

>Post stuff too. This general keeps sinking. Need some playthrough screens.
decided to start over again because mercia is a fucking disaster, going to side with wessex once i feel the time is right
spent 100 days just trying to get the right gear again too, thanks rng

>I wish more people would play through-post
Fine.
Everything to the west of this image is Imperial Portuguese clay, with the exception of Scotland. Venice, the Il-Khanate, the >H>R>E and Hungary have grown into huge blobs swallowing every other country in their path, the rest of the world is a clusterfuck of border gore nations in a state of endless war.
My mission is to tread the wizard path and conquer the world in 1257AD like the sheepspic and other super autists.
Right now we're at peace, which is unfortunate. Guess i'll go burn some villages.

Damn that's a clusterfuck. When war breaks out and all parties are involved, it'll be crazy.
I really like the struggle in the beginning to get gear and train troops, as well as getting gold.

I got sniped by an Arquebus while commanding my troops. How the fuck did that hit me? Damn...
I also need cavalry. I dunno who to go for. The HRE looks to have fantastic cavalry, but I cannot get their shit...

Nevermind, guess we're at war with Novgorod now. Which is some shithole that is already getting assfucked by another kingdom. This particular 1257 save is hell on earth.

Just finished last Veeky Forums touches on my Teutonic Order, HA commando. Made me think more than ususal. For first time I have npcs that are not HA material for shit (imo Jeremus is pretty decent HA material, so imagine...)
Just 10 out of 20 are ezz to make them HA. I should've done rest ususal heavy cav.

it was less about getting gear and more about getting the gear i want, pic related
had to get the matching shirt to the hauberk for my second outfit for a e s t h e t i c s

Holy shit you guys are Veeky Forums as fuck.

style over stats
scale may be better but mail looks way better, especially with a vendel
also i noticed i had the wrong boots on in that last pic

>post stuff too
Alright, this is Lucius Caius Sertorius, currently a mercenary for the Roman Republic. We're currently in a slugfest with the Safinim, though I'm sure we'll be at war with someone else soon, it's early yet.

I don't normally take screens of my characters faces, but I'm proud of this one.

I agree and do the same usually, I'm lucky this time and in 1257 best stat-wise armor pieces also look very nice. Even these appareantly weird pot helmets match the looks of the whole since it's supposed to be as heavy cavish as possible

Has it been 10 days?

i actually really like those anglo saxon helms like these but vendels look too good
only downsides are i don't get to see my character's face as often and it looks silly when you use the horn

May the spirit of holy Rhodok bless you. And may Bannerlord finally have a faction that echoes the glory that is Rhodok.

I'm posting The Humungus, The Lord Humungus, The Warrior of the Wasteland, The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla in honour of the original Humungus poster until we get a good post-apocalyptic mod.

I'm mostly just harassing smaller forager parties and patrols when the army isn't attacking. I only keep around 60 guys in my party when I'm just roaming around to keep costs down and speed up. This is us smashing the shit out of a foraging party.

>besieging Hrus castle
>start assault
>siege tower is at the walls
>time to rape the Vaegir defenders
>soldiers get fucking stuck between the wall and the siege tower
>ok time to go rambo on their asses
>climb ladder near the siege tower
>get fucking stuck between the wall and the ladder
>fuckmylife.jpg
Fucking Hrus castle. I'll let the other Jarls deal with this shit.

were getting a bannerlord update on thursday?

Fugg man that's harsh.

That dude at the top of the ladder looks like some burnt up Jap at Iwo Jima or something, it's legitimately unsettling.

Mongols can't deal with horse archers themselfs. Ironic. (Good they were not that top tier trained and seasoned troops, or we would be fucked up)*

*on the other hand. aren't lances reqruitement supposed to look like this for all parties? that majority of every army are pretty much shittiers?

dumb frankposter

Lances are fairly random from what I can tell, but you can change the makeup of your lances by talking to your Captain. You can either go with expensive, more elite troops but smaller numbers, or go to the "quantity has a quality all it's own," deal, big numbers and untrained peasants.

Truth to be told, this run is rather over. At next one I should skip making HA out of least proper npcs. Mayby it's time to drop all out 10pd attidude, too. (I can't, I'm too weak for that).

less but better is dialogue is something like "Tell them that I want only equpied and willing peasants/nobles go to war?"

Yes, pretty much.

must be HA paradise

what sort of fucking map is this shit

A rhodok map

was actually 6 looters outside Praven in DICKplomacy. I managed but still fuck.

Where is that pic from?

Warwolf

>red wars 2.0 will never ever be finished

A German wouldn't never wear such faggy cloth.

Why do you people keep posting cool pics from it but never talk about it.

My favourite map, Alpine as fuck.

The "swadia's bane" map.

>When your party goes near Culmarr Castle, Artimenner will tell you that the castle was built in the old Imperial Calradic style, and the castle is located in a strategic mountain pass out of the highlands. He also adds that after the Rhodoks won their independence, a Rhodok chieftain set himself up in Culmarr Castle, called himself "Count", and imposed a toll on the pass for the merchants to pay to get their velvet to the rest of Calradia. More chieftains followed his example, and set themselves up in castles overlooking mountain passes and imposed tolls. To control the counts, Artimenner states that you need a king as well, and the Rhodoks turned into yet another monarchy, which is why he shows some dislike towards the Kingdom of Rhodoks and you should too.

lies

CTT user are you alive and present?

based Artimenner laying down the redpill

Why is this game so boring

Because you suck at it

Because your mom doesn't move her hips enough.

Because you aren't being yourself. Seriously, the secret is just that.

More like it's boring so I suck.

Anyone /novaaetas/ here?

>Trying to kill the thread
You know he is bearing the curse now

was it already patched?

>spend forever making a nice looking colony and upgrading the fort
>the natives sail across the ocean to attack me in Calradia

It's 5.0 now and for the first time (at least for me) is stable and perfectly playable without random crashes or crashes for scripted events (the Mongol/Timurid knockoffs invading for example).

>Establish my colony
>-3 relation with the natives
>Dickweed lord from same kingdom establishes his colony on the island besides me
>-30 relation, they start invading Calradia with 300-strong armies

Morion helmets are Veeky Forums as fuck

Last time I tried it, colonization was broken as fuck.
I wasn't able to remove or properly Place buildings.

Also the whole scripting didn't work. Placing a building gave me +5 pop and placing a second one gave me -5 pop.

Works fine for me now. Well I'm only up to the second construction tier but placement works and I removed some trees.

>You have earned the bad supplier trait even though nobody is in your party

post screens of your colony.

I only started out so I'm building it very sparsely so I can fit in important structures later on.

The colony fort (second tier - stone fort) is built automatically.

Can you have siege battles in your colonies? If so, might give it a try again (last time I tried was the 2.1 or something)

>imposed a toll
Literally the Jews of Calrad-
>for the merchants
le based one of us xD upboat

Technically you are supposed to have battles at your colonies, but the natives prefer sailing to Calradia and raiding you there

I saw an option to pick whether you want battles to take place in your colony or your colony fort so I guess it's possible, but no one bothered to invade my island so far so I didn't get to try it out.
My main gripes with the mod so far is that cannons suck, they seem to hit my own men standing in their vicinity more than anything else (if they even hit anything at all for the duration of the battle). Though all factions except one are still at tech level 1 so cannons are more of a novelty thing.

looks good.
I played VC now for a long time and it is great but starts to get boring.
I will retry this.

Native or lance recruitment system for 1257AD?

I asked this a while ago and the responses I got were in favour of Lance.